• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus tips?

OGreatHippo

Smash Rookie
After giving her a go I've decided to main her simply because she's really fun to play, is extremely agile and can do decent damage. Also she looks great.

The problem I have with her is how she has very little smash potential, very few of her attacks can earn her a kill mainly her up+b or charged side+a, charged up+a and the most difficult one to pull off her down+b. She's also extremely reliant on combos which can be difficult to pull off if you can't guess where the enemy will be when you pull off an attack and if you miss you seem to be open for an attack for a second, and this is where another one of my problems comes in, I don't really know much about her combos, I just tend to abuse the grab ability and throw them up then up+b/charged up+a if not I'll guess where they'll land and use my charged side+a. I only really use her down+b when I'm near an edge and someone is coming towards me. Also I guess her side+b has good smash potential too but I've never managed to kill someone with it unless they're right on an edge and over 100%.

What do you guys think of her and do you have any tips?

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Moved thread to the ZSS board so you can get help directly from fellow ZSS players.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
ZSS has several KO options but nearly all of them require a setup. It's good to supplement your standard KO moves with aggressive off-stage play and gimping recoveries. bAir, zAir, Flip Jump, Plasma Whip, are all good ways of preventing recoveries to KO people early on.

I keep hearing people having trouble landing Flip Jumps. I don't understand the problem since it's pretty consistent for me.

M1nion

Smash Rookie
Learn the Flip Jumps. By far one of the most effective way (for me) to land a KO. Some people tend to forget or they get close the edge while I'm falling and do a Flip and send them flying.

Top Bottom