• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I would imagine your guide would look something like this...

SideB to force approaches.

Move yellow stick when they approach.

Dtilt and Dtaunt OoS.

Profit?
You know me too well.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
The index thread looks very good Kat! However, you might want to add that the team discussion thread has just started so that people won´t be mistaken about the amount of information currently found in there.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Thanks everyone! And yeah half-split I'll put down that your thread has just started!

Bandit

Smash Lord
Been away a little while, my power adapter for my laptop nearly blew up my computer. It was surging like mad, so I was without a laptop the past few days.

Glad to welcome Overclassed! Awesome job on passing along the nightly builds link. I would have but the first paragraph johns explain it all.

FYI: I have not updated the useful links in a long time, but it is something I can handle. I'll try to put some of the newer threads in there tonight.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yeah red my aim is to tidy up some of the stickies. I de-stickied S2's guide because it was outdated and replaced it with that other one.

But if we're going to combine this community thread with the useful links one, then I think you need to have some kind of 'Read this First' statement in the title so people know your thread is 100% the first stop to go. And I also think the useful links could go in the first OP, followed by everything else in the 2nd and 3rd OPs. You could combine the regional and tournaments section perhaps to allow one of the 3 OPs free space for the useful links. What do you think?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Alright... 2 things!

1) Who wants to run the video thread? Marsulas has vanished, and the thread needs updating. Let me know if you want to take over.

2) Who wants to run the wifi friend finder thread and keep it updated? Again, Villi seems to have vanished =(, so yeah it needs someone to look after it.

Let me know by posting here or PMing me!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I'll volunteer to run the video thread. If nobody wants to run the friend finder I'll do that to, but for now the video thread.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Done! You're the owner of it now DM so hope you can help me out and get it all going great.

I'll wait a bit for the wifi thread and if no one wants to do it then I'll make you the OP of that also.

And yeah I had to pick a random old post of yours older than Marsulas' OP post so excuse the randomness of it!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Alright if you could look for me in the xat chat or something so we can go over what you would like me to do that would be good.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Okay so Bandit's been a bit busy recently and requests that this thread may also need a new OP creator. This thread is a very good social gathering and welcoming of new players, so keep that in mind to whoever wants to take this over!

It's simply a first come first serve basis =D So whoever posts from here wanting either:

a) the wifi friend finder (DM has expressed interest in this one)
b) the community centre

then they will belong to you :)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I kinda want to help lol
But no one here knows me, and I'm lazy :p

*Ponders*

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
You've just volunteered yourself ;)

Take your pick...

Edit:: but please please be committed (that's all I'm asking >.<)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
lmao

What will I be doing exactly? Like what kind of updates will I have to make and stuff
Just things? Cause I guess I can do that xD

Hold on, let me go look at my two options :p

EDIT: Oh ****, this Community Centre has a lot more than I thought.
So I'll gladly do the Wifi friend Finder :)
lol

God, I've really become lazy during this past year....

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yeah basically, the two threads left really don't have much to update at all. You'll just own one and make sure they all run smoothly :)

As the owner you'll also be able to edit the OP, so can spice it up or tone it down as much as you'd like.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
If Samusbrawler opted from ownership of this threat I can take it, although the timing couldn´t be any worse. I´m super busy till Wednesday and in July starts my obligatory month without internet aka summer holiday.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Okay cool.

Wait a sec... I see where this is going! Soon every threat we have will be led by DM, right? I knew it...
10 jk:s

VSion

Smash Cadet
I'd like to add my info, if its not too late:

Name: VSion; Tag: Sion
I'm a casual player, but I'm trying to get into more tournies
Color: Red
Alts: I don't play Sheik. I just play random when I'm not Zelda

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
DSX's Smash Tournament--Play N' Trade--May 24th

3rd out of 13.

I went Zelda the matches I win first as Peach so I could play it safe. Peach and Zelda were used a good equal about of times. Lil more for Peach for matches I lost first with, which was about...1. I can't handle DDD with her, its Hard.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
The Pride of Brawl (MK Banned) May 23rd
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234947

I got 13th out of 36 in singles, and 5th out of 8 in teams. I know I could've done so much better, but I had major stuff told to me before the tourney started, so I was playing with a heavy heart the whole time.

I ended up losing to Abscent (Diddy)
I just cannot play Diddy as Zelda, can someone please help me with that matchup? (Vids?)
Lost to Emo_Wolf (G&W)
I went mostly Sheik since it's G&W and all. I did use Zelda in spots.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I'd like to avoid double posting since no one has posted in the community center in a while.

I went to another FL tourney, and I'll have results soon. Sadly I got hammered into the ground in singles, completely bracket *****. Nowhere but up from here. Someone post in here so I can avoid double posts for going to tourneys lol. Thread to be posted soon.

As far as who I lost to:

Singles
Lost to Seibrik (MK/Snake) 2-0
#1 player in FL, fought well but too many mistakes to seal the deal.
Lost to Darktemplio (TL) 2-0
I've never seen so much crap on the screen at once. Amazing TL, went to Sheik for added mobility since Zelda was getting tagged. It wasn't too bad but I lack the TL experience.

Doubles
Lost to Afro Thundah/M.V.D (Double Snake) 2-0
And more things go Boom. So many explosions!
Lost to GDX/HCBSpike (G&W/Pit) 2-1
Pit just sat back and spammed, completely didn't see that coming lol. Should have won this set.

At least in doubles me and Monk won some sets but singles was ugly.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
ScaryLB, did you see/play a player who goes by Gallax there? He's a Pika/Snake main.... I think that's the same tournament he went to. :)

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Scary it's alright =D You can double post with tourney results.

And well done as well.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I'll work on the opening page when I get back from Summer School.

SBHMXI
DarkMusician Zelda/Dark Zelda 5th place
SniperWorm Zelda/Sheik 5th place

Microbe

Smash Rookie
Hi there, I have been lurking in the Zelda board for some time and would like to add myself here if that is okay? I would love to get involved, but I am just a casual player and will not be too useful when it comes to discussing match-ups, frame data, tournament viability and so on (Mr. Eh would tear me to shreds ;)). I guess I am mostly here to make friends and to learn absolutely everything I possibly can in order to improve.

Smash Name: Avalanchian (AVALA).
Where I live/play: UK (York and Bucks).
Tournaments: I have never played in a tournament. I would like to though if there are any in England, if only to find out how bad I really am!
Regular Opponents: 3 friends I play when I can sometimes who play Samus (Niai), Luigi (Koenig) and Pikachu (Fragsta).
Team mates: Just the people above, against the people above, sometimes.
Colour: Green usually.
Sheik?: Definitely! I see Zelda and Sheik as the same character really and transform when the situation calls for it.
Secondaries: I play Link, Toon Link, Olimar and Pit as secondaries. I also play Samus, Ice Climbers, Mr. G&W and anyone else I happen to feel like playing at the time.

I hope to get to know the people here better and I appologise in advance for all n00bish questions I happen to ask.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Hi there, I have been lurking in the Zelda board for some time and would like to add myself here if that is okay? I would love to get involved, but I am just a casual player and will not be too useful when it comes to discussing match-ups, frame data, tournament viability and so on (Mr. Eh would tear me to shreds ;)). I guess I am mostly here to make friends and to learn absolutely everything I possibly can in order to improve.
Hey there, it's always okay for new players to be added (I wonder if there's an actual list somewhere with everyone's profile or are they just lost in the endless posts in this thread, lol).

Don't worry about MrEh, he's just the Zelda board's lovable troll. Besides, there are other ways to contribute if you don't feel qualified (although you shouldn't feel like you can't voice your opinion). For example, asking thought-provoking questions can help us to see things in a different way and open up new possibilities about how to approach matchups or utilize moves.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I can't remember if I posted my info or not, but, uh, yeah, add me to the list. I guess technically I'm a "tournament Zelda," but I haven't placed with her yet, and I've really only used her in two tournies so far...... :urg: I'll get on that, lol.

Microbe

Smash Rookie
Hey there, it's always okay for new players to be added (I wonder if there's an actual list somewhere with everyone's profile or are they just lost in the endless posts in this thread, lol).

Don't worry about MrEh, he's just the Zelda board's lovable troll. Besides, there are other ways to contribute if you don't feel qualified (although you shouldn't feel like you can't voice your opinion). For example, asking thought-provoking questions can help us to see things in a different way and open up new possibilities about how to approach matchups or utilize moves.
Hmm.. Maybe I should develop a duck's back so that the water of Mr. Eh's trolling can run off it ;).

Oh, and thank you for your help/advice Sniperworm :).

sniperworm

Smash Ace
I can't remember if I posted my info or not, but, uh, yeah, add me to the list.
I searched the thread for you and you did indeed.

