• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Pika social won't ****ing shut up about HG/SS. So I'm taking refuge here.

I mean, I know we main a pokemon, and I like the game as much as the next person, but I don't need a daily update on your team and which trainers you've beaten and where you're at. Geezus.

/mini-rant :mad:

@GreyFox: I expect some first-rate Zelda results from you at WHOBO!

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
OMG Shedgy!!!!!!!

where have you been?

@KayLo!
i feel like im actually playing pokemon,since it takes me a week to get one badge lol

I hope Gfox gets good results w/ princess lasers as well.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
@KLO: I'll try my best.

@JZ: Will do buddy. :)

@Bandit: We are no longer friends...

@MrEh: I'm looking for the time to get all the Gym Leader's numbers so I can finally train and get good experience. @_@

MrEh

Smash Hero
Best way of training is to hatch eggs in a completely different game, trade them over, and plow through the Elite 4.
Get a Lucky Egg too. (or just trade one over, since they're ridiculously easy to get in Diamond and Pearl)

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
@KLO: I'll try my best.

@JZ: Will do buddy. :)

@Bandit: We are no longer friends...

@MrEh: I'm looking for the time to get all the Gym Leader's numbers so I can finally train and get good experience. @_@
i feel so behind since i just got my second badge yesterday and i've had the game since release. and after a week everyone else has already beaten the elite 4 and such, and i beat bugsy cause of lucky mareeps sacrificed paralyze...lol

but to not make KayLo! facepalm from running from one pokeworld to the next. lets add a subject:

when applying for a job if the only one you had was seasonal should you mention it or not when applying?

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Best way of training is to hatch eggs in a completely different game, trade them over, and plow through the Elite 4.
Get a Lucky Egg too. (or just trade one over, since they're ridiculously easy to get in Diamond and Pearl)
That is also true. I may trade over a Shinx so I can make it a Luxray and wreck Reds *** with him. :D

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
i feel so behind since i just got my second badge yesterday and i've had the game since release. and after a week everyone else has already beaten the elite 4 and such, and i beat bugsy cause of lucky mareeps sacrificed paralyze...lol

but to not make KayLo! facepalm from running from one pokeworld to the next. lets add a subject:

when applying for a job if the only one you had was seasonal should you mention it or not when applying?
Lol, don't be ridiculous Pokemon needs to be talked about anywhere at anytime. We turned the entire Austin, TX thread into a Pokemon chat social. :D

Sorry for the Double Post.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
So...how ya'll doing in Pokemon?
you just did that to incite KayLo! didn't you?

LoL

And I'm ashamed to admit I haven't started my SS game yet :(

My therepeutics module on the cardiovascular system is just too intense right now, though I plan on getting a lot of time in on it over break

DoonKoon

Smash Journeyman

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
@Eh - I am storming through case 5 and its wicked. Also case 4 twist was really good but even better was what followed. woooooow!

edit400321: I promised to update profiles didn't I? I'll get to that. I just read my profile and the gaga and crocker pics are disturbing me. If it looks messy it's probably because I'm moving stuff about.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Pika social stopped with the poke-talk anyway, and I just skipped past it here, lol. Unlike the Pika forum..... I'm not obligated to read every Zelda post. =P

Anyways: I think I might use Zelda for Lucario. Having range and being able to kill decently early is nice. ;; So y'all should give me tips for the MU so I can be even better at it.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Just a quick thought before I go to bed.

This match-up vs Lucario is not easy and is in Lucario's favor. I can speak about it more, but I really need some rest.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah, I figured it was in his favor, but it doesn't feel terrible. Definitely manageable as long as you don't try anything stupid.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Not gonna lie, I kind of enjoy it, lol. At least in friendlies -- haven't done the MU in a serious set.

A well-timed Naryu's on an attempted Aura Sphere edgeguard...... feels so good.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Somehow, Lucario's floatiness and bad recovery gives him problems against Zelda particulary.
Her virtually no airgame can be shown against him. =P

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
i think the zelda v. lucario is extremely stupid tbh..

come on.....easily one of the campiest character in the game against the one character that gets destroyed by campers is lolz

Bandit

Smash Lord
His dair > Zelda Usmash
His fsmash > Zelda fsmash
His aura sphere > Zelda dins (if fully charged, otherwise dins clanks with it)
Zelda dtilt > His aura sphere (not sure about fully charged or 100%+)
Zelda naryu's > His jab jab side b string
His roll > Brawl (seriously, I haven't met a Lucario who doesn't roll a ton)

His fsmash is spammable because of how safe it is, and he will camp aura balls on you. If he plays aggressive, it's Zelda's game to lose. Shield can be your best friend and don't get greedy with naryu's. OoS dtilt traps will be useful and it is important to powershield his fsmash if you want to punish him for using it.

Yes, he gets more powerful as he gets damaged, but do not start going for kills to avoid this. Zelda will get destroyed if she gets aggressive in this matchup. Lucario's tools are far superior. Bide your time and make him make the mistake.

As far as stages, I would want Lucario to be as close to me as possible. Dtilt then plays a major factor, and he will have problems running away spamming aura balls. I prefer Brinstar as my CP in vBrawl (I'm a little weird but I love this stage for Zelda). The stage is small, there's obstacles in the way of his aura balls, many different levels, and the lava constantly interrupts any camping that may be going on. Plus, if you can dtilt trap him in the rocks that get destroyed, you could set him up for a spike or gimp.

I honestly can't think of any other stages that would be legal. Halberd and Delfino are hit or miss (but I think favor Lucario), Lylat is just meh...

Castle Siege might work. First part of the stage can really work in Zelda's favor. 2nd part you can stay behind the statues as long as they survive, 3rd part of the stage will favor him.

I'd stay away from neutrals.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Why Can't I give Bandit's post a thumbs up?

we need that option.

Only thing is.... when do you see an agressive lucario?

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Vs Lucario approach with caution and patience. Bait his moves both on the ground and in the air. When you get him in the air delay your jump or jump and fast fall to double jump to punish if he tries to challenge you with down air. It happens fast so you gotta be thinking faster. Catch on to his defensive reflexes and punish when the time is right. Getting the first kill and maintaining a lead is also very beneficial with his weaker knock back at low percent.

When can we expect profiles to be updated?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Look at all the colours

@DM: Very soon! i.e now! I'll redo the entire OP

<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RNgyVliUM3c&hl=en_GB&autoplay=1&loop=1&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RNgyVliUM3c&hl=en_GB&autoplay=1&loop=1&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

MrEh

Smash Hero
If you Lucario gets a stock lead on you, then you either have to play extremely well or just give up.

Lucario with a lead can lead into big disgusting damage.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Just throwing out there that you can outspeed Lucario's fsmash on reaction if you're good at spotting the animation. It has really low cooldown, but if you thought Zelda's was slow on startup..... lolol. Doesn't come out til frame 21. Just can't be scurred.

Other than that, I dunno, I'm doing a lot better with Zelda than with Pika. Maybe it's just a weird playstyle thing, who knows. *shrug*

Top Bottom