• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm excited for the new system but I'm also dreading it because of how many Switch games I own that I still haven't played

Guess I'm gonna have to speedrun that collection now. It's gotten smaller over the years but there are more games I want to get after I'm done with the ones I have and there's also my huge PC collection that I barely put a dent in over the years

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ill be excited for it if the new games also will work on the OG switch, digital or othwrwise.

If im going to be locked out of games just because i dont have the new console then nintendo can suck my ****

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
one of these days Nintendo will announce things in a normal way at a normal time

11:49pm to officially announce the confirmation of the Switch 2, continuing the legacy of being casual about revealing things like Mario Movie 2, Charles Martinet retiring as Mario, and the Zelda movie…but still
4100.jpeg

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In non Nintendo news, a couple Bethesda Studios are closing, including Arkane Austin, Tango Gameworks, Roundhouse Games, and Alpha Dog Studios.

I hope the best for those affected by these closures.

Edit: Regarding Redfall, the DLC for the title will not be released and anyone who bought it will receive compensation for not getting it.

Edit2: Roundhouse Games will be absorbed by ZeniMax Online.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
In non Nintendo news, a couple Bethesda Studios are closing, including Arkane Austin, Tango Gameworks, and Alpha Dog Studios.

I hope the best for those affected by these closures.
Shutting down the studio that made last year's award winning Hi-Fi Rush is utter bull****.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
MCU moving down to 2-3 movies and 1-2 shows per year…aka what Phase 3 was like

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know, in monster stories like this... why not make native people who know what they are doing the protagonists (or at least some of them)?

That's just me but I'd like to see more horror movies where characters belive/know there's something supernatural going on from the start.
I like that. How did I not think of this? Thanks!

The protag or one of the protags who is Aboriginal because of his/her people's mysticism connection to legends of their culture senses that supernatural presence! I like that!

The Australian Aboriginals are amongst my favorite indigenous people alongside the Inuits and have such respect for them because of their fascinating cultures and beliefs. I'd love them getting more spotlight in films. So the idea of the protagonist or one of them being one is really spot-on and would fit for a killer film on the bunyip.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Assuming the new console is indeed backwards compatible, I'd like to see the old Switch games get a boost in performance much like how a lot of PS4 games run better on PS5.

Just imagine Scarlet/Violet finally being able to reach a consistent 20 fps. Wow, I'm drooling just thinking about it. :dkmelee:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Assuming the new console is indeed backwards compatible, I'd like to see the old Switch games get a boost in performance much like how a lot of PS4 games run better on PS5.

Just imagine Scarlet/Violet finally being able to reach a consistent 20 fps. Wow, I'm drooling just thinking about it. :dkmelee:
I can't wait to play Animal Crossing New Horizons in 4K at 60fps with ray tracing.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If anything they should just do one MCU film a year as seen with Deadpool & Wolverine. Which is the only other Marvel film I'm looking forward to (As was Guardians 3).

Not that the fatigue will ever go away of course.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Animal crossing and MK8 still truckin
Mario Kart 8 literally never dying (watch it still sell copies even after 9 and 10 are out)
Personally, I am fine with this as long as this can help and benefit the MCU films and tv shows provide more time for Marvel Studios to focus on regaining the quality aspect they once had.
only thing I beg for is to be given some new teases with the Spidey show…and to force the voice to be Josh Keaton’s
If anything they should just do one MCU film a year as seen with Deadpool & Wolverine. Which is the only other Marvel film I'm looking forward to (As was Guardians 3).

Not that the fatigue will ever go away of course.
you are then caught in 4K attending the “Venom: The Last Dance” red carpet

dezeray112

Smash Hero
only thing I beg for is to be given some new teases with the Spidey show…and to force the voice to be Josh Keaton’s
Well there is San Diego Comic-con and the Disney D23 event coming up within a few months in which I do expect Marvel Studios to have a presence there as they usually make reveals and announcements in the past.

I really want to find out what MCU role Giancarlo Esposito has got.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The switch 2 presentation is ending and we get one final reveal.

It’s a cgi trailer, where Wario is is traveling around on his bike, talking to different characters.

First we see him meet Mario, then Jimmy T, Dk, Ashley, it goes on, until he meets Daisy.

The whole time Wario is carrying a poster around, presumably with someone’s face on it, but we don’t see who.