I wanna join the community.... =O

* Your Smash Name: KayLo!
* Where you live: Philadelphia, PA
* Tournaments you play in normally: Umm, used to be DSO Biweeklies, but those aren't going on lately. I went to CoT4, though, and I'm planning on going to Brawl Til You Fall, WHOBO, and Apex.
* 3 players you normally play with and the characters they play: I've been MIA from IRL tournies lately, but.... Ussi (Ike/Pikachu), Phillyrider807 (Diddy/Peach), and TUSM (DDD/Snake). I play a lot more people on wifi, but I'm assuming wifi doesn't count.
* Teammates you have had and the characters they played: Ussi (Ike), Mister_E (Pikachu/G&W)
* Color costume you use: Green
* If you use Sheik and what your secondaries are: No Sheik for me. My main is Pikachu, and my other secondaries are Snake & Yoshi.

Also, when I get back from dinner, I'll have some frame data updates. Yummy. :lick:
You were added as an honorary member (see OP), but perhaps it's time you were just added as a Zelda.

I guess technically I'm a "tournament Zelda," but I haven't placed with her yet, and I've really only used her in two tournies so far...... :urg: I'll get on that, lol.
I don't remember there being a "placing well with Zelda" requirement to be counted as a tournament Zelda, lol.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
You were added as an honorary member (see OP), but perhaps it's time you were just added as a Zelda.
Oh, wow, I.... completely missed that, lol. And it's in cyan, too...... x.x

I don't remember there being a "placing well with Zelda" requirement to be counted as a tournament Zelda, lol.
Hooray, I count! Hehe.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235951

3rd out of 11 in teams. (Teamed with Peachkid)

7th out of 26 singles.

Are these still being updated? I thought I posted another tournament a while back that never got put up, which is a shame since I think I did well!
Okay guys, listen up (hopefully I'm not overstepping my authority here).

From what I understand, Bobby has taken over this thread, however, due to a long period of inactivity, it'll take a lot of effort to update this thread (and let's face facts, it's not fair for one person to have to shoulder the entire burden, especially since this is a community thread). Therefore, if you see that you have missing tournament placings and you want it up, repost them or PM DarkMusician so he doesn't have to search the whole thread looking for everyone's tournament placings. In fact, if you see any of your information missing in the first three posts, be sure to mention that as well.

When posting tournament placings (both now and in the future), provide a link to the tournament if possible and be sure to include the name of the tournament, the date, and how you did ("your placing" out of "however many people"). It's a lot of work to maintain threads, so let's help him out so he doesn't have to do a lot of unnecessary searching.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
ScaryLB, did you see/play a player who goes by Gallax there? He's a Pika/Snake main.... I think that's the same tournament he went to. :)
Yea, I think I had to play him in teams at some point. I'm not sure though.

Scary it's alright =D You can double post with tourney results.

And well done as well.
Thanks man, I got wrecked in the recent one so I'm looking forward to posting full results lol.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Ok I've been updating the thread all day. Alot of things in the first post will be started over like the region list and since it was never really started I wanted to make an actual profile list using the following information.

• Your Smash Name
  • Region you play in (State or City is optional depending on where you are)
  • Tournament or Casual
  • Former teammates and the characters they used
  • Color costume you use (choose the one you use most often)
  • If you use Sheik and what your tournament secondaries are

It'll be put in alphabetical order in the first post and you'll be added in the region list.

If you wish you may send me results and Profile info via PM so that it's easier for me to keep track of.

Edit: I'll be going back through the pages as far as I think necessary and try to find profiles and results that were missed.

Thank you for your patience.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
* Your Smash Name - GreyFox (FoG86)
* Region you play in - Southwest (Texas)
* Tournament or Casual - Tournament (Teams and Singles Ditto)
* Former teammates and the characters they used - JUJ (Dreamland Cast)
* Color costume you use - Green/Purple
* Do you use Sheik - No
* What your tournament secondaries are - Sonic (Singles Main), MK (Sexy White), Snake, Flaco.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
  • Smash Name: Jigglyzelda003(JigZ3)
  • Region: midwest (Ohio)
  • mostly casual player
  • Teammates: N/A : /
  • Color: Red Zelda/Shiek
  • other secondaries: Peach(green) , JP(blu hat), Fox(green), Lucas(red),Ness(green)

travel issues limit me from going to alot of tourneys. D:

lil cj

Smash Lord
Smash Name: Lil CJ
Region: Midwest(Kentucky)
Tournament or casual: Both, mostly casual
Teammates: Spec(Pikachu/Snake), Light(Diddy/Falco), J-Kip(Sonic)
Color: Pink/Green
Sheik: Yes
Other characters I use: Lucas(red/purple), ZSS(green/black), and Snake(Leopard camo)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Samusbrawler (DTP)
Tournament Player: 1st tourney will be this month
Teammates: None yet
Color: Green
Sheik: Yes
Main: Peach
Secondaries: Sheik/Zelda, Jigglypuff, Luigi

Top Bottom