• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[:zss:] NCSU Smash Rehash Vol. 5 "The Next Best Thing" ft. Florida, GA, MD/VA =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
hm alright, that's cool then.

do you think you can set up an area to put a bigger TV in a position where most people can see it for more hype matches but still won't be in the way like the projector will be?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Assuming I could connect my laptop to the projector using a VGA cable, then I could connect the TV to my laptop, and display my laptop on the projector. People would have to put up with seeing the window and stuff, so there'd be a bit of a border around the game, but other than that it should be good. I'd just need a VGA cable long enough to reach the ceiling, and I don't own a VGA cable. Although, if I could hook it up using an HDMI cable, then I'm about to get a 15 foot one in the mail, so that would work.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You know I almost beat Chris in teams at the last NCSU, right?

You two are going down.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
he tends to recall that moment with a fondness.

s'all good. getting me and stingers to realize we were down in a match is just about the extent of his tournament experience.

the world is not ready for the double ganon destruction that'll occur.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Everything Chris said is correct. I have a lot of fondness for that moment.

Just know that you're also going to be down in a match at this NCSU before making a comeback to win it, or something like that.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm just going to have to find someone to team with so we can go double Kirby on you two.

You won't know what hit you.

*CT*

Smash Lord
CT, ben is no longer with Adam, he has mysteriously disappeared from everywhere and all forms of communication. Adam has a new roommate and everything, and isn't connected to smash anymore so he won't house.
Also, same with my dorm room, too tiny to hold anyone. Alex cna house maybe 1 person overnight idk, it depends on his roommate's tolerance.
Oh snap, I was not aware of these events....I sadly deleted both of their numbers out of my phone recently. I bet Ben's parents just stole him again; like that one tournament a few years ago.

Exdeath

Smash Master
there's really no way to avoid it, since you have to sit rather far back from the projector in order to be able to see it all comfortably, and since it's set at that diagonal angle it takes up a rather lot more space than just the projector. and I don't really have any way to wall off that area to prevent people from walking past it no.

you could have it setup to the projector and a TV at the same time so the players wouldnt have to play off of the projector and people could walk past it freely like at Apex, but I wouldn't have the first clue of how to do that.
All you need are cable splitters that are used with pretty much any multi-screen recording set-up. I'd offer to bring mine, but someone has them and I won't have a way to get it back from them for a couple of months. :p

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
All you need are cable splitters that are used with pretty much any multi-screen recording set-up. I'd offer to bring mine, but someone has them and I won't have a way to get it back from them for a couple of months. :p
Unfortunately I don't own those, since I record by having a composite/s-video cable and plugging the composite end into the TV and the S-Video into my laptop.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
How many entrants is this going to get approximately and is Reflex going? I wanna team w/ em lol.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i saw EWB on the live stream at apex against pc chris.

I tried my best to tell the stream he wasnt from nc, and that the commentators were making a mistake.

Sadly, his flop will always be burned in this states hsitory books :(

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Let's get an interested/confirmed list going here. We might get big enough to the point where we'll need elimination pools.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I was thinking of getting there at 11. Will that be early enough to set everything up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom