• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
LMAO that's cute.

They even went as far as to sue Subway for using a Godzilla-lookalike as advertisment.
Do me a favor and check how many crossovers and licensing deals Godzilla's been a part of, and then compare them to the amount Jason has been in since the licensing issues arose. Then kindly stop yapping.

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
Do me a favor and check how many crossovers and licensing deals Godzilla's been a part of, and then compare them to the amount Jason has been in since the licensing issues arose. Then kindly stop yapping.
He's literally trolling at this point.

The sheer amount of crossovers Godzilla had been part of over the years has been brought to his attention more than once by several people and he flat out ignores it just to spam.

Just report him.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Fact still remains given Toho's strange rules regarding Big G. They'd likely be against him being downsized which again is not comparable to Iron Giant and Ridley without coming off as awkward.

50ish feet canonically>160 feet being Godzilla's smallest.

Huge gap.

And as I said, Legendary has cut ties with Warner Bros.
If the Big G isn't available for the roster, I guess Kong himself could do?

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Honestly am looking forward to trying Multiversus with my sister. She’s a huge fan of DC Comics, particularly Batman, so I could finally get her to try a platform fighter with me. It would be fun.

Faso115

Smash Lord
So, what do you think is going to be the scapegoat franchise like Fire Emblem is?

My bet's on DC. Steven Universe in close second cause people get super weird with that show (i don't mean fans, but haters)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
He's literally trolling at this point.

The sheer amount of crossovers Godzilla had been part of over the years has been brought to his attention more than once by several people and he flat out ignores it just to spam.

Just report him.
He even thinks Godzilla would have "too big" be an argument against him.

IN A GAME THAT FEATURES THE IRON GIANT AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER. AND HIS THING IS LITERALLY BEING GIANT.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
So, what do you think is going to be the scapegoat franchise like Fire Emblem is?

My bet's on DC. Steven Universe in close second cause people get super weird with that show (i don't mean fans, but haters)
Given Fire Emblem only became a scapegoat because of Corrin, it will probably be Adventure Time due to Banana Guard (despite them being a good idea)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
He even thinks Godzilla would have "too big" be an argument against him.

IN A GAME THAT FEATURES THE IRON GIANT AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER. AND HIS THING IS LITERALLY BEING GIANT.
Bro is just grasping for anything to doom about tbh

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I mean if downsizing Goji is an issue, then why not just upsize everyone else on the Godzilla stage and explain that the Godzilla universe is literally smaller than the other universes, thus making Goji appear smaller, when in reality everyone is just bigger.

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
And now a cringe in-universe explanation for a smaller Godzilla:

Rick: "Hey Morty, check this **** out!"
-uses a portal gun to bring out Godzilla-

Morty: "Geez, Rick! Wh-wh-why would you bring Godzilla to this world?! He's going to the wreck the city!"

Rick: "Hold on, I'm not done yet."
-fires a shrink ray to make Godzilla closer to Iron Giant's size, much to the Big G's confusion-

Morty: "Why would you do that?"

Rick: "Because it'd be funny to -urp- see everyone fight Godzilla, Morty! I mean come on, Godzilla vs. Jason Vorhees?! Pretty sure Robot Chicken made a sketch of that or something."

Morty: "I don't think this is a good idea...."

Rick: "Would you relax, Morty?! I'll send him back at his natural size later. Maybe. If I don't forget.
-opens another portal-

Morty: "Wait, where are you going?!"

Rick: "Are you kidding? I'm not going to stay here with a pissed off Godzilla. He's your -buuurp- problem now, numbnuts!"
-gets the hell out of dodge-

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'll also say DC, just because I'm already seeing it manifest and people saying it's overrepresented on the current roster - which is pretty ridiculous, give or take Black Adam. Lot of fans feel like they won't be satisfied until every Cartoon Network show and Looney Tune is accounted for but couldn't care less if The Flash or Green Lantern are passed over. Once we start breaching into B-list superheroes or deeper cuts I think some people will start to roll their eyes.

Personally, I'm not really a superhero guy and I am a big cartoon guy. So this is kinda friendly fire on my end, but it does feel like a lot of speculation and community wishes revolve around the cartoons over the comic book or movie characters.

Although if we want to please both ends of the spectrum there is only one answer... Plastic Man!

Another thing. Iron Giant shouldn't be in this game. Putting him in and actually have him fight goes entirely against his character and movie message.
This discourse is two years old by now, I don't think anyone is interested in having this conversation anymore.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Me? Personally my dark horse pick ever is a smiling friends character. But not Pim and Charlie, i just want either Gwimbly for the memes or Mr. Frog just because.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
The Fire Emblem equivalent would be something that qualifies as "Anime Swordsmen". (Emphasis on both Anime and Sword)
Since RWBY is off the radar (WB sold it a while ago), I don't know what they have.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Deleted my comments, I'm just stirring things for no reason at this point.

If you want to know the truth. This is just me doomposting because I want Godzilla in the game being one of my most wanted and I'm just convincing myself he won't happen to avoid the disappointment if he doesn't.

But I do stand out on this at least. Didn't Legendary cut ties from Warner Bros.? Wouldn't that decrease his chances?

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Me? Personally my dark horse pick ever is a smiling friends character. But not Pim and Charlie, i just want either Gwimbly for the memes or Mr. Frog just because.
Mr. Boss is in a platfighter in-universe, I say go with him.

Just for fun, I decided to build a prediction roster for like, the first three years, assuming they don't actually have enough to do one every two weeks (still absurd imo). Maybe I'll make a video on it, or wait til after Season 1 and see if anything changes.

1. Reindog
2. The Iron Giant
3. Tom & Jerry
4. Arya Stark
5. LeBron James
6. Agent Smith
7. Jason Voorhees
8. Gizmo
9. Stripe
10. Rick
11. Morty
12. Shaggy
13. Velma
14. Steven Universe
15. Garnet
16. Finn the Human
17. Jake the Dog
18. Banana Guard
19. Bugs Bunny
20. Taz
21. Marvin the Martian
22. Superman
23. Batman
24. Wonder Woman
25. The Joker
26. Harley Quinn
27. Black Adam
28. Daenarys Targaryen
29. Scorpion
30. Daffy Duck
31. Yosemite Sam
32. Marceline the Vampire Queen
33. Scooby-Doo
34. The Powerpuff Girls
35. The Wicked Witch of the West
36. Dexter
37. Samurai Jack
38. Aquaman
39. Blue Beetle
40. Green Lantern
41. The Flash
42. Raven
43. Lex Luthor
44. Tony Soprano
45. Freddy Krueger
46. Fred Flintstone
47. Mordecai
48. Rigby
49. Lion-O
50. Ben Tennyson
51. Harry Potter
52. Hermione Granger
53. Gumball Watterson
54. Willy Wonka
55. Gandalf
56. Legolas
57. Kong
58. Godzilla
59. Brock Samson
60. Betelgeuse

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I'll also say DC, just because I'm already seeing it manifest and people saying it's overrepresented on the current roster - which is pretty ridiculous, give or take Black Adam. Lot of fans feel like they won't be satisfied until every Cartoon Network show and Looney Tune is accounted for but couldn't care less if The Flash or Green Lantern are passed over. Once we start breaching into B-list superheroes or deeper cuts I think some people will start to roll their eyes.

Personally, I'm not really a superhero guy and I am a big cartoon guy. So this is kinda friendly fire on my end, but it does feel like a lot of speculation and community wishes revolve around the cartoons over the comic book or movie characters.

Although if we want to please both ends of the spectrum there is only one answer... Plastic Man!
I'd genuinely really love to have Plastic man in the game, but I fear that he's going to be skipped because he has pretty much the same gimmick than Jake. Personally I'm probably biased because I'm a big DC fans, but I actually hope we do have a few B-tier heroes. Booster gold is easily my most wanted DC heroes, more than Green Lantern or Flash. I'd also really like Constantine, Atom and Beast Boy. I also hope we got a few on non Batman and Superman vilains. Of course, Joker is awesome and I would like Lex Luthor, but others like Sinestro, Captain Boomerang, Black Manta or Mirror master would be very fun too

But yeah, the truth is people will hate those characters because "DC bad" and "not relevant" despite all the most wanted charactrs being from CN shows that stopped airing more than 10 years ago.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I was bored so I decided to make a version of Multiversus but with Disney characters. Every character is a direct replacement of someone on the original roster, which I'm posting for reference to make everything clear
View attachment 366899
View attachment 366900
Now that Multiversus is alive I'm going to bring back this very silly roster. Same format as last time, more or less.
disneysus4.PNG

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd genuinely really love to have Plastic man in the game, but I fear that he's going to be skipped because he has pretty much the same gimmick than Jake. Personally I'm probably biased because I'm a big DC fans, but I actually hope we do have a few B-tier heroes. Booster gold is easily my most wanted DC heroes, more than Green Lantern or Flash. I'd also really like Constantine, Atom and Beast Boy. I also hope we got a few on non Batman and Superman vilains. Of course, Joker is awesome and I would like Lex Luthor, but others like Sinestro, Captain Boomerang, Black Manta or Mirror master would be very fun too

But yeah, the truth is people will hate those characters because "DC bad" and "not relevant" despite all the most wanted charactrs being from CN shows that stopped airing more than 10 years ago.
Honestly this is one reason why I really hope they continued to work on Static. He's very popular for a relatively-smaller scale DC character and would strike that sort of balance really well.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
And now a cringe in-universe explanation for a smaller Godzilla:

Rick: "Hey Morty, check this **** out!"
-uses a portal gun to bring out Godzilla-

Morty: "Geez, Rick! Wh-wh-why would you bring Godzilla to this world?! He's going to the wreck the city!"

Rick: "Hold on, I'm not done yet."
-fires a shrink ray to make Godzilla closer to Iron Giant's size, much to the Big G's confusion-

Morty: "Why would you do that?"

Rick: "Because it'd be funny to -urp- see everyone fight Godzilla, Morty! I mean come on, Godzilla vs. Jason Vorhees?! Pretty sure Robot Chicken made a sketch of that or something."

Morty: "I don't think this is a good idea...."

Rick: "Would you relax, Morty?! I'll send him back at his natural size later. Maybe. If I don't forget.
-opens another portal-

Morty: "Wait, where are you going?!"

Rick: "Are you kidding? I'm not going to stay here with a pissed off Godzilla. He's your -buuurp- problem now, numbnuts!"
-gets the hell out of dodge-
This needs to be canon it’s too perfect!

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
You know there's a lots of talk about releasing characters every 2 weeks and that they have 30+ characters already ready and that's super exciting, but I really hope they didn't forgot working on stage. Already the game have a very small amount, and we only know of 3 new (including Water tower). I really hope Friday the 13th gets a stage, Camp Crystal lake is such a cool location for a fight. I'm sure Matrix have a few good locations, but I'm not a big fan of the franchise so I can't really tell a specific one. Looney Tunes also really need stage, it's kind of baffling that there's not one in the first place.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
If we get a Smiling Friends character, then I hope we get that stage from the ending of the episode with Gwimbly.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Tony may be hinting at a jason X skin. before Jason was revealed he said "I'm beginning to like hockey" and now has tweeted " I'm beginning to like space "

Last edited:
Top Bottom