• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Every match should be MK dittos IDC'ing. No ledgegrab rule, nothing to cripple Meta Knight in the slightest. In fact, as soon as one of the MK players gets at least 1% lead, you could end the match with the person who got damage losing automatically.
So tournaments would be incredibly faster, we could make far more events like LT stuff, and have, like, Bo7-matches in all important bracket games.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just make MK dittos RPS instead. At least they can be more fun.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Every match should be MK dittos IDC'ing. No ledgegrab rule, nothing to cripple Meta Knight in the slightest. In fact, as soon as one of the MK players gets at least 1% lead, you could end the match with the person who got damage losing automatically.
So tournaments would be incredibly faster, we could make far more events like LT stuff, and have, like, Bo7-matches in all important bracket games.
I think I just CAME...

Kaffei

Smash Hero
"#
jinnarin
9 months ago
step 1: player 1 chooses their character and color
step 2: player 1 goes down to where it displays his name and hits A twice, closing the box.
step 3: player 2 selects the same character and color
step 3: Either player switches it to team mode
step 4: Player 1 hits A once on the same area as before, putting him back in the game as his character
step 5: Switch it back to free for all
boom, same color. Works with as many players as you want. "

Is this legit^ ???

OverLade

Smash Hero
The funniest thing about all of this...

is that MK is still the best character even approaching, still dominates tourney results even with all of these rules. He's still the best character by a sizeable margin and the easiest to play.

Now imagine a world...where there were absolutely NO RULES to limit MK. Honestly...I'd want to see it happen at, at least one national tourney.

Roie

Smash Cadet

is that MK is still the best character even approaching, still dominates tourney results even with all of these rules. He's still the best character by a sizeable margin and the easiest to play.

Now imagine a world...where there were absolutely NO RULES to limit MK. Honestly...I'd want to see it happen at, at least one national tourney.
I'm fairly certain that planking as mk is unstoppable even with perfect play and execution. There has to be some limit to planking or the game isn't even playable.

Kaffei

Smash Hero

That would just throw NEO's song out the door.

plank plank IDC across stage grab other ledge plank more omg he off stage scrooge to other ledge IDC back and forth plank plank

PottyJokes

Smash Apprentice
yo i hate mk too, the other player is not better than me. i am 100% sure on this, its his character carrying him. when you ban him there will be an influx of low tiers taking top placings at tourneys trust me i did the math

OverLade

Smash Hero
yo i hate mk too, the other player is not better than me. i am 100% sure on this, its his character carrying him. when you ban him there will be an influx of low tiers taking top placings at tourneys trust me i did the math
Don't act like there aren't a **** ton of people who win with MK that arent that good. I don't support a ban because some of us just want to have a legit match but don't act like it's not true. And even plenty of "legit' MKs get bull**** wins because they're MK.

GO READ SOME TOLIET HUMOR.

pony of endless death

Smash Rookie
some1 needs to hack brawl and give MK a bunch of boosts

Cause when you have people winning tournaments with other characters its not right.

snake and diddy ****

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Don't act like there aren't a **** ton of people who win with MK that arent that good. I don't support a ban because some of us just want to have a legit match but don't act like it's not true. And even plenty of "legit' MKs get bull**** wins because they're MK.

GO READ SOME TOLIET HUMOR.
ive seen ice climbers get some bs wins to lmao. well ive seen every character, but ics get a lot of dumb stuff

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I have seen IC's get more free wins than almost any other character.

By that I mean people who don't want to play gay against them, and think "OH BOY LET ME JUST APPROACH THEM FOR 8 MINUTES, OH LORDY NO I HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF CAMPING". Lol people it's not that hard, just camp them or kill Nana and leave Popo alone. Problem solved.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Popo alone is terrible. A lot of characters can camp him and he's nearly useless. Why approach him when you can camp him and take like less than 30% and never die? If you are on the same stock as him or have a stock lead, he's screwed.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Popo alone is terrible. A lot of characters can camp him and he's nearly useless. Why approach him when you can camp him and take like less than 30% and never die? If you are on the same stock as him or have a stock lead, he's screwed.
Can I just spam dair

Damage Points

Smash Ace
Who do u view ha having the advantage in a IC vs Wario matchup.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
ive seen ice climbers get some bs wins to lmao. well ive seen every character, but ics get a lot of dumb stuff
Well yea, they're based on dumb stuff. The difference is the risk v. reward factor of their dumb stuff.

MK has virtually no risk for his dumb stuff.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
"#
jinnarin
9 months ago
step 1: player 1 chooses their character and color
step 2: player 1 goes down to where it displays his name and hits A twice, closing the box.
step 3: player 2 selects the same character and color
step 3: Either player switches it to team mode
step 4: Player 1 hits A once on the same area as before, putting him back in the game as his character
step 5: Switch it back to free for all
boom, same color. Works with as many players as you want. "

Is this legit^ ???
Yes it is. It's amazing

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
No bro marth vs snake is even...except on final lol:laugh:
I was refering to marths learning curve notice how I said 3 months, most people don't have the technical skill with marth to beat snake, it takes time.

and marth has an advantedge on snake on brinstar, its actually really good for marth but better for MK

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
you must have the logic of Paris in the Illiad

the type of person who would try to take the wife of the king of sparta and not expect a consequence

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Helen of Troy was originally "Helen of Sparta", until Paris abducts her in the Iliad; most people remember her as Helen of Troy, however, because of her part in the Odyssey.

/ancientGreekliterature

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Helen of Troy was originally "Helen of Sparta", until Paris abducts her in the Iliad; most people remember her as Helen of Troy, however, because of her part in the Odyssey.

/ancientGreekliterature
Not to be a ****, but Homer wasn't published for a long time. It's actually Greek oral tradition.

/classicsnerd

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
point is his logic is bad.

I could go on about Paris infinite wisdom like not picking Athena in the challenge (******* you could have got the girl with her too)

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Not to be a ****, but Homer wasn't published for a long time. It's actually Greek oral tradition.

/classicsnerd
*whinewhinewhinewhinewhine*

Fine, Thio; be that way.

... :p

I'll say this: Greek oral tradition? The MK ban thread is turning out to be the "Rule 34" of discussion topics; if it can be discussed, it's in this thread.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
^Yeah there isn't enough QQ over EVERY SINGLE THING POSSIBLE for this to be like the WoW forums.
This community is equally bad, we're just not all playing the same game.

Melee boards: Elitist PvPers
BBR: Elitist raiders
Character boards: Class discussions
Regional boards: Realm forums
Tactical: Class role forums (condensed) + R&D
General forums: Casuals
Hacking forums: paper here, rock is fine nerf scissors players

etc

We're just a smaller community and, as I said, we're not all playing the same game (Smash 64, melee, brawl, hacked brawls), and thus aren't in conflict as often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom