• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Tier Placement in June

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
What are your thoughts on ZSS's placement in the next tier list?

And I seem to make too much of these <.<.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Yea they dont base tier lists on how good a character is, they base it on how well the character does at tourneys. ZSS was middle tier on the last tier list because not many people were doing well at tourneys with during the time. Hopefully she will rise seeing as there are a few more rising people using her. but we still need more. There's only like 7 ZSS players that place well at tourneys from what I've seen. if we can raise that number than ZSS would definitely become higher. So basically I believe that ZSS is a high tier in disguise just waiting to come out of hiding.

WE WANT YOU!
The ZSS mainers of America, To be the best that you can be as ZSS and make her the new character people complain about!:chuckle:

FK1

Smash Journeyman
I do very well in tournaments; I'd like to think I'm doing my part to help out ZSS's rankings. How does one report these things? Or is it the responsibility of the organizer to show the rankings?

PillowPants

Smash Apprentice
Yea ZSS' spaceing and, "comboing" is sick, but she needs moar ppl to rep her, i doubt she'l rise very far (if at all) but i dont think she'l drop notches on the list tho

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I do very well in tournaments; I'd like to think I'm doing my part to help out ZSS's rankings. How does one report these things? Or is it the responsibility of the organizer to show the rankings?
We have a tournament rankings thread stickied- as long as you got a link to the results thread you can post it there.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
ZSS has show pontential to be high tier, but mostly ZSS mainers will deal with alot of MK,Game and watch,Falco, and Diddy Kong are gonna be the biggest threats so far. As soon as i get a job and get paid,i want to train with Snakeee and many more ZSS players to see if if we can learn something of each other to make us better we must stop the bleeding! and Give ZSS the spot that she deserves.

NeoZero

Smash Apprentice
Yea they dont base tier lists on how good a character is, they base it on how well the character does at tourneys. ZSS was middle tier on the last tier list because not many people were doing well at tourneys with during the time. Hopefully she will rise seeing as there are a few more rising people using her. but we still need more. There's only like 7 ZSS players that place well at tourneys from what I've seen. if we can raise that number than ZSS would definitely become higher. So basically I believe that ZSS is a high tier in disguise just waiting to come out of hiding.

WE WANT YOU!
The ZSS mainers of America, To be the best that you can be as ZSS and make her the new character people complain about!:chuckle:
You know, I find this to be discriminating countries other then America.

I agree with Pillow; Zss might go up a few ranks on the list, but I think that she'll stay roughly around where she is.

Although I hope I'm wrong and that we end up higher on the list :D

Also, Rock... who's bleeding? Why is that person bleeding? There's no reason for anyone to be bleeding.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I think ZSS is better than Olimar or Lucario overall. I also think she's about as good as G&W. With that said, we don't really have enough people playing ZSS yet for that to show on the tier list unless the SBR has really taken notice (which I would guess they have at least in some small way).

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
I think ZSS is better than Olimar or Lucario overall. I also think she's about as good as G&W. With that said, we don't really have enough people playing ZSS yet for that to show on the tier list unless the SBR has really taken notice (which I would guess they have at least in some small way).
Sorry but Mr.G&W is broken i don't think they consider him good because hes greater then ZSS in very spammable ways and he has so much Strength.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
You know, I find this to be discriminating countries other then America.
bleeding.
Doesn't every country have it's own tier list?

Sorry but Mr.G&W is broken i don't think they consider him good because hes greater then ZSS in very spammable ways and he has so much Strength.
Meh, once you played one GnW, you played them all. He's not what you would call versatile imo. For some reason I think GnW is gonna lower by some amount compared to other characters since people are learning to fight him better.

Kaitou Ace

Smash Apprentice
Meh, once you played one GnW, you played them all. He's not what you would call versatile imo. For some reason I think GnW is gonna lower by some amount compared to other characters since people are learning to fight him better.
While I don't like to stereotype, I find that to be pretty true. GnW players know what works, know what doesn't work, and have acknowledged that they have to bair and nair, dthrow to dsmash their way to victory. After figuring this out, people know how to tackle GnW now.

It seems as if that GnW's playstyle consists of huge disparities between moves. That which works the best is used constantly, everything else is ignored. We just need to understand how to outmaneuver him and get around his priority.

