• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero To Death Presents: The 2015 ZTD Spring Circuit

ZeroToDeath

Smash Rookie

Circuit Opener (½ points)
May 7th - ZTD PROLOGUE - Kentwood, MI

Circuit Events (Links will be added as Events are Finalized)
March 14th - Grand Traverse Smash 4 - Traverse City, MI
April 4th - Battlefront Games Monthly - Kentwood, MI
April 18th - Kiss4stocked - Trenton, MI
May 2nd - Era of Hope - Holland, MI
May 16th - Battlefront Games Monthly - Kentwood, MI
May 30th - MANOR Presents: (TBA) - Coopersville, MI

Circuit Finale (x2 Points)
June 27th - TBA

Rules
Rules are up to the discretion of any events TOs. We aren't here to stifle creativity and adaptation.

Payouts
[collapse=<24 Entrants]
60% – First
30% – Second
10% – Third[/collapse]
[collapse=24-31 Entrants]
50% – First
25% – Second
15% – Third
10% – Fourth[/collapse]
[collapse=32-63 Entrants]
48% – First
24% – Second
12% – Third
8% – Fourth
4% – Fifth (x2)[/collapse]
[collapse=<64 Entrants]
45% – First
22% – Second
10% – Third
8% – Fourth
5% – Fifth (x2)
2.5% – Seventh x2[/collapse]

Circuit pot cut and pricing
Singles is $10 or more per game.
Doubles is $10 a team or more per game.

How do we make our circuit championship hype? By putting forth an awesome bonus! There will be a Circuit fee of 10% per entry per game at each event that would go towards the pot bonus for the respective game at the championship. This is drawn out of all pots - doubles, singles, and side events.

Singles Circuit Payouts
~#1 - 40%
~#2 - 25%
~#3 - 15%
~#4 - 10%
~#5 - 6%
~#6 - 3%
~#7 - 1%

Doubles Circuit Payouts
We are not enforcing static partners. At the end of the event, the top two scoring doubles individuals will be bracketed off and split their bracket % of money earned. Odd % of ties will be given an averaged payout from lower placed earnings. In the event of an odd numbered tie, a BO1 Round Robin on a random starter will commence to determine placing at the event.

~#1/#2 ~Split 36%
~#3/#4 ~Split 29%
~#5/#6 ~ Split 20%
~#7/#8 ~ Split 15%

TO COLLECT DOUBLES CIRCUIT PAYOUTS, A PLAYER MUST BE PRESENT FOR

A. The championship event and a minimum of 3 circuit events
or
B. Have attended all events but the championship.

Circuit Point System
1st - 60 pts.
2nd - 40 pts
3rd - 30 pts
4th - 20 pts
5th - 16 pts
7th - 12 pts
9th - 6 pts
13th - 2 pts

Points are added from your Top 4 placements at Circuit Events.
[collapse=A Friendly Example]
If someone enters all six events and places 3rd, 7th, 4th, 7th, 5th, and 13th, then they will have received 88 points for the event, from 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 7th. The other 7th and 13th placements will be tossed out. This is to promote a sense of balance between events as some will not be able to attend all the tournaments. However, the Season Opener and Season Finale are not traditional events, and instead can be considered bonus points. If someone places 1st at the Opener and, for ease of argument, places in the same fashion as the above example, they instead have 118 points, as the opener has ½ points. The Finale boasts double points, and adds on to the player’s score, so if that same player came in First at the Finale, they earn 120 points on top of their 118, ending the season with a solid 238 points.
[/collapse]

If this format looks at all familiar, you obviously love Smash.

Last edited:

Jayhawker

Smash Apprentice
Well I can probably only go to the battlefront ones, but I suck so it doesn't even matter :p maybe I'll actually be able to compete in one of these in... about a year or so. That'd be great.

Also I think you mean March 7 for the opener, not May 7

lain

Smash Master
HYPEEEEEEE

also, 5% may just be too small of a percentage to take out, but eh could be fine. I think in the past, midwest circuits would take 10-15% from each events. just something to maybe consider

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Bo5 set would happen in case of ties. 3-way ties are resolved with a Bo3 RR. Same with anything more.

I probably will take 10% out, with consideration to the past events in Michigan.

ZTD Prologue is tomorrow. Well, today. I need some sleep.

Top Bottom