• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS is terrible in Wifi

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
All characters are terrible on a laggy connection. Green connections however are somewhat reliable.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
On green, it's workable. Nothing's ever really green for me (I have a pretty good connection here).

ZSS' attacks require a lot of precision. The ones that don't tend to have horrible start up or ending lag. In an environment when you needed everything half a second ago, that just doesn't fly.

The characters that do well online are the slow ones with large, sweeping hitboxes that stay out for a long time, imo.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
ZSS sucks very bad with control delay if u guys playing with hd tv make sure to use a component cable for wii.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Smaller, non-precise characters are also good on WiFi.... I always use kirby and jiggs whenever I play onine (it's been over a year since i last played online though)... And yeah, big STRONG characters do well online... I also gave Snake a chance, and he never let me down! :p

fkacyan

Smash Hero
All characters are terrible on a laggy connection. Green connections however are somewhat reliable.
Some characters lose more than others.

Lucario is irritating because rollspam isn't punishable, and neither is aura sphere spam or fsmash spam.

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
I've only played on Wi-Fi since there are no tournies near me, and i do alright with ZSS.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
ZSS is okay, considering other characters

Have you ever tried Zelda wifi? >.>

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
Wait, Zelda is one of the chars who profit much of Wifi imo, it's only more difficult to land Fair or Bair.

Hence

Smash Ace
Wait, Zelda is one of the chars who profit much of Wifi imo, it's only more difficult to land Fair or Bair.
Her only attack that would aid her on Wifi is Din's Fire. Practically every other attack, with the slight exception of Naryu's Wind and a few of her smashes are more difficult. Try landing a N-Air to Naryu's Wind online, or even recovering for that matter. Her recovery is more broken online than the Mother Boys imo. :(

noradseven

Smash Lord
Her only attack that would aid her on Wifi is Din's Fire. Practically every other attack, with the slight exception of Naryu's Wind and a few of her smashes are more difficult. Try landing a N-Air to Naryu's Wind online, or even recovering for that matter. Her recovery is more broken online than the Mother Boys imo. :(
Lucas recovery still rocks online, jump(towards stage) over B(away from stage), down B, its so good.

MK is still the one I hate online, why hello unreactiondodgeable up B >:(

Wenis of Lore

Smash Cadet
tell me about it! fast characters like ZSS just can't deal with the button lag/time pauses. and it was said before...... she's about percision.

noradseven

Smash Lord
tell me about it! fast characters like ZSS just can't deal with the button lag/time pauses. and it was said before...... she's about percision.
That's not entirely true fast characters can deal with it look at sonic. But precision based characters which ZSS very much is, are quite troubled by it, but still if you plan your attacks way ahead of time you can still win most the time but competitive, I really don't think so.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
N...Naryu's Wind? Would that be Farore's Wind or Nayru's Love? ^_^;

sasook

Smash Champion
That's not entirely true fast characters can deal with it look at sonic. But precision based characters which ZSS very much is, are quite troubled by it, but still if you plan your attacks way ahead of time you can still win most the time but competitive, I really don't think so.
Sonic has almost 20 ATs. And his style is hit-and-run. Sonic needs precision just as much as we do.

Everyone is affected by Wifi.

I thought people stopped complaining about this by now. XD
Lol, couldn't have said it better myself.

N...Naryu's Wind? Would that be Farore's Wind or Nayru's Love? ^_^;
rofl

noradseven

Smash Lord
Sonic has almost 20 ATs. And his style is hit-and-run. Sonic needs precision just as much as we do.

Lol, couldn't have said it better myself.

rofl
He does but you can just press all the buttons you need to ahead of time and it turns into a guessing game, one that sonic normally wins, the precision is more often needed for hitting sonic.

ZSS's moves have very small precise hitbox's and don't last for very long, people like sonic, well his moves cover some safe and tend to be safe on hit,block, and even wiff.

SourPuff

Smash Rookie
Obviously.

Wifi is dominated by the hard-hitting, easy-recovering, sweep-attacking characters.

MK, Snake, Ike, and Kirby are the most notable ones.

Though if I ever manage to get a good connection, ZSS's range destroys the newbier ones.

SourPuff

Smash Rookie
Easy recovering? Ike does NOT go under that catergory. Neither does Snake, for that matter.
On wifi, yes it's easy.

Lagging makes meteor smashes near suicide, so it really comes down to being able to defend if landing on a platform. Ike's has priority and Snake can detach :\

JigglyPunch

Smash Apprentice
She does require good timing, and lag is no ones friend in the first place.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
On wifi, yes it's easy.

Lagging makes meteor smashes near suicide, so it really comes down to being able to defend if landing on a platform. Ike's has priority and Snake can detach :\
I just spam jump when I get meteor smashed online... <.<

Orion*

Smash Researcher
if you learn to space good in lag shes actually pretty gay. nobody can powershield your dsmash or side B so you can just camp your heart out -_-
ntm people commonly miss techs from your up B so you can stupid combos that dont actually work. and on a side note the buffered dash attack lock is amazing because you dont even really have to do it right and people cant get out XD

everyone sucks in wifi, but every character has some really gay stuff also in lag.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Everyone is affected by Wifi.

I thought people stopped complaining about this by now. XD
Didn't you mean everyone except GnW?
Yeah Zamus sucks on wifi but go get some green connections and its not that bad at all.
And for the people saying sonic is good on wifi, thats scrubby nooby sonics, on extreme lag. On lag it is too hard to dash grab properly, and well, my practice partners go snake GnW anyway so wiffing anything=**** time.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Didn't you mean everyone except GnW?
Yeah Zamus sucks on wifi but go get some green connections and its not that bad at all.
And for the people saying sonic is good on wifi, thats scrubby nooby sonics, on extreme lag. On lag it is too hard to dash grab properly, and well, my practice partners go snake GnW anyway so wiffing anything=**** time.
That was always my problem, with sonic online, I have a similar one with wolf who is supposity also super easy online. I have never gotten a green connection even when I am like 2 doors away, because the online connection isn't a direct connection between you and the other player but between you the server and them and the server, so lucky you for living somewhere in the vicinity of a server.

Top Bottom