• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zenith! 9/29 SSB64 Tournament CONFIRMED!!! BRING SETUPS!

Sensei

Smash Lord

Original Thread

Feel free to put it in your sigs!

Venue info

The famous web2zone

54 Cooper Square
between 4th & 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10003
212 614 7300
www.web2zone.com

This will have melee also but I'm only posting the ssb64 info.

Date: Saturday Sept 29, 2007
Time: 10-11am registration will be going on around this time and the tournament will probably start around 11am

Entry fee: $10 - $15? Most likely will be 10 but bring 15 just in case.

Smash 64

Tournament Rules

* Double Elimination
* All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
* 5 stock, 10 min Time limit
* Team Attack On
* No excessively STALLING a match! If caught doing so, you will be asked to stopped with a warning. If you continue to do so, you will forfeit the match.
* Ties broken by lives/percentage
* Items OFF

Stages/Characters:

Stages available: Peach's Castle, Hyrule Temple, Saffron City, Dreamland and Congo Jungle.
If a player plays Ness, he may demand a repick if Saffron City is selected as a random stage, however if the opponent is the loser he has the right it counter-pick Saffron City.
All other stages banned
First round stage is random unless players can agree upon a stage
Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go to random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
Double Blind may be called in the first match

You are responsible to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER.
You can buy a brand new first party controller here (http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs...encyPreference) or you can try and find a new or used controller at your local game stores or Ebay.

Sensei

Smash Lord
Not sure about that. Melee and SSB64 events will be running at the same time. I'm assuming registration starts around when the W2Z opens which is 9 am on Saturday. And the tournmanet will start around noon. The venue closes at midnight but I have seen them run tournaments after that. Hopefully that won't happen. It would be a good idea to help bring n64 setups with smash so the tournament will finish sooner. I hope some of the NJ regulars come to this event and represent NJ lol. Who knows, maybe we can have a NJ vs NY crew battle LOL. So step up and come by!

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Not sure about that. Melee and SSB64 events will be running at the same time. I'm assuming registration starts around when the W2Z opens which is 9 am on Saturday. And the tournmanet will start around noon. The venue closes at midnight but I have seen them run tournaments after that. Hopefully that won't happen. It would be a good idea to help bring n64 setups with smash so the tournament will finish sooner. I hope some of the NJ regulars come to this event and represent NJ lol. Who knows, maybe we can have a NJ vs NY crew battle LOL. So step up and come by!
Im using the sig even though im not going since u didnt answer meh question :'(

valoem

Smash Journeyman
bump
also sticky maybe?

sensei can you post on facebook and myspace about this cause nyc smashfest hopefully can bring a **** load

Wonsang

Smash Rookie
Wow, I used to go to web2zone all the time for 3S tournaments...didn't think they'd have one for SSB64.

CyrusTheGreat

Smash Cadet
Hey

Is this still going on? I live in Manhattan for school so I will definitely come and bring some friends mostly for 64 though but I have a friend who says hes really good at melee.

cam`

Smash Apprentice
i live literally two blocks downtown of w2z and have played there often but i'm at school. :(

Sensei

Smash Lord
It turns out there might not be a ssb64 event at zenith. Don't make any definite plans yet if you're only planning on attending the ssb64 event. I will try to convince them to keep it.

Sensei

Smash Lord
This is CONFIRMED! Sorry for the worries but rest assured, the SSB64 tournament will go on!
Cyrus, that would be great if you could rally some NYU smashers. The entry will probably be $10-$15. Please bring setups if you can! TVs, n64s, smash etc..

PikashoX

Smash Apprentice
dammit.. i just saw this thread now LOL.. oh well.. whens the next nj/ny tournament?

Top Bottom