• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*NEW* Official R.O.B. Boards Stage Discussion(Currently discussing Halberd) UPDATED!

Sudai

Stuff here
Buddah, easy solutions to your problems.

#1. I've NEVER benefited from a support ghost once. Its always a hindrance to my ability to control the offstage game.
Treat the area where the support ghost comes up as part of the stage. It makes things a lot easier.
#2. The Gyro game is terri-bad on this stage... And while its true your opponent also cannot pick up the top as easily, Its much more hindering then it is helpful in that regard.
The slants haven't hindered my picking up my gyro since 4 months into the game. Just realize you can't pick it up while you're above it and take that into account when you position your gyro or position yourself relative to it.

#3. The Shy guys.... The shy guys.... The GT with the gyro the slow down the hit box on a bair or Nair to the point of stopping you flat for a moment. I cant count how many times I've been punished during an Aerial due to the slowed framrate generated by those flouting bastions of evil...
Don't try to glide toss when a shy guy is in the way. They don't stay too long. As for the hit lag, use that to your advantage. You don't have to attack the shy guys, but if you do, people tend to underestimate the lag caused by hitting them so it's useful for punishing spot dodges with things other than NAir/BAir (wouldn't recommend hitting shy guys with either unless you're making a BAir brick wall since hitting the shy guy actually makes the hitbox bigger too.)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yee, sv must be next choice, i would do the small write-up again, but i think ill let someone else have a go, particularly seeing as i have no opinion on smashville

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Sv it is I have to...update the thread with YI stuff first.
ohkay, go check about 2/3 pages back, i did a decently large write up on it and people added to it

oh and also, take ike OFF the battlefield recommend to take here list, its the last place you want to fight ike on, his platform pressure is second to onyl marth

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I love this stage but never choose it because it scares me. At my last tournament, I SDed because I pressed side-b instead of up-b and it costed me the match. NIGHTMARES :mad:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
okay, so we're now onto smashville...go on, ill attempt to start up

features:
+short stage alows flying underneath to grab the other ledge much easier
+fully charged gyro makes for an excellect edgeguarder due to the length of the stage
+lack of tilts makes laser bouncing easier
+the balloon can refresh moves if you get the time
+deceptively short blast zones to the sides can make B-air/gimps killz much easier

-moving platform allows for people to recover from potetial gimps
-shorter stage makes camping harder and fully charged gyro goes off side
-moving platform allows people to approach you while holding shield (albeit slowly)
-background music sucks(not sure if this is a legitimate reason)
-smooth ledge means no-one get gimped by the ledge

characters not to take here:
-wolf (stress this one massively, he loves it here)
-marth (sides perfect distance for a fair chain kill)
-snake (moving C4)
-others (i cant dont, i rarely paly here)

who to take here:
-falco (possibly)
-other (im not really sure who gets owned by this stage TBH)

yeah, enjoy the template, add to this

TheMike

Smash Lord
Hey SixMizu, I think it would be nice if you add the following on the advantage section of Yoshi's Island:

+ROB can't get stage spiked

TheMike

Smash Lord
+He does against characters that can avoid gimps by attacking him, like Meta Knight
+His off stage game gets safer than it already is

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
-Everyone has a bad air game against Meta Knight
-That's arguable. ROB is limited to the edge and that ghost can pop up randomly and mess you up. You can't go under the stage or maneuver well. The angle at the edge allows enemies to hit you before you get to the stage too.

TheMike

Smash Lord
+Not being stage spiked is good against Meta Knight
+Why not to have a safer off stage game if there isn't any disadvantage besides the ones already listed?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
-Why would you or the MK choose YI? There's better choices for both.
-It's not safer.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
-You shouldn't be getting stage spiked, ROB's recovery is good enough to not be in such a position.

TheMike

Smash Lord
+I still think it's safer, but I also think we should take this discussion to VMs if you want to continue with it.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
-Im gonna go play Phoenix wright. I just don't think YI is a good choice when you have both cruises and frigate to use. Delfino sometimes.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I would say this is very neutral to Rob, nothing bad, nothing good. The moving platform is usually in the way thought. I would never CP this stage as Rob. Also, I hate this stage.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Don't take Snake here, the platform can stop us from gimping him.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
I love this stage but never choose it because it scares me. At my last tournament, I SDed because I pressed side-b instead of up-b and it costed me the match. NIGHTMARES :mad:
I hate when that happens, it happens to me now and then.

Sorry for the double post.

TheMike

Smash Lord
-Im gonna go play Phoenix wright. I just don't think YI is a good choice when you have both cruises and frigate to use. Delfino sometimes.
I don't like it, either. But I think not being stage spiked is something that should be at least listed.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I really don't like this stage, to be honest. We have a thing around here, at all WI/IL tournaments, instead of stage striking, people always just say, "Smashville?" I'm usually the only guy that says no to just going to Smashville, because I really don't like it at all, I'll agree to it sometimes though. I just find it hard to camp against certain people, the platform doesn't do anything for us(usually), but it saves a bunch of other people. I don't know, I've just played this stage so much, it's not even a fun stage to me anymore. It may just be my own personal bias against the stage though. ROB probably isn't too bad here, I just like other stages more. Overall, it's okay as a neutral, but I would never counterpick this stage against anyone.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Oh, I didn't know the rules here was that strict, Sudai.

Trillest

Smash Ace
Smashville is an ok stage but it offers no benefits for rob except allowing to get aerial against characters with a poor aerial game. However the size of the stage restricts our ability to camp a fair bit and forces up to approach or stay in mid range which is why i wouldnt take a snake here. Tbh i don't recommend going here but i cant strongly argue against the stage. I'd say 5/10

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I agree with Zombie Swarm, why the hell do people like this stage? It sucks!
Now for Rob, it's just far worse than FD and the platform gives you problems, the stage isn't too good. Strike it.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I actually wouldn't strike SV. I think depending on your opponent, ROB should strike other stages (YI comes to mind) before SV. The place isn't a utopia, but it's not strike worthy against most characters IMO either.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
sv is liek the in between of neutrals, if youre more campy, you want fd, if youre less campy, you want Bf, i tend to choose bf because as an ike main i can platform pressure better than any other part of my game.

but one thing to know, if you get to stage strike, in teh manner of 'you take first pick, they strike next two then you strike 4th stage to choose the stage to go to' no-one EVER strikes SV. so if you want to force a certain stage, you can ban a stage they might love, and hope they leave your favourite stage unstiked, if they dont, sv is fine, if they do, then laugh evily as you get your favourite stage.

its the most equal stage of all time, but never take snake here because of the moving C4 and possibility of a save from the platform (from a cyphergrab, that is)

5 or 6/10

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I ALWAYS strike SV, I just hate it after about 2500+ matches there! And I hate neutrals, ****ed up stages like Brinstar are the best. BF isn't too good for Rob, depends on MU, take Marth there and die.

Sudai

Stuff here
I actually never got burnt out on SV. I've been striking it ever since stage striking started. Was never overly good for ROB and I had seen way too many matches go to SV before my first match at the tourney. lol

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Should we go on to the next stage? =/
I hope this isn't going to be inactive.

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
i like SV. it is long enough to camp. the moving platform can be trouble, but you can get usmash kills on it from time to time. it's really not the bad of a stage. and for some reason, i can do a lot more damage with glide tossing on this stage. idk if its because it's a bit shorter or what, but i can pull off fun things sometimes. i give it a 6.5/10

Heartstring

Smash Legend
sv is just boring, it would be ok if it had some amazing music on it to make the boring fight better, but it dosent.
there is nothing really to say here, i was hoping other people could

Top Bottom