• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

RWB

Smash Ace
Tink wins vs pit due to what allways wins: more effectivness at different ranges.

the boomerang is kinda silly though, why the hell would he use it is he has a bow?
Because of it's superior range, perhaps? Even the worst Boomerangs have longer reach than Tink's bow.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I'm appalled after reading the last bit of posts. It seems most people have thrown physics out of the window.

The boomerang being silly? A pure lack of knowledge of physics and motion at best. Rather not name it at its worse.

<.< Next thing you know the slingshot will be disregarded as hogwash.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I'm appalled after reading the last bit of posts. It seems most people have thrown physics out of the window.
Elaborate plz?

The boomerang being silly? A pure lack of knowledge of physics and motion at best. Rather not name it at its worse.

<.< Next thing you know the slingshot will be disregarded as hogwash.
I don't think JOE! meant it as in useless, but in comparison to his other options the boomerang wouldn't be the best one. Now mid range, I say it becomes more relevant, but Tink has better options in far and close range combat.
And the slingshot is nice, but again, compared to the bow it's obselete. Unless he didn't have the time to load it properly, in which case the slingshot is better since loading it and moving is easy to do.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Exactly @ Nova, hell my exact words ere:

"why the hell would he use it if he has a bow?"

anywho, updating the Op soon...

then, Season 2 will start, TODAY!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Bows have limited ammunition, while lacking the range, it would still allow him to have the range edge over a number of opponents, and if used properly it's pretty accurate.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Indeed, but still a boomerang most likley wont kill you if you're hit, whereas an arrow to the head...yeah

Nova9000

Smash Lord
The OP looks amazing JOE!. And I like the descriptions of every character and their placement.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Allright guys! Tier list is posted on the OP.

We will be starting off Season 2 by tonite, once the roster is settled.

I'd just like to thank everyone who's been a part of this thread for keeping it so successful over the past year. Hell, not even a year, and we became the biggest thread on the SITE! (barring the SSB4 thread, which is just a haven for spam and has over a year's head-start)

I'd also like to give a shout-out to sNess California, the ORIGINAL creator of the Deadliest Brawler. He has since left the forums, but without him this all would have never happened.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Is the next season baddies who fight each other? First match up being Goomba vs Shy Guy?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Nope. You'll see what JOE! has in store...he's still working on a few things but by tonight we should be in the new season full throttle.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No man, the Goomba would deffinatly chomp the Shy Guy's head of!

RWB

Smash Ace
Bows have limited ammunition, while lacking the range, it would still allow him to have the range edge over a number of opponents, and if used properly it's pretty accurate.
Again- The boomerang would have an advantage in range compared to Toon Link's bow.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Kratos. I beleive he has the wider range in weaponry, plus he's got those crazy lion head things, which beast any of the lightweight weapons he's got.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Alrighty. Here's my two cents. . .

RYU has the clear speed advantage.

They BOTH canon-wise have bows, so they have about equal projectiles.

KRATOS is clearly stronger (he can tear a man in half with ease among other near impossible things) and has a superior melee range with the Blades of Chaos.

Despite Ryu being a ninja...as far as I know I've -NEVER- seen any stealth in Ninja Gaiden so it remains to be seen how stealthy he could be.

NEITHER of them have any real armor to speak of, at least in their default costumes so an arrow would do either one of them in...Kratos is a bit bigger built so he could probably take more punishment.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I'm thinking Kratos should have his Lion Head fist things...just saying.

Plus the Chain sword (I think those are the blades of chaos) is greated on range, and guard against Ryu's maneuverability.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I'm thinking Kratos should have his Lion Head fist things...just saying.

Plus the Chain sword (I think those are the blades of chaos) is greated on range, and guard against Ryu's maneuverability.
he has both

the Blades of Chaos = Chained Blades, and the Nemean Cestus = Lion head Fist

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Oh my B. Most of my information on GoW is from my friend who describes them like I do.

So back to it then, I think KRatos has Ryu beat with superior weaponry.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Ryu also has A Kusari-Gama, Dragon Sword, and ninja stars to counter his range, along with MUCH better mobility, dont count him out just yet

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Kratos needs expanded weaponry, chaos blades are lol without magic (basically, aerodynamics, chains alone work, but when you attach a blade to it (or make the entire thing a blade) the act of the blade twisting midair destroys any semblance of control. For illustration, try tossing a piece of paper at a target without any folding or other manipulation of it's structure. Except in a vacuum... nada.

This would effect regular swords, except you've got the handle to stabilize it, but without that direct stabilizing effect, it would twist wildly. Even if it was weighted properly, that chain would completely mess with the balance. Also, because it's being thrown from a chain, the initial force lacks the precision required to make it work. Oh, and they're balanced improperly for this.

Nemean Cestus is also lol, WAY TO ****ing large. It's not gonna have the speed required and is gonna be incredibly tiring to use or even carry. In the real world it's useless.

All of Ryu's weapons are directly comparable to actual weapons used in the real world...

Basically... as it's set up, Ryu tears Kratos a new ***hole.

Toss Kratos a bone, give him legit weapons.

JOE!

Smash Hero
he could still use the Chaos Blades in melee range... :p

ok, instead of the lion heads he gets the Nemisis Whip. A long chain-weapon with 3 daggers attached to each end.

he still has the bow, 2 terrifying melee blades and a mid-range weapon.

happy? :p

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
While Adumb is right about the Blades of Chaos being pretty "lawl" as far as the chain-swinging, death-dealing aspect of the weapons...

It is also nearly IMPOSSIBLE to disarm Kratos.

Smooth Criminal

JOE!

Smash Hero
And he can still use them in melee-range. They are esentailly two big, scary cleavers of doom

also, WB Smooth

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
he could still use the Chaos Blades in melee range... :p
Fair enough, but the weight of the chains plus the fact that they're attached limit them considerably (in terms of getting tangled).

Plus, he gets outranged anyway.

ok, instead of the lion heads he gets the Nemisis Whip. A long chain-weapon with 3 daggers attached to each end.
Erm, similar problem, though since they're smaller it will still be usable... just quite inaccurate.

he still has the bow, 2 terrifying melee blades and a mid-range weapon.

happy? :p
Not really....Kratos' weapons unfortunately don't translate very well into the real world for a variety of reasons (spear of destiny, bad proportions for example).

Blade of Olympus, the rather bad nemesis whip, and the bow of apollo.

Blade of Olympus > Blades of Chaos.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Elaborate plz?
F=MA
What exactly is the reason for disregarding the boomerang? All I've seen anyone do is just say:

"It's silly" or
"It'll only leave a bruise" without any such a thing as why or wherefore.

I don't think JOE! meant it as in useless, but in comparison to his other options the boomerang wouldn't be the best one. Now mid range, I say it becomes more relevant, but Tink has better options in far and close range combat.
This exactly proves my above assertion. You haven't said anything definitive as to why the boomerang is sub-par in a sense.

You make it seem as if throwing a boomerang at considerable speed is an impossibility.

At the least thinkable speed. I would guess about 40 mph with a mass of 15kg

You have 600N of force. consider air drag and lower the mph to 30 by time of contact.

450N. Get a hit in a critical area, I think that will do more than just leave a bruise.

And the slingshot is nice, but again, compared to the bow it's obselete. Unless he didn't have the time to load it properly, in which case the slingshot is better since loading it and moving is easy to do.
Because a bow has more power? Even though I could incapacitate you with either weapon. I'd have to kill you after I knocked you out with the slingshot but that wouldn't be much effort. Even though the bow would kill you faster, if I miss I've left myself open. If I miss with a slingshot, loading another stone is as easy as one, two, three, and then I have you at bay again.

@Marthage

A boomerang is altogether a one use (if it hits) weapon that won't cause much else other than a bruise, at best

Good range, but not a very great weapon
Read above.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I know, I just felt that I should give some reasons for what I said earlier instead of just leaving them there and being useless. I'll go back to watching again.

REL38

Smash Lord
The boomerang IS lackluster because of how it measures up to the rest of his arsenal in terms of damage

Not to mention how TL is a kid, force is lowered
Besides, Slingshot > Boomerang

w/e though, TL wins anyways

@MU

Ninja, I suppose
Know next to nothing about either of the two

RWB

Smash Ace
Realistically... Ryu's mobility isn't really that much better than Kratos. Kratos has a more muscular build which generally means more strength in the legs, thus more speed. What Ryu has on him is the fact that he's more agile.

Well, this can go both ways.

Ryu has the better distance weapon for a one on one, but Kratos chain sword beats out all Ryu's close combat choices.

It really depends on Ryu's supply of ninja stars. He cannot wield more than 10, considering his outfit.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1163/1348465144_774cf90351.jpg

If he cannot score a fatal or debiliating hit with the first star, he's in trouble. The stars have an effective range of about 30 feet, meaning once he throws it, Kratos can close the distance before he can get another one ready.

Also, Kratos bow is way superior to the ones Pit and Yink uses. Likely effectiveness area is likely 60 meters or so, which gives him time to aim with one arrow.

This also means Ryu has to close the distance, which isn't favorable to him since Kratos has an easier time attacking him before he can use his stars if Ryu's advancing.

It's close, but I'd say Kratos would 6 out of 10 fights.

A historic ninja would destroy a historic spartan, though.

JOE!

Smash Hero
ninjas cant go through spartan armor :p

but anywho, itd be 600/1000 here cus we do the out of 1000 thing here like the show >.>

with deadly weapns theres lucky shots etc

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Realistically... Ryu's mobility isn't really that much better than Kratos. Kratos has a more muscular build which generally means more strength in the legs, thus more speed. What Ryu has on him is the fact that he's more agile.

Well, this can go both ways.

Ryu has the better distance weapon for a one on one, but Kratos chain sword beats out all Ryu's close combat choices.

It really depends on Ryu's supply of ninja stars. He cannot wield more than 10, considering his outfit.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1163/1348465144_774cf90351.jpg

If he cannot score a fatal or debiliating hit with the first star, he's in trouble. The stars have an effective range of about 30 feet, meaning once he throws it, Kratos can close the distance before he can get another one ready.

Also, Kratos bow is way superior to the ones Pit and Yink uses. Likely effectiveness area is likely 60 meters or so, which gives him time to aim with one arrow.

This also means Ryu has to close the distance, which isn't favorable to him since Kratos has an easier time attacking him before he can use his stars if Ryu's advancing.

It's close, but I'd say Kratos would 6 out of 10 fights.

A historic ninja would destroy a historic spartan, though.
Definitely in Canon, but this is realistic fights...

Kratos' stupid unrealistic weaponry results in him getting *****.

You're forgetting that they both have bows, and you're WAY underestimating the effective range.

That's shortbow range.

Also, Ryu has a number of canonical outfits.

This has been his canonical outfit for much longer, and it's inherently superior to the "rule of cool" one used in the xbox games (note that this also appeared in the xbox games). Since we have a precident of picking the best outfit for the character.

Actually, Ryu, due to the fact that he's also a DOA character has a ****load of costumes (including a full platemail one).

Speaking of which, Kratos has a fair number himself.

ninjas cant go through spartan armor :p

but anywho, itd be 600/1000 here cus we do the out of 1000 thing here like the show >.>

with deadly weapns theres lucky shots etc
lol, even the show proved that ninjas can definately kill.

Which reminds me, other problem with deadliest warrior, only 4 weapons. For warriors whose primary weapon is versatility... That and limited purposing.

Top Bottom