• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Muppets Mafia | Game Over! Who lived happily ever after in Muppet Land?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Re-reading today's posts (heading to bed in 10 minutes), SSBF has contradicted himself quite a bit today.

@Blue Yoshi: Regarding me putting me you as null, like I said, I found you the most suspicious at Day 1. However, you have improved yourself considerably since then, so you're currently off my suspect list.

Your defense are okay, thought, as I'm willing to accept that.
He does not think I'm scum (well... not town either... more neutral).

... you're not supposed to talk about your posting restriction...
Very hypocritical of you to say that. At Day 1, it was blatantly obvious that you asked people with posting restrictions to post. We had an big argument about this and neither of us got anything good.

Why are you saying we shouldn't do posting restrictions (I agree) when you were guilty of the same thing?
He takes my post completely out of context, contradicts himself in his reasoning along the way.

@Blue Yoshi: Darn it, I mean WITHOUT posting restriction. I tend to get mixed up a LOT.
Tries to fix his contradiction.

@Blue Yoshi: What was the purpose of digging through your older post and saying how you semi-claimed vinalla townie? I really don't understand what semi-claiming is suppose to mean, so that makes no sense.

Also, taking part in the last king election (If there's one) is anti-town. It shows that you don't care who should be king. If no one votes, we don't get a King and I wouldn't be surprise if scum won because of that.
Already explained why this post contradicts itself.

So yeah... SSBF has done alot of contradicting... just thought I'd point that out. He has made very little useful posts since his big post... actually, it's basically all fluff and contradictions... except for one post where he claims vanilla townie. Otherwise, all of his posts since his big post have been just horrible.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Oh wow!

I'll be honest, I thought you'd wait for him to respond before you would lynch him...

But still, I thought you were 100% going for me, so I was quite surprised there. I was pleading my case on SSBF, thinking I'd be dead today, but at least get some suspiscion on him for tomorrow (so I at least do something useful before I die), but that works too :p

Well... now after everything I said, hopefully he does turn up scum... otherwise I'm probably in a very bad place :p

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Well, it depends on who is king tomorrow. I hope he's scum as well, I know who I'd lynch otherwise.

Yea, I was gonna go for you, but I stuck with my word. I'd opt for a SSBF lynch if he didn't post anything to change my mind. All I saw was making others look suspicious. At least you tried.

-Your beautiful quing Guus

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

Super Smash Bros. Fan (Kermit - Vanilla Townie) has been lynched!

Night 3 begins. Night actions and King Votes are due May 7th Midnight CET.

:059:

D

Deleted member

Well, at least that means I have to visit less Mafia games.

But anyway, Go Town!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

Hey guys it's me again and I have BAD news for you. But first of all: What were you thinking to lynch my friend Kermit?!? Do you seriosuly think the star of the show a frog would EVER be a bad guy? It seems like I have had way too much faith in you guys because you still have not taken care of the mafia. Wanna know why I know? That's why:

Guus (Miss Piggy - Vanilla Townie) has been killed in the night.

Can you believe it? What impudence does it take to kill a lady like her? We're dealing with some bad, bad guys so you're supposed to get rid of them. I really count on you being able to erase the mafia from this village since there are only 3 people left. So get your act together and show me that I was right to trust you.

SOLD2 HAS BEEN VOTED AS THE NEW KING

Day 4 starts - Deadline: May 16th

:059:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
So it comes down to Blue Yoshi and SRB, correct? (I'm not lynching myself, obviously.)

Both my instinct and my coin flip tells me that it's SRB! SRB, please go ahead and claim, since this is obviously going to be the final day, there's nothing left to hide.

BY, what's your opinion on SSBF's flip.

SRB, where were you during the end of D3.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
I figured Guus would be killed, if he was king again he probably would have lynched blue yoshi. the fact that S2 hasn't ended the game means he is town, so the scum is blue Yoshi. I know this for a fact.

I am a vanilla townie. (*gasps*) I don't think we can character claim but idk. will check my role pm later.

and S2, it was finals week, brah. you live near UK, right? busy busy times.

you would seriously base the outcome of this game on a coin flip and instincts?? if you don't lynch By after all the scum tells he has dropped I will seriously lose all respect for you. I'm so surprised you are leaning toward me after all this. I know I don't have a say in it, but i voted you for king because I knew BY was the scum and guus would probably be killed because we would've won by now had he been re-elected. I have faith in you, S2. if you want evidence or something hit me up, but it really should be obvious by now. it was obvious yesterday and the day before that.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
lol SRB. Finals week is legit enough, but you gotta tell us these things...
I don't care about character claim.

Major appeal to emotion in your post, SRB. Losing respect and all that garbage. Don't doubt my coin flipstincts. If you're so confident BY is scum, I don't see why you would have elected me and not have abstained from voting all together. Not voting at all would be the most likely way to get yourself kinged. I was originally thinking of not voting last night, so that Guus would vote me and I would likely tie for king, or get it myself.

By the way, there is a doctor and a mafia roleblocker in this game. Guess which I am and what happened to me.

You claim to have evidence, so please bring it to the table. Your sole objective at this point is to convince me that you are the townie, and that Blue Yoshi is the mafia roleblocker. Vice versa applies to Blue Yoshi. It's going to take a lot more than "baawww please S2, lynch BY!"

PS: Something I like about being a king, I can lynch someone with no reason if I feel like it... Nobody is going to accuse me of bandwagoning lol.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Seeing as we don't have to vote for a king anymore, no one will have to worry about... well... *cough* you know ;). So, that said, I can disobey Gheb :p

BY, what's your opinion on SSBF's flip.
To be completely honest, I was surprised. I was so confident he was scum, I really meant it when I said "I'll bet my game life on it". Well, if you want to take me up on that bet, you have an easy lynch ;)

As for SRB's post... well, it's dead easy to state counter-arguments.

I figured Guus would be killed, if he was king again he probably would have lynched blue yoshi.
Lets break the vote down, and what would be the best person to nightkill if each of us were scum. I'll finish this off with what would happen if each of us were scum, but I'll start it off with what is the same for both.

In terms of scumminess/townness, Guus was virtually confirmed town, while I was the scummest player left of the four (though S2 said yesterday he finds SRB suspiscious, and objected to my lynch on that day... so that should be taken note of).

Now lets go to each person's individual votes.

I could not vote... for reasons I had already stated.

S2 (confirmed town) would probably very likely vote for Guus. Neither one of the two of us would be townie enough for S2 to trust a vote on us, so... well, his only smart option is Guus. (consider the fact that if scum were voted as king, the game is over... so it would not be in S2's best interest to vote for either of us). Well... S2, if you voted for someone else, then this changes this... anyways, it doesn't affect you now, so you might as well say who you voted for (though from your last post, it sounds like you ended up voting for Guus).

Guus made it very clear he thinks I am the last scum... so he would never vote for me. That leaves S2 and SRB. I don't think he had one of you as confirmed town, so his vote could be considered a toss-up.

I'll go over SRB's vote in a bit, as... well, it depends on his alliance.

That makes the final vote count for king as one vote for Guus, one vote on either S2 or SRB, and SRB's vote.

Ok, now lets consider both possibilities (as in each of me and SRB being scum).

First scenario, I am scum, SRB is town.

SRB said in his post that he knew I was scum, and voted for you (I'll talk more about this later, as there are many things that don't make sense with this). If he were town, then there would be no reason for him to lie about this, so lets assume this is true (remember, this is assuming I am scum and he is town). This would leave the final vote count as one vote for Guus (from S2), one confirmed vote for S2 (from SRB), and a final vote for S2 or SRB from Guus.

The two possible final vote counts are S2 has 2 votes, Guus has 1 vote, meaning S2 is voted as king (provided he is not nightkilled, which he wasn't). Seeing as S2 is king, this is a possible outcome.

The other possibility is a three-way tie between Guus, S2, and SRB, all with 1 vote. Guus was nightkilled, meaning the result of who becomes king depends on who had the most votes in the last election vote between S2 and SRB. Seeing as S2 is king, the only way for this possibility to be plausible is if S2 had the most votes, but this cannot be confirmed, as we don't have everyone here to count the votes. Well... bottom line, no matter how Guus voted, the result would be S2 gets the most votes as king.

I am scum (remember, we are assuming I am scum and SRB is town), so I would get to nightkill someone. Logically, it would seem most likely that SRB and S2 would vote for Guus as king, seeing as he is virtually confirmed town. Guus said that if he were king, he would very likely lynch me (seeing as both me and SSBF were his only two lynch candidates), so logically, it would be in my best interest to nightkill Guus.

So... basically, me as scum and SRB as town would result in Guus nightkilled and S2 voted as town.

Now let's look at the other scenario.

SRB is scum and I am town.

The current vote count is 1 vote for Guus, and 1 vote for S2 or SRB. SRB still has a vote and a nightkill to do (though logically, it would be smart to vote for the person he is night killing, so that he does not have one vote going for someone not him, so his vote can be considered "null". So lets assume, for simplicity's sake, that he does this, so his vote doesn't matter, and only his night kill does). Now lets consider both Guus votes, and see what SRB's best option in each case are (keep in mind that he does not know who Guus votes for).

Lets first assume that Guus voted for S2. Now the current votes are 1 for each Guus and S2. It is now impossible for SRB to be king. Having me in the final 3 as a non-king will make getting him not lynched easier, so it would be in his best interest for him not to vote for me, and not to kill me. So basically, he has the ability to decide who is king, and who is lynched between the two mentioned (S2 and Guus). As far as which would most benifit himself, Guus said that SSBF and I were his top two suspects, so odds would be that if Guus were king, he would lynch me. S2, however, stated yesterday that he found SRB suspiscious, and was against Guus lynching me (preferred a SSBF lynch, whether because he thought I was town, or that SSBF seemed more scummy than me with me still being scummy, I don't know... but the fact remains that he found SRB suspiscious and wanted me to stay alive). So... it would be a toss-up with S2... maybe more likely that SRB gets lynched. But that said, either way is a toss-up, with a slight more likely chance for said person to get lynched.

Lets now assume that Guus had voted for SRB. This leaves the vote count as one vote for Guus (from S2), and one vote for SRB (from Guus). SRB, being scum (remember, this entire scenario is assuming that SRB is scum and I am town) could use his nightkill on Guus, thus making him as the only person with a vote, thus making him king, thus making him the winner (as scum king can lynch anyone for the win). So bottom line, he can hope for Guus to vote for him, and then nightkill Guus for the win. For completion's sake (for the case where Guus voted for S2), lets see what happens if Guus voted SRB, but SRB night killed S2 instead. Guus and SRB would be tied for votes, but Guus would win the tiebreaker for being the one with the most votes in the last election (he was king, so it is obvious he had the most votes). Guus would more likely lynch me over SRB, as explained above.

So, summary of all of this, and what are the possible outcomes if he night kills each of S2 or Guus:

If he were to lynch S2, the first scenario (Guus voting S2) would result in Guus being king. The second scenario (Guus voting SRB) would also result in Guus being king. So... by lynching S2, he would guarantee that Guus gets king.

If he were to lynch Guus, the first scenario (Guus voting S2) would result in S2 being king. The second scenario (Guus voting SRB) would result in SRB being king, resulting in a win for SRB, since he's scum and king, and... well, he wins.

So, his options is a guaranteed Guus king and S2 night kill, or either a S2 king and Guus night kill or a win. It is quite clear that the second option is better (S2 or a win), since he has a chance to win, and if not, well... either way (with Guus or S2 as king), he'd have to convince them that I am scum and he is town.

So, it would be in his best interest to night kill Guus. However, Guus voted for S2, meaning that S2 became king. (this is an assumption, under the assumption that I am town and SRB is scum).

So that said, whether I am scum, or SRB is scum, Guus being night killed and S2 being voted as king would happen. It would have been in both our best interest to night kill Guus. As for S2 being king, if Guus voted for S2, no matter who was scum between us, S2 would have been voted king. If Guus voted for SRB, it would be impossible for SRB to be scum, while it is plausible for me to be scum (depends on who had more king votes in past elections). But the bottom line is that either one of us could have been scum with the night kill / king outcome.

Basically, the point of this is that the king/nightkill result does not reveal anything about either one of us being scum.

IF THERE IS A FLAW IN MY LOGIC AT ANY POINT, PLEASE POINT IT OUT, AS IT COULD POTENTIALLY CHANGE EVERYTHING.

OK, now that that has all been said, time to move on. lol at one sentence resulting in such a long response to disprove a statement (well... more like prove that that is not the only possible reason for the outcome, as if I were scum, that statement would be true).

the fact that S2 hasn't ended the game means he is town
Ok, this is fairly obvious. S2 is town, so now the last scum is either me or SRB.

so the scum is blue Yoshi. I know this for a fact.
Captain obvious strikes again. If you are town, then yes, this is a fact. If you are scum, then... well, you are trying to convince S2 that I am scum (either way, you are trying to convince him that I am scum). So this makes this statement pointless, as no matter what your alliance is, this is what you are trying to convince S2 to be the current situation.

I am a vanilla townie. (*gasps*) I don't think we can character claim but idk. will check my role pm later.
Ok, once again, if you are town, then you have no reason to lie, and you are a vanilla townie. If you are scum, then... well, I'm the last town, and I claimed vanilla townie, and I have no reason to lie about this, so it would be safe to assume that the last town role is a vanilla townie. So either way, once again, no matter what your alliance is, you would be best off claiming vanilla townie.

and S2, it was finals week, brah. you live near UK, right? busy busy times.
I'll be honest, as a University student myself, I can understand how tough finals can be, so I myself would forgive you for not being able to post much for that. Lol, the first thing I agree with you has nothing to do with the game itself lol.

you would seriously base the outcome of this game on a coin flip and instincts?? if you don't lynch By after all the scum tells he has dropped I will seriously lose all respect for you. I'm so surprised you are leaning toward me after all this.
OMG... lol... probably the worst statement I've seen. He can decide to base the outcome how he likes. Though if I am reading between the lines properly, he did not do a coin-flip or anything, and simply said that to see what your reaction would be (and maybe mine...). If that was the case, then... well, he got quite the reaction lol. I know it's a bad thing to not believe the person that makes the final decision, but I am very confident a coin flip was not used when he made that statement.

Ok, I'm going off on a tangent, but it is completely relevant to what I mean. Here is the season finale of Survivor: Vanuatu (don't worry, I'm only getting you guys to listen to 3 mins of it). Watch Sarge's speech, from 6:40 to 8:40:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09MwZmPaK5w&feature=related

now look at the result, from 3:30 to 4:15 of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkTFbF2QdYs&feature=related

Though I think it's obvious that Chris knew what was going on, but the point still stands. If I'm right, this is exactly what S2 was doing to you... and... well, look at your reaction.

Anyways, moving on:

I know I don't have a say in it, but i voted you for king because I knew BY was the scum and guus would probably be killed because we would've won by now had he been re-elected.
First off, as I proved in the vote/nightkill section at the start of this post, no matter what your alliance is, S2 would be king and Guus would be night killed. However, for the sake of countering your statement, let us assume that you are town. Now, for what it's worth, it would be safefor you to assume that Guus was town. But after that, you would have no idea who between S2 and I were town and which of us were scum. You could have had a hunch, but... well, you could not have been 100% sure. So... well... sorry for going through the "what if" sequence again, but... well, if it helps to prove a point, then might as well.

For the sake of countering your statement, lets first assume it to be true. So, you are town, and you voted for S2. Guus can be assumed confirmed town (we know he is, but at the time, it could be safe to assume), and voted for either S2 or SRB (did not vote for me for reasons stated at the start of the post). According to your assumption, I am scum, and S2 is town. S2 voted for Guus (reason given at the start of the post). I did not have a vote, but (with reason given at the start of the post) would have night killed Guus. So now, the final outcome is 1 vote for Guus from S2 (night killed, so doesn't matter), 1 vote for S2 (from SRB, according to assumption), and 1 vote for either S2 or SRB from Guus (would have not voted for me). So this leaves the two possible outcomes to be two votes for S2, resulting in S2 being king (which is the outcome that arrived), or a tie between S2 and SRB (which would end up being decided by who had the most votes in previous elections. We cannot confirm who would have won this tie-breaker, so this could have gone either way). So that said, either S2 would be king, or there would be a tie-breaker between S2 and SRB. So the final outcome would have likely been S2 king and Guus night killed. Though keep in mind that SRB, even though he was very convinced that I was scum, would not know 100% that S2 was town, so he is very well risking making S2, a still potential scum, the win by making him king.

Now, what doesn't make sense about this is why the vote for S2? Yes, Guus was going to be lynched, but... well, then why not vote for Guus? Here's what would have happened if that was the case: There would have been two votes for Guus (one from S2, and one from SRB), and one vote for either S2 or SRB from Guus. Now, if Guus had voted S2, S2 would have been king again, and we're back to square 1, but had guus voted for SRB, SRB would have been king.

So in summary, assuming your assumption is true, had Guus voted for S2, S2 would be king either way. However, had Guus voted SRB... had SRB voted for S2, it would have been a tie. But had SRB voted for Guus, then SRB would be king. It would be much in SRB's favour to be king than to have S2 be king, because first, him SRB being king is much better than S2 being king, since he is king, and that is always a good thing, but second, it is better for SRB to be king than S2 to be king because he could not be 100% sure that S2 is king.

So... in summary, it would have been a much smarter move on your part if you were town to vote for Guus as king over S2 as king, as the final result would be in your favour.

Now, for the sake of completion, assuming SRB's statement were true (minus assumptions), but S2 would have turned up scum and I were town (we know this isn't true, but for the sake of proving that voting for Guus was, in all cases, a better move on his part than voting for S2):

It is very safe to assume that Guus was town, so it is safe to assume that town would vote for Guus, since he's a safe choice, and they don't have to worry about accidentally voting for scum. So using that logic, it would be in S2's favour to night-kill Guus (and place his vote on him, thus cancelling the vote). Now, we have Guus night-killed (so either way, no matter which of the three of us were scum, Guus was going to be night killed either way). This leaves us with Guus's vote on either S2 or SRB, and SRB's vote on either S2 or Guus. It is clearly obvious that no matter how Guus votes, it would have been a smarter move on SRB's part to vote for Guus than S2, since voting for a "confirmed" town is better than an unknown (which turned out to be scum).

So... in summary, no matter what S2 or my alliance turned out to be, it would have been a smarter move on SRB's part to vote for Guus than it would be to vote for S2.

Actually, for the sake of completion, a question to both S2 and SRB: let us assume that each of you is scum, and it was night time, and you had to pick someone to night kill, who would have you chosen? Could both of you give reasons on why you would have chosen said person over someone else? This is to see if my statements are true. S2, obviously this doesn't affect you, but it's to prove my point. And SRB... well, don't lie, because if you get caught lying, it would be easy to prove that you are scum. I already stated myself that, assuming I am scum, I would have night killed Guus.

Ok, moving on:

I have faith in you, S2. if you want evidence or something hit me up, but it really should be obvious by now. it was obvious yesterday and the day before that.
First off, "I have faith in you, S2" is basically a null statement. I mean... seriously... what is there to gain by that? It's as if you're desperate for him to lynch me. Anyways... no point over analyzing this, so moving on to the rest.

Now is the time for you to provide all the evidence. It's the last day, he is making a final decision. So even if the evidence against me is overwhelming to the point where there is no doubt that I am scum, you should still go find all that evidence, and use it against me here. No matter how obvious this evidence may be, bring it up again.

lol sorry for the incredibly long post, but... well, I proved all of SRB's statements to be obsolete (i.e. pointless, or null statements), or that they are false (either there was a better option, or that the statement simply does not make sense). So... yeah.

Anyways, could both of you answer the question I asked? If you missed it (by skimming or by having forgot about it), it was this:

Assume that you were scum (S2 and SRB). It is night time, and you have to night kill someone, and you are not aware of the voting results / etc. that happened (i.e. you don't know who has voted who). Who would you night kill, and why? Please explain why you would night kill that person over someone else.

S2, I know you are king, and you don't have to defend yourself, but the reason why I ask you to answer this not to defend yourself, but it is because if you were to answer differently from my statement/assumptions used in this post, then... well, it could make my entire statement obsolete (and I'll have to go over it again).

I answered this question stating that assuming I were scum, I would vote for Guus, since first off, he would likely have the most votes for king, and if he did become king, he would very likely lynch me.

Anyways, I think my post is long enough lol (sorry for the extremely long post).

And for the record, this post took me 5 hours to make (started at 11 pm my time, and am posting this at 4 am my time).

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
so it's been quite the busy day. I only had time to read through about half of that argument and you aren't saying ANYTHING! if you were town you would KNOW I was scum and you wouldn't have to assume that I was town. unless you happen to think there are 3 townies left >_>

anyway, was it REALLY necessary to spend like 14 paragraphs about the voting scenarios JUST to reach the conclusion that what you were rambling about was pointless??? you're argument is fluffier than a ocean of baby rabbits and I haven't seen anything so far. just rambling... I will try and read through tomorrow and actually find something to counter.

@S2: yeah i could see how that looks like an appeal to emotion but i was pretty serious about how obvious it is. if you don't lynch him after that last post, I will do a re-read at some point tomorrow and *try* to make a wall... even though i shouldn't have to AND I am not the WoE making type... but oh well.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Assume that you were scum (S2 and SRB). It is night time, and you have to night kill someone, and you are not aware of the voting results / etc. that happened (i.e. you don't know who has voted who). Who would you night kill, and why? Please explain why you would night kill that person over someone else.
First, no need to be sorry for the long post. It's endgame, now's the time I expect to see them. Well organized and simple enough, so no harm. I like that we share a lot of the same thoughts...

As for your question. If I were scum, I would go ahead for the obvious and expected Guus night kill. Between the three of us, I believe I felt the towniest to most of us. I would have expected to be voted king (as I did become) and would ride the easy victory.

On the other hand, if I was SRB and I were scum, I'd probably kill Sold2. I'd expect Guus to be leaning more on Blue Yoshi than SRB (While I, S2 lean more on SRB than Blue Yoshi) so I think that'd be the best way to win endgame as ScumRB. The whole "but someone nKilled Sold2, so it's probably SRB" could be dismissed as WIFOM (as well as most analysis of nkills.)

SRB got some splainin to do.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Ok :p

Well... SRB, to counter your post:

so it's been quite the busy day. I only had time to read through about half of that argument and you aren't saying ANYTHING! if you were town you would KNOW I was scum and you wouldn't have to assume that I was town. unless you happen to think there are 3 townies left >_>
I love how according to you, all my posts are fluff, and you have no reasoning behind your statements, while according to me, all your posts are fluff, and I have a huge wall of text of proof (and I do prove your posts as either fluff or as statements that make no sense, or proven as false).

Anyways, lets put it this way: both of us are trying to convince S2 that we are town and that the other is scum. The one who is town knows the other is scum... that is obvious. The one who is scum has only the other person that he can prove to be scum, so... he will say he knows the other is scum. So that said, saying "I know the other guy is scum" is not really useful, as whether you are town or scum, you'd be saying that (and using that logic, I saw no reason to state that I know you are scum). But just so that you are happy, I KNOW SRB IS SCUM!!!!!!

anyway, was it REALLY necessary to spend like 14 paragraphs about the voting scenarios JUST to reach the conclusion that what you were rambling about was pointless??? you're argument is fluffier than a ocean of baby rabbits and I haven't seen anything so far. just rambling... I will try and read through tomorrow and actually find something to counter.
Another thing I find funny between our methods of countering each other's statements, according to you, all my posts are fluff and pointless, but if you make a legitimate statement, I actually say that it is legitimate (e.g. I agreed with you that I would have night killed Guus if I were scum). And my post was completely legitimate. S2 read the entire thing, and hasn't found anything wrong with it (well... he disagrees with one thing I said, but... well, neither one of us know 100% if it is true...).

Actually, on that topic:

On the other hand, if I was SRB and I were scum, I'd probably kill Sold2. I'd expect Guus to be leaning more on Blue Yoshi than SRB (While I, S2 lean more on SRB than Blue Yoshi) so I think that'd be the best way to win endgame as ScumRB. The whole "but someone nKilled Sold2, so it's probably SRB" could be dismissed as WIFOM (as well as most analysis of nkills.
Hmm... good point. Well, I think your reasoning and my reasoning are both legitimate. My reasoning is basically "taking the king vote into account, who would be the best person to lynch to increase my odds of getting king and winning right here and now", and your reasoning is "who of the two would be more likely to lynch Blue Yoshi over me".

Well... SRB, I'll change my question for you:

Lets assume you are scum, and you have to night kill someone. I think we can say with certainty that you would not night kill me, so lets keep this to only S2 and Guus. List all the advantages and disadvantages you can think of for night killing each of them.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I didn't account for the king vote because I thought it was entirely obvious S2 was going to be king this day. Of course, that's speaking from S2's perspective...

@SRB, you don't need to make a WoE, you simply have to convince me that Blue Yoshi is scum and you're town. WoE is just an effective way of doing this lol.

Also I'd like to seriously tell you both that I did flip a coin and it did land on heads (my "top" subject goes on heads, therefore SRB). I'm being entirely serious. I'm pretty convinced that SRB is scum based on my own thoughts, and BY's behavior. All that I'm waiting for is SRB's attempt to convince me otherwise. The coin is just a stamp on the envelop, so to speak.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Although I do like the outcome of the coin toss, I'll be honest... a coin toss isn't a good way to determine who to lynch. Maybe a good way to determine who to investigate first, but... well... you know what I mean. If I were SRB, and I were lynched because of a coin toss, I wouldn't think it were too fair. If you know what I mean.

I'll wait for SRB to post so that I can respond to his posts... I think I exhausted all of the evidence I can think of for the moment... and am heading to work in 30 minutes (currently on a lunch break), so I don't have time to read anything.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
so I will actually bring evidence at some point but I wanted to address this post first as it urked me..... but I'm not going to lie, it was fun and interactive with the youtube videos and such ^__^

but ahem.

To be completely honest, I was surprised. I was so confident he was scum, I really meant it when I said "I'll bet my game life on it". Well, if you want to take me up on that bet, you have an easy lynch ;)
*glares at S2*

Basically, the point of this is that the king/nightkill result does not reveal anything about either one of us being scum.
...then why did you ramble about it for so long??? you could have just said this one sentence... quality over quantity.

IF THERE IS A FLAW IN MY LOGIC AT ANY POINT, PLEASE POINT IT OUT, AS IT COULD POTENTIALLY CHANGE EVERYTHING.
you didn't take into account that guus' vote may not have been counted since he was killed, AND you just made assumptions at who S2 voted for AND you didn't take into account that you don't HAVE to vote at night.... you can't PROVE anything with assumptions

OK, now that that has all been said, time to move on. lol at one sentence resulting in such a long response to disprove a statement (well... more like prove that that is not the only possible reason for the outcome, as if I were scum, that statement would be true).
again, you didn't PROVE anything... you just made a bunch of assumptions and reached the conclusion that nothing could be proven from the king vote thing.

Ok, this is fairly obvious. S2 is town, so now the last scum is either me or SRB.
and I'm captain obvious?

Captain obvious strikes again. If you are town, then yes, this is a fact. If you are scum, then... well, you are trying to convince S2 that I am scum (either way, you are trying to convince him that I am scum). So this makes this statement pointless, as no matter what your alliance is, this is what you are trying to convince S2 to be the current situation.
no, it's not obvious to S2. he doesn't KNOW you are scum. for him it is between you and I. if I say "the scum is blue Yoshi" it is informing him that you are the scum. I don't see how it's pointless. we know YOU know that you are scum so I wasn't directing that toward you because, yes, THAT would be pointless.

Ok, once again, if you are town, then you have no reason to lie, and you are a vanilla townie.
yes I am :3

OMG... lol... probably the worst statement I've seen. He can decide to base the outcome how he likes. Though if I am reading between the lines properly, he did not do a coin-flip or anything, and simply said that to see what your reaction would be (and maybe mine...). If that was the case, then... well, he got quite the reaction lol. I know it's a bad thing to not believe the person that makes the final decision, but I am very confident a coin flip was not used when he made that statement.
how do you know he didn't use a coin or some random way of choosing between us??? he could have used his lovely girlfriend, the random number generator. would you really be okay with him basing the outcome of this game on a coin flip? that's ridiculous. you are just kissing up. :3

First off, as I proved in the vote/nightkill section at the start of this post, no matter what your alliance is, S2 would be king and Guus would be night killed. However, for the sake of countering your statement, let us assume that you are town. Now, for what it's worth, it would be safefor you to assume that Guus was town. But after that, you would have no idea who between S2 and I were town and which of us were scum. You could have had a hunch, but... well, you could not have been 100% sure. So... well... sorry for going through the "what if" sequence again, but... well, if it helps to prove a point, then might as well.
you didn't PROVE guus would be killed at all... and I wasn't going to assume Guus was town because I honestly wasn't sure. Guus wasn't proven town, and I was personally more confident that S2 was town. I was also more confident that you were the final scum yesterday which is why I knew Guus would be killed. if you were the scum I was pretty sure you would kill Guus because it would be more likely that an S2 king would give you more of a chance and than guus or myself would as king.

So... in summary, it would have been a much smarter move on your part if you were town to vote for Guus as king over S2 as king, as the final result would be in your favour.
no it wouldn't. i had no reason to believe guus was town. I voted for the person i thought was the least scummy because I was almost 100% sure that you were the last scum. i was scared if I had withheld my vote you could have ended up becoming king, so in my mind, a vote for anyone that wasn't you, was a smart vote.

Actually, for the sake of completion, a question to both S2 and SRB: let us assume that each of you is scum, and it was night time, and you had to pick someone to night kill, who would have you chosen? Could both of you give reasons on why you would have chosen said person over someone else? This is to see if my statements are true. S2, obviously this doesn't affect you, but it's to prove my point. And SRB... well, don't lie, because if you get caught lying, it would be easy to prove that you are scum. I already stated myself that, assuming I am scum, I would have night killed Guus.
hmmm... I wouldn't have killed you... It would have made the most sense for me to kill S2 and vote for guus as king. then he probably would have lynched you and if I were scum I would have had this game won by now.

Now is the time for you to provide all the evidence. It's the last day, he is making a final decision. So even if the evidence against me is overwhelming to the point where there is no doubt that I am scum, you should still go find all that evidence, and use it against me here. No matter how obvious this evidence may be, bring it up again.
mmkay

Anyways, I think my post is long enough lol (sorry for the extremely long post).
it could have been a bit more concise, but even though you are scum i really admire the work you put into it. i sure wouldnt spend that much time on a post. good job! :D

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I love how all of your sentences either have a statement implying I am scum, you are a vanilla townie, or my post is pointless. And, for the most part, you provide no useful evidence (in some places, you do, but often you just say "this was pointless" and leave it at that).

From what I can tell, these are the strategies we both are using to get the other lynched:

I am using long proofs (some assumptions that may be false are used... e.g. the votecount part, but I point out these possible flaws in my post), with detailed reasoning behind most of my statements.

You are saying "Blue Yoshi is scum!" as many times as you can, hoping that repeating it will convince S2 that I am scum (90% of your sentences seem to have that).

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
so I will actually bring evidence at some point but I wanted to address this post first as it urked me..... but I'm not going to lie, it was fun and interactive with the youtube videos and such ^__^

but ahem.

*glares at S2*
If you care, this is the coin that I used.

It's from random.org. The Antoninus Pius coin. He is a very persuasive man, and also has a very nice beard. It's not all I base the decision on... but I like it. You all are making way too big of a deal out of this.

you didn't take into account that guus' vote may not have been counted since he was killed, AND you just made assumptions at who S2 voted for AND you didn't take into account that you don't HAVE to vote at night.... you can't PROVE anything with assumptions
I voted Guus. I thought about not voting, but I decided Guus was probably going to die anyways so w/e.

no, it's not obvious to S2. he doesn't KNOW you are scum. for him it is between you and I. if I say "the scum is blue Yoshi" it is informing him that you are the scum. I don't see how it's pointless. we know YOU know that you are scum so I wasn't directing that toward you because, yes, THAT would be pointless.
Actually, it's informing me that you think that Blue Yoshi is the scum, assuming you're not lying with that statement. And I knew you thought he was scum before the day even started. You made it clear enough yesterday, not to mention that he's the only option that you could think is scum toDay.

how do you know he didn't use a coin or some random way of choosing between us??? he could have used his lovely girlfriend, the random number generator. would you really be okay with him basing the outcome of this game on a coin flip? that's ridiculous. you are just kissing up. :3
You never had a problem when I did it in AIMafia...
lol remember that time that I caught GodfatherToday on D1? 5 minutes left to deadline and nobody knows who to pick. Dice rolling is so good. She probably would have won that game too.

no it wouldn't. i had no reason to believe guus was town. I voted for the person i thought was the least scummy because I was almost 100% sure that you were the last scum. i was scared if I had withheld my vote you could have ended up becoming king, so in my mind, a vote for anyone that wasn't you, was a smart vote.
One second....
what... wait, what? You had plenty reason to believe Guus was town! You must have been just as sure that Guus was town, as you were Blue Yoshi is scum (considering only 1 of them could be scum). And to me, that sounded pretty dang sure!

