• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Muppets Mafia | Game Over! Who lived happily ever after in Muppet Land?

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
SRB, I agree with S2, you play way safer than I've seen you play before (I've seen you in 1-2 other games). Your semi-lurking isn't characteristic to this game.
I'm... sorry I don't quite understand. do you mean I'm less active than you've seen me in other games?

On my reread I convinced myself that SSBF is scummier than SRB, sorry. I'm confident in this.

But if you want a delivery anyways, SRB you been useless since D1 man! I think I counted like a maximum of 5 posts of yours in D1. Hey hey, what's the difference between a rock and SRB? You don't have to ask the rock if he's useless!

Also, my formatting on my guess at the set-up got messed up in the above post. 5 or 6 vanillas, 1 cop, 2 mafia. If 5 vanillas, theres probably 1 doctor and 1 mafia roleblocker.
ooh hot and fresh, right out the oven :bee:

and point taken. I guess I could have been more productive, but if you've seen my scum play, you'd be my best friend if you thought I was being useless. worst townie ever, :chuckle:

and agreed on SSBF... even though a blue yoshi lynch would be nice too. I couldn't argue with either.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
SRB I've watched you be scum and you be townie plenty. You may not know it, but I stalk all the AIB games, as well as a few of the SWF games. On top of that, all the AIM games we played... and you get the point.

You're the worst townie ever because you do A LOT of different things, some good some bad. All over the place. But as scum, you're quiet and softspoken.

As much as my meta would say you fit under the scum portion, no, I say SSBF. There's a few things D1 he said that caught my attention, and one inspecific that I found extremely odd but don't want to point out for his own benefit if I'm wrong.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'd just like to point out that Unintended Consequences is more active than this game, and that game has been done for a week...

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I have nothing to add.
SRB, I mean exactly that.

For the rest of you, not posting is fine too, it's called running the clock and definitly influences my decision. I know you have lives but 15 hours is a tad long.
BY, SRB, SSBF, you're all lynch-candidates though I'm telling you who until at least tomorrow.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
SRB I've watched you be scum and you be townie plenty. You may not know it, but I stalk all the AIB games, as well as a few of the SWF games. On top of that, all the AIM games we played... and you get the point.

You're the worst townie ever because you do A LOT of different things, some good some bad. All over the place. But as scum, you're quiet and softspoken.

As much as my meta would say you fit under the scum portion, no, I say SSBF. There's a few things D1 he said that caught my attention, and one inspecific that I found extremely odd but don't want to point out for his own benefit if I'm wrong.
I'm honored you stalk me :>

but really, the only game I've been scum in was tales of the townies, and I'd argue I was an active scum hunter in that game. I made pretty much every other post in that game. i thought I was good scum. definitely my favorite game. but I accept that I'm a bad townie because unless I'm scum or a power role, I dont usually have the motivation to be a big help... as lazy as that sounds... So i think my play in this game thus far would be a pretty good indicator of what my role is.

SRB, I mean exactly that.
sorry. I admit I haven't been super active, but like I said above, that's kind of a good thing for me. I don't have as much passion for the games that I have a crap role in. (i.e. plain vanilla)

and even so, I don't see how that puts me on the same plane as BY and SSBF. those guys actually have arguments against them, where as the one against me is pretty much just, "you aren't very active".

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I've already stated who I think should be lynched... (SSBF).

Anyways... not to make it sound bad, but I've tried to increase activity in this game... but if no one else is going to try to make this game active, then... well...

What we probably need is something to discuss, or something to happen, so that people have a reason to post... so... maybe Guus state your top suspect (not necessarily 100% lynching, but just something) so that we have something to discuss...

I don't know... we're not discussing anything other than this game's inactivity... lets get some sort of useful discussion going...

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
You and SSBF are the most probably candidates.
This game is moving slower than a Slaking. I'm going to lynch partially based on how inactive people are. You can't just sit back now, attempt to make a case on someone.

SSBF, who is your top suspect and state why.
Actually, this question goes to everyone who is willing to answer it.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
SRB, you're cool for now. I'm watching you though.

SSBF is my top subject. Reading over D1, I really didn't like how he jumped around and the silly distractions he made like the questions that barely had anything to do with the game. Recent behavior has been better, to be fair. I think he should be lynched, but first I'd like for him to claim.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
hmm.... I really likes SSBF's wall but there was some points where you just completely missed the point of some of the things I said. maybe that's why i seem useless. I've done a lot of hinting and no one seems to really understand it.

after that, i'm thinking blue yoshi jumps ahead on my list. I don't like how he posts a lot of fluff and filler.,I don't like the empty promises of cases that never seem to come, I don't like setting up easy outs for himself by preemptively defending contradictions that he hasn't even made yet. (we remember this, yes?)

I think blue yoshi would be a fine lynch

my top suspect is still Blue Yoshi. He posts a lot of fluff, filler, and many of his posts are pointless and obviously made just to make a post and trying to look like the most active player. most active does not = most helpful and it seems that what he is trying to go for. he also always encourages people to reread and never seems to do it himself. if he is scum he doesn't have to reread, but by encouraging it from other people he looks protown, while at the same time contributing nothing.

there was also the post he made suggesting we ignore him if he contradicts himself, and just give him a free pass if he ever drops a scumtell. I really didn't like that post at all. vibe wise, he just seems more scummy than SSBF, but SSBF is a close second.

I would be fine with a lynch of blue yoshi or SSBF. my vote is for blue yoshi though.

and um... someone should be my rainbow and quote this post :bee:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Ah... as lovely as that would be, I don't want to be your rainbow. Why should I quote it anyways?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
If someones going to quote you, it's not me. I don't trust you enough lol. Instincts keep telling me is trap.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I'll be your rainbow... and for reasons I cannot explain, it is extremely ironic (hint hint) that I am the one to do it ;)

there was also the post he made suggesting we ignore him if he contradicts himself, and just give him a free pass if he ever drops a scumtell. I really didn't like that post at all. vibe wise, he just seems more scummy than SSBF, but SSBF is a close second.
That's not what I meant at all... but I can see how that can be interpreted. What I meant was that if I do something extremely obvious that makes no sense (like my typical start every game with a self-vote), then that's just me fooling around. If I do something that's a possible scumtell, then follow it up. Sorry for not being specific, but... well... hopefully that clears it up.

So seeing as stating the obvious is what is making me scummy, why not state the obvious right now? :p

Me and SSBF obviously can't vote for ourselves (well... I could... but I won't), so our votes cancel out. S2 is voting for SSBF and SRB is voting for me, so they cancel out. So... I guess that means Guus, it's 2-2 between the two of us, so... that's your vote count :p

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Well, I'll claim Vanilla Townie. I "semi-claimed" thousands of time that I was a vanilla townie... and now time to find my posts proving it... brb...

And it`s really starting to get annoying to have to go back a page to post something:

1. Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please reload the window.
I can't post on the most recent page for some reason...

anyways, off to find the proof before I get lynched :)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
haha lol good reasons ssbf :p

1. It was a joke. None of the roles were serious in any way, nor were they what I thought. If it was what I thought, you would have been a mafia role, and not town idiot (or whatever I posted). I posted you as town idiot as a joke, as me and basically everyone else thought you were mafia. The only role that was serious of the entire bunch was the one I wrote for myself... ;)

2. I don't think you got the point at all. Yes, I was serious, but I was fishing for mafia roles. I have a feeling all townies have a posting restriction, meaning if anyone were to say they did not have a posting restriction, there's a fairly confirmed mafia member. That said, I think it's safe to say that anyone who has had a posting restriction of some kind can be semi-cleared as townie. If I'm wrong, then I'm dumb :p

And I don't think everyone with a posting restriction has a power role. Just everyone who is town does.

At least that's my thoughts...
you somewhat answered that question yourself in your question. I didn't come to that conclusion as "this must be true", it was just an idea, and if one or two people had no posting restrictions, then... well, makes the theory more plausible.

Also, I'm 100% fine with SSBF dying today. In his long post... well, lets just say he quotes me, then responds to it as if I said the opposite. I said PEOPLE WITHOUT POSTING RESTRICTIONS SHOULD REPLY, and in his post, he changed it to PEOPLE WITH POSTING RESTRICTIONS SHOULD REPLY. He based his entire argument (or so it seemed) off of his modification of my post... just re-read what he quoted, and re-read his post, and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. And apparently he did not mis-read my post at all... ;)

Also, just as all of you guys are saying having a posting restriction doesn't necessarily means instant townie, remember that posting restriction doesn't necessarily mean power role either.
Well, the people with power roles are really making it easy to see who they are.

I'll repeat myself for the 100000th time...

Just because someone has a posting restriction doesn't mean they have a power role. They could simply be Vanilla Townies or something...
edit (ninja'd)

Well... still, his post completely contradicts my posts. He's basically putting words into my mouth (if you know what I mean). The only reason why I did that was to try to get non-posting-restriction roles to post. People with posting restrictions would not be revealed in any way through this (well... they wouldn't respond to the post, but then again, that doesn't mean people with no posting restrictions wouldn't respond either, so that doesn't reveal anything). But if you re-read his posts, he makes it sound like I'm trying to find out who has posting restrictions (and therefore, who has power roles... but as I said many times before, posting restrictions does not mean power roles necessarily).

Just... re-read all my posts, then re-read all his posts, and you'll see what I mean.
I'll say this for the millionth time:

Just because someone has a posting restriction doesn't mean they have a power ranking. they may be just a simple vanilla townie...

and SSBF, the two things I can see that you may use to consider me scummy are my self-vote at the start, and my attempt at finding out who does not have a posting restriction. The self-vote... well, I do it every game, so that should not be a scumtell in any way. However, there was a mis-understanding with the Posting Restriction part of the day, which I can see why you could use that against me, but... well, the self-vote is not a scumtell at all. Actually, off-topic, but on-topic, I really want to give myself an infraction for anything just for the fun of it (or even a warning), but I can't :(

My pinky hurts from typing...
Well, that's all the posts I can find where I stated I had... well... you know ;)... and claimed vanilla townie.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Also, consider I was one of the first people to want a Xonar lynch (I stated I found him scummy in day 1, and continued to pursue him since then... if I remember right, I was the second person to state to everyone that they found him scummy... though I thought he was scummy way before that... but was afraid to say it because he was king and could kill me for finding him scummy). But that said, I was one of the first people to find him scummy, and he turned out to be scum.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Also, consider I was one of the first people to want a Xonar lynch (I stated I found him scummy in day 1, and continued to pursue him since then... if I remember right, I was the second person to state to everyone that they found him scummy... though I thought he was scummy way before that... but was afraid to say it because he was king and could kill me for finding him scummy). But that said, I was one of the first people to find him scummy, and he turned out to be scum.
No, that were McMaysmays and me who were against Xonar. Then you followed because we were already "attacking him".

Also, in the posts I quoted, I don't see ****. I see you being a broken record though.
What you say over and over could also be said by scum. Scum wouldn't say "OH BUT I WAS LOOKING FOR POWER ROLES!"
It's also awkward that you have a certain breadcrumb made for a situation where you have to backup a VANILLA townie claim. I must say, I have never seen this. Are you that eager to prove it? I guess you are.

-Your beautiful quing Guus.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I was stating that posting restriction does not necessarily equate to power role, and when no one got the hint that I was a vanilla, I started stating that posting restrictions may be vanilla townies as well, trying to get someone to get the hint that I'm a vanilla townie with... well, you know ;)

If I'm lynched today, my money's on SSBF being the last mafia player.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I didn't notice you having a post restriction, so I couldn't really find the connection, but thanks for clearing up.
I'll remember SSBF being your remaining scum suspect :)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Guus... just letting you know, you still haven't lynched me yet (from your 466, it sounded like you think you already lynched me.. or are convinced you're going to lynch me).

Anyways... if I do survive today, I won't be taking part in the king vote ;)

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I know that I haven't lynched you yet, I still have one day.

Before I lynch you, where the fudge is SSBF with anything memorable the past few days?

-Your beautiful quing Guus

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
@Blue Yoshi, your vanilla townie breadcrumbing is useless and unneeded. Scum can breadcrumb just as well as a townie can, and vanilla is the easiest role for scum to claim.

I still object to the Blue lynch, though.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I'll opt for a SSBF lynch if he doesn't say anything that could make me think otherwise by the time I have to lynch.

-Your beautiful quing Guus.

D

Deleted member

@Blue Yoshi: What was the purpose of digging through your older post and saying how you semi-claimed vinalla townie? I really don't understand what semi-claiming is suppose to mean, so that makes no sense.

Also, taking part in the last king election (If there's one) is anti-town. It shows that you don't care who should be king. If no one votes, we don't get a King and I wouldn't be surprise if scum won because of that.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I'll be honest, I see nothing useful in your post at all. You're trying to completely discredit my post by saying it simply "makes no sense". Also, your second paragraph is just a huge contradiction in itself. It is quite clear that you do not have a posting restriction of any type (if I'm right, you're the only one of everyone left who does not have a posting restriction).

D

Deleted member

Why are you still going about posting restrictions? That was a dead deal a long time ago.

Also, explain why my 2nd part of that post is contradicting? I have voted for kings before Day 1 started, during Night 1, and during Night 2. If I live, I will most certainly be doing the same thing.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Also, taking part in the last king election (If there's one) is anti-town. It shows that you don't care who should be king. If no one votes, we don't get a King and I wouldn't be surprise if scum won because of that.
"Taking part in the last king election is anti-town." So basically, voting for king is anti-town.

"It shows that you don't care who should be king." So... voting for a king shows you don't care who should be king?

"If no one votes, we don't get a King and I wouldn't be surprised if scum won because of that."

8. If there's a tie during the election of the King, the player who received more votes in the previous election will be the King.
So tell me where your post does not contradict itself?

Top Bottom