• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Rizen

Smash Legend
(Edit: Everyone posted at once!)
Not to mention how taxing it is on a woman's body to give birth- once or many times, and the population bomb.

Back on track, gay orientation is overly discussed, in my opinion. Two people in bed (legal age etc), so to speak, should not have to defend their actions to the world.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
what are you talking about? this is very, very far from accurate.
no it is not. The Church states that sex is not to be used for recreational purposes (i.e. fun). It can be fun while being used for procreative purposes, but they do not support non procreative sex in any form (i.e. w/ condom)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha did you even read the rest of my post?

anyway, yes, you are right about those statements. there are other ways to show physical love, though. the ultimate way just happens to also be procreative. it's a different perspective from the rest of the world to embrace the procreative part of intercourse and never remove it from the meaning of sex.

thank you for correcting yourself. the popes never said that sex should not be fun. they said that it should be fun, AND it should be done in the fullness of marriage and procreation.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
haha did you even read the rest of my post?

anyway, yes, you are right about those statements. there are other ways to show physical love, though. the ultimate way just happens to also be procreative. it's a different perspective from the rest of the world to embrace the procreative part of intercourse and never remove it from the meaning of sex.

thank you for correcting yourself. the popes never said that sex should not be fun. they said that it should be fun, AND it should be done in the fullness of marriage and procreation.
well I did read the whole post, I just took offense to the "you couldn't be more wrong" part when what I said wasn't the least bit untrue (perhaps only poorly phrased)

In any case, I disagree with only one portion of your response now and it is this:

the ultimate way just happens to also be procreative.

I don't know who decided the "ultimate" expression of love was sex becauce, believe me, I have NEVER found that to be the case.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
This thread is so lulz.

Ultimate expression of love = carrying a family together = you gotta have sex to get there, which is what the point of sex should be.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Umm. Wow o_____o.

All I have to say is I'll **** guys, have fun doing it, and you guys can do what you want :o I'm agnostic so this stuff doesn't really pretain to me.

@Scary: Awesome job dude :D!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
It was a Play N trade tourney so free entry.

I won $50 in store credit. The thing is, we used BBR ruleset and so many good players. Even the Tantalus was randomly down there lol. I think there were 58 entrants.

:phone:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Umm. Wow o_____o.

All I have to say is I'll **** guys, have fun doing it, and you guys can do what you want :o I'm agnostic so this stuff doesn't really pretain to me.

AWWWWW YEAH!!!
More agnostic people!! :D

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
yeah. it's just unfortunate that the sexual instinct is the strongest driving force in our bodies. the whole thing is kinda hard for me to swallow
I think you'll find the strongest driving force is the will to stay alive. ;) Sexual instinct is probably second place, mind.

But MnT if you cant chose to be gay then there will never be a cure for it. you can't cure homosexual desire for sex w/ the same sex, since its basically the same thing as heterosexual desire for the opposite sex.
Please don't crush my dream, even if it is ludicrously unlikely. :urg:

I'm aware that 'cure' has severe negative connotations - it just seemed like the most appropriate phrase to use, instead of 'remove' or 'eradicate' or whatever. But anyway, since that isn't going to happen, not having sex with guys will have to do instead (but then, I haven't had any offers yet, so that's fine :)).

I don't think I'll ask what I missed.

I won a tourney Sunday. Details soon in the tourney thread.

Well done. :)

Umm. Wow o_____o.

Well, as long as you're legal, that's your prerogative.

Just remember that you can never donate blood afterwards. :urg:

AWWWWW YEAH!!!
More agnostic people!! :D
Everyone's a litte bit agnostic - but the extent to which they're prepared to admit it varies massively.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
This thread is so lulz.

Ultimate expression of love = carrying a family together = you gotta have sex to get there, which is what the point of sex should be.
Well, yes, I suppose causing your love to manifest as a new human life IS the ultimate expression of love . . . but when most people have sex (even Christians) that's not what the plan is. And even when that is the plan, it's not the act that is the expression of love, it's the decision and the actual raising of the child(ren)

Everyone's a litte bit agnostic - but the extent to which they're prepared to admit it varies massively.
Arguably, the best Christians MUST be at least agnostic in the sense that they need to admit that there are things that they do not know and things they need to question in order to come to a deeper understanding.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
If I knew this discussion was happening before I would have been in alot more.

I'm a christian, first off.

Sex is the ultimate ACT of ερος (Eros) which is one of the 5 Greek words for love.
This one protrains to erotic love.
Love between man and woman.
Looking at big levels of a relationship:
first time you hold hands.
Putting your arm around the girl.
Kissing the girl.
Having sex.

Sex is the closest one. You see eachother in your natural state, and perform acts God designed our bodies to have. It's the most personal, and the closest.
This is why we should save it for mariage.

I believe you can't be in-love until your ready to say "if you had a nervous breakdown and fell and became paralized right now, and for the rest of your life I had to take care of you, and it's now impossible to have sex, I'll still marry and care for you."

wowzerz.
I will not tell a girl I love her till I can truely say that.

As far as "all Christians ar agnostic" goes, I wouldn't say that.
There's things we CANT know sure.
We can only know about God what He has allowed us to know.
I only know God is loving, powerful, sovriegn, all-knowing, and omnipresent because He allows me to know such.

He has a master plan which my puny human mind can NOT, and never will be able to understand.
But because of personal expierence with Him, and what I believe about Him, I don't have to know.
I believe His plan is better and I just have to accept that.

/namesearch vermanibus

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Please don't crush my dream, even if it is ludicrously unlikely. :urg:

I'm aware that 'cure' has severe negative connotations - it just seemed like the most appropriate phrase to use, instead of 'remove' or 'eradicate' or whatever. But anyway, since that isn't going to happen, not having sex with guys will have to do instead (but then, I haven't had any offers yet, so that's fine :)).
MnT.... gay,bi,monkey, w/e; you should be proud of who you are and try to accept it as part of you. speaking of any "cure" makes it seem like theres something wrong w/ people who arent straight when really its not, thats what i believe.

also:

MnT.....are you afraid of sex? some of what you recently posted has reminded me of a friend of mine who my other friend says is gay, but afraid of sex. do i need to come help you out in that area? :bee:

Edit: MnT how old are you again? i think your way outside of my 4+/-. i bet your illegal to me now.

Well, as long as you're legal, that's your prerogative.

Just remember that you can never donate blood afterwards. :urg:
which sadly is so stupid.

this is the dumbest thing in the world. if your dying and need a blood transfusion to live the last thing your asking is "is this homo blood your giving me?" they can test if blood has diseases in it or not. i read a story about a guy who couldnt donate blood just cause he "looked gay". straight =/= immune to STI and HIV, hospitals need to get over it :glare:

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
MnT.... gay,bi,monkey, w/e; you should be proud of who you are and try to accept it as part of you. speaking of any "cure" makes it seem like theres something wrong w/ people who arent straight when really its not, thats what i believe.
Proud is the wrong word. Why be proud of something you don't have a choice over? Accepting, certainly.

And strictly speaking, there is sort of a 'cure' for homosexuality, in the same way there's a cure for any illness - suicide. But then I'm not really that desperate just yet...

I'm not saying that someone who's gay is deficient because of it, but wouldn't it be amazing if, say, there was a pill you could take that made you not gay? Of course, it'd probably be prohibitively expensive...

MnT.....are you afraid of sex? some of what you recently posted has reminded me of a friend of mine who my other friend says is gay, but afraid of sex. do i need to come help you out in that area? :bee:
I'm not even sure how that sort of phobia would work! But no, I'm definitely not afraid of sex. I just severely dislike the idea of having sex with someone of the same gender.

I very much want a boyfriend some day. It'd just have to be someone who's prepared to not have any sex with me.

Heh, I'm saying all of this now, yet by age 25 I'll have probably throw all that out of the window and have had about 10 different boyfriends.

Edit: MnT how old are you again? i think your way outside of my 4+/-. i bet your illegal to me now.
As of slightly less than a month ago, 18. But age isn't that big a deal to me - the age range of people I've lusted over spans from my age up until about 50.

which sadly is so stupid.

this is the dumbest thing in the world. if your dying and need a blood transfusion to live the last thing your asking is "is this homo blood your giving me?" they can test if blood has diseases in it or not. i read a story about a guy who couldnt donate blood just cause he "looked gay". straight =/= immune to STI and HIV, hospitals need to get over it :glare:
I think it's something to do with not being 100% accurate when they test for STIs, so they exclude people men who've had sex with men (regardless of orientation) to reduce the risk.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
sorry for leaving this thread unattended.

there's a lot of complicated subjects being discussed and all at once. I thought the convo last page was handled quite well - I know these boards treat issues like this with a bit more class so I don't mind seeing discussion about it develop. saying this... I can see things progressing into more stubborn territory now what with the last 2 posts above mine. opinions will reach a standstill and for what? take it to the debate hall. No more discussion on the issue of homosexuality being right or wrong plz.

How is everyone????

edit: to keep everything a bit more social and lite, i edited recent posts (the above 2 posts actually) because it's going into discussion that's more suited for the debate hall!

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
sorry for leaving this thread unattended.

How is everyone????
Im alright, i have a back ache for what i deem no reason. im also broke, but schools starting soon which means refund check to the rescue :bee:

Kata where have you been, we missed you

As of slightly less than a month ago, 18. But age isn't that big a deal to me - the age range of people I've lusted over spans from my age up until about 50.
Happy Belated birthday! did you get any new freedoms being 18?

one can lust over lots of things lol

im 23, you are illegal to me as you are outside of my 4+/- range lol

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
hai :chuckle:

i've been over at dgames playing a lot of mafia >_> also I got a new job role you see and I started it really recently. it's so hard to manage time and stuff at home but I'm getting there :grin:

edit: happy berf-day mountain... what did you do for it??

edit2: btw guys... I am really quite sad that amy winehouse is dead!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i'm good, kataefi :)

though i don't know if i'll ever get back into the game of brawl!!!

shoutouts to UMvC3

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
i was wondering when she died why wasnt Kata around to post about it. funny thing is your one of the first people that came to mind when i heard she died.

what kind of job role did you get?
^I was gutted! I was sad when MJ died but for some reason this was a little closer to home (she never lived too far from me. I once went to the same pub she goes to. she wasn't in there :mad:)

my job is in sales atm. i have to sweet-talk everyone. it's was a bit hectic but it's cool now.

i'm good, kataefi :)

though i don't know if i'll ever get back into the game of brawl!!!

shoutouts to UMvC3
^hai :awesome: I hope shuma gorath is amazing in it. i heard he's bottom tier or something >_>

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha idk. he is in it but he's just underused. he has a great assist that literally lasers the whole screen

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Happy Belated birthday! did you get any new freedoms being 18?
Yep. Among other things, I can now buy alcohol (lol @ you Americans who have to wait until 21), legally smoke (not that I intend to - I can't stand the smell!), legally look up blue movies (already did that! :bee:) And rattling all this off I've just realised that I haven't bought a single 18-rated DVD yet! ;) Oh, and I might actually have a chance of finding a job now. Seriously, there are so many jobs that seem to want applicants aged 18+.

Seriously though, I'm more like 13-14 in terms of maturity, and noting my appearance, I could probably pretend I was that age and claim that I had an early growth spurt. :bee:

one can lust over lots of things lol
Indeed.

im 23, you are illegal to me as you are outside of my 4+/- range lol
That's a stupid rule. Though, as previously said, I do look kind of underage anyway...

Oh, and one last thing. You're 23, and you're still at college/university? I'm majorly angsting about results right now. Note - the next time I post after 18th August, I'll either be ludicrously hungover due to celebrating getting into university, or stressed to the point of lunacy due to the agony of Clearing.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Proud is the wrong word. Why be proud of something you don't have a choice over? Accepting, certainly.
People can be proud to be italian or proud to be black, for example. Being proud of being gay is much the same. And it's not about being proud of something you have no control over, it's about embracing the fact that you're a homosexual as part of who you are rather than being ashamed of it.

And strictly speaking, there is sort of a 'cure' for homosexuality, in the same way there's a cure for any illness - suicide. But then I'm not really that desperate just yet...
That is not, strictly speaking, a cure for any disease by any definition . . . unless that disease is "living"

I'm not saying that someone who's gay is deficient because of it, but wouldn't it be amazing if, say, there was a pill you could take that made you not gay? Of course, it'd probably be prohibitively expensive...
No.... no it wouldn't. God made me this way, it'd be like spitting in his face to say "your plan for me isn't good enough, I want to be different because being gay is inconvenient and "hard." Why don't I also take the pill that makes me tan, muscular and gorgeous without really trying?

I'm not even sure how that sort of phobia would work! But no, I'm definitely not afraid of sex. I just severely dislike the idea of having sex with someone of the same gender.

I very much want a boyfriend some day. It'd just have to be someone who's prepared to not have any sex with me.

Heh, I'm saying all of this now, yet by age 25 I'll have probably throw all that out of the window and have had about 10 different boyfriends.
You are young and, frankly, afraid and ashamed of your sexuality--based on your responses, at least--so that viewpoint is to be expected. The point is, the way you talk about gay sex being such a bad thing was, and is, offensive to those of us who don't believe so. Even when I was intensely set on the virtue of virginity, I didn't look down my nose at those who didn't share my beliefs, it comes off as haughty, hateful and naïve

I think it's something to do with not being 100% accurate when they test for STIs, so they exclude people men who've had sex with men (regardless of orientation) to reduce the risk.
Not really. The test is pretty much 100% accurate and any INNACURACIES actually stem from false POSITIVES rather than false negatives. And it's not like there are more gays with HIV than straights, just a higher percentage within the population and, even so, it's tremendously offensive to suggest that being gay = high HIV risk. The reason homo blood is refused is, honestly stupidity and prejudice by the uninformed masses. Even if statistics aren't on their side, there is no shortage of ignorant individuals who think that gay blood is regularly tainted with the hiv. :glare:

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
People can be proud to be italian or proud to be black, for example. Being proud of being gay is much the same. And it's not about being proud of something you have no control over, it's about embracing the fact that you're a homosexual as part of who you are rather than being ashamed of it.
I guess. I don't really see the point in being proud of nationality or race either, but then that's just a personal thing, I guess...

Why don't I also take the pill that makes me tan, muscular and gorgeous without really trying?
Well, they have spray tans on sale nowadays. And steroids. And make-up. :bee:

You are young and, frankly, afraid and ashamed of your sexuality--based on your responses, at least--so that viewpoint is to be expected. The point is, the way you talk about gay sex being such a bad thing was, and is, offensive to those of us who don't believe so. Even when I was intensely set on the virtue of virginity, I didn't look down my nose at those who didn't share my beliefs, it comes off as haughty, hateful and naïve
I'm not looking down at anyone. I just figured that if I never do that, it's much easier to 'pretend' to myself that I'm actually straight, thus making me feel better about myself. :)

At any rate, two guys being in a sexual relationship is preferable to both of them going off and marrying women they don't love as a cover-up - that's just cowardice tbh.

Not really. The test is pretty much 100% accurate and any INNACURACIES actually stem from false POSITIVES rather than false negatives. And it's not like there are more gays with HIV than straights, just a higher percentage within the population and, even so, it's tremendously offensive to suggest that being gay = high HIV risk. The reason homo blood is refused is, honestly stupidity and prejudice by the uninformed masses. Even if statistics aren't on their side, there is no shortage of ignorant individuals who think that gay blood is regularly tainted with the hiv. :glare:
I don't agree with the rule either. I was just suggesting a possible reason why it's in place.

If they must having that ruling, can't it be a time-limited thing? Five years or so after having sex with a guy once, would it not be somewhat obvious whether or not you had an STI?

Oh, and it's also worth noting that this only applies to gay men. Lesbians can donate blood all they want.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I guess. I don't really see the point in being proud of nationality or race either, but then that's just a personal thing, I guess...
as I said, it's not about being "proud" by the traditional definition, it's more about loving who you are and not being ashamed. So it's pride as in the oppoiste of shame, if you understand that.

Well, they have spray tans on sale nowadays. And steroids. And make-up. :bee:
Still, how much would you judge parents who took those pills while a fetus was in the gestation period just to have a "better" kid. (as far as they perceive at least)

I'm not looking down at anyone. I just figured that if I never do that, it's much easier to 'pretend' to myself that I'm actually straight, thus making me feel better about myself. :)
I could reccomend informative texts for assistance because, realistically, this IS something you're going to have to live with, so I'd like to be helpful.

If they must having that ruling, can't it be a time-limited thing? Five years or so after having sex with a guy once, would it not be somewhat obvious whether or not you had an STI?
Gay OR straight, I'd be more concerned about permiscuous activity than orientation. I.E. monogomous homosexuals are way less scary than loose heterosexuals.

Oh, and it's also worth noting that this only applies to gay men. Lesbians can donate blood all they want.
it's because anal sex is 100x more likely to transfer hiv from an HIV+ individual to and HIV- individual than heterosexual vaginal intorcourse . . . and lesbian frottage is even less so than even that. Graphic? A touch, but informative nonetheless.

Takumi

Smash Cadet
Ooh, a social thread. Maybe I'll spend more than a minute on these boards if I hang around to talk to people.

Hi! I mained Peach when I had Melee many years ago. Now I main Zelda.

*is ready to get run over by someone* orz

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i love peach in brawl because

her movement in melee is very similar, so transitioning back and forth is not that hard

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
After all that religious debating stuff a pony break doesnt feel so bad....

That's a stupid rule. Though, as previously said, I do look kind of underage anyway...
it seems silly but....

Its more like a rule i set in place so i wouldnt look seriously for relationships that could reach into another generation i cant relate to. sometimes i have a hard enough time relating to people only 2 years older or younger than me, let alone more than that.

Oh, and one last thing. You're 23, and you're still at college/university? I'm majorly angsting about results right now. Note - the next time I post after 18th August, I'll either be ludicrously hungover due to celebrating getting into university, or stressed to the point of lunacy due to the agony of Clearing.
im still here because i switched majors my second year in and basically had to start from scratch, otherwise i would/should have graduated in may or last december. don't stress until you get there MnT, but then again idk how hard universities are over there.....
Ooh, a social thread. Maybe I'll spend more than a minute on these boards if I hang around to talk to people.

Hi! I mained Peach when I had Melee many years ago. Now I main Zelda.

*is ready to get run over by someone* orz
welcome! we hope you enjoy your stay!

Top Bottom