• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSamus not playable for tournaments?

NastyMcMean

Smash Apprentice
I know there has been like a million threads about ZSamus and being her own char. ect. But this thread is just about the consequence of not being able to play with her unless you get a smash ball. That is that she will not be playable in smashballess tournaments. (im in cpb english!!!)

Personal opinion, but i think there is nearly no chance of zsamus's down b to transform her because then what is the point of her second smash ball returning her armor. Yes the return of her armor does a little bit of damage, but its a useless final smash in that regard if its weak, and you can transform BACK AND FORTH<<<< there is a possibility that it could be a down b one shot deal :/

this is the first time i started a thread, open to criticism (AND I KNOW, I CANT SPELLLLL)

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
...is there still any belief that anything besides the final smash will transform her? I don't see how anyone could persist in that thought.

NastyMcMean

Smash Apprentice
well, i meant that she might have her own option as a character just from the start, it just bothers me a char. that would be high tier with so much range, and from the vids i saw, she also had power, could not be playable tourny.

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
I guess that's a possibility. I'd say it seems unlikely considering how tied she is to the actual act of transforming, but that applies both ways.

NastyMcMean

Smash Apprentice
sry for the double post but, it was already tried supposedly, pressing \/a, and \/b didnt work

hopefully sakurai is just trying to throw us off, now that i think about it, its more probable that he would change DOWN B to something new

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
This all really depends on whether capsules/boxes explode randomly. If they don't, then items will probably be allowed at least on a low level. That will put Final Smashes into the game.

Otherwise, I hope Sakurai provides alternate access as was done with Zelda and Sheik. You never know. ^_^

NastyMcMean

Smash Apprentice
yeah, i just mean, like if smash balls are disabled (which they will be for alot of tournaments) there has to be another way to because ZSamus, otherwise, no ZSamus for no items or variable tournaments :(

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
yeah, i just mean, like if smash balls are disabled (which they will be for alot of tournaments) there has to be another way to because ZSamus, otherwise, no ZSamus for no items or variable tournaments :(
We just have to wait and see. There is no way to know at this point. Maybe the final version will let you press some buttons to change Samus into ZSS at the character select screen. Considering that the DOJO announced ZSS as a completely separate character, I can't see her being locked down like that.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
...is there still any belief that anything besides the final smash will transform her? I don't see how anyone could persist in that thought.
I personally think that if the smashball can transform her, then why not do that thing where you can play as sheik in the beginning of a melee fight (Holding the a button down)

so when you choose samus, you hold down the a button and you start off as Zsamus.

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
This all really depends on whether capsules/boxes explode randomly. If they don't, then items will probably be allowed at least on a low level. That will put Final Smashes into the game.
Hm...a thought here - smash balls appear completely independently of capsules and boxes, right? I suspect they'll be toggled separately, so even if containers are still bound to item appearances, smash balls wouldn't be subject to "all items off".

(Wow, my first strongly worded prediction. I'm so proud. XD)

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Hm...a thought here - smash balls appear completely independently of capsules and boxes, right? I suspect they'll be toggled separately, so even if containers are still bound to item appearances, smash balls wouldn't be subject to "all items off".

(Wow, my first strongly worded prediction. I'm so proud. XD)
I think the smash ball does appear out of an item box, but I'm probably wrong

NastyMcMean

Smash Apprentice
in the fear thread my fear was that SB's couldnt be deactivated, but i am pretty sure they can. i am just qa pessimest (or however you spell it) and also the DOWN A has already been tried and didnt work, i remeber reading it, i think somewhere in gimpys thread, it could activate with another button though

well im out for the night.... probably..... welllllll........... keep my first thread alive!!!!!!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The smash ball can appear out of a crate or barrel. This doesn't mean there need to be crates and barrels.

Sakurai should know that items are banned in tournament play. I hope he takes that into account, and makes the smash balls appear independent of other items, or makes crates and barrels and option which can be turned off.

I'm fairly sure that the inability to immediately transform into Zamus was particular unto the demo, and not a part of the final product. Sakurai wouldn't make a character almost entirely unplayable if he put a lot of time into him/her.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
in the fear thread my fear was that SB's couldnt be deactivated, but i am pretty sure they can. i am just qa pessimest (or however you spell it) and also the DOWN A has already been tried and didnt work, i remeber reading it, i think somewhere in gimpys thread, it could activate with another button though

well im out for the night.... probably..... welllllll........... keep my first thread alive!!!!!!
Thats not what I meant.

Some people may have not known this but, if you held down the a button when choosing zelda, until the game starts, you would start off as sheik. I'm saying that it could be similar, because ZSamus' final smash turns her back into Samus.

NastyMcMean

Smash Apprentice
cool, i didnt know that, but i do agree entirely with the hackysacker, they wouldnt count out such an awesome character, i am sure she will become a big tourny char. if she is in

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Personally, I feel they should have made "Samus" Dark Samus and ZSamus just the Samus we all know and love. That would keep both characters seperate and be very cool, to boot. Though if it's true that Sakurai doesn't really like the Prime series, it's probably why Samus is set up the way she is. I wouldn't worry, though. I'm sure ZSamus is going to be her own character. As for Smash Balls...in watching a video they DID show the Smash Ball appearing on it's own. It was some dude showing how the game operates.

Alexandr

Smash Rookie
this is what I think it'll work like:
Samus and ZSS will be separate characters you cna choose form the start. This sounds credible specially after learning that ZSS's final smash makes her gain her suit back so it sound obsious. You choose Samus and can change to ZSS, you choose ZSS and can change to Samus.

Alexandr

Smash Rookie
you guys worry TOO much about being comeptitive and playing tournaments instead of just having fun. I often get the feeling people in this forums take this game too seriously.

WaterToFire

Smash Apprentice
you guys worry TOO much about being comeptitive and playing tournaments instead of just having fun. I often get the feeling people in this forums take this game too seriously.
The lack of having Zamus playable from the start interferes with my having fun. If I want to main Zamus but the only way to play her is to perform an FS with Samus, I'm kept from playing who I want to without any good reason at all.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Lighten up. The chance ZSamus won't be playable is nearly zero. She's been announced as a seperate character, so perhaps she'll be playable like that too, either by costume change or just a differen't character box. Otherwise there's always the chance you can be her by pressing a button combo when you start or when you do a certain special move.

There's no way Zero Suit Samus could have got that many attention in the Dojo if she was only avaible after the final smash. She and her special moves would've been announced together with Samus, instead of seperatly.

Crescendolls

Smash Cadet
I guess that will have to be a sacrifice Samus tournaments users are going to have to make. Samus is still a good character, though.

I honestly think that ZSS will only be operational with a final smash, and a down B will not turn her back/into either form. What would be the point of a FS and a down B that do the same function? The reason she becomes ZSS is because of the Zero Laser disables her amour, and Zero Laser can only be done with a FS.

gamer8

Smash Lord
I guess that will have to be a sacrifice Samus tournaments users are going to have to make. Samus is still a good character, though.

I honestly think that ZSS will only be operational with a final smash, and a down B will not turn her back/into either form. What would be the point of a FS and a down B that do the same function? The reason she becomes ZSS is because of the Zero Laser disables her amour, and Zero Laser can only be done with a FS.
Fail.

If you have played metroid at all, she can take off her power suit freely, so she should be able to start as zero suit samus.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
supposedly, according to one of the reps at e for all, there is a way to START as ZSS. no one knows yet, but if its true, then ZSS in tourneys is certainly possible.

Silfa

Smash Ace
I'm thinking you'll probably have the option to start the match as ZSS holding down A or something, but not being allowed to switch between Samus and ZZS freely throughout the match. So during the match you can only switch threw a smash ball.

That's what I'm thinking anyway. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
you'll most likely be able to do the sheik thing and hold a before the match starts to start as ZSS. It seems illogical for Sakurai not to do something like that. He knows that people want to play as one or the other seperately.

gamer8

Smash Lord
There's always people denying that she's not gonna be a separate character. I don't understand why people don't want her separate... She's gonna be one of my mains.

W.Jr

Smash Lord
will hopefully she a single player, and not attached to samus, then thats going to take samus down B away. Or if they have i press button 2 that still bad. Meaning they are going to have two character that could be top or mid tier as one, that sounds cheap.

gamer8

Smash Lord
I have no idea what effects her down B can have... I'll find out a good use, she's gonna be one of my mains, after all.

Alexandr

Smash Rookie
The lack of having Zamus playable from the start interferes with my having fun. If I want to main Zamus but the only way to play her is to perform an FS with Samus, I'm kept from playing who I want to without any good reason at all.

That is so very true and I concurr 100%. I want Zamus playable from the start.
Worried about Zamus and her being on tournaments? not so much....

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Shouldn't this question be saved for when Brawl's out? I mean, we don't know yet if she can be "A-Buttoned" at the beginning of the match.

Keep in mind that that was only just a demo.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Take a look at this page: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/stage13.html

At the bottom, there are 3 different videos, containing yoshi, zero suit samus, and wario.

The dojo says: On this stage, Snake communicates with his team to learn the key characteristics of his rivals... Whoa... Seriously?
We’ve intercepted some of these communications and we’re delivering those to you now.

This is zero suit Samus' video: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/movies/movie071002b.html?keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=290&width=420

This makes Zero suit samus' chance of being a separate character EXTREMELY high.

Also, these are cutscenes in the subspace emissary, and zero suit samus appears in one of them, of course, you would have to be the character from the start to get them to appear on the cutscene.

Here's the one with zero suit samus:

rayecho

Smash Ace
i hope that they ban the entire smash ball idea. every time i see a video of someone using there final smash, 1-2 stocks are lost. that could upset matches in a great way, not to mention tournaments.

Top Bottom