• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Started Zelda Wind Waker. If there's a game I've been putting off for years it's this one, I tried playing it ages ago and got past the forsaken fortress (with great struggle) and then just stopped for some reason. I was still in school when I did that.

Now I got to where I was last time in one sitting. I plan on seeing this game through to the end this time. The first of the last three Wii U games I'm gonna be done with so that this console can finally rest forever.

Loving the physical comedy and expressions of the characters, and the game generally looks fantastic. It does kind of feel slow so far but Ima let it cook

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Started Zelda Wind Waker. If there's a game I've been putting off for years it's this one, I tried playing it ages ago and got past the forsaken fortress (with great struggle) and then just stopped for some reason. I was still in school when I did that.

Now I got to where I was last time in one sitting. I plan on seeing this game through to the end this time. The first of the last three Wii U games I'm gonna be done with so that this console can finally rest forever.

Loving the physical comedy and expressions of the characters, and the game generally looks fantastic. It does kind of feel slow so far but Ima let it cook
Yeah, it's peak Zelda.

You're in for a treat.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Seriously, let it cook.

You won't regret playing it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

So it sounds like this thing really is a Switch 2. That’s fine, it’s about what we all expected.

Just please don’t make the same mistake you did last time, Nintendo. Make it clear that this is a new system, not some add-on or something.
Keeping the same approach for the successor can mean less hassle to make it backwards compatible.

I'll happily take that.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

You are in for peak zelda

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The switch 2 presentation is ending and we get one final reveal.

It’s a cgi trailer, where Wario is is traveling around on his bike, talking to different characters.

First we see him meet Mario, then Jimmy T, Dk, Ashley, it goes on, until he meets Daisy.

The whole time Wario is carrying a poster around, presumably with someone’s face on it, but we don’t see who.

After asking Daisy, he has one final stop to try, the Tennis courts.

It’s there he finally sees who he’s been looking for, Waluigi. Who had cut contact after leaving on a long journey of self discovery and training.

Wario and him hug it out, and Wario reaches into his pocket, he hands Waluigi something and goes

“Oh yeah, Waluigi time!”

*Cuts to splash screen

“It’s Waluigi time!”

“super smash bros curtain call”

Late 2025

your reaction?
Flee the internet like my life depends on it and stay in hiding until it all blows over

Reactions: Z25

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

So it sounds like this thing really is a Switch 2. That’s fine, it’s about what we all expected.

Just please don’t make the same mistake you did last time, Nintendo. Make it clear that this is a new system, not some add-on or something.
me listening to the video
20230225_095235.jpg

What doea this mean

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It means the next console is indeed an updated Switch. It’ll probably look similar, though with some added bits and bobs. Think the jump from DS to 3DS.
As long as they don't add some sort of lame gimmick like smellovision or controlling the games with our pulse or a controller with an irregular amount/placement of buttons.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
As long as they don't add some sort of lame gimmick like smellovision or controlling the games with our pulse or a controller with an irregular amount/placement of buttons.
Get a load of this girl.

She doesn't want to smell what Toad smells like.
Okay, but consider...

If a Pokemon game comes out on a smellovision system you could actually smell Pokemon like Venusaur, Meganium and Roselia.

I would gladly take a free Aromatherapy Console.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Okay, but consider...

If a Pokemon game comes out on a smellovision system you could actually smell Pokemon like Venusaur, Meganium and Roselia.

I would gladly take a free Aromatherapy Console.
Yeah, but you can also smell Skuntank

and fox Pokemon

and horse Pokemon

and mustelid Pokemon that aren't Osha/Dewott

and other Pokemon based on animals that Ess-Tee-Eye-En-Kay

you better hope you're someone who thinks Leafeon is a cat, or that "they smell like fresh grass" cancels out any canid odors.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Yeah, but you can also smell Skuntank

and fox Pokemon

and horse Pokemon

and mustelid Pokemon that aren't Osha/Dewott

and other Pokemon based on animals that Ess-Tee-Eye-En-Kay

you better hope you're someone who thinks Leafeon is a cat, or that "they smell like fresh grass" cancels out any canid odors.
Eh, I have a dog and she smells fine most of the time.

Also I don't think the horse Pokemon would smell bad either. Rapidash is on fire so it probably smells smoky and nice. A lot of people also like the way dirt and mud smell so Mudsdale wouldn't be bad either. And I get the feeling the Galarian Rapidash line probably smells really nice

I'd definitely give the mustelid mons a wide berth though

Now if you want a Pokemon stench I'm worried about, try Gastly. It's a literal gas cloud!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'd definitely give the mustelid mons a wide berth though
Fun fact: Sea otters, and only sea otters, are the only mustelids that aren't producing stink 24/7.

That said, even though it's supposed to be a sea otter like its pre-evo, Dewott's hands and smaller face make me think more of river otters:

So...would it have Schrodinger's Odor?

Noipoi

Howdy!
AROMATISSE

HOW DID I FORGET AROMATISSE

I love the fluffy perfume bird so much. It's one of the Pokemon I'd one to have in real life most.
Maybe it wouldn’t smell bad, exactly. But it does have so much smell that you eventually lose all sensation in your nose.

So uhhh have fun with that :4pacman:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Maybe it wouldn’t smell bad, exactly. But it does have so much smell that you eventually lose all sensation in your nose.

So uhhh have fun with that :4pacman:
There's always a catch isn't there? :239:

If nothing else, that isn't the case for Spritzee, Aromatisse's pre-evo and, in my humble opinion, the cutest of all Pokemon

Plus we know the Pokedex can over-exaggerate, I'm sure some Aromatisse can control how much scent pours from its body

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well as long as the majority of the games work on both of the systems like they did with the 3DS and new 3DS then I'm fine with it but if half of them only work on the new Switch then I'm going to be pissed
It’s 99.9% confirmed that this thing is backwards compatible, meaning all Switch games should be playable on this new system.

But any new games they make going forward…remember that little notch on 3DS cartridges that physically stopped you from putting them into a DS? I imagine it’ll be something like that.

Top Bottom