• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
Can Zamus infinite Squirtle in a way similar to Yoshi infiniting Wario? If so, does she have a finisher?
yeah, just buffer a regrab after forced air release.

you can buffer dash regrab too, so you can take them to the edge of the stage and fthrow, should work at 200... ish.

sasook

Smash Champion
No one should be living to those percents against ZSS anyway :laugh:

Unless it's SFP vs my Link =P

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Against certain heavy characters it is quite possible for them to live that long. King Dedede in particular is very nasty that way can might live to ridiculous percentages if you find your attacks stale.

Then again, uair wouldn't work well against Dedede. :p

doesn't f-throw kill earlier, or better yet grab release u-air.
Or rar/pivot bair.

Unless it's SFP vs my Link =P
Or norad vs. ROB.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
the infinite on squirtle is just buffered on release.

the infinite on wario is freaking tough, you have to wait for certain cues (I think his hand goes behind his head or something) and then regrab with perfect timing (within 4 frames or something).

these are pummel infinites by the way, only grab, pummel, release, repeat

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
400%? Unless your Bair, side B and Uair were ALL stale, that shouldn't have been happening. Actually, even when stale I think that side B and Bair could kill below that...

noradseven

Smash Lord
400%? Unless your Bair, side B and Uair were ALL stale, that shouldn't have been happening. Actually, even when stale I think that side B and Bair could kill below that...
U-air on jungle have you played jungle, like ever, and of course it was stale, my b-air was stale too, and yeah I eventually killed him by hitting a b-air, he was playing defensive and side Bs really don't hit ppl that much. Plus he DIed up, and camped center I mean I was p. frusterated to lose doing almost 1k and him doing only like 480%.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I need some help on CPing/banning.

The characters I'm looking to counter are Kirby, Fox, Pika, GaW, PT, IC and ROB.
I'd like 2 CPs and 1 ban.

These are my options:

Starter:
Final destination
Smashville
Battlefield

Counterpick:
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Thanks in advance.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Yes, I have played on Jungle Japes before. I know it's harder to kill there, but 400% still seems a bit high.

And perhaps I'm doing it wrong, but I always keep Bair fresh. I never even think about using it until my opponent reaches 120%.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I need some help on CPing/banning.

The characters I'm looking to counter are Kirby, Fox, Pika, GaW, PT, IC and ROB.
I'd like 2 CPs and 1 ban.

These are my options:

Starter:
Final destination
Smashville
Battlefield

Counterpick:
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Thanks in advance.
Kirby:
*Ban jungle(high cieling = bad)
*CP him on BF, or some other stage with a low cieling becareful on cruise up-toss ganks early.

Fox:
*Im not really sure what to ban here, he doesn't really have a particular stage he owns you on, ban a stage you hate.
*CP him on rainbow/norfair/brinstar

Pika:
*I would probably ban smashville here
*CP pick a small stage, that has lots and LOTS of platforms

ROB:
*ban FD
*CP with nofair/cruise

Zero

Smash Hero
PT: CP - Rainbow Cruise (you can't punish switches though due to Zero Switch), Brinstar
Ban: Smashville I guess lol

@MT: You should use it when the situation calls for it. Especially against taller characters, your bair becomes a very viable and effected OoS option which can lead into pseudo WOPs. Bair is your best pressure tool, funnily enough, but it's also your main killing move, so mix it in with the rest of your moveset and it should be fresh by kill percentage.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Thanks norad, I assume you aren't experienced enough on the other characters to give information.

I was wondering though, wouldn't banning japes be the best against fox? Or else brinstar/FD, because of the ceiling/allowance for camping. (respectively)
On ROB, wouldn't it be better to not CP cruise? I think ROB has quite an advantage there.

Just wanting some explanation, not doubting your intelligence ;)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Sorry for the double post.

I was wondering if the air release chaingrab on pika is legit, seeing as my grabs come to late to get pika before his jump.

Any light shed on the subject would be helpful.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Thanks norad, I assume you aren't experienced enough on the other characters to give information.

I was wondering though, wouldn't banning japes be the best against fox? Or else brinstar/FD, because of the ceiling/allowance for camping. (respectively)
On ROB, wouldn't it be better to not CP cruise? I think ROB has quite an advantage there.

To an extent, it varies depending on how you play the character. Obviously, in extreme cases there are certain stages you should always ban (e.g. always ban FD against Falco), but otherwise, just pick whichever stage you feel comfortable on.

