• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

StormC

Smash Hero
One thing I don’t like about stuff like x-men is that I can not accept people with superpowers as an allegory for an oppressed minority group. People aren’t resentfully jealous or afraid of me because I’m trans and gay. They hate me because I go against their religion and I freak them out. And I feel like the allegory falls apart even more when you apply it to race. And don’t get me started on versions of this where the minority allegory is some kind of literal monster.

Monsters and Superpowers are not a good allegory for minority groups and I’m tired of people pretending they are.
I think in many respects it's well intentioned and a fair amount of minority writers have made an attempt to make the mutant = minority allegory more palpable. But I agree more often than not it is clumsy and awkward. I think X-Men is more fun as a pulpy superhero story with some soap opera drama than attempting to be a deep commentary on bigotry.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nintendo's financial report happens tomorrow.

It would be nice if they also have something to say to address the post-Luigi's Mansion 2 HD 2024 drought.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Booted up my Wii U for one of the final times today. I want to finally be done with the games that I have left for the console that mostly haven't been ported to Switch and then probably just put the poor thing out of its misery. I could barely get it booted up today, thought it was already a goner.

I decided to start with the Metroid Prime (I didn't buy the remaster because I have the entire trilogy on Wii U) and after playing the tutorial and failing to escape the coubtdown I'm embarrassed to say that I will probably have to switch to the Switch remaster, cause I cannot use motion controls to save my life and I lost an hour of progress because of it. This isn't a problem with the game itself, I'm not used to motion controls

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not wrong but Superman hasn't had a good live action movie since the Cold War.
Idk Shin Ultraman was pretty good
Hey guys, here is a little something for you.

I wonder what this game could be?
Kirby games often have food related codenames iirc, Robobot was Torte City and Star Allies was Eclair if I'm not mistaken

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

StormC

Smash Hero
There's probably some legalese that would be necessary to sort out - IIRC Intelligent Systems partially owns FE, whereas Nintendo wholly owns Xenoblade.

Top Bottom