• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus's Final Smash: Will She Return to Her Suited Self or not In the Next Release?

Henry Kage

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0190-0138-2247
Hey guys. I was wondering if the Project M team will keep ZSS's Final Smash without changing her back to her suited self in the next release. I understand that they are originally one character, since ZZS is usually only playable after Samus uses the Zero Laser or you press up and down taunt 5 times very fast, but after you released her as a separate character, I honestly think it's a great thing you allowed ZSS to use her Final Smash and not change her back to her suited self, as it allows people to keep their preferences for playing as either Samus individually.

I also wanted to know if Suited Samus will be in the next release of the amazing Project M mod and if Samus were to use her Zero Laser Final Smash, will that make her lose the suit? I personally think like you did with Zero Suit Samus, you should let normal Samus keep the suit, but after she fires it, you can make it stun her a bit since it required so much energy, maybe the same animation that she does when reverting to ZSS in the original Brawl or something? Just wondering what you plan to do. And will normal Samus be better in Project M, cause in Melee, she was really good, yet in Brawl they nerfed her horribly and pushed some people away from playing as Samus. Anyone else feel free to give your opinions on this too. Thanks :)

OrlyMelee

Smash Cadet
I would like to see a similar command to transform back to samus, but with no hitbox or damage to the opponent.
Give Zss an entirely new final smash, and samus wont transform to Zss after using Zero laser.
A new animation change for samus to transform back to Zss, so it doesn't seem like she actually breaks the suit off.

Henry Kage

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0190-0138-2247
Perhaps. That could work, but what would the command be?
What would be her new Final Smash? A lot of people, including my friends like her final smash without her being able to change back to her form, which can make people scared especially at the fact that ZSS can close in and suck her enemies in, then blast them away

OrlyMelee

Smash Cadet
Similar command as samus's transform taunt.
As final smash, i was thinking about crystal flash, which seems Zss's orginal final smash is based off.
Only requires a few animation, and gfx edits, and probably the ability to heal her damage.
As far as the orginal final smash's damage and knockback goes, i'd say, let it stay.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
*Puts on PMBR hat*
Most likely, when Samus is released, ZSS's final smash will be restored to its original function. I've debated removing the switch mechanic from them, but I think it's too unique of an aspect not to keep intact.

*Takes off PMBR hat*
I would like to make taunt switching go backwards from ZSS->Samus as well, but I haven't figured out quite how to do it the same way yet. Once I do, it still needs to be discussed internally.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I don't really see the point of actually removing the switching mechanic from the FSes. PM is supposed to be balanced for tournament play, and since FSes are only really going to be seen in casual matches, there's not really a debate to be had. They don't detract, and they're a part of the character. There's not really a reason to change it.

Also, I think it'd be cool if ZSS's FS more closely resembled Crystal Flash. Like, have the transformation actually create a bright light that expands to the whole screen, and which does unblockable electric damage to everyone on the screen. Although, as with the switch mechanic on FSes, it's really not within the purview of PM's stated goals.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
I think the switching mechanic should remain intact, it is unique to their character and it makes sense considering the implications of their final smash.
Switching isn't looked upon favourably in tournament play, some people even have a problem with sheik/zelda; plus there is no way to implicate a switch without it looking unnatural.

But then again, I shouldn't underestimate the PMBR. If switching is assigned to a taunt, then it might be a good idea to restrict it to one per stock.

Top Bottom