• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

UncleSam

Smash Master
Since when has he ever used bombs?

Luigi has hammers for the 15th time

I really don't see why making "different" arsenals matter
JOE feels bad that luigi ends up failing in the end and is taking pity by attempting to buff him.

JOE!

Smash Hero
lols

anywho, is lucario done or not?

and what do you think changes with the new mario bros in play?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Yea Lucario is done. And what do you propose for the Mario Bros? REL and I have given enough input already. And you can skip Pika v. Yoshi; US cleared that one up for me so we can move on to Wario's MUs.

JOE!

Smash Hero
when did US clear it up?

so for the record, luc loses all.....

Pika vs Yoshi = who? (im assuming pika since yoshi = lulz)

and for arsenals:

Weegee: Tomahawks and lol Poltergust

Mario: Super Scope

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Polt kills Olimar. And yea he explained it to me via VM. I didn't understand Pika's electricity too well so yea Pika wins.

And thank you for the items. I'll update the chart for Lucario and Luigi tonight.

UncleSam

Smash Master
and if you still don't get it, lick an unprotected live wire and tell me what happens.
jkjk don't actually do that but you know what I mean.

JOE!

Smash Hero
and if you still don't get it, lick an unprotected live wire and tell me what happens.
jkjk don't actually do that but you know what I mean.
i got a boo-boo cus of you :mad:

anywho, updating OP

(shoot me the chart when you're done Nova)

also, on the back room we need....

so far i have 8 brawlers for the new roster, this "season" had 40.....we should try to match it

we need 32 character ideas!

Nova9000

Smash Lord
@ JOE:
I made this in the back room months ago.

Bowser Jr.
Hammer Bros.
Toad/Toadette
Waluigi
Yink (Majora's Mask incarnations)
Banjo/Kazooie
Crash
Megaman
Jeff
Poo
Samurai Goroh
Issac
Wolf Link
Dr. Eggman
Knuckles
Tails
Shadow
Espio
Omega
Little Mac
Scizor
Kangaskan
Primeape
Ditto (lol)
Dragonite *I'm only familar with what's on Brawl and the original 151, so more can be added*
Laura Croft
Master Chief
Ratchet
Jak
Sephiroth
Gray Fox
Conker
Dante
Bomberman

Biggoron
Kraid
Kyorge/Groundon
Minotaur (God of War)

That's like 30 something right there, but I couldn't think of anything else. Plus I also tried to avoid using characters from other fighting games ie. Ryu, Chun-Li, King, Law, Sub-Zero, Raiden, ect.
Anyone can input as well.

@ MU:
IMO Wario loses to Olimar and Tink but beats ICs.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Neat, but next season isnt gonna be just/mainly nintendo....

for example, we will be tackling our own version of Spartan vs Ninja ;)
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8612705&postcount=10984
Cool with me lol. I'm just trying to get into that round.
Shelda v. Kratos
Also I forgot that we never did Pit v. TL, so if you could add that MU in the OP that would be apprectaited.

And since the weapons switched for teh Mario Bros, I had to switch some more results (and I saw a mishap in my chart; ZSS < Mario), so they are as follows:
Since no one reads this is the easiest way to get things stated
:samus2: 38-0
:link2: 30-8
:ivysaur: 21-15-2
:diddy: 16-22
:mario2: 30-8
:falcon: 30-8
:ike: 25-13
:bowser2: 33-5
:fox: 35-1-2
:snake: 34-1-3
:luigi2: 25-13
:zelda::shiek: 29-9
:zerosuitsamus: 35-2-1
:roymelee: 22-15-1
:wolf: 34-3-1
:mewtwo: 9-29
:marth: 21-17
:lucario: 9-29
:pikachu2: 14-24
:falco: 32-6
:ganondorf: 24-14
:yoshi2: 5-32-1
:dedede: 5-33
:pichu: 3-35
:metaknight: 2-36
:jigglypuff: 0-37-1
:kirby2: 0-37-1

Preguntas?

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
I doubt you've ever heard of him, but next round you should put in Dollmaster from Threads of Fate.

And yeah, put in Sephiroth. Knock him down a few notches with that uselessly long sword of his.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Oh and JOE!, are you still considering doing boss fights? The yellow names in my list were for those, but it's your call.

*waits for Wario talk*

JOE!

Smash Hero
Oh and JOE!, are you still considering doing boss fights? The yellow names in my list were for those, but it's your call.

*waits for Wario talk*
yeah, I figured :p

and yes, there will be bosses

and as for ninja vs spartan:

you only got 1 of the brawlers right there

UncleSam

Smash Master
Neat, but next season isnt gonna be just/mainly nintendo....

for example, we will be tackling our own version of Spartan vs Ninja ;)
we already have a discussion for non brawl characters.
it's called the lighthouse, it's a cool place.

now I'm going to go theorize exotic matter :p
unless there's something more interesting I could be doing now.
I mean we're pretty much done with discussions.

JOE!

Smash Hero
yeah, but these non-brawl chars will now be part of the deadliest brawler, and may even go head to head with our 1st season's roster

anywho, you guys wanna speed-round this?

we have wario, Tink, then Zard and Sonic

Sonic vs Squirtle is a draw methinks, as Sonic would be too big i think for squirtle to really kill...and sonic is lolphail

Zard vs IC's: Fire is super effective...lol

Zard vs Peach: interesting...fire = peach explodes cus she has the bombs on person...yet can zard effectivley avoid bombs himself?

REL38

Smash Lord
yeah, but these non-brawl chars will now be part of the deadliest brawler, and may even go head to head with our 1st season's roster
That would mean a length of time where discussion of non-Brawl/Smash related characters will become the center focus of the thread

Chun Li vs Master Chief

*lock*

anywho, you guys wanna speed-round this?

we have wario, Tink, then Zard and Sonic

Sonic vs Squirtle is a draw methinks, as Sonic would be too big i think for squirtle to really kill...and sonic is lolphail
Sonic is at a far greater disadvantage for not even being able to move well

Basically, a lump whose only defense is a series of lolkeratin spines which can be avoided with major ease

Squirtle can reliabley move and create force behind any attack
It can scratch at Sonic's apendages to eventually draw blood from a series of cuts to basically cause blood poisoning or some other harming result of open wounds/blood loss
Sonic really can't run away from being scratched away by Squirtle's meager efforts so it's really just given to Squirtle

Zard vs IC's: Fire is super effective...lol
Depending on the range of his fire
As well as the quantity and degree of heat it produces

IC's could possibly bait n' switch to harm Charizard given how lacking he is in the mobility department
Getting face to fire from not spacing well will probably happen and be worse if it catches fire onto their parkas, but being burned alive won't happen since removing the parkas is pretty easy

I'm seeing it shift more so to IC's

Zard vs Peach: interesting...fire = peach explodes cus she has the bombs on person...yet can zard effectivley avoid bombs himself?
Is this suggesting Firebreath has 20ft of range?
Peach can cook n' throw the bombs from a safe distance and not get affected by the flames
Charizard more than likely can't move quick enough to get out of the blast radius of the explosion

Peach, really

Nova9000

Smash Lord
REL has a point. The minute we don't involve a SSBB/M character in this, the minute we get locked. Maybe we start a new thread in the lighthouse? ANd then have a link that send here for every other MU done?

And I saw Sonic v. Squirt as a draw since Squirt has no claws. All he has is his beak and shell. And against Sonic who could curl up in a ball, exposing only his backside and hair, I couldn't see how he'd win.

Peach I had beating Zard just because of the range. He has really bad mobility so Peach could run and bomb his wings.

ICs is a toss up. If their mallets catch on fire, they can only win by kicking (cleats) his body. But if they get past his flames, then GGs Zard.

Wario anyone?

Sieguest

Smash Master
Sonic is at a far greater disadvantage for not even being able to move well

Basically, a lump whose only defense is a series of lolkeratin spines which can be avoided with major ease

Squirtle can reliabley move and create force behind any attack
It can scratch at Sonic's apendages to eventually draw blood from a series of cuts to basically cause blood poisoning or some other harming result of open wounds/blood loss
Sonic really can't run away from being scratched away by Squirtle's meager efforts so it's really just given to Squirtle
He's not THAT much fail. Sonic IS capable of movement, even if he has to crawl. I bet it would be better than turtle speed. Turn around and stiff kick squirtle in the face. Or get the turtle on its back and GG.

JOE!

Smash Hero
squirtle's tail = lolno to death by flip

also, why would this be locked if we included non-smash characters, as long as we still discussed them?

(for example, with the newcomers we will be doing MUs vs season 1 smashers)

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Unless you only feature "x" character v. SSB character for EVERY MU, it could cost us an infraction. If you keep it to that format, then it should be fine. But these days, certain people wanna infract and close threads so we have to keep our guard up.

And I guess no1 refutes Wario? he beats ICs but loses the other matches. If not then lets move on to Tink.

JOE!

Smash Hero
wait, who wants to randomly go around and infract threads? especially if it's the biggest one next to the one started like the day brawl came out?

JOE!

Smash Hero
...so how does that work?

thats like Nintendo pulling mario games off the shelves because theres a cameo from DK

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I think it's fine.

I'm happy you guys are taking this into consideration, but honestly, this thread isn't really off the rails too much.

You could easily argue that it's important to consider the matchup of 'x-non-nintendo-character' against 'y-non-nintendo-character' under the premise that it may expose character flaws/weaknesses that would otherwise go unseen.

Carry on fellas.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Thanks Vyse.

Now that we know, all we have to do now is finish this chart and start up season 2 before June.

JOE!

Smash Hero
ok, so Squirt vs Sonic is draw

Zard vs Peach = peach

Zard vs ICs = Zard more likley?

now wario only beats ICs?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Wario only beats ICs since he overpowers them and can use their hammers better than they can. Tink has too much to throw at him and Olimar can overwhelm him with Pikmin. Plus Wario would probably eat a white just because.

Charizard loses to Peach. Her weapons can go beyond Zard's range of flame and kill, especially if he flames a nade. But vs. ICs I'm undecided with, since I could see it going either way. Mobility is crucial if you don't have it (DDD), so Zard fails there. Plus he has all those weak spots in his neck, tail, and wings. ICs have to come very close though to kill with their mallets. They're made of wood, so they could get burned easily. And then Zard has those claws as well, which could give some fatal slashes. I dunno about this MU.

Sonic has no mobility either, so he can't use his quills effectively like a regular hedgehog can. And Squirtle has to try and kill something that is a lot bigger than him and he can't really rely on physical attacks due to the threat of getting punctured. So that is why I call this one a draw.

That knocks out Wario, Sonic, and Zard with the exception of ICs.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Zard has some decent mobility methinks...he has rather large legs, so im assuming theres some muscle there to make him get around (allthough not as effeciently)

Top Bottom