• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF-Dex: Make Your Own Pokemon!

JOE!

Smash Hero
really, only tery saw my animation final about Rexxor? :p

anywho, what is with sparrowak?

are we considering mixing pokemon as a serious potential mechani....

this would actually be kinda epic

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
really, only tery saw my animation final about Rexxor? :p

anywho, what is with sparrowak?

are we considering mixing pokemon as a serious potential mechani....

this would actually be kinda epic
I saw it too.

Needs moar Rexxor eating small woodland creatures (pokes obviously) Happy-Tree-Friends style.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Too bad you couldn't get bonus points.

And technically Sparrowak wouldn't be a cross-fusion. Just like the metamorphisis in Dragonair, Shelgon, etc. Marowak could've gone through a major change.

Like, for example his habitat could have begun to be overpopulated by Farfetch'd.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I should make stuff for this....

Now to stop being lazy and actually do it.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Espeon should've been solely a morning evolution back in G/S/C. /random

If we were to make something evolve based on the time of day, we should give it a reason for doing so, as in a physical reason for separate evolutions.

Now that I think about it, Burmy had a pretty cool evolution method.

I'm working on some Gym Leader names; anyone wanna throw out any ideas?

Ground - Sandra
Flying - Russell
Poison - Vanessa
Ice - Anders
Dark - Melanie
Fire - Kelvin
Grass - (boy or girl)
Dragon - (boy or girl)

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I approve of Sandra and Kelvin's names, definitely. I don't know about you, but I can imagine Melanie as the Poison leader instead of Vanessa. I just thought of the pigment melanin. And what is the inspiration behind Anders' name?

A Grass leader name... what about Hazel? For obvious reasons, and it's relevant. I was tempted to suggest Alice as an alternative name for Anders, but I found it too similar to Candice.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I thought of melanin too when I decided on Melanie (we're thinking alike!); it's a dark pigment and I thought it'd go well with the Dark type. Vanessa sounds like "venom", which is why I thought that name up for the Poison Gym Leader. Anders Celsius is the guy that the Celsius temperature scale was named after (kind of like the Kelvin scale). I wanted the Fire and Grass Gym Leaders to be siblings for a potential storyline connection, but I wasn't sure which of the last two Gym Leaders was going to be a boy or a girl. I like the name Hazel a lot; I approve (I was going through tree names too). I guess the last Gym Leader should be a guy then, and he'll use the Dragon type. Any suggestions? Feel free to throw out any other names, too. Puns are fun!

I might start putting Pokemon to Gym Leaders, then. I wonder if we have enough for each type? Off the top of my head:

Ground - Hmm...
Flying - Galeark, Zippum
Poison - Hmm...
Ice - Sleeopard,
Dark - Riffaka,
Fire - Glochin, Gloguide, Tuskorch
Grass - Samboo, Graphoak, Pandark
Dragon - Kelpent,

I think I need to design some alpine Pokemon.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
brb making a Ground/Poison type....

When I feel like it...

any day now....

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I thought of melanin too when I decided on Melanie (we're thinking alike!); it's a dark pigment and I thought it'd go well with the Dark type. Vanessa sounds like "venom", which is why I thought that name up for the Poison Gym Leader.
Great minds think alike... does that mean I'm great? But I was thinking more along the lines of melanin being a chemical, so being similar to what constitutes poison, in a way. I guess the name's interchangeable.

Anders Celsius is the guy that the Celsius temperature scale was named after (kind of like the Kelvin scale).
Ohhhh, riiiiight... wait. How do you spell that name? Celise, or something? There was definitely a name I've heard that sounded like that... or maybe that was Elise.

I wanted the Fire and Grass Gym Leaders to be siblings for a potential storyline connection, but I wasn't sure which of the last two Gym Leaders was going to be a boy or a girl.
You have a vague plot ready? Or just opening up some possible opportunities?

I guess the last Gym Leader should be a guy then, and he'll use the Dragon type. Any suggestions? Feel free to throw out any other names, too. Puns are fun!
That's not very punny... (So... so overused... )
Since I totally lack ability in naming things I'll be the daft one to suggest Draco. ^_^; But, I did manage to remember a particular author on ff.net whose name had a part called Ryou, which is Japanese for dragon. There's another.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Flying - Hawkins
Ice - Rachill
Grass - Paulanne
Dragon - Hunter
/random names

Also, this is what gyms my mons could probably fit into:

Ground - Descuri
Flying - Aquemu
Poison - Wynedust
Ice -
Dark - (Fyunnizard? it's dark enough...)
Fire - Pumpyre
Grass -
Dragon -

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Out of curiousity, when was the last time the mega-post was updated? I'm trying to settle on types for my croc and was curious as to what I should avoid, besides fire.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
You have a vague plot ready? Or just opening up some possible opportunities?

That's not very punny... (So... so overused... )
Since I totally lack ability in naming things I'll be the daft one to suggest Draco. ^_^; But, I did manage to remember a particular author on ff.net whose name had a part called Ryou, which is Japanese for dragon. There's another.
I had a very vague plot point in mind involving traditional life/modern life, Sage Town/Cayenne City, Grass Gym/Fire Gym. It'd be nice to have a non-over-the-top story. It's not necessarily set in stone, though.

Ryo(u) is a possible name. I think we'll try to avoid names starting with Dra-, though. ;)

/random names

Also, this is what gyms my mons could probably fit into:

Ground - Descuri
Flying - Aquemu
Poison - Wynedust
Ice -
Dark - (Fyunnizard? it's dark enough...)
Fire - Pumpyre
Grass -
Dragon -
I like the name Hunter; it's pretty tough-sounding. Rachel is pretty subtle and cool too.

And how could I forget Aquemu? Flying Gym for sure. Maybe we could sort of meld the Dark and Ghost Gyms together.

Out of curiousity, when was the last time the mega-post was updated? I'm trying to settle on types for my croc and was curious as to what I should avoid, besides fire.
I don't think it's been updated in a while. I'd say we're lacking in Water types, but we've already had a water croc.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
I had already decided on making it a water type, but was trying to decide on a second type (for either it or another croc). Types I've considered are: normal, fighting, ground, rock, dragon, dark, and steel. I'm mostly curious if I should avoid any of them.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I had already decided on making it a water type, but was trying to decide on a second type (for either it or another croc). Types I've considered are: normal, fighting, ground, rock, dragon, dark, and steel. I'm mostly curious if I should avoid any of them.
I think another Water/Steel would be kind of cool if your Pokemon is more physically-based (than Empoleon). You could do any of those types that makes sense, though.

So here's a pre-evolution for Lilibelle, otherwise known as SmashCAP2:

Callabelle
Grass/Ghost

And I just thought I'd throw these other Pokemon out here that I think would be good for the region (and a certain Gym) that are still kind of lacking in ideas (any suggestions would be welcome):

Name: ?????
Type: Ice

Evolves into:

Name: ?????

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Evolution stages mean nothing.

For example, Machop is a basic Pokemon with two evos, it's one of the best in little cup.

Nincada is a basic Pokemon with only one evo, albeit a split evolution chain, it only has 1 evo in either direction. It is a terrible LC Pokemon.

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
sooooo....

how about more ideas for pokemon interactions/team abilities?
woot! thanks for the revival of this topic.

I keep having small glimpses of possible ideas that might become something fruitful possibly at school. but I forget them by the end of class. One of them had to do with solrock and lunatone i know that...

JOE!

Smash Hero
well, heres an idea for us all:

what would be cool abilities that have to do with position on the team?

Such as Pack Leader/Herding Instinct for pokemon in the lead?

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
well, heres an idea for us all:

what would be cool abilities that have to do with position on the team?

Such as Pack Leader/Herding Instinct for pokemon in the lead?
interesting... like certain abilities promote the pokemon's use as a lead.

Maybe one that boosts the pokemon's speed/other stat upon entering IF it is the first of your pokemon to enter the battle?

JOE!

Smash Hero
So, maybe Eagerness?

(btw, pack leader / herding instinct is a pokemon interaction ability....it boosts attk/def respectivley if there is a pokemon of similar build to it on the team, such as a myghtena and an arcanine, or tauros and miltank/etc)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I could've sworn we thought up that lead ability earlier in the thread...I forget, are these "interactions" abilities, or something else entirely?

Speaking of team interaction, how about an attack similar to Fyunizzard's Spirit Blast (which gets stronger the more fainted Pokemon the opponent has), except dealing with the number of fainted Pokemon in your party?

I'm still working on some of my own Pokemon (naming, mostly) and Gym stuff. Keep the ideas rolling, people!

JOE!

Smash Hero
yes, we did come up with Pack Leader and Herding Instinct...but they arent necesarily "lead" roles as much as interactions as they have to do with having more than one kind of pokemon on a team (well, pack leader may be more leader-focused but w/e)

EDIT:

lol flyin, look at the post number you have there

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Post #1234tw! Thanks for pointing that out. :bee:

Anywway, I like the Eagerness idea (I have a feeling there's a better word for it). Would ithe X boost last the whole battle (any time the lead Pokemon is sent out), or only the first time the Pokemon is sent out?

And more importantly, what Pokemon will we give it to?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Arpac

Evolves into Crybex at LV26
Ability: Snow Cloak / Mountaineer

Mountaineer: This Pokémon avoids all Rock-type attacks and hazards when switching in.

HP: 60
Atk: 40
Def: 65
Sp Atk: 75
Sp Def: 50
Spd: 60
BST: 350

Class: Little Goat Pokemon
Length: 2'8''
Weight: 40 lbs.
Colors: Its shaggy coat and the tufts of hair on its head are white. The rest of its fur is light blue and its horns are dark blue/black.
Pokedex Entries:
- It is a hardy Pokemon that lives in herds in high and cold mountains. Though not the best rock jumper, it tries hard to keep up with the adults.
- Its fluffy coat is thick enough to protect it from the harsh cold of its habitat. It is also popular for making winter clothing out of.

Crybex

Evolves from Arpac at LV26
Ability: Snow Cloak / Mountaineer

Mountaineer: This Pokémon avoids all Rock-type attacks and hazards when switching in.

HP: 90
Atk: 60
Def: 100
Sp Atk: 105
Sp Def: 75
Spd: 80
BST: 510

Class: Mystic Goat Pokemon
Length: 5'7''
Weight: 150 lbs.
Colors: Its shaggy coat, beard, tail, and ankles are white. The rest of its fur is light blue and its horns are dark/blue black.
Pokedex Entries:
- It is unmatched at manuevering the rocky cliffs that it lives in. It is able to summon howling blizzards at will.
- Its beautiful horns allow it to manipulate the temperature of the surrounding air. It is able to leap gracefully from rock to rock to escape danger.

Move List for Arpac/Crybex:

*italics signify a move only learned by Crybex
*bold signifies STAB

Level Up Moves:

- Weather Ball
- Magic Coat
- Mirror Coat
- Tackle
5 Tail Whip
7 Powder Snow
10 Charm
13 Icy Wind
16 Stomp
19 Refresh
23 Aurora Beam
27 Milk Drink
31 Mist
35 Hail
40 Blizzard
45 Sheer Cold

TM/HM Moves:

Water Pulse
Calm Mind
Roar
Toxic
Hail
Hidden Power
Ice Beam
Blizzard

Hyper Beam
Protect
Rain Dance
Safeguard
Frustration
Iron Tail
Return
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Double Team
Reflect
Facade
Secret Power
Rest
Attract
Thief
Focus Blast
Endure
Payback
Giga Impact
Avalanche
Stealth Rock
Captivate
Sleep Talk
Natural Gift
Swagger
Substitute
Strength
Rock Smash
Rock Climb

Egg Moves (Ground Egg Group):

Headbutt
Heal Bell
Perish Song
Yawn
Sing
Energy Ball
Ice Ball
Ice Fang
Ice Shard

Move Tutor Moves:

Air Cutter
Icy Wind
Knock Off
Ominous Wind
Zen Headbutt
Helping Hand
Last Resort
Snore
Swift
Uproar
Ancientpower
Aqua Tail
Bounce
Endeavor
Iron Head
Mud-slap
Signal Beam

Neherazade

Smash Journeyman
Post #1234tw! Thanks for pointing that out. :bee:

Anywway, I like the Eagerness idea (I have a feeling there's a better word for it). Would ithe X boost last the whole battle (any time the lead Pokemon is sent out), or only the first time the Pokemon is sent out?

And more importantly, what Pokemon will we give it to?
it would only be the first time it is sent out. after that, it is no longer the "first pokemon" anymore.

however... it could be baton passed. Hmmm...

who would have it anyway? maybe some usually weak pokemon who only have one ability as of now. Raticate (does he have one ability?) and such.

and how about an ability that takes effect when the pokemon is the last one on your team. "survivor," maybe? recovers 1/2 HP upon switch-in if the pokemon is the only one remaining.

And as for the one including your fainted pokemon... the same pokemon with "survivor" could learn it. how about... Soul Crash? i'm bad with making names... but it could be a normal/ghost/dark move that grows stronger the more pokemon you have fainted (capping at 130 or something).

Top Bottom