• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
S2J do you still play smash64 online? I just got an N64 to usb hookup so I'm excited :D Melee's better in all but I'll be playing smash64 online in class

D

Deleted member

S2J do you still play smash64 online? I just got an N64 to usb hookup so I'm excited :D Melee's better in all but I'll be playing smash64 online in class
i got bored of it

once i get bored of it it takes me like 2 yrs to become interested in it again

g-regulate

Smash Hero
do you guys often mess with - run off overB canceling on platforms on BF? you just run off left, overB right, cancels into run off overB left, continuously (or, dont run off and it resets you at standing). I had been messing around with it for years but could never find practical uses for the risk involved. you can also upB recovery cancel a platform on BF and then instantly overB cancel the other side while going through it.

the thing that sucks is that if they get in the way and they hit you, the animation halts and leaves you open. sucky

it also works on the top platform of DL (and it usually works 1 time on yoshis platforms for some reason, the timing changes and its harder)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I don't think there's really a use for it, it's too risky for the price of looking cool =P Tipman showed me how to do with Ganon, but.. when he tried some fancy stuff, he gets punched lol. =P

Does both forward B in the air the same speed with Falcon/Ganon? (At least it looks that way)

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Don't bother, it's pure flash. It's kinnnnnda mindgamey if you use it from offstage as a recovery, but even so it's almost never the best option.

You're much better off practicing edgecancels for upB, stomps, uairs, and knees.

Speaking of which, we need to come with a one syllable name for uair and bair. Fist is okay, but uair? It needs to have its own distinct name so when we say it, we know we're referring to Falcon. It needs almost the authority of knee and stomp.

j00t

Smash Champion
I always thought Scar was this guy:

Yes, this post has absolutely no relevance to the topic at hand.

Animal

Smash Lord
powershield, hop over them roll uhh idk just stop bein gehy and knee that ****ttttt

JPOBS

Smash Hero
sheild the laser and then jump out immediately and do a nair

you should catch him before he gets his nair out. this is assuming he's doing late nairs into your sheild. If he's doing the nair early and lettign it cook as he flys through the air with the hitbox out, just sheild grab or WD oos and run away

you could even do a retrating nair oos just to be really safe

Top Bottom