Snakeee

Smash Master
ZSS has show pontential to be high tier, but mostly ZSS mainers will deal with alot of MK,Game and watch,Falco, and Diddy Kong are gonna be the biggest threats so far. As soon as i get a job and get paid,i want to train with Snakeee and many more ZSS players to see if if we can learn something of each other to make us better we must stop the bleeding! and Give ZSS the spot that she deserves.
Good stuff, but ZSS beats G&W by a pretty decent margin.

And I think ZSS should be at the very top of mid tier. But for where I think they will put her, I think she'll be slightly above the very middle.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
The only real weakness of ZSS I see is her slow grab speed which means that she cant shieldgrab like other characters, and I guess the lag altogether.

EDIT: Like I know peach is top tier in Europe. And I THINK ZSS is top tier in Japan.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
We should just use Ankoku's list, it's pretty accurate anyways and it doesn't piss people off.
The only reason this doesn't work is because there is not equal representation in all the characters. If every character had equal amounts of representation and there was no gap in people that use them, that would work...but sadly there are more popular characters.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The only reason this doesn't work is because there is not equal representation in all the characters. If every character had equal amounts of representation and there was no gap in people that use them, that would work...but sadly there are more popular characters.
Ankoku's list is actually quite accurate for the first two or three tiers, and a little bit below that, because a tier list is actually not just a representation of how viable characters are, but how much they are driving change in the metagame. If you have more people playing a character, you'll have more people changing their metagame to accommodate that character, so that character's influence on the metagame warrants some rep in the tier list.

The issue with Ankoku's list is that it's dependent on submission, and some character boards are more zealous than others in reporting high placements with their characters, so those characters get a little overrepresented.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Ankoku's list is actually quite accurate for the first two or three tiers, and a little bit below that, because a tier list is actually not just a representation of how viable characters are, but how much they are driving change in the metagame. If you have more people playing a character, you'll have more people changing their metagame to accommodate that character, so that character's influence on the metagame warrants some rep in the tier list.

The issue with Ankoku's list is that it's dependent on submission, and some character boards are more zealous than others in reporting high placements with their characters, so those characters get a little overrepresented.
This

And besides- how many people report their placing in a tourney unless its half-decent? No one will report- "Kuenzel, 94/95"
Its not perfect. But I suppose it will never be.

noradseven

Smash Lord
ZSS is midish/high tier, I thought she had potential to be top, but after playing the game she has to many things limiting us from doing all the stuff theory craft says we can.

G&W I expect to drop to high tier, I am actually surprised snake is still #2 I thought rob would of passed him up by now.

ZSS really doesn't have too many counter picks, I find falco to be my personal worst, the other commonly used high characters arn't to big of a problem, as long as you know there gimmicks and are patient.

As far as what people will rate her I would say mid tier, and after this the tier list SHOULD be solid, 1 year is normally enough time to get an accurate reading and unless someone finds something insane with some low tier character that's probably not going to happen.

Some characters placement surprise me such as why Zelda is so high, and Sheik still so low,

The only real weakness of ZSS I see is her slow grab speed which means that she cant shieldgrab like other characters, and I guess the lag altogether.

EDIT: Like I know peach is top tier in Europe. And I THINK ZSS is top tier in Japan.
Its because japan is for some reason really offensive in smash despite there usual pandering of defense and if you play too aggressively against ZSS you get dominated.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
wow Japanese snake ditto very fascinating and funny. Well i will say im a very good ZSS player, i have not learned everything there is to most of are troublesome match ups(IMO MK, Diddy, G&W, and the bird) i know i can counter pick characters and stages against them but i always want to get better as a ZSS player first. I just wish there was a better way to play people other then online and tourneys :/ i don't get the full experience as everyone else. I just have a cousin who picks Randomly and is mostly a pretty good player, but one person is not enough to broaden my experiences. When i went to the tourney at polytek i was a bit nervous but i did what i could with my new partner and got 5th place i think i did pretty well and so did my partner i hope to get better as i play more people.(Funny story i did not sleep the day before that tourney lolz)

And the Snake ditto was pretty boring any snake that does that to a ZSS will lose even though ZSS grab is slow you just have to know how to play mind games(well trick your opponent alot if mind games does not qualify) every snake player can be kept honest with the right moves to the point that they get angry and lose there cool.

Top Bottom