Zero

Smash Hero
Sorry for the double post.

I was wondering if the air release chaingrab on pika is legit, seeing as my grabs come to late to get pika before his jump.

Any light shed on the subject would be helpful.
You have to buffer the grab. 10 frames before the end of the move etc.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
We **** ROB on platform stages. ROB also hates small stages, cause less room to camp and it lowrs his survivability if the blasts are close.

IMO, if not norfair, brinstar has everything i said and the lava ***** his gyro (gets stuck), and after that BF or lylat

noradseven

Smash Lord

I haven't lost to rob on cruise, and lord karn in the area(#2 overall at NC) banned cruise when he fought me, this leads me to belive that cruise = good for ZSS.

The think is with fox its al personal preference, because realistally brinstar/FD/japes are all not good but none of them are particularlly bad either, like I would personally ban FD, because we like brinstar more than fox does, and fox isn't really all that good on japes, a solid b-air can take him out, and don't forget fox primarily kills up too haha.

Zero Hour

Smash Apprentice
I've been having issues with getting caught under the edge of stages like FD without my second jump. Usualy what happens is they just drop to the ledge and stay there and since i have no way to get them off the best possible scenario is i suicide kill them. Is there any way to stop them from ledge guarding me in that scenario or should i just focus more on not letting that happen... which I can probably do fairly easy, but i would like to be able to recover low.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I've been having issues with getting caught under the edge of stages like FD without my second jump. Usualy what happens is they just drop to the ledge and stay there and since i have no way to get them off the best possible scenario is i suicide kill them. Is there any way to stop them from ledge guarding me in that scenario or should i just focus more on not letting that happen... which I can probably do fairly easy, but i would like to be able to recover low.
down B head hap after boost jump, it normally works.

PepsiMista

Smash Apprentice
What i do is I tap the control stick to the walland mash the Jump button (X in my case) and she does a Wall cling jump (very short) and you can Upair if he edge hogges then you recover with UpB.

AINT EYE RITE?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
What i do is I tap the control stick to the walland mash the Jump button (X in my case) and she does a Wall cling jump (very short) and you can Upair if he edge hogges then you recover with UpB.

AINT EYE RITE?
Îf I´m understanding what you´re talking about, you don´t need to use the jump button. Just tap towards the wall then away when you´re next to it and she´ll do the wall jump.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm having trouble keeping rob in the air, mainly because of his falling speed combined with his airdodge. Getting him in the air isn't all that easy too considering his lengthy tilts, great spotdodge and irritating dsmash (especially combined with the previous stated). I can't get past his ground game, I can't get past his camp game and his air game is evasive.

What to do?

PepsiMista

Smash Apprentice
Îf I´m understanding what you´re talking about, you don´t need to use the jump button. Just tap towards the wall then away when you´re next to it and she´ll do the wall jump.
this, but I'd rather use the jump button.

Nefarious' posts from Peru are classic. "I couldn't find the I key!" ;D
this made me lol
I'm having trouble keeping rob in the air, mainly because of his falling speed combined with his airdodge.
Up Air

noradseven

Smash Lord
I'm having trouble keeping rob in the air, mainly because of his falling speed combined with his airdodge. Getting him in the air isn't all that easy too considering his lengthy tilts, great spotdodge and irritating dsmash (especially combined with the previous stated). I can't get past his ground game, I can't get past his camp game and his air game is evasive.

What to do?
I personally find this match a bit tricker than some of my breathern here, probably because lord karn has a p. sick rob, but ohh well. Its still our favor though even without the infinite but expect to lose his CP, also ban FD

b-air man, b-air is your answer to everything in this match, also you can clash with his spin projectile with first hit of over B, and rob can't punish a retreating over B(except with laser).

Once in the air, rob airdodge shouldn't be a problem, the main problem I had was the ackward timing of his moves due to lack of matchup exp. Seriously get below him fast fall u-airs, if he keeps dodging ohh well, land before him u-tilt lol its unblockable because he is landing, relaunch restart. Also problems with d-smash wtf, what move gets in that close(except n-air,but that has enough block stun to escape), you should be spacing rob with b-airs all day, aka watch daz lol.

FUNKLAB

Smash Cadet
Just to make sure out of curiousity, which one of ZSS' aerials comes out in the shortest amount of frames? I would guess Nair, right?

Top Bottom