• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Metaknight Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

humble

Smash Ace
Tommy please stop...

I am a Pit player. I go to tourneys with Pit. I am notorious in my area for being an extremely gay and campy player, and I plank in tournament, in friendlies, in doubles, and piss everyone off. I know the data, and the truth is, Pit's planking is so far removed from the level of MKs planking.

MK is literally unpunishable, and so is far more broken. Pits planking is good because it is proactive- he can arrow spam off the ledge and so he presents a threat even while on the ledge, whereas MK is basically "don't stand on the ledge and you won't take damage." The reason his is so much better however, is that his armor has no chinks- his planking can't be stopped.

MK is unstoppable on the ledge and broken. Pit is annoying on the ledge but beatable.

For example, the only character capable of stopping MKs planking is MK. For pit, his can be stopped by;
MK- doesn't need explaining at all, don't even try to plank against him.
Snake- grenades, though less effective if you know the timing, and C4 dropped, or Nikatas dropped, while technically they are all avoidable within reaction time, its an annoying pace breaker and you won't be very safe. Bair lingers and can be dangerous for us as well.
Marth- his dair outspaces uair. However you can flee under the stage to the other side and he can't stop it, so when he approaches glide under the stage, and arrow plank.
Wario- He can space his dair much more effectively then our uair so he can hit out hand and stop it.
D3- His dair outranges uair, he can hover camp above us.
Lucario- His dair can be used above us and it'll hit our hand with the disjoint.
G&W- He can bacon off the edge (can be avoided, but stops any proactive attempts) and key through the stage.

And thats only through B tier. Really, Pits planking is flawed, if good. MKs is flawless. Tommy, please stop over estimating Pit. Frame data, experience, and logic all dictate that Pits planking is significantly worse then MKs, and is no threat to the metagame.

Roie

Smash Cadet
actually i think link can plank the best bc my friend does it and i cant beat it and im the best player ever so there

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
actually i think link can plank the best bc my friend does it and i cant beat it and im the best player ever so there
can you teach me how to infinite 2 characters at the same time with ice climbers.

I want to learn how to do it for doubles

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Tommy please stop...

I am a Pit player. I go to tourneys with Pit. I am notorious in my area for being an extremely gay and campy player, and I plank in tournament, in friendlies, in doubles, and piss everyone off. I know the data, and the truth is, Pit's planking is so far removed from the level of MKs planking.

MK is literally unpunishable, and so is far more broken. Pits planking is good because it is proactive- he can arrow spam off the ledge and so he presents a threat even while on the ledge, whereas MK is basically "don't stand on the ledge and you won't take damage." The reason his is so much better however, is that his armor has no chinks- his planking can't be stopped.

MK is unstoppable on the ledge and broken. Pit is annoying on the ledge but beatable.

For example, the only character capable of stopping MKs planking is MK. For pit, his can be stopped by;
MK- doesn't need explaining at all, don't even try to plank against him.
Snake- grenades, though less effective if you know the timing, and C4 dropped, or Nikatas dropped, while technically they are all avoidable within reaction time, its an annoying pace breaker and you won't be very safe. Bair lingers and can be dangerous for us as well.
Marth- his dair outspaces uair. However you can flee under the stage to the other side and he can't stop it, so when he approaches glide under the stage, and arrow plank.
Wario- He can space his dair much more effectively then our uair so he can hit out hand and stop it.
D3- His dair outranges uair, he can hover camp above us.
Lucario- His dair can be used above us and it'll hit our hand with the disjoint.
G&W- He can bacon off the edge (can be avoided, but stops any proactive attempts) and key through the stage.

And thats only through B tier. Really, Pits planking is flawed, if good. MKs is flawless. Tommy, please stop over estimating Pit. Frame data, experience, and logic all dictate that Pits planking is significantly worse then MKs, and is no threat to the metagame.
Opinions and theory crafting is cool.

Besides, I think you missed one of my points.

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by giuocob
So...shall we just troll each other, then?
/quote

Sounds good.

DK is the best planker in the game. "

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Ironic statement is ironic.

Hi pot, I'm kettle. As you may have noticed, I am black. Feel free to point this out and miss the irony in that you are also black.
kthnxbye.
Ironic reply is ironic.

Did you read the quote? That might give you more clarity of where I stand in this argument and where I have stood in this argument for the whole day.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I think if pits planking was as "detrimental" to the game as metaknight people would actually be *****ing about it.

humble

Smash Ace
Just because MK has more options to not get hit while planking doesn't mean Pit can't plank.

Example: MK has 5 options to where he won't get hit unless predicted.
Pit has 3 options to where he won't get hit unless predicted.

If you guess wrong and put yourself in a dangerous position, Pit gets damage on you or a gimp if you have a bad recovery.
If he guesses wrong, the worst that could happen is a bit of damage. He should never get gimped under the stage.

Planking is a problem regardless of MK being able to plank better. Banning planking is more important than banning MK.

Edit: where's that report?
Oh yeah, you're right, we need to stay on topic and talk about Meta Knight!

Let's get some discussion going on how MK's moveset outdoes every other...wait, no we did that already...

Well we could get some data together on how MK's scrooging and planking ruins the...no, done to death...

Well if we could get some good ideas together on how MK's matchups influence-No, no, that's been done at least every 20 pages since this thread's start...

I know, let's speculate on the possible implications a MK ban could have on the...oh, who am I kidding...

So...shall we just troll each other, then?
10char look at post times

OverLade

Smash Hero

Hi pot, I'm kettle. As you may have noticed, I am black. Feel free to point this out and miss the irony in that you are also black.
kthnxbye.
While Tommy does play falco, he is not of african descent to my knowledge, probably uses at least SPF 35, and does not qualify as black.

NNID
Budget_Player
If you're going to cling to your frame data like it's what decides everything, then there's nothing I can say to you to make you realize the error of what you're saying.

tl;dr of the post I would have made. Pit can deal more damage with his ledge mixups than the damage he takes.
All right. Prove it.

Sounds good.

DK is the best planker in the game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfk15O3lujY

Solid proof!

kthnxbye.

Count

Smash Champion
I know this was a few pages back and sorry if this has been said but...

Anybody requesting a 98 minute timer obviously doesn't play in a region with overswarm or kel.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
While Tommy does play falco, he is not of african descent to my knowledge, probably uses at least SPF 35, and does not qualify as black.
I never use sunscreen, but I always get burned.....it sucks.

I'm as black as not being black comes.

solecalibur

Smash Master
His avatar kind of gives it away and little known fact anything after 10 SPF doesnt matter they just kept adding numbers to state HEY LOOK AT US WE HAVE MORE NUMBERS

On topic I completely agree with count lol and I believe DMG is known for timing people out

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Actually no, there is good reason to use sunscreen over SPF 10. 20 or more is a good number to aim for.

link2702

Smash Champion
hmm....so....now the topic has shifted from mk again....to when and when NOT to use sunscreen.......

went from stage lists, to how good other characters planking ability was (though once again shown to not be anywhere near the level that Mk's is) back to mk for just a sec, to finally....sunscreen......

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
hmm....so....now the topic has shifted from mk again....to when and when NOT to use sunscreen.......

went from stage lists, to how good other characters planking ability was (though once again shown to not be anywhere near the level that Mk's is) back to mk for just a sec, to finally....sunscreen......

Welcome to SWF. Can we help you?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
We offer a large variety of subjective and objective arguments about every topic not smash related within this section of SWF, and occasionally something smash related too

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Welcome to Brawl, you must be new here. I hope you enjoy your stay. Wearing sunscreen is smart, it's hot at the camp site.
no I am not new but my burns are getting serious enough that I need to start wearing sunscreeen while playing a video game inside, it just doesn't occur to people that they need to do that while playing brawl.

or mabey me maining marth doesn't help because I almost always have to approuch at least once and not camp

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This thread is going to stay closed. Any discussion regarding metaknight belongs in the metaknight forums. Any discussion regarding banning him or anything of the sort should be done in social groups. The SBR is not currently holding any votes or discussing metaknight.

I'm sure everyone who has been posting in this or one of the other four threads knows how redundant it gets. All this topic is doing right now is serving to be a playground for trolls and off topic discussion.

You are always free to make social groups to discuss this if you want, but topics about metaknight in anywhere on the forums but the metaknight boards will be closed.

If you have any problems with this you can direct them at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom