• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Banned from Tounament Play!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommanderGrit

Smash Apprentice
Now that the smash balls have been confirmed to be able to be turned off via Item switch, their is no doubt that most pro tourneys will ban them.

This creates a problem for potential ZSS mains because, as of now, the only know way to play as her is via final smash!

What a tragic loss. :(

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Actually, IF you can turn into ZSS before the match begins, it'd be a perfect way for people to stay her if they don't have items on either, as they can't use the Final Smash to turn back. Or vice versa, at that.
They'd have to make a different battle entrance for her if you can actually do this.

CommanderGrit

Smash Apprentice
Actually, IF you can turn into ZSS before the match begins, it'd be a perfect way for people to stay her if they don't have items on either, as they can't use the Final Smash to turn back. Or vice versa, at that.
They'd have to make a different battle entrance for her if you can actually do this.
yeah, but at E for All there was no way to do this, so lets hope they added it in!

:034:

Smash Hero
Actually, I think Zero Suit will be a seperate character. All the evidence points to it so far.

1. A seperate character page, UNLIKE the Pokémon Trainer who is three characters but one person on the select screen. This supports that ZSS will be seperated.
  2. It doesn't say on the DOJO!! "Zero Suit Samus is ONLY playable through Final Smash!", it says you BECOME Zero Suit Samus after using Samus' FS. ZSS' FS = changing back into normal Samus. So Samus is only playable through Final Smash!
  3. She wasn't usable in the E4All Demo. Well - it's a DEMO. Stuff changes. And look - "Snake wasn't in the Demo! So he's NOT in Brawl!" Not the same thing, but you get my point.

That's what I think anyway. Not to mention that it would be a waste of a whole character.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Actually, I think Zero Suit will be a seperate character. All the evidence points to it so far.

1. A seperate character page, UNLIKE the Pokémon Trainer who is three characters but one person on the select screen. This supports that ZSS will be seperated.
  2. It doesn't say on the DOJO!! "Zero Suit Samus is ONLY playable through Final Smash!", it says you BECOME Zero Suit Samus after using Samus' FS. ZSS' FS = changing back into normal Samus. So Samus is only playable through Final Smash!
  3. She wasn't usable in the E4All Demo. Well - it's a DEMO. Stuff changes. And look - "Snake wasn't in the Demo! So he's NOT in Brawl!" Not the same thing, but you get my point.

That's what I think anyway. Not to mention that it would be a waste of a whole character.
Win. Good to see a Zamus for separate character supporter.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
wow...people still believe that ZSS is going to take up a seperate spot on the roster? that goes beyond wishful thinking into "just plain dense" territory.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Now that the smash balls have been confirmed to be able to be turned off via Item switch, their is no doubt that most pro tourneys will ban them.

This creates a problem for potential ZSS mains because, as of now, the only know way to play as her is via final smash!

What a tragic loss. :(
Hopefully, we get to select her as a seperate character, or just as there's a Sheik code on Melee, there might be a Zero Suit Samus code on Brawl.

So don't count her out of tourney play just yet. :cool:

Shade

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I dont think Smashballs will be banned. It seems to be that flamable crates and barrles, are now labeled which may lead to them being deselectable in item switch, at which point tournament players could just turn on smash balls, and be done with it.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Hooray for jumping to conclusions. Yosher and gannondofr4ever have both said what needs to be said here. I'm confident there will be a way to play Zamus, either through Smash Ball, or through some other means pre-match.

Crescendolls

Smash Cadet
I don't see how comparing Samus/Zero suit to Zelda/Sheik makes a good argument. Yes, they are "alter egos" but their transformations are completely different. Zelda turns into Sheik at will with magic. Samus turns into her zero suit after the zero laser makes her suit inoperable.
They are two different things.
Having Zero suit separate is hopeful thinking, but I don't think that is how it'll work out that way. It's like all those Sora 4 brawl!! fans.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I don't see how comparing Samus/Zero suit to Zelda/Sheik makes a good argument. Yes, they are "alter egos" but their transformations are completely different. Zelda turns into Sheik at will with magic. Samus turns into her zero suit after the zero laser makes her suit inoperable.
They are two different things.
Having Zero suit separate is hopeful thinking, but I don't think that is how it'll work out that way. It's like all those Sora 4 brawl!! fans.
Actually, having a "Zamus match start" configuration because of the ability to turn off Smash Balls would be just like the "Shiek match start" in Melee which you could argue was to allow Shiek to be used in Single-Button mode...

Or has everyone forgotten Single-Button mode and what it normally means for Shiek? ;)

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I dunno what people who actually played Brawl said about her... but one of the demo guys made sound as though she was really really good... so maybe she's a little too good... kinda like a giga bowser but not as uber... (but I guess changing back would be useless)...

just an idea...

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
Zamus aint getting a seperate spot,
Can you change your costume before hand to turn into her?
Now that is debatable
-Especially since once Zamus Dies, she Stays as Zamus until she gets a smashball and turns back into Samus

W.Jr

Smash Lord
Well hopefully you can selected zamus with the rest of the character, plz they don't make her like Zelda and change into another character

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
they could just have a code like with shiek and her entrance would be the same except her suit falls of right away and she whips out her gun real quick so in my opinion no problem also did anyone at e4all attempt to do this if not theres hope

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
If anyone played metroid prime 3 they know she can transform back and forth but in the case of the zero laser it damaged her suit beyond comparison so the sheik code would be perfect since she can Transform naturally. Zelda and samus cant be compared because zelda has actual powers and samus is a super warrior. Zamus cant or coudnt turn back into the varia suit because she had it damaged by the zero laser and cant make the suit without a crystal flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom