• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Scar

#HarveyDent
but also, SS took a match from m2k's sheik that no other falcon has done in tournament yet...

SS is so random.
wow that's completely false

i have always gone 2-1/3-1 vs M2K's sheik, iirc i've beaten him like 3 times (he ***** me @ genesis 2-0)

hax has beaten M2K's sheik in pools

imo SS is the worst vs sheik he's just really ****ing smart

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
imo

vs marth is turning impossible
vs fox was always impossible
vs jiggs impossible
vs sheik impossible
vs falco kinda impossible

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
it's fun and easy v all characters

because combos are so easy like the other chars have to do a lot more work all we do is dd and grab combo come on guys such babies

legion598

Smash Ace
scar is pretty darn good vs shiek I wouldnt count him out

IMO
marth>kinda fun, not impossible
peach>very fun, nowhere near impossible
fox>could be fun if fox didnt camp all the time>not quite impossible
shiek>I kinda like fighting shiek, not impossible IMO unless its FD or something stupid
puff>not fun at all but also one of the easier MUs in high tier

I didnt even include falco because hes such a ****ing ****** *** ***** mother ****eer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! definately impossible

ganon>no joke

D

Deleted member

Falco is in my opinion the easiest out of Fox/Falco/Shiek

u have to hit them like 4 times and then stomp knee

trading d-air with up-air is amazing since 60% falco equals 120% falcon

the only problem is if falco does everything in his power to be a douchebag, otherwise its not too bad

tech chasing is not bad either, even though falco rolls a little longer 80% of falcos will spot dodge so u just knee in place

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
tech chasing is not bad either, even though falco rolls a little longer 80% of falcos will spot dodge so u just knee in place
man i miss when everybody used to spot dodge all the time vs me

people around here just dont do that like they used to

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I also think falco is easier than fox and falcon
I think fox is not that bad unless you're on a small map like yoshi's, then it's just insanely hard but never impossible
shiek players for some reason suck when they're scared so that matchup is also doable
a composed shiek is pretty impossible though

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
scar/darkrain/hax/ss we've seen it before cort, @ P4.

picture is toooo good though

got a serious question for you guys
what do you guys do to retain momentum? In a couple of my shout-out matches Im up 4 Stocks to 2 then when the match is over its either a 1stock win or i have 2stocks high %. should i be more DD campy when im in the lead or should I keep up what aggressivness got me to the 2 stock lead?

Scar

#HarveyDent
hits got you the 2-stock lead, not aggressiveness, just bc you got lucky doesn't mean it's going to happen again, and generally if you got hits from being aggressive you did get lucky (or your opponent isn't very good)

so yes, be more campy, you can keep momentum and keep your opponents scared and on the defensive without ever attacking or even really approaching

CF has **** momentum until you commit to a move, and then depending on what happens you either **** or you lost all your momentum, so keep your options open until you can commit to something guaranteed or safe

legion598

Smash Ace
Falco is in my opinion the easiest out of Fox/Falco/Shiek

u have to hit them like 4 times and then stomp knee

trading d-air with up-air is amazing since 60% falco equals 120% falcon

the only problem is if falco does everything in his power to be a douchebag, otherwise its not too bad

Im playing against a falco who does indeed do anything in his power to be a douchbag. im decent against some other falcos but im just assuming that at high level
all falcos are douchbags

on a different note. is nipple spike meteor cancellable? it is called a "spike" after all

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
what do you guys do to retain momentum? In a couple of my shout-out matches Im up 4 Stocks to 2 then when the match is over its either a 1stock win or i have 2stocks high %. should i be more DD campy when im in the lead or should I keep up what aggressivness got me to the 2 stock lead?
play safer and get your hits. if your opponent doesnt disrupt your flow you will keep your momentum, and once you get successful grabs/hits/combos your momentum will keep building. falcon is a fast char but he has to play mad safe to be awesome. more dd'ing

always dd more xD

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a campy player :D If you close in space well, mix up your nairs/uairs/stomps/overshot weak knees/retreating bairs/grabs from powershields/wavedash backwards/dding, you'll be fine.

I think the ease of the match-ups is Falco<Pika<Fox<Sheik. Falco's too easy to gimp and techchase. Pika is outspaceable with aerials (except knee :() if you're patient. Fox is a ***** with his nair train and edgeguarding. Sheik is just a **** with near effortless zero-to-deaths on stage.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
thanks scarduzio/TML/sandbag i mean Jetfour

I don't think Nipple Spike can be MC'ed

ok what do you do if you have the momentum vs falco, you cant DD camp. I know the obvious answer is platform camp, but its not like thats fool proof. (I ban FD against falco, IDK about you guys)

D

Deleted member

thanks scarduzio/TML/sandbag i mean Jetfour

I don't think Nipple Spike can be MC'ed

ok what do you do if you have the momentum vs falco, you cant DD camp. I know the obvious answer is platform camp, but its not like thats fool proof. (I ban FD against falco, IDK about you guys)
DON't Ban FD vs Falco (imo)

the falcon secret to stomping dum falcos on FD is to full hop fast-fall n-air across the screen as they laser camp like a n00b

PEEF!

Smash Hero
i don't feel that my greatness has been emphasized enough
It would be if you were coming to POE3. All the old-schoolers will be there to cheer you on.

DON't Ban FD vs Falco (imo)

the falcon secret to stomping dum falcos on FD is to full hop fast-fall n-air across the screen as they laser camp like a n00b
Utilt?

I wouldn't ban it against Falco personally because everything is simplified, and Falco can do more useful things with platforms, but some Falcos have better FD combo gamez. (Think Darkrain vs. Zhu 2)

D

Deleted member

if they uptilt smash DI it so you go half way across the screen and don't get comboed

it's good though trust me but not when you are being stupidly obvious

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Im playing against a falco who does indeed do anything in his power to be a douchbag. im decent against some other falcos but im just assuming that at high level
all falcos are douchbags

on a different note. is nipple spike meteor cancellable? it is called a "spike" after all
I lolll'ed =)

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
Nipple spikes cannot be cancelled, but it's fairly difficult to land them intentionally... I've been working on different grab and tilt combos to nipple gimps at different percentages right now, not impossible just difficult.

Top Bottom