I look forward to your evidence. Wocka Wocka Wocka.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I don't care, it's kinda grown on me. Like some sort of bad fungus!
don't mind me...

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
okay S2. your imminent epiphany on why blue yoshi is scum, lies in the content of this post. please please PLEASE read it thoroughly as I am anxious to march to victory alongside you.

I think we should start the game by removing the dumbest player. There's a new rules format, so anyone who did not read the rules should be killed for being dumb enough not to read the rules.

So that said, I'll start it off the voting process by voting for who I think is the dumbest player in this game:

Vote: Blue Yoshi
his first post

he calls himself the dumbest player in the game, and self votes

calling yourself the dumbest player in the game is a nice way to say "I'm scum, please don't pay attention to what I say. I'm just a cute dumb townie :3"

self voters are always scum.

end him, o' wise king
look at me callin' it right away :chuckle:

ahem! back to bidness

Haha lol I say we should vote for the person who does not read the rules (while doing my usual self-vote first post... which is unfortunate because it doesn't count since votes don't count), and SSBF agrees with me, then votes for me, then asks for a wagon on me?

We have no idea on what the setup may be. Sure that's the standard, but as you've obviously noticed so far this game, this isn't a standard mafia game.

At this point in the game, my read on you going on through the game is the guy who accuses people of random things that may or may not even be scum tells, then raising your town-ness (for want of a better word) by keeping the vote count, etc.

At this point in time, SSBF, you're the most suspiscious player in my opinion.

Since you want to keep track of the vote count, I'll put my vote on you. Vote: SSBF.
pushes suspicion on SSBF for being suspicious of his self vote.

I don't know which game I played with him, but I've played Monster Island (Indy, lost), getting schooled (town, lost), TV stars (town, lost), the Saints one (town cop, lost). My first post of every game includes very suspiscious content, major contradictions, parts which make no sense, and a self-vote (all purposefully added in for the lulz :p).

Hope that answers your question :p
Also, to everyone, I think there has been more than enough talk about past games. So far, two days have past, and only 41 posts have been made since the game started, most about things not related to this game. As great as talking about the usefulness of self-voting and what this guy did in that game, all we are doing is wasting time. So... if you guys don't mind, could we try to keep posts more-or-less related to this game? This way, we can get more scum slips, more pressure wagons, more etc.

At the moment, having conversations about past games gives scum a free post about what this guy did in that game, and can lurk freely while making their one post every day/two days (whatever the limit is).

I'm not saying stop talking about the usefulness of strategies in this game (e.g. keep talking about my self-vote if you want), but... well, lets try to move forward in this game. Basically, we're at a standstill of people either talking about how suspiscious SSBF is for whatever reason or talking about previous self-votes and the outcomes. Lets move forward people :p
this big long post only asks people to talk about how off topic the discussion is. funny thing is, the discussion was brought off topic by his self vote... then he gets to make a huge post that contributes nothing, while looking pro-town by noticing that the discussion is off topic, when it's his fault in the first place.

Guys, Gheb accidentally slipped the roles to me... so here they are:

McMaymays: Town cop
The Paprika Killer: Vanilla Townie
Super Smash Bros. Fan: Town village idiot
soaring-raptor-blast: Town doctor
SwordsRbroken: Mafia goon
Guus: Vanilla Townie
Xonar: Mafia Roleblocker
Clownbot: Mafia voteblocker
Blue Yoshi: Just too darn sexy for this game

Please take this post very serious, as it is a very serious post... well, at least the part about my role... :p
I thought this was funny :chuckle:

there is something to notice though, he is pushing for a SSBF lynch the whooole game so far, yet in his list, he puts him as town... so basically he knows SSBF is town even though he is voting for him. that could be seen as a "scum slip" I think.

Well, I don't have time to read everything (start work in 15 minutes...), but... well, my john for not coming to this game for a while...

For some reason, I was unable to go on smashboards. I don't know if it was because my computer didn't let me, or if smashboards had a problem, but... well, I had a "502 Bad Getaway" or "504 Gateway Time-out" every time I tried.

I'll make a more useful post after work.

Actually, while I'm here, was anyone else unable to go on smashboards for a while?
useless long post. says he doesn't have time to read, and points out that smashboards is down.... which is obvious and did not need to be put in paragraph form

he also asks people to comment on it/ get the discussion off topic

Well, seeing as everyone has been having problems logging on to smashboards, I'm going to request a deadline extention:

Request Deadline Extension without penalty

I don't think we should be penalized because smashboards isn't letting us post...
tries to get town points by being the "we should get a deadline extension" guy

I was actually asking Gheb if he could give us an extension that does not reduce our one deadline extension limit. I guess "no penalty" was the wrong wording... but... well, you get what I mean.

Even if the second day of discussion we have someone who claims to be mafia, I think it's still in town's favour to continue discussion until the limit, then lynch the confirmed mafia player at that time. Think of it as an extension to the next day.
another unnecessarily long, and useless post about deadline extensions

re-reading my post, if it doesn't make sense, don't worry about it. I'm tired, and too lazy to make it make sense at the moment. If anyone wants me to clarify, I can do that tomorrow (unless you all understand it).

enduselesspost

startcountingsheepinthehopesoffallingasleepbecauseiamtired.

ok... /uselesspost :p
useless post about how his last post didn't make sense

@gheb: Thanks. I think that's the fairest thing.

@SwordsRbroken: I have some suspiscions... but I'm going to wait one or two days and see if they are legitimate or not. Saying them now may not be the best time. (I think it will be easier for me to see if I'm right or wrong if the players in question don't know I'm on to them). I'll probably post it tomorrow or Wednesday afternoon.
claims he has suspicions but refuses to share them

Well, if no one else has any suspicions, I'll post mine... though I'd rather wait.

It's also because I don't really have a large amount of time available to give a large description of why... which is what I'd like to do. I'll have basically all of tomorrow free to make a long LONG post.

That said, I gotta go. You'll see what I mean by long (and why I don't have enough time now) tomorrow. I promise :p
says he will post his suspiscions (but doesn't)

promises a "LONG long post"
omg just with the recent posts, most of the people I had thought scum were more confirmed scum, and most of the people I had thought to be town were more confirmed town.

Once Gheb answers a question I asked him, I'll start writing a huge post about my thoughts on everyone in this game so far.
puts off making the LONG long post
Actually... a question to everyone. If you do not have a posting restriction, can you post here indicating that you don't? There's nothing preventing you in doing that. For those of you who have posting restrictions... well... you can't talk about it, so don't answer. Just trying to figure out who does not have a posting restriction...
huh.. this isn't a LONG long post either.

here he goes off on this "I wanna find people with posting restrictions" hunt thing that COMPLETELY distracts the town for a very long time, and gives him stuff to defend against and he continues to contribute nothing

haha lol good reasons ssbf :p

1. It was a joke. None of the roles were serious in any way, nor were they what I thought. If it was what I thought, you would have been a mafia role, and not town idiot (or whatever I posted). I posted you as town idiot as a joke, as me and basically everyone else thought you were mafia. The only role that was serious of the entire bunch was the one I wrote for myself... ;)

2. I don't think you got the point at all. Yes, I was serious, but I was fishing for mafia roles. I have a feeling all townies have a posting restriction, meaning if anyone were to say they did not have a posting restriction, there's a fairly confirmed mafia member. That said, I think it's safe to say that anyone who has had a posting restriction of some kind can be semi-cleared as townie. If I'm wrong, then I'm dumb :p

And I don't think everyone with a posting restriction has a power role. Just everyone who is town does.

At least that's my thoughts...
nothing useful. defends his april fools joke, and his posting restriction thing.

(notice how fluffy these posts are? he's written a book already and hasn't helped the town at all)

isn't mafia role fishing the exact same thing as scum hunting? Sure my method isn't the best, but at least it was a shot in the dark...
defends his posting restriction thing again...

you somewhat answered that question yourself in your question. I didn't come to that conclusion as "this must be true", it was just an idea, and if one or two people had no posting restrictions, then... well, makes the theory more plausible.

Also, I'm 100% fine with SSBF dying today. In his long post... well, lets just say he quotes me, then responds to it as if I said the opposite. I said PEOPLE WITHOUT POSTING RESTRICTIONS SHOULD REPLY, and in his post, he changed it to PEOPLE WITH POSTING RESTRICTIONS SHOULD REPLY. He based his entire argument (or so it seemed) off of his modification of my post... just re-read what he quoted, and re-read his post, and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. And apparently he did not mis-read my post at all... ;)

Also, just as all of you guys are saying having a posting restriction doesn't necessarily means instant townie, remember that posting restriction doesn't necessarily mean power role either.
defends his thing again

says he's okay with SSBF dying

and in the last paragraph pretty much agrees with why people have said his posting restriction hunt was pointless. contradiction.

SSBF, you're changing every single post I make to sound like something different... so for what it's worth, there's no point arguing with you. If you want to continue accusing me, then... well, do it alone.

In one day, we have so much random stuff... maybe one smart person good at mafia games (i.e. not me) could re-read everything and basically figure out who is mafia. I'll re-read as well later, but... well, it's past midnight here, so I'll do it later.
says he will re-read later, but asks someone "smarter" to do it.
I already said I wasn't going to argue anymore.

So... the deadline is this Sunday... but Xonar said he was lynching this Saturday... so we should figure out who we think are the scummiest so that he has an easier decision to make.

Also, off topic, yay, I'm a mod :) (smash 64 forums)
suggests we should agree on a scummy player. still contributing nothing as this is the point of the whole game and didn't need to be stated.

srb, ironically enough, that's the pair I considered to likely be the scum pair since around page 4, and really, both have confirmed my beliefs more and more every time they post.

I didn't want to post who I thought was scummy, since... well, one of the two had the power to instantly kill me (i.e. Xonar) if he chose so. And the other... well, everyone considered him to be extremely scummy (once, about a week ago, he was the confirmed lynch. Now, we have 4 different people up for being lynched, and none have been given a good reason by Xonar).

When I have time, I'll re-read and see if it makes sense having these two as the scum pair for this game... when I have the time... which will probably end up being after this day's over...
before this post I called a scum team of Xonar/SBBF

mcmaymays agreed

now he chimes in and agrees.... is agreeing contributing? if not, he has yet to bring anything useful to the table

says he will re-read (again)
Boo, I'm heading to work, then smashing with a friend... I won't be able to take part in conversations until Sunday :(

But yeah, Xonar/SSBF are looking more and more like a scum team... Xonar making weird posts and trying to vote possibly-scummy-but-not-as-scummy-as-someone-else people. SSBF being scummy for agreeing with everything Xonar says, and... well... we all know what happened earlier this game.
says he will be inactive

agrees more of the idea of Xonar/SSBF scum team
The two people at the moment I find the scummiest are SSBF and Xonar.

But as I said day 1, we might as well go through the entire day... therefore having more time to get someone to accidentally slip.

But, then again, it's the King's choice :p
agrees

rambles
Here are my current thoughts on the possibilities of Xonar and SSBF:

1. Xonar and SSBF are both scum.

This would definitely seem plausible, as both have seemed scummy, SSBF since nearly day 1, and Xonar through relative inactivity throughout day 1, somewhat useless posts, and the lynching of a townie who most thought to be town anyways. However, one thing, thinking about it, that bugs me about this scenario is Xonar heavily defending SSBF as town. Sure, at an initial glance, it would look like an obvious way to try to protect your fellow scum buddy, but as we can see, it is making both of them seem more like a scum pair. Seeing how Xonar has played games before, I don't think he'd be dumb enough to, as scum, try to save his scumbuddy by trying to convince everyone that he is town. Either he made a very obvious mistake... or... well... something isn't right.

2. Xonar is scum, SSBF is town

I'm actually starting to consider this... as, well, Xonar has been completely useless, lynched a semi-confirmed townie, and... well, has just been scummy. SSBF, though making multiple scummy posts, has been tunneled on by everyone (me included), and... well, cracked under the pressure, making him an obvious choice for us to lynch as scum. What makes me think that SSBF is town, however, is, ironically enough, Xonar trying to convince everyone that SSBF is town. Assuming Xonar is scum and SSBF is town (i.e. this scenario #2), it would be a safe move on Xonar's part to try to convince people that SSBF is town, since as he (SSBF) is one of the biggest targets of getting lynched, if he shows up town, it would make Xonar's tell correct, thus giving him more town points. It would be a smart play for scum to do (assuming SSBF gets lynched before Xonar), as it would almost guarantee that Xonar looks townie. As mentioned in my first scenario, Xonar has played games before... so I'm pretty sure he would be smart enough to try to pull this off.

3. Xonar is town, SSBF... doesn't matter... he's either.

If Xonar is town... then so far this game, he's been absolutely useless. He's made multiple mistakes that hindered town by alot... including lynching a semi-confirmed townie. So... that said, it's hard to believe that he's town. Though that said, it's always possible... but I doubt it.

So in summary, I'm very sure that Xonar is scum, but as for SSBF, as stated in my post (particularly #2), I'm not sure what to think of him. Either way, I'm fine with a Xonar lynch, and will give SSBF more thought later. So all that said:

Vote: Xonar
long post exploring the possibilities ... if he thought they were scum, he could have said it much more succinctly, but he choose to fluff it up for town points
I'll say this for the millionth time:

Just because someone has a posting restriction doesn't mean they have a power ranking. they may be just a simple vanilla townie...

and SSBF, the two things I can see that you may use to consider me scummy are my self-vote at the start, and my attempt at finding out who does not have a posting restriction. The self-vote... well, I do it every game, so that should not be a scumtell in any way. However, there was a mis-understanding with the Posting Restriction part of the day, which I can see why you could use that against me, but... well, the self-vote is not a scumtell at all. Actually, off-topic, but on-topic, I really want to give myself an infraction for anything just for the fun of it (or even a warning), but I can't :(

My pinky hurts from typing...
in bold he agrees with point he agrued against for like 8 posts in a row...
I will be away at a brawl tournament this weekend, so I won't be posting until either Sunday night or Monday morning.
says he will be inactive

contributes nothing
I honestly don't know who to call my top suspects anymore. Realizing I've been tunnelling to some extent on SSBF and Xonar, I've re-read some people's posts... and... well... now, I'm going to have to re-read everything to get a better opinion on who I think is scum.

For the moment, my top suspects are still Xonar and SSBF, but... well, that may change after a re-read. The problem is finding a large enough block of time to read all the posts lol (I'll do it either this day or day 3... busy with work / out-of-town family birthday/etc., so may not be able to do it in the next week... though none of this should affect my activity in this game).
two big paragraphs that say "I don't know who to suspect, I need to reread (again)"

fluffity fluff fluff
I don't post too much...
i think this was the first post of a quadruple post

i think you DO post to much when you quadruple post :p
But seriously guys, since my last post, there was only one post in 24 hours... and that's by the new guy (no offense). Either everyone's lurking... or no one seems to care enough to post... or smashboards may have been down for a while (I was working, so if this was the case, then I wouldn't know about it). Anyways... lets try to keep activity up. There's nothing for me to talk about since no one made any posts... except for the new guy...
says everyone else is being inactive. still not contributing anything
As for the new guy's post, saying you're not reading anything makes you scummy (though you saying that you're playing more games than you like I guess could be considered a decent enough reason). But... well... if you're not going to read, you're either scum listening to his scum buddy, or useless town (more in the "I don't care about this game" useless town). Seeing as there are very few posts being made each day (one in this last day by you minus my post spam here... done in response to you saying I post too much lol (I do stuff like that all the time ;) ) ), reading all the posts shouldn't be too hard... unless your other games / real life is preventing you from getting enough time to do so.

I honestly don't know at all where I'm going with this anymore... lol long day at work today, my brain is baked, so... although this post makes no sense anymore (probably, and I'm too lazy to re-read it and fix it), just because you said I post too much, I'll post this anyways.
pushes suspicion on S2

adds a useless paragraph for length and town points i guess

But seriously, I don't post that much this game...

And boo, my first infraction I gave was not on myself :crying: I'm so sad right now :cry:

lol ;)
finishes his quadruple post with another useless post that says the same thing his first one did.

I am working tomorrow, so I will probably not be on again today... so that said, I'll just list my top two suspects and let you guys figure it out:

Xonar and SSBF.
more inactivity johns

parrots the xonar/ssbf thing again

oh haha Gheb's deadline warning plus time zones equals ULTIMATE MINDGAMEZ!!!!!

I live in the Pacific time zone (Pacific North America), and at the time of his post, it was Tuesday 11:55 pm, so I assumed tomorrow meant Wednesday. you know what they say about people who assume ;)

Anyways, S2, from your skimming, you probably know this about me, but just so that you don't get confused too much, 90% of what I do will make no sense... and I do this purposefully. Self-voting is probably the dumbest thing you can do in a mafia game (with some exceptions), so, I do it as my first post in every mafia game I play. Also, whenever someone says doing something is scummy, the next time I post, I do that action (Xonar's Pinkies, for example). The quadruple post was done purposefully in response to you saying that we are scummy for posting too much.

But yeah, my posts will make no sense at times (or a very obvious contradiction, like the posting too much quadruple post). If it's an obvious contradiction, I did it purposefully, and it was meant to be a joke.

Just a warning for my future posts...

In real life, 90% of what I say is serious, and 90% of what I say is a joke. And that statement is not a joke (in other words, what I say is a joke, while being serious at the same time).

ok, I think I should stop before this post becomes completely pointless (as if it already isn't lol).
one of the fluffiest posts to date

time zone stuff, time zone stuff, says he will make obvious contradictions, and if you see them they were intentional so don't be suspicious of him for it, and warns that his post won't make much sense.

lol my post itself was not supposed to make sense :p

Take that post as you want, but... well, we've played before, and I've done that in our past games as well, so you should know my "make no sense" playstyle :p

Anyways, I just play these games for the fun of making no sense and joking around in a game where everything you say must be serious and make perfect sense (lol jk... well... at least for half of it...).

;)

But seriously guys, I really see nothing to talk about... either because we've already discussed it to death (like Xonar's lynch yesterday) or because... well, there isn't anything to talk about. I'm stuck to doing stupid posts that make no sense lol :p

Someone start up a good post of some sort so we can have some sort of direction with this conversation ;p
says he doesn't make sense again and again and again

realizes how off topic he has gotten the town again and claims someone else needs to bring us back on topic
Well, if Swords is scum, well... he's scum lol

If swords is town, and he's the cop, then Xonar is scum.

If swords is town, and he's not the cop... then... well... ugh...

Though I'm willing to bet that (at least?) one of the two are scum simply based off of their three recent posts (yes, I know I'm stating the obvious... but someone had to do it lol). I'm fine with either one being lynched today.

Although I wanted to leave my joke posts as joke posts... seeing as Guus is calling me on them... might as well prove where they are joke posts. Well... the quadruple post is easy to see it's a joke post... just re-read it as if I'm in a joking mood, and you'll see (basically I just wanted to make 4-5 posts... even if some were useless (namely my last one)).
states obvious

This was not meant to be a double post... but I already posted, so... :(

I am working, and won't be home for about 10 hours... so I'll take a guess and say the lynch will happen before I come back, so (unless I got timezones wrong again), I won't be posting anymore today.
says he will be inactive

coughsstllnotusefulatallcoughs
When I have the time, I'm going to go through a full re-read. As already stated, everyone who pushed a Xonar lynch (before he was semi-confirmed to be the lynch... as in, since the start of day 2 or earlier) will look much more town in my books (obviously not 100%, but much more town).

Problem, as usual, is that I don't ever have a large block of time available where I'm able to read for... however long it would take to read everything.

But yeah... some people should re-read everything (hopefully me included). Lots of info can be gained from a re-read.
says he will reread and that other people should reread

nothing relevant to who is or isn't scum

S2, my dear boy. look at all these posts. you look at them and you tell me he has a shot in hell at being town.

to sum it up:

1.) the only relevant points he brought up was parroting my Xonar/ssbf scum team idea

2.) his posts contain nothing useful and are too long. they create the illusion he is contributing and being protown when he isn't

3.)he SEVERELY distracted the town over three times

4.) he never reread but claimed he was going to like a bajillion times

5.) he tells people to ignore his contradictions and says not to be suspicious of him for not making sense

6.) he was as useful as a raft in the desert

7.) he has yet to present actual evidence that I am scum.... because he is... and you should lynch him already

i spent a while on this so please read it. once you read his previous posts it is a no-brainer

and if after this you STILL think I'm the scum after this, then I would appreciate something I can actually defend against. you're coin has a lovely beard but that doesn't make him right.

wow I have NEVER made a post that long... I did this for you S2. take my hand and let us march happily back to sesame street and live happily ever after ^___^

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
You never had a problem when I did it in AIMafia...
lol remember that time that I caught GodfatherToday on D1? 5 minutes left to deadline and nobody knows who to pick. Dice rolling is so good. She probably would have won that game too.
AIM mafia is totally different.

and also i've never seen dayciascum so I don't think i was in that game... I think she has been the cop in almost every game I've played with her. :chuckle:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Lol, I find it funny that every post, you find something to make it useless or scummy. Or... should I say, you make up something that is scummy. Anyways, time to respond. My response is in yellow (I would make it in blue, but it's a little hard to see...

Before I start though... just a clarification on something so that my responses don't make no sense (which I'm sure you already know, but I'll emphasize just to make sure).

If SRB is town, then he knows I am scum.

If SRB is scum, then he knows I am town... but since I'm the only one left that he can accuse to be town, he has to try to convince you that I am scum, so he will be saying he knows I am scum. I'll refer to this as the red post in my response.

okay S2. your imminent epiphany on why blue yoshi is scum, lies in the content of this post. please please PLEASE read it thoroughly as I am anxious to march to victory alongside you.

Oh please, if I had a dime for every time you said "come win the game with me! Lets run through the lovely flowery path to a beautiful unicorn valley and live happily ever after!"... well, I'd have a lot of dimes.

I think we should start the game by removing the dumbest player. There's a new rules format, so anyone who did not read the rules should be killed for being dumb enough not to read the rules.

So that said, I'll start it off the voting process by voting for who I think is the dumbest player in this game:

Vote: Blue Yoshi
his first post

he calls himself the dumbest player in the game, and self votes

calling yourself the dumbest player in the game is a nice way to say "I'm scum, please don't pay attention to what I say. I'm just a cute dumb townie :3"

I start every game I play by making a joke post ending with me self-voting, no matter what my starting role is. I've stated that over and over again (and even others who have played against me before have stated that). But way to turn it into me saying "I'm scum, please don't pay attention to what I say. I'm just a cute dumb townie :3".

self voters are always scum.

end him, o' wise king
look at me callin' it right away :chuckle:

ahem! back to bidness

Good for you. Congratulations! Anyways... my defense is in my last part above, and in the red post (the part in red at the start of this post).

Haha lol I say we should vote for the person who does not read the rules (while doing my usual self-vote first post... which is unfortunate because it doesn't count since votes don't count), and SSBF agrees with me, then votes for me, then asks for a wagon on me?

We have no idea on what the setup may be. Sure that's the standard, but as you've obviously noticed so far this game, this isn't a standard mafia game.

At this point in the game, my read on you going on through the game is the guy who accuses people of random things that may or may not even be scum tells, then raising your town-ness (for want of a better word) by keeping the vote count, etc.

At this point in time, SSBF, you're the most suspiscious player in my opinion.

Since you want to keep track of the vote count, I'll put my vote on you. Vote: SSBF.
pushes suspicion on SSBF for being suspicious of his self vote.

Ironic isn't it, that your response to my voting on SSBF (post right after mine):

Nice point yoshi. He jump conclusion too fast. Get out of RVS stage. Get out of RVS stage.
You're saying I am scummy for voting SSBF, yet you agree with me the very next post. Hypocritical, are you? Contradicting yourself right there.

I don't know which game I played with him, but I've played Monster Island (Indy, lost), getting schooled (town, lost), TV stars (town, lost), the Saints one (town cop, lost). My first post of every game includes very suspiscious content, major contradictions, parts which make no sense, and a self-vote (all purposefully added in for the lulz :p).

Hope that answers your question :p
Also, to everyone, I think there has been more than enough talk about past games. So far, two days have past, and only 41 posts have been made since the game started, most about things not related to this game. As great as talking about the usefulness of self-voting and what this guy did in that game, all we are doing is wasting time. So... if you guys don't mind, could we try to keep posts more-or-less related to this game? This way, we can get more scum slips, more pressure wagons, more etc.

At the moment, having conversations about past games gives scum a free post about what this guy did in that game, and can lurk freely while making their one post every day/two days (whatever the limit is).

I'm not saying stop talking about the usefulness of strategies in this game (e.g. keep talking about my self-vote if you want), but... well, lets try to move forward in this game. Basically, we're at a standstill of people either talking about how suspiscious SSBF is for whatever reason or talking about previous self-votes and the outcomes. Lets move forward people :p
this big long post only asks people to talk about how off topic the discussion is. funny thing is, the discussion was brought off topic by his self vote... then he gets to make a huge post that contributes nothing, while looking pro-town by noticing that the discussion is off topic, when it's his fault in the first place.

The first of the two posts on me were me answering someone's question. When did answering someone's question become scummy? Oh right, apparently everything I did this game was scummy. That explains it.

As for the second post... well, all we've been talking about this entire game for two days was about other games. I thought we had discussed enough. Simple as that.

And before you say I was hypocritical with that post, the game started on March 29th (my self-vote was the first post of the game, on March 29th), the first post where I describe my past games was on March 30th, and my post telling people to stop talking about past games was on March 31st. There is a large gap in time between the posts (well... relative to the time the posts were made).

Guys, Gheb accidentally slipped the roles to me... so here they are:

McMaymays: Town cop
The Paprika Killer: Vanilla Townie
Super Smash Bros. Fan: Town village idiot
soaring-raptor-blast: Town doctor
SwordsRbroken: Mafia goon
Guus: Vanilla Townie
Xonar: Mafia Roleblocker
Clownbot: Mafia voteblocker
Blue Yoshi: Just too darn sexy for this game

Please take this post very serious, as it is a very serious post... well, at least the part about my role... :p
I thought this was funny :chuckle:

there is something to notice though, he is pushing for a SSBF lynch the whooole game so far, yet in his list, he puts him as town... so basically he knows SSBF is town even though he is voting for him. that could be seen as a "scum slip" I think.

That entire list was a joke. Get over it. For every role, I did not look at the person's name when I wrote the role, I just picked a role, then wrote it beside the person (ok, obviously I see the person's name before I write the role, but I had already decided on what role to give that person). The only person there that I made their role specific for that person was the one on me (but seriously, it's true, isn't it? :p)

Off topic, but to be honest, I wanted to do a better April Fools joke, but couldn't think of anything better... (already spent the last 2 hours before that April Foolsing people, so I was getting kind-of tired of it).

Well, I don't have time to read everything (start work in 15 minutes...), but... well, my john for not coming to this game for a while...

For some reason, I was unable to go on smashboards. I don't know if it was because my computer didn't let me, or if smashboards had a problem, but... well, I had a "502 Bad Getaway" or "504 Gateway Time-out" every time I tried.

I'll make a more useful post after work.

Actually, while I'm here, was anyone else unable to go on smashboards for a while?
useless long post. says he doesn't have time to read, and points out that smashboards is down.... which is obvious and did not need to be put in paragraph form

he also asks people to comment on it/ get the discussion off topic

Wow... sorry for actually having a job that I go to on time. I'm not letting a game make me late for work, so if... well... if having a job is a sign that you are scum, then I'm scum.

As for smashboards being down... well... my internet sucks, and at random times, I don't have access to the internet from anywhere between 2 minutes to full days. I was asking to see if it was my internet, or if it was smashboards. If having a bad internet connection is a scumtell, then... well, I guess combined with having a job, I just be an ultra scum.

Sorry for going off-topic again... but... well, I play smash 64 online, and my internet is so bad I had to drop out of every online 64 tournament I had joined. Just a hint of how bad my internet can be.

Well, seeing as everyone has been having problems logging on to smashboards, I'm going to request a deadline extention:

Request Deadline Extension without penalty

I don't think we should be penalized because smashboards isn't letting us post...
tries to get town points by being the "we should get a deadline extension" guy

So... um... yeah... nothing to defend really. On the contrary, You're taking a town thing I've done (even you say it's a town thing), and try to make me look scummy from it.

I was actually asking Gheb if he could give us an extension that does not reduce our one deadline extension limit. I guess "no penalty" was the wrong wording... but... well, you get what I mean.

Even if the second day of discussion we have someone who claims to be mafia, I think it's still in town's favour to continue discussion until the limit, then lynch the confirmed mafia player at that time. Think of it as an extension to the next day.
another unnecessarily long, and useless post about deadline extensions

I was simply clarifying my post that was asking for a deadline extension. It was not useless at all. Oh wait, right, SRB decided it was useless, so it's useless. Sorry, forgot about that >_>

re-reading my post, if it doesn't make sense, don't worry about it. I'm tired, and too lazy to make it make sense at the moment. If anyone wants me to clarify, I can do that tomorrow (unless you all understand it).

enduselesspost

startcountingsheepinthehopesoffallingasleepbecauseiamtired.

ok... /uselesspost :p
useless post about how his last post didn't make sense

haha lol captain obvious strikes again. I say in my post that it is useless... so... all you've done is agreed with me that my post was useless. And I didn't say that my last post made no sense... I simply said that in case there was confusion in the post (it was past 1am, and I was literally falling asleep while typing it out).

@gheb: Thanks. I think that's the fairest thing.

@SwordsRbroken: I have some suspiscions... but I'm going to wait one or two days and see if they are legitimate or not. Saying them now may not be the best time. (I think it will be easier for me to see if I'm right or wrong if the players in question don't know I'm on to them). I'll probably post it tomorrow or Wednesday afternoon.
claims he has suspicions but refuses to share them

I explained later why I decided to not state right away who my suspicions were. Reason being that Xonar was king, and I was afraid that if I were to state that I thought he was scummy, I could be lynched by him. My top suspects were SSBF and Xonar (which, for the record, were always my top two suspects, yes, even SSBF up until his flip).

But... before I move on, the very next post after my post that you quoted was by you:

I don't think it's tunneling at all. SSBF is being legitimately scummy.

also, I really get annoyed when people get a little suspicion on them and just say, "oh poop, I guess I'll replace out instead of explaining my actions". not only would it make it bad for the replacement , but if everyone quit when they think they might be lynched then nothing would ever get accomplished.

@swords: my next biggest suspect is you. you're trying to take away from the case against SSBF by calling it "tunneling". I see it as either trying to save your scum buddy, or buddying a townie that might be lynched. calling the case 'tunneling' when SSBF has been pushing suspicion on everyone and their grandma and can't even come up with an explanation for his actions, just ain't right in my book.
So... I am scummy for finding SSBF scummy, yet you agree with me that SSBF is being legitimately scummy. Hypocritical, no? So, using your logic, you are scum for thinking SSBF is scummy. Ironic, isn't it?

Well, if no one else has any suspicions, I'll post mine... though I'd rather wait.

It's also because I don't really have a large amount of time available to give a large description of why... which is what I'd like to do. I'll have basically all of tomorrow free to make a long LONG post.

That said, I gotta go. You'll see what I mean by long (and why I don't have enough time now) tomorrow. I promise :p
says he will post his suspiscions (but doesn't)

promises a "LONG long post"

I did not say I will post my suspicions. I stated very clearly that if no one else was going to post their suspicions, I'll post mine, but others posted theirs, so I didn't. Seeing as you quoted my post, and read it to counter it, I find it funny that you left out that bit... almost as if you did that purposefully.

omg just with the recent posts, most of the people I had thought scum were more confirmed scum, and most of the people I had thought to be town were more confirmed town.

Once Gheb answers a question I asked him, I'll start writing a huge post about my thoughts on everyone in this game so far.
puts off making the LONG long post

"Once Gheb answers a question I asked him, I'll start writing a huge post about my thoughts on everyone in this game so far." I had a question I asked him which involved my posting restriction (S2 got away with saying it yesterday, so I see nothing wrong with me saying that). Turned out the answer was not in my favour... which made that "insanely long post" I promised impossible to do... at least it was in my favour... for king voting reasons, for me to not make that long post.

Actually... a question to everyone. If you do not have a posting restriction, can you post here indicating that you don't? There's nothing preventing you in doing that. For those of you who have posting restrictions... well... you can't talk about it, so don't answer. Just trying to figure out who does not have a posting restriction...
huh.. this isn't a LONG long post either.

here he goes off on this "I wanna find people with posting restrictions" hunt thing that COMPLETELY distracts the town for a very long time, and gives him stuff to defend against and he continues to contribute nothing

Ok... I said this 100 times already, and I know you know this, but I'll say this again. I said "I want to find people WITHOUT posting restrictions". I love how you find something I already clarified until there was nothing more to clarify, and still use the false version against me. If anything, this should make you looks scummy for using false facts against me. My proof is even in the post you quoted, meaning you must have read it pretty carefully to get a good case against me... so you must have known very well that you were completely changing my post.

haha lol good reasons ssbf :p

1. It was a joke. None of the roles were serious in any way, nor were they what I thought. If it was what I thought, you would have been a mafia role, and not town idiot (or whatever I posted). I posted you as town idiot as a joke, as me and basically everyone else thought you were mafia. The only role that was serious of the entire bunch was the one I wrote for myself... ;)

2. I don't think you got the point at all. Yes, I was serious, but I was fishing for mafia roles. I have a feeling all townies have a posting restriction, meaning if anyone were to say they did not have a posting restriction, there's a fairly confirmed mafia member. That said, I think it's safe to say that anyone who has had a posting restriction of some kind can be semi-cleared as townie. If I'm wrong, then I'm dumb :p

And I don't think everyone with a posting restriction has a power role. Just everyone who is town does.

At least that's my thoughts...
nothing useful. defends his april fools joke, and his posting restriction thing.

(notice how fluffy these posts are? he's written a book already and hasn't helped the town at all)

People are questioning me about my 'April Fools post', as well as my NO posting restriction thing. What else am I supposed to say? If defending myself is scummy, then... well, no point finishing that sentence ;)

Also, how ironic that my posts are fluffy. You have all one-liners, with most completely pointless (ok, obviously it's your posting restriction, but the point still stands).

isn't mafia role fishing the exact same thing as scum hunting? Sure my method isn't the best, but at least it was a shot in the dark...
defends his posting restriction thing again...

And... your point? Seems like trying to defend yourself is a scumtell...

you somewhat answered that question yourself in your question. I didn't come to that conclusion as "this must be true", it was just an idea, and if one or two people had no posting restrictions, then... well, makes the theory more plausible.

Also, I'm 100% fine with SSBF dying today. In his long post... well, lets just say he quotes me, then responds to it as if I said the opposite. I said PEOPLE WITHOUT POSTING RESTRICTIONS SHOULD REPLY, and in his post, he changed it to PEOPLE WITH POSTING RESTRICTIONS SHOULD REPLY. He based his entire argument (or so it seemed) off of his modification of my post... just re-read what he quoted, and re-read his post, and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. And apparently he did not mis-read my post at all... ;)

Also, just as all of you guys are saying having a posting restriction doesn't necessarily means instant townie, remember that posting restriction doesn't necessarily mean power role either.
defends his thing again

says he's okay with SSBF dying

and in the last paragraph pretty much agrees with why people have said his posting restriction hunt was pointless. contradiction.

Apparently I'm not supposed to defend myself...?

I was fine with an SSBF lynch. I found him very scummy at the time, and as said earlier, I had found him scummy up until his flip. So any comments about me liking a SSBF lynch was because I did want an SSBF lynch. Also, I was not the only one who wanted an SSBF lynch.

And no, my last paragraph was not me saying my NO posting restriction hunt was pointless. I simply breadcrumbing my "vanilla townie" role by that. But once again, good job in changing the meaning of my post again.

SSBF, you're changing every single post I make to sound like something different... so for what it's worth, there's no point arguing with you. If you want to continue accusing me, then... well, do it alone.

In one day, we have so much random stuff... maybe one smart person good at mafia games (i.e. not me) could re-read everything and basically figure out who is mafia. I'll re-read as well later, but... well, it's past midnight here, so I'll do it later.
says he will re-read later, but asks someone "smarter" to do it.

Already stated why I never did a large post (posting restriction). And I did not ask someone "smarter" to do it. I simply said a smart person could figure out who the mafia is, never asking anyone to do a re-read. But thank you for changing the meaning of my post again.

I already said I wasn't going to argue anymore.

So... the deadline is this Sunday... but Xonar said he was lynching this Saturday... so we should figure out who we think are the scummiest so that he has an easier decision to make.

Also, off topic, yay, I'm a mod :) (smash 64 forums)
suggests we should agree on a scummy player. still contributing nothing as this is the point of the whole game and didn't need to be stated.

I never knew stating that "the deadline is coming up, and we still haven't decided who to lynch yet" was being useless. Wow, with all these "useless" posts I've done, I must not know what the word "useless" is, since my definition of useless is clearly not the same as SRB's definition of useless.

srb, ironically enough, that's the pair I considered to likely be the scum pair since around page 4, and really, both have confirmed my beliefs more and more every time they post.

I didn't want to post who I thought was scummy, since... well, one of the two had the power to instantly kill me (i.e. Xonar) if he chose so. And the other... well, everyone considered him to be extremely scummy (once, about a week ago, he was the confirmed lynch. Now, we have 4 different people up for being lynched, and none have been given a good reason by Xonar).

When I have time, I'll re-read and see if it makes sense having these two as the scum pair for this game... when I have the time... which will probably end up being after this day's over...
before this post I called a scum team of Xonar/SBBF

mcmaymays agreed

now he chimes in and agrees.... is agreeing contributing? if not, he has yet to bring anything useful to the table

says he will re-read (again)

So... since you also called the same team as me, does that make you equally scummy? Sure you announced yours before I did, but we did call the same scum pair nonetheless. Moreover, if you're calling my "chiming in and agreeing" as scummy, then call Mcmaymay's agreement scummy as well.

Already stated why I did not do a long post.

Boo, I'm heading to work, then smashing with a friend... I won't be able to take part in conversations until Sunday :(

But yeah, Xonar/SSBF are looking more and more like a scum team... Xonar making weird posts and trying to vote possibly-scummy-but-not-as-scummy-as-someone-else people. SSBF being scummy for agreeing with everything Xonar says, and... well... we all know what happened earlier this game.
says he will be inactive

agrees more of the idea of Xonar/SSBF scum team

Haha do you have so little to call me on that you are accusing me of being scummy for stating that I will be inactive?

I see this post becoming a "summarize what I did this game in a tone that makes me look scummy". What does saying a Xonar/SSBF scum team have anything to do with me looking scummy?

The two people at the moment I find the scummiest are SSBF and Xonar.

But as I said day 1, we might as well go through the entire day... therefore having more time to get someone to accidentally slip.

But, then again, it's the King's choice :p
agrees

rambles

Wow, sorry SRB. Maybe next time I'll claim a scum team that I do not believe to be scum.

Here are my current thoughts on the possibilities of Xonar and SSBF:

1. Xonar and SSBF are both scum.

This would definitely seem plausible, as both have seemed scummy, SSBF since nearly day 1, and Xonar through relative inactivity throughout day 1, somewhat useless posts, and the lynching of a townie who most thought to be town anyways. However, one thing, thinking about it, that bugs me about this scenario is Xonar heavily defending SSBF as town. Sure, at an initial glance, it would look like an obvious way to try to protect your fellow scum buddy, but as we can see, it is making both of them seem more like a scum pair. Seeing how Xonar has played games before, I don't think he'd be dumb enough to, as scum, try to save his scumbuddy by trying to convince everyone that he is town. Either he made a very obvious mistake... or... well... something isn't right.

2. Xonar is scum, SSBF is town

I'm actually starting to consider this... as, well, Xonar has been completely useless, lynched a semi-confirmed townie, and... well, has just been scummy. SSBF, though making multiple scummy posts, has been tunneled on by everyone (me included), and... well, cracked under the pressure, making him an obvious choice for us to lynch as scum. What makes me think that SSBF is town, however, is, ironically enough, Xonar trying to convince everyone that SSBF is town. Assuming Xonar is scum and SSBF is town (i.e. this scenario #2), it would be a safe move on Xonar's part to try to convince people that SSBF is town, since as he (SSBF) is one of the biggest targets of getting lynched, if he shows up town, it would make Xonar's tell correct, thus giving him more town points. It would be a smart play for scum to do (assuming SSBF gets lynched before Xonar), as it would almost guarantee that Xonar looks townie. As mentioned in my first scenario, Xonar has played games before... so I'm pretty sure he would be smart enough to try to pull this off.

3. Xonar is town, SSBF... doesn't matter... he's either.

If Xonar is town... then so far this game, he's been absolutely useless. He's made multiple mistakes that hindered town by alot... including lynching a semi-confirmed townie. So... that said, it's hard to believe that he's town. Though that said, it's always possible... but I doubt it.

So in summary, I'm very sure that Xonar is scum, but as for SSBF, as stated in my post (particularly #2), I'm not sure what to think of him. Either way, I'm fine with a Xonar lynch, and will give SSBF more thought later. So all that said:

Vote: Xonar
long post exploring the possibilities ... if he thought they were scum, he could have said it much more succinctly, but he choose to fluff it up for town points

Wow... apparently everything I do is fluff and just me as scum trying to get town points. The more I try to defend myself, the more stuff I can't defend myself against either because I've already defended myself, or... well, your argument is not an attack at all... just a summary of what I did that post (sometimes making a good post look bad).

I'll say this for the millionth time:

Just because someone has a posting restriction doesn't mean they have a power ranking. they may be just a simple vanilla townie...

and SSBF, the two things I can see that you may use to consider me scummy are my self-vote at the start, and my attempt at finding out who does not have a posting restriction. The self-vote... well, I do it every game, so that should not be a scumtell in any way. However, there was a mis-understanding with the Posting Restriction part of the day, which I can see why you could use that against me, but... well, the self-vote is not a scumtell at all. Actually, off-topic, but on-topic, I really want to give myself an infraction for anything just for the fun of it (or even a warning), but I can't :(

My pinky hurts from typing...
in bold he agrees with point he agrued against for like 8 posts in a row...

Please, quote these 8 posts I've just contradicted with this post. Ten bucks says every post you use, you'll manipulate the meaning so that it sounds like I argued against that post.

I will be away at a brawl tournament this weekend, so I won't be posting until either Sunday night or Monday morning.
says he will be inactive

contributes nothing

You must have nothing to use against me if you're trying to make this sound scummy.

I honestly don't know who to call my top suspects anymore. Realizing I've been tunnelling to some extent on SSBF and Xonar, I've re-read some people's posts... and... well... now, I'm going to have to re-read everything to get a better opinion on who I think is scum.

For the moment, my top suspects are still Xonar and SSBF, but... well, that may change after a re-read. The problem is finding a large enough block of time to read all the posts lol (I'll do it either this day or day 3... busy with work / out-of-town family birthday/etc., so may not be able to do it in the next week... though none of this should affect my activity in this game).
two big paragraphs that say "I don't know who to suspect, I need to reread (again)"

fluffity fluff fluff

Apparently every post I made this game is fluff and useless.

I don't post too much...
i think this was the first post of a quadruple post

i think you DO post to much when you quadruple post :p

Haha lol way to make a joke sound scummy.

But seriously guys, since my last post, there was only one post in 24 hours... and that's by the new guy (no offense). Either everyone's lurking... or no one seems to care enough to post... or smashboards may have been down for a while (I was working, so if this was the case, then I wouldn't know about it). Anyways... lets try to keep activity up. There's nothing for me to talk about since no one made any posts... except for the new guy...
says everyone else is being inactive. still not contributing anything

When did saying everyone is being inactive become a scumtell? Also, apparently, I have still not contributed anything this game... well, at least according to SRB...

As for the new guy's post, saying you're not reading anything makes you scummy (though you saying that you're playing more games than you like I guess could be considered a decent enough reason). But... well... if you're not going to read, you're either scum listening to his scum buddy, or useless town (more in the "I don't care about this game" useless town). Seeing as there are very few posts being made each day (one in this last day by you minus my post spam here... done in response to you saying I post too much lol (I do stuff like that all the time ;) ) ), reading all the posts shouldn't be too hard... unless your other games / real life is preventing you from getting enough time to do so.

I honestly don't know at all where I'm going with this anymore... lol long day at work today, my brain is baked, so... although this post makes no sense anymore (probably, and I'm too lazy to re-read it and fix it), just because you said I post too much, I'll post this anyways.
pushes suspicion on S2

adds a useless paragraph for length and town points i guess

Yes, I was putting some suspicion on S2. Your point? Seems to me that this is just to say "look, BY thinks you're scum here. Be angry at him!!!!!"

Do you even read my posts when you quote them? I'll quote the exact reason for my length of posts (and quantity of posts):

"one in this last day by you minus my post spam here... done in response to you saying I post too much lol" (you being S2).

But seriously, I don't post that much this game...

And boo, my first infraction I gave was not on myself :crying: I'm so sad right now :cry:

lol ;)
finishes his quadruple post with another useless post that says the same thing his first one did.

And... your point? Really, are you going to find all my joke posts and use them as evidence for me being scum?

I am working tomorrow, so I will probably not be on again today... so that said, I'll just list my top two suspects and let you guys figure it out:

Xonar and SSBF.
more inactivity johns

parrots the xonar/ssbf thing again

I'm sorry if I find Xonar/SSBF scummy. And sorry for having a job >_>

oh haha Gheb's deadline warning plus time zones equals ULTIMATE MINDGAMEZ!!!!!

I live in the Pacific time zone (Pacific North America), and at the time of his post, it was Tuesday 11:55 pm, so I assumed tomorrow meant Wednesday. you know what they say about people who assume ;)

Anyways, S2, from your skimming, you probably know this about me, but just so that you don't get confused too much, 90% of what I do will make no sense... and I do this purposefully. Self-voting is probably the dumbest thing you can do in a mafia game (with some exceptions), so, I do it as my first post in every mafia game I play. Also, whenever someone says doing something is scummy, the next time I post, I do that action (Xonar's Pinkies, for example). The quadruple post was done purposefully in response to you saying that we are scummy for posting too much.

But yeah, my posts will make no sense at times (or a very obvious contradiction, like the posting too much quadruple post). If it's an obvious contradiction, I did it purposefully, and it was meant to be a joke.

Just a warning for my future posts...

In real life, 90% of what I say is serious, and 90% of what I say is a joke. And that statement is not a joke (in other words, what I say is a joke, while being serious at the same time).

ok, I think I should stop before this post becomes completely pointless (as if it already isn't lol).
one of the fluffiest posts to date

time zone stuff, time zone stuff, says he will make obvious contradictions, and if you see them they were intentional so don't be suspicious of him for it, and warns that his post won't make much sense.

Haha, so now getting the deadline time wrong because of time zones is scummy? Wow... everything seems to be scummy lol.

Way to change my post again. "If it's an obvious contradiction, I did it purposefully, and it was meant to be a joke." I meant stuff like "I don't post too much, but here's a quadruple post, but I don't post too much" or "Lets lynch the dumbest player, BLUE YOSHI!!!!" as obvious contradictions. But once again, of course, you're going to change the meaning of my post so that it sounds scummy...

lol my post itself was not supposed to make sense :p

Take that post as you want, but... well, we've played before, and I've done that in our past games as well, so you should know my "make no sense" playstyle :p

Anyways, I just play these games for the fun of making no sense and joking around in a game where everything you say must be serious and make perfect sense (lol jk... well... at least for half of it...).

;)

But seriously guys, I really see nothing to talk about... either because we've already discussed it to death (like Xonar's lynch yesterday) or because... well, there isn't anything to talk about. I'm stuck to doing stupid posts that make no sense lol :p

Someone start up a good post of some sort so we can have some sort of direction with this conversation ;p
says he doesn't make sense again and again and again

realizes how off topic he has gotten the town again and claims someone else needs to bring us back on topic

I don't make sense!
I don't make sense!
I don't make sense!
I don't make sense!

... really, does that make me scummy?

And when did I ever say I got us off-topic? I never said that. Way to change my post again.

Well, if Swords is scum, well... he's scum lol

If swords is town, and he's the cop, then Xonar is scum.

If swords is town, and he's not the cop... then... well... ugh...

Though I'm willing to bet that (at least?) one of the two are scum simply based off of their three recent posts (yes, I know I'm stating the obvious... but someone had to do it lol). I'm fine with either one being lynched today.

Although I wanted to leave my joke posts as joke posts... seeing as Guus is calling me on them... might as well prove where they are joke posts. Well... the quadruple post is easy to see it's a joke post... just re-read it as if I'm in a joking mood, and you'll see (basically I just wanted to make 4-5 posts... even if some were useless (namely my last one)).
states obvious

I quote myself:

"(yes, I know I'm stating the obvious... but someone had to do it lol)."

This was not meant to be a double post... but I already posted, so... :(

I am working, and won't be home for about 10 hours... so I'll take a guess and say the lynch will happen before I come back, so (unless I got timezones wrong again), I won't be posting anymore today.
says he will be inactive

coughsstllnotusefulatallcoughs

Sorry for having a job. Just for you, I'm going to call my boss right now and tell him that I quit because the job is making me look scummy. I mean, come on...

When I have the time, I'm going to go through a full re-read. As already stated, everyone who pushed a Xonar lynch (before he was semi-confirmed to be the lynch... as in, since the start of day 2 or earlier) will look much more town in my books (obviously not 100%, but much more town).

Problem, as usual, is that I don't ever have a large block of time available where I'm able to read for... however long it would take to read everything.

But yeah... some people should re-read everything (hopefully me included). Lots of info can be gained from a re-read.
says he will reread and that other people should reread

nothing relevant to who is or isn't scum

I'm willing to bet ten bucks that if I stated in every post that SSBF/Xonar was scummy, you'd be saying "I repeat myself all the time" as a reason why I look scummy. No matter what I do, it is scummy. So sorry for not saying Xonar/SSB are scummy in that post.

S2, my dear boy. look at all these posts. you look at them and you tell me he has a shot in hell at being town.

Funny, I seem to have countered all of your reasoning for my posts being scummy.

to sum it up:

1.) the only relevant points he brought up was parroting my Xonar/ssbf scum team idea
Well... in your opinion, everything I do is useless and irrelevant.

2.) his posts contain nothing useful and are too long. they create the illusion he is contributing and being protown when he isn't
Well... in your opinion, everything I do is useless and irrelevant. Though I agree, some of my posts (even some of my serious posts (i.e. non-joke posts) were a little on the long side...).

3.)he SEVERELY distracted the town over three times

I have made over 5 jokes that have seemed to distracted town... so I can't disagree with that argument... though keep in mind, those were joke posts, and most of them were very obvious jokes as well (that some people decided to use against me...)

4.) he never reread but claimed he was going to like a bajillion times

Can't argue against that. Though my posting restriction did influence that... but you are right, I never did re-read when I said I would.

5.) he tells people to ignore his contradictions and says not to be suspicious of him for not making sense

I tell people to ignore my contradictions which are obviously purposefully done (e.g. self-vote, quadruple post). But way to change the meaning of my post again.

6.) he was as useful as a raft in the desert

Rafts aren't useless in the desert. Just find a hill and use the raft as a toboggan! But in seriousness, I have been useful. It's just, according to you, nothing I do is useful.

7.) he has yet to present actual evidence that I am scum.... because he is... and you should lynch him already

See red post at the top of this entire wall (the part of this post that is red). Also, I have provided lots of TRUE evidence that you are scum, that you have yet to prove to be wrong.

i spent a while on this so please read it. once you read his previous posts it is a no-brainer

Once you read my previous posts, and read SRB's horrible response to all of them, I agree, it will be a no-brainer ;)

and if after this you STILL think I'm the scum after this, then I would appreciate something I can actually defend against. you're coin has a lovely beard but that doesn't make him right.

Why not start with the large wall of text I wrote about you being scum? Or maybe respond to my responses in this post.

wow I have NEVER made a post that long... I did this for you S2. take my hand and let us march happily back to sesame street and live happily ever after ^___^

wow I have NEVER made a post that long... I did this for you S2. take my hand and let us run through the lovely flowery path to a beautiful unicorn valley and live happily ever after!
Ok... in summary, almost all of his reasons for my posts being scummy are either completely made up (out of nowhere), him manipulating my post so that it can look scummy... or just him summarizing my post in an attempt that it will make it look scummy. Other than the few I said he is right (e.g. I said I'd re-read over and over again, but never did), all of his reasons are false, or just him making up a reason to say I am scummy. Not much truth in his post at all.

Anyways... I started this post at 11 pm, and it is now past 4am... another 5 hour post...

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
fuuuuuuu-
this is gonna take a while...

You know I say that I don't mind reading big posts and I just don't like them because they're confusing, but golly gee I don't like reading big posts :p. I suppose this is the bad side of my $10,000 pay check as king for a day...

I got this, don't worry.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
EBWOP.

Read over them both once, will read again tomorrow after school (about 18 hours from now) with a fresh mind. I think I'm about done with either of your cases lol.

@BY yo I like SSB64 too! I play it offline though. Idk might try it online.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Well, once the game's over, if you want, I can help you set it up. I won't do it while the game's still going... because... well... we aren't supposed to talk outside of the game... and even though we won't be talking about the game (OMG I just lost the game! lol), well... I just don't want to take the risk. But yeah, after the game, I'll help you set it up if you want :)

Always looking for more 64 players :)

SRB, you should join the 64 community too :)

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'm comfortable with ending this game now.
Questions, comments, concerns? All should go into the kingly suggestion box.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
My sources tell me...

Lynch: SRB

If you're town I'm going to blow up.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Yay! My first mafia win!

Oh, and SRB was town. I was the last scum.

You should have listened to him. He had me from the very beginning. I was actually really surprised I survived over SSBF when Guus was king second time around. I thought I was dead right there. And then I survived after you were king... wow :)

I was actually hoping that SRB would end up king, since I was sure you would lynch me right away. But... I guess SRB's answers weren't really good... so he sealed his own fate. Anyways, thanks for the mafia win :)

lol jk I was town. You made the right choice.

(I really am town. But out of curiosity, what was your reaction when you read the first part of my post? :p)

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I was like "huh no way + why are you telling me now? I'm going to go find SRB and kick him in the shins."
and then I skimmed to the bottom real quick and saw "I really am town" and I was like "oh phew I'm awesome."

I was going to fake-claim in my lynch post myself. Except, I was going to fake-claim that I'm a 3rd party "king wannabe." A 3rd party that wins if it becomes king and there is no-one who can kill left, or something like that. But then I thought about it and I was like "idk maybe someone is secretly a dumb day-vig and didn't claim because they don't trust me... can't take the risk." lool.

Top Bottom