• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Muppets Mafia | Game Over! Who lived happily ever after in Muppet Land?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Daww this game was uberfun, til that stupid cop came in and ruined it. Could've even gotten him lynched if it wasn't for guus being so quick.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Wow, BY, I was so going to get your ***. Then I read you were.
Remember that long *** post where you explained all voting behaviour? You didn't think of the fact that this night I voted for you :bee:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
But... but... then... were you saying me and SSBF so that scum would think that everyone thinks I'm scum and not night kill me? If so, then that was a great move (so great I think everyone fell for it) :p

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
how did you know I was scum?????? I don't think I did anything that scummy :(

and sorry for calling you useless BY. you're a very dedicated player but I had to try and make you look bad ^__^

...darn... you suck S2.... you suck real good. grumble grumble....

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
how did you know I was scum?????? I don't think I did anything that scummy :(
This was the dead giveaway, bro. You didn't do anything scummy, yes... but you didn't do anything townie either. In fact, you really didn't do anything. Which is exactly what I would expect from ScumRB. I followed your entire game in Tales of Townies, and this game, your behavior matched what I saw in there. I watched you really closely as town in Captain Planet mafia, since your behavior was worrying me in that game, and it's just entirely different from your scum play.

You're a bit too easy to meta... and I know you too well I guess. I ain't Mayling, I don't trust people(especially you) like she does.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
My name is Clownbot.

Xonar (Statler, Mafia Goon)
And I got Punk'd. Well played, Xonar.

Gheb, you were a great mod and this game was fun while it lasted. Sorry for /outing. :ohwell:

Sold, you did a good job. Thanks for replacing on short notice and nice work on lynching the last scum. :)

SRB, I'm assuming you roleblocked Sold the Night of Swords's death. How did you know he was Doc?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
The fact that I was roleblocked that night tipped me off and started my suspicions before I was even in the game, really. Why would any scum roleblock ME, especially seeing as I just came in and was blurting out "I know nothing of what's happened, I'm clueless lol." SRB was the only person I could imagine that would want to block me (maybe he meta'd how I play doctor or just know that I'm dating the RNG.)

When I made that picture for the magic 8 ball, it actually took me about 6 tries for it to say "Definitely." Every try before that was "Unclear, ask again later" or "Maybe," but those wouldn't make very good jokes.

@Mayling, I actually was talking about Tales of Townies, not this game. Remember, I didn't read over D1, so I have no idea what your suspects were. lol :p.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
SRB, I'm assuming you roleblocked Sold the Night of Swords's death. How did you know he was Doc?
as scum I have a tendency to know who the doctor is on day 1 ^___^

seriously, ask Xonar, one of my first messages to him was like "I don't know who we should kill but clownbot is giving me a doc/seer vibe" so I chose to roleblock him for the rest of the game. hehehe :chuckle:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

Soaring-raptor-blast (Gonzo, Mafia Roleblocker) has been lynched!

---

Hey kids it's me again Scooter and for once I have good news for you. Yes, that's right you just got the last one of the bad guys. That means that you won the game!

---

Blue Yoshi (Dr. Bunsen Honeydew - Vanilla Townie) and Sold2 (Fozzie Bear - Town Doctor) have survived.

GAME OVER, TOWN WINS!

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This game was intended to be simple to play and host and as such it worked out perfectly. I felt like recently many games were too much serious business instead of entertaining and that's where I started with the idea of adding sillyness into a very simple set-up. I don't quite remember how I got the idea of having a king elected (usually there is a role that choses the king) but I instantly loved the it and I'm glad it worked out so well.

I gave a posting restriction to everybody except Kermit (SSBF) mainly for additional flavour sillyness but it also turned out to make things a bit more spicy:
Swords ended up being a "stupid" cop, who's bad at expressing himself. I found it hilarious because Swords not only had a harder time sharing his information but he was also more likely to be ignored than the other players.
Clownbot / Sold2 ended up being the "joker" Fozzie Bear. He was forced to crack at least 3 bad jokes each day, which could've drawn lots of attention to the town doctor (something they usually try to avoid) but I think he did quite a good job making his restriction unnoticable, which turned out to be very benefitial for the town.
The third posting restriction that stuck out to me (but to nobody else) was Raptor - as Gonzo the attentionwhore - having to be quoted at least 3 times each day there was no way for him to stay under the radar. Ironically, he never managed to fulfil his requirement and therefore he was never allowed to vote for a king. He would've been forced to draw lots of attention to himself so it was kind of a lose / lose situation for him but nothing gamebreaking.

The punishment for not following the restriction was simply that you couldn't vote for a king if you don't follow it. SSBF was the "last resort" voter in the very unlikely case that everybody breaks his restriction he would've been the only one who could always vote. Everybody else had a restriction he had to follow throughout the game.

I'd like to thank everybody who joined and Sold2 in particular for replacing in. I'm glad that you all enjoyed playing a game of mafia, that was meant to be simple but entertaining. I was pleased with activity throughout the game, which is why I stopped doing activity counts very early. You all helped me to make this a great game. Thank you.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
My posting restriction was that I could not quote people in any way (didn't quote day 1 or 2, but quoted day 3 and 4). This was a major reason why my "big post" never arrived... until the end of the game. I also noticed that SRB's massive wall of text post at the end of the game (the one that summarized my entire play the entire game... the extremely long one that was an absolute pain to counter... partly because I had to go to each of my own posts and quote them myself since the quote button didn't include them) ended before I started quoting day 3. So... maybe I played a good townie from that point on or something :)

Could we get a night action summary or something as well? I'm curious as to how everyone voted for king.

Actually... this makes the last vote... not make sense?

4 people remained at the end of the game: me, SRB, Sold2, and Guus (I know you changed your name, but I'll call you Guus to avoid confusion).

I couldn't vote, since I quoted day 3 (many times).

SRB couldn't vote... according to Gheb. "he never managed to fulfil his requirement and therefore he was never allowed to vote for a king".

This leaves Sold2, and Guus. Sold2 became king, so he had to have gotten the most votes (or tie). However, he could not vote for himself (and he said himself he voted for Guus...).

Which means Guus, you said you voted me (when the game was over), but that would have meant that I would have gotten king... but Sold2 got king, meaning you could have only voted for Sold2. Haha even when the game's over, you lied about who you voted for :p

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I need to doublecheck that but I'm p. sure I got it all right.

Also, to answer your earlier questions: in case of a tie the person who got more votes the night(s) before wins the election.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Nope, I'm 100% certain I voted you.
No, I think what happened is that I forgot to do my posting restriction in a couple of posts, so my vote didn't count either. Sold2 had the most votes of you guys before, so he was king.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nope, I'm 100% certain I voted you.
No, I think what happened is that I forgot to do my posting restriction in a couple of posts, so my vote didn't count either. Sold2 had the most votes of you guys before, so he was king.
Actually now that you mention it this might've been the case.

Or I didn't count your vote because you were killed. I'll check later when I'm not lazy busy.

D

Deleted member

I think I did pretty decently in this game. At least I didn't ask to die and I did try in the game.

@Gheb 01: Why didn't you give me a posting restriction? I'm wondering.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
SSBF, it was just in the very unlikely case that nobody turned out able to vote. At least one vote is needed for the king so I excluded the possibility of nobody being able to vote at all.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
This game was awesome.
I had the best posting restriction ever, I got to flame people under the guise of a posting restriction!
Beside that, I managed to lynch a somewhat obvtown on D1 and almost got away with it, wouldn't it have been for stupid Swords and Guus, Guus you should wait so I can falseclaim : (
Oh and N1 was fun, got to kill TPK N1 again! Yesh!
This game was honestly just a test of how far I can go, and honestly, you guys let me go waaaaaaaaaay to far, to the point of almost not lynching me, I think Guus would've killed Swords first if I claimed tbh.

Thanks a lot for hosting, Gheb! :3

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not my fault SRB is a dirty liar who doesn't know the true meaning of pinky promises!!!

Also, I have to admit... almost weaseling your way out of lynch d2 was pretty good, xonar. I didn't read the posts thoroughly, but I got the general gist that they were going to let you live, so I don't know HOW you did it... I just remembering thinking WTF. REALLY?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I honestly detest being scum the most of anything in this game. I have at least 60-70% scumrate right now and I still never really got good at being scum.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I honestly detest being scum the most of anything in this game. I have at least 60-70% scumrate right now and I still never really got good at being scum.
I have a 0% scumrate. Out of the (about) 6 games I`ve joined, I have never been scum. There is a pattern here... I'm always town (or a town-aligned indy...). So... yeah. Don't lynch me because I am always town :p

And don't worry, I'm not in any other games at the moment (joining the large one, but don't have my role yet), so you can't use this against me in any games yet :p

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
My town-rate/scum-rate depends on where I'm playing. Around here I have something like a 20% scum-rate, which I think is around what the average should be.
On AIMafia? I have a 80% indy rate, the other 20 is split between scum and town. No joke, ask any other KY player lol...

This was a fun game, thanks for inviting me Gheb and it was cool playing with all you. This game felt like it had a lot of relatively new players in it, and I love playing with new players. Though I'm a terrible mafia-role-model... so I never wanna sign up as IC or SE or anything else like that anywhere.

Blue Yoshi, let's get some 64 going omg.

D

Deleted member

What exactly is indy? Can someone explain it to me?

Out of all the games I'm dead in, I've only been scum once in Smash Bros. Mafia. I'll do the math myself, no need for help.

Top Bottom