After asking Daisy, he has one final stop to try, the Tennis courts.

It’s there he finally sees who he’s been looking for, Waluigi. Who had cut contact after leaving on a long journey of self discovery and training.

Wario and him hug it out, and Wario reaches into his pocket, he hands Waluigi something and goes

“Oh yeah, Waluigi time!”

*Cuts to splash screen

“It’s Waluigi time!”

“super smash bros curtain call”

Late 2025

your reaction?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

It’s a cgi trailer, where Wario is is traveling around on his bike, talking to different characters.

First we see him meet Mario, then Jimmy T, Dk, Ashley, it goes on, until he meets Daisy.

The whole time Wario is carrying a poster around, presumably with someone’s face on it, but we don’t see who.

It’s there he finally sees who he’s been looking for, Waluigi. Who had cut contact after leaving on a long journey of self discovery and training.

Wario and him hug it out, and Wario reaches into his pocket, he hands Waluigi something and goes

“Oh yeah, Waluigi time!”

*Cuts to splash screen

“It’s Waluigi time!”

Late 2025

your reaction?
A hint of excitement before the existential dread sets in when I realize I’m in for another three years of Smash Speculationtm

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
you are then caught in 4K attending the “Venom: The Last Dance” red carpet
More like Venom: The Last Trash.

I hated the last two films, what makes you think I'll like this one? Same movies with lines of dialogue like "A turd in the wind" or the scene having Venom rap and mic-drop. Or the fact Venom and Eddie acts like an old married couple which comes off as obnoxious and annoying.

Not the kind of Venom movie I want.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Never gonna forgive Sony for having a PG-13 film with Carnage. Feels entirely wrong.

What's the point of calling it Let There be Carnage (Or as I would call it "Let There be Garbage") when there's no "carnage"??? A title like that you'd expect it being rated r.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

“Oh yeah, Waluigi time!”

*Cuts to splash screen

“It’s Waluigi time!”

Late 2025

your reaction?
And then Nintendo reveals Assist Trophies will now receive trailers and mentions the trailer we just saw was for Waluigi’s return as an assist.

Everyone panics as they realize trailers can now deconfirm.

But seriously, I’d be happy for the fans.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sony: Makes Venom films, and Moribus PG-13
Also Sony: Makes Kraven the Hunter R-rated

In a nutshell.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero

“Oh yeah, Waluigi time!”

*Cuts to splash screen

“It’s Waluigi time!”

Late 2025

your reaction?

bottom text

View attachment 388964
THAT'S RIGHT, YOU

Tell me your favorite My Chemical Romance song

This is a social experiment
Helena

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

“Oh yeah, Waluigi time!”

*Cuts to splash screen

“It’s Waluigi time!”

Late 2025

your reaction?
Absolute despair (for more than one reason).

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I haven't listened to Three Cheers in a fat minute. I really should do a relisten

Legit, the ONLY MCR song I remeber is Welcome to the Black Parade
Which, to be fair, is one of the very best ones you COULD remember. Musical peak among peaks

I'm personally between:
  • I'm Not Okay
  • I Don't Love You
  • Welcome to the Black Parade
  • Disenchanted
  • Na Na Na
  • The Only Hope for Me is You

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
A new Code Geass show (or OVA, I'm not really sure what it actually is) is dropping real soon and I honestly don't know how I feel about it, even with the main series ranking among my favorite anime.

Most of the stuff released after the original show like the Akito OVAs, recap movies, and Resurrection were fine enough, but they just don't hit the same imo.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well there is San Diego Comic-con and the Disney D23 event coming up within a few months in which I do expect Marvel Studios to have a presence there as they usually make reveals and announcements in the past.

I really want to find out what MCU role Giancarlo Esposito has got.
Norman Osborn in YFNSM please

“Oh yeah, Waluigi time!”

*Cuts to splash screen

“It’s Waluigi time!”

Late 2025

your reaction?
I wake the **** up and hide
More like Venom: The Last Trash.

I hated the last two films, what makes you think I'll like this one? Same movies with lines of dialogue like "A turd in the wind" or the scene having Venom rap and mic-drop. Or the fact Venom and Eddie acts like an old married couple which comes off as obnoxious and annoying.

Not the kind of Venom movie I want.
sounds like you’re scared of peak cinema

Top Bottom