• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zoroark for Smash 4: Deconfirmed... or is it an illusion?

Are you a Zoroark supporter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Oof, his illusion ability would have been pretty unique and interesting. Oh well, I'll still have lots of fun taking pics with him/her on the battlefield. Especially the N's Castle stage!

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
He really should have used illusion though, not shadow claw. I heard he is a masterball pokemon though. Should at least be powerful.
:160:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
He really should have used illusion though, not shadow claw. I heard he is a masterball pokemon though. Should at least be powerful.
:160:
It looked like Night Slash to me, but you could be right. I hope he comes out as a different Pokemon, then reveals himself with his attack. I doubt he'll be in a Master Ball though as he's not a legendary Pokemon.

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
It looked like Night Slash to me, but you could be right. I hope he comes out as a different Pokemon, then reveals himself with his attack. I doubt he'll be in a Master Ball though as he's not a legendary Pokemon.
Masterballs are for legendary and rare Pokemon too.
Also I thought night slash was Greninja's Final Smash?

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Better luck next time on SSB 6's pokemon series roster Zoroark. I was also under the impression that Greninja's FS was Night Slash according to fans naming it but not officially confirmed. I thought that image of his attack was Shadow Claw from the 3 claw marks. Anywho, sorry but thank you for Zoroark being the game officially as a pokeball summon. I can see him being a MasterBall summon this time around, yet Idk about Metagross being a Masterball or regular Pokeball, so that could affect my decision. They need Great / Ultra balls for this confusion.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh I see, nice that we finally got a proper closure on Zoroark. A shame it isn't playable but I guess he just suffered from bad timing again like his good pal Deoxys did before him. Like I said before I won't be supporting a gen 7 Pokemon next time as knowing Sakurai's opinion on Gamefreak and how difficult they are to work with. Hopefully they will save up whatever cool Pokemon they may have in store for gen 8 instead (or whatever the latest gen will be by the time the next Smash games roll around) so they could use that Pokemon for the next games instead.

Definitely wouldn't want to see it suffer the same fate as Deoxys and Zoroark this time. Oh well, at least I like Greninja enough on it's own right so I guess I'll be looking forward to play as him once the 3DS version drops to the west.

But anyway, it was a good run and Zoroark seems to be a cool looking Pokemon in the game.

Ah well, here's hoping Zoroark will at least become playable in that new Pokken Tournament game that got recently announced, he deserves that at least imo. :)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Zoroark is now in the same boat as Blazekin; two popular Pokemon that could have ended up in Smash as playable fighters, but the timing wasn't right for either of them.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Apparently. . .his attacks seen in this image here:
Is Fury Swipes. . . & here too. . .and here.

For an illusion pokemon like Zoroark, not even using his signature move Night Daze, or not even doing a Dark-esque type of attack out of his summon is just the pokeball, & not the Masterball.

For a pokemon like Zoroark, his inclusion as a summon is great, decent at best for the supporters who wanted this pokemon playable but he didn't get Masterball treatment. Idk if that's good or bad.:ohwell: Also for fury swipes, it looks amazing.:awesome:

Last edited:

Spirst

^

Masterball treatment is only for legendaries though, no? Zoroark is a popular 5th gen but he's no legendary. Shame though, he could've been an interesting character.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
^

Masterball treatment is only for legendaries though, no? Zoroark is a popular 5th gen but he's no legendary. Shame though, he could've been an interesting character.
To me Zoroark seemed like that pseudo-legendary really from how special they made him/her feel from his/her movie starring the pokemon like it's a big deal. He isn't legendary but he felt like something more than regular, shame.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Zoroark isn't a legendary, so there is no reason she would appear in Master Balls. Still, Fury Swipes? Come on, Zoroark had potential for something better.

That probably means Weavile isn't back, I suppose.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I dislike the pokeball move choice. I don't care if she's in a pokeball, but fury swipes? Really? She has a signature move and they go with fury swipes? She isn't even known for the move. At all. At least give her shadow claw or focus blast!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom