• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda's Spike (Video inside)

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
The only problem being that Zelda's kicks are all super hard to land right.

Iris

Smash Ace
It looks impressive, and I like how it doesn't launch her downwards. Not sure what I like more, Dair spike or Farore's spike.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Awesome! Thanks for those videos. Everytime I see her Dair I love it more and more. Nice to see it's killer at low percents. Seems hard to sweetspot but I guess with practice one can master it.

On a side note Fox's jumping sounds like he's on a poga stick or something spring loaded.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
I am very pleased to see a stronger Dair this time around. I think that it will come in handy in certain situations now.

However, I don't really care too much for the waving taunt though.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Hi everyone I'm Dias and I main Zelda myself. I feel right at home here! :)

Anyways I hope this isn't old I recorded a vid of Zelda's new dair spike. Take a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd7TTUANag4&feature=PlayList&p=CEF8401A6109F32E&index=21

Also for all of those who are interested Zelda's taunts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZevCEtKYRI

(I believe its at 50sec)
a couple comments:

1. sweet! zelda in red is totally awesome now. too many people pick dark zelda, so thanks for picking a different color, especially this awesome one >_>

2. the kick itself is pretty awesome. i often use it in melee but it always makes me sad how it only has knockback at high %'s...

3. i don't quite understand that weird taunt where she wiggles... but it's cool. i'll probably use it or the fire.

Luthien

Smash Ace
The waving taunt... does in seem uncharacteristic to anyone else? A wave I can understand, but... shaking her booty? Sorry, I have trouble connecting that to the almost-too-mature princess I've come to know and love. Hmm... I suppose I can adjust.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
It's an actual spike?! Nice! Hopefully it won't be too hard to sweetspot. Can anyone who's played the game tell us if it's hard to sweetspot?

And Luthien, in an all out Brawl I think even the most mature of characters are allowed to show their wild sides :p

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
The waving taunt... does in seem uncharacteristic to anyone else? A wave I can understand, but... shaking her booty? Sorry, I have trouble connecting that to the almost-too-mature princess I've come to know and love. Hmm... I suppose I can adjust.
When I saw the taunt in videos (not up close) I thought she was dancing.

Drake3

Smash Ace
I can't even make out the sweetspots anymore because they're all so small.

And she's not shaking her booty >_>. It honestly just looks like a 'Yoohoo' but more emphasized (with rocking back and forth) so you don't miss it like her stupid prayer taunt.

FinalKai

Smash Apprentice
Home: New Jersey, College: USC (Los Angeles)
I really like that her dair is like a downward lightning kick now...i felt that it was extremely lacking in Melee and really should've been as it is now in Brawl...

As for the taunt...I love it. It shows her more girly side...and it's so appropriate when you lightning kick someone stage right or stage left...just wave "bye" to them as they fly away...It's one of those taunts that is actually taunting the enemy like Cpt. Falcon's "Show me your moves" or Fox's "C'mon!"

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I think that Zelda looks much better in SSBB than he was in Melee. I´m not saying that she was bad in Melee, but some of his moves were kinda... slow. Now (from what I´ve seen) seems like many of her moves are stronger or faster. And as for her taunts... they still seem a little weird to me, but I think that after a while I´m so used to them that I won´t understand how ever I managed without them.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Is it a spike? It looks to be more of a meteor smash. It has plenty of DI time anyway.

Farore's Spike? I wasn't aware that the attack could spike now. Does her Dtilt still spike?

Tmnt1837

Smash Cadet
Is it a spike? It looks to be more of a meteor smash. It has plenty of DI time anyway.

Farore's Spike? I wasn't aware that the attack could spike now. Does her Dtilt still spike?
It is a meteor i have a video of dedede using his up b and getting hit by the attack but still getting back on stage. I was practicing the timing when it happened. And yes her Dtilt still spikes but i preffer dair spike to dtilt spike. Sweet spotting it isn't as hard once you get the timing and the dtilt unless you hit it perfect just pops them up giving them a chance to hit you since your sitting right on the edge.

EDIT:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpDrTMQYBHM thats me getting meteor canceled by the computer when i was figuring out the sweet spot.

Iris

Smash Ace
It is a meteor i have a video of dedede using his up b and getting hit by the attack but still getting back on stage. I was practicing the timing when it happened. And yes her Dtilt still spikes but i preffer dair spike to dtilt spike. Sweet spotting it isn't as hard once you get the timing and the dtilt unless you hit it perfect just pops them up giving them a chance to hit you since your sitting right on the edge.

EDIT:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpDrTMQYBHM thats me getting meteor canceled by the computer when i was figuring out the sweet spot.
Are you sure that it wasn't just super armor on Dedede's up B? Seems like a move that would have it and you sweetspotted while he was going up.

Tmnt1837

Smash Cadet
Are you sure that it wasn't just super armor on Dedede's up B? Seems like a move that would have it and you sweetspotted while he was going up.

I didn't know that ddd had super armor on his up b so that might have been it. I will try it out with other characters to see.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i'm pretty sure DDD's Up-B is one of those things you can't knock them out of, because from the second attempt, you can see it's definitely a spike.

Top Bottom