• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's one of those idle clicker games where you gotta level up your character and stuff and not at all what the ad shows so imagine my disappointment shock.

Also it's an actual anime so that caught me off guard.

Y'all remember when Queen's Blade ads somehow were allowed on the boards?

Edit: I only did it so y'all don't have to.
I actually forgot all about Queens Blade

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My parents graduated from college today. They’re now both doctors.

I HAAAAAATE graduation ceremonies. I hated my own and I hate others and it’s taking all my effort not to just completely Oscar the Grouch the entire thing, and I’m still acting too cranky for my mom. Like I’m genuinely happy you graduated but I’m not happy to sit in a plastic chair under a tent and watch a bunch of strangers and two people I actually know get pieces of paper proclaiming they paid a big institution enough money to be allowed to be called a doctor. Like seriously why do people find meaning in these ceremonies?
They are doctors, they didn’t just pay to have that title. A career like that requires busting your ass and putting real time and effort in.

You should be happy for them that they survived a course not everyone graduates from. Let them have their moment

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They are doctors, they didn’t just pay to have that title. A career like that requires busting your ass and putting real time and effort in.

You should be happy for them that they survived a course not everyone graduates from. Let them have their moment
I’m happy that they graduated! And if we were just having a private party with friends as they displayed their diplomas I’d be all for it. It’s the ceremony that drags me down.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I know I'm still only in the first Dillon's Rolling Western game, but I'd love to see Dillon become playable in Smash.
Ooooohhh, I have wanted Dillon to be playable in Smash for a long time!

How are his chances since the company who made his games shut down due to bankruptcy?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Ooooohhh, I have wanted Dillon to be playable in Smash for a long time!

How are his chances since the company who made his games shut down due to bankruptcy?
I don't think the closure of Vanpool will be a problem. The real problem is its digital-only games can no longer be purchased (the third game had a physical release in Japan and Europe but North American wasn't fortunate enough).

A re-release of the trilogy is a must!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't think the closure of Vanpool will be a problem. The real problem is its digital-only games can no longer be purchased (the third game had a physical release in Japan and Europe but North American wasn't fortunate enough).

Agreed. I would love to see that happen!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Only way Drake is winning this is if he says Kendrick has vital info on Boeing's downfall.

also I'm surprised this convo leaked into the Boards, last place I expected that
even WWE and wrestling as a whole is talking about it, and we be trying to stay out the rap game since John Cena last cooked

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
even WWE and wrestling as a whole is talking about it, and we be trying to stay out the rap game since John Cena last cooked
Also Midori, the atlus leaker, yeea, they are talking about it too

Just wait. Lotus Juice gonna start talking about it
Also
SmartSelect_20240506_012537_X.jpg

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
One thing I don’t like about stuff like x-men is that I can not accept people with superpowers as an allegory for an oppressed minority group. People aren’t resentfully jealous or afraid of me because I’m trans and gay. They hate me because I go against their religion and I freak them out. And I feel like the allegory falls apart even more when you apply it to race. And don’t get me started on versions of this where the minority allegory is some kind of literal monster.

Monsters and Superpowers are not a good allegory for minority groups and I’m tired of people pretending they are.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I played the second game but genuinely asking, how would you adapt the controls, especially for the combat sections?

Top Bottom