• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Mains Interview Thread! Interview: TooBusyToCare!

Padô

Smash Lord
Dyno,

As I said before Work and College are demanding too much for me BUT, some friends keep trying to convince me too go REALLY HARD, seriously, it's too much pressure, every time I talk to some of those friends they try to convince me at any costs... But who knows.

Claus s3

Yeah, Pedo joke is really old on the Brazilian Forums I'm really used to it, you can have sex here with 14- girls/boys(?) since you can prove she/he wanted it.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Waft-OLi

Q. Waft-Oli why Wario ?

A. I chose Wario as soon as i found out he can kill with a fart, i thought it was funny so i stayed with him.

Q. Being a well known wifi player does the offline/online debate ever make you grow tired?

A. I play more offline than i do online now, i really don't care about people calling me a wifi player. The best players started off from wifi.

Q. What advice would you give to new Warios?

A. My advice to new Wario's is to watch lots of wario videos, like fiction, futile, malcolm etc etc.

Q. What match ups do you dislike?

A. I really hate D3 and Pikachu.

Q. Are you on the PR in FL?

A. I am not on the FL PR, but seibrik did tell me i have a chance :p

Q. Who's better you or Masky?

A. Masky is better at timing people out. I still think i am the better Wario. **** YOU MASKY.

Q. What influence your playstyle with Wario ?

A. Fiction, aggro defensive Wario all the way mix it up with combos and surprise people with a random Waft every now and then.

Q. If you couldn't play as Wario, who would be your main?

A. I would main Snake.

Q. What is the Best/Worst Stage for you?

A. Best stage Brinstar, worst stage FD/halberd.

Q. What is your favorite Wario Outfit?

A. Classic Wario.

Q. You seem to be playing a love game with DMG. Is it true?

A. no not in a million years, will i ever play anything related to love with DMG.

Q. Waft-Oli, You are awesome?

A. i am awesome

Q. why does debom hate me? :(

A. no idea why debom hates you.

Q. Waft oli, if you woke up in a strange room in which you never thought u would end up, what would you do first?

A. :/ i will get up and look around.

Q. What do you think about hot chicks?

A. hot girls are the best thing in the world.

Q.About Fair > Waft... Do you really trust this "almost" combo?

A. Fair to Waft is not a combo, many haters believe that it is worthless to do. I just think it is a great mind game.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Pado

Q. Pado: Hows it feel to be, pretty much, the only wario in Brazil.

A. It feels really great, there are some people which second him but they are scrubs, I managed to put Wario on a pedestal down here since I made him look a bit good, he was VERY underrated.

Q. Do you travel OOC?

A. I REALLY plan to play OOC but, unfortunately during the last few months my work and the college are demanding way too much from me, I really hope all this pressure go to hell so I can go to a BIG tourney up there. I play a LOT OoS though.

Q. Why wario?

A. Well, Wario is really really funny, I got all his games for Nintendos consoles but the GC one. When the Japanese version came out I started to watch some videos from a player named Zjinn, he was the first player I'd seen playing Wario since then I wanted to play him. When the game came out officially I tried to play him but I failed so hard with his UpB that I gave up but, after half a year training and watching a lot of videos from newer Wario Players, I started to pick him up on tourneys. Basically, I already liked Wario a lot and allied with some great gameplay footage I picked him up.

Q. Is it tough coming to SWF and it not being your native language?

A. Not really, I studied English well (at least I think I did), honestly posting frequently here is helping me out to keep my english in good shape.

Q. How do you fair against other players in Brazil ?

A. You mean FAir? Well, It depends on the matchups, but I'd rather not use Fair too much I prefer using Dairs/Nairs, but as I said before it REALLY depends on the matchups I'm playing.

Q. What is the tourney scene like in Brazil ?

A. We got a solid community down here. Our biggest torunament got around 200 entrants. And the Monthlies get around 50 people. Unfortunately, peple just wanna play down here, there ain't much people that want to improve their knowledge, I mean, knowing MORE about their characters, stages, frame datas, MatchUps... They prefer to learn all by their selves, it's that ****ing 'pride' that PX and I talked about a few months ago.

Q. Who's your favorite Wario?

A. This is a really hard question. I like ALL you, on each video I watch from you guys I just get something nice from your play style and try to implement this on mine. I think I've watched ALL videos on the Video Thread. And, I don't like mentioning names, all of you guys are really great, If I tried to mention all your names this answer would have about 15 lines.

Q. When you're not playing brawl what are you doing ?

A. can't play Brawl too much anymore, I've have been playing it just on weekends and it's not frequently. Work and college is taking ALL my time lol, I'm lucky because I can access the SWF from my jobs computer, like I'm doing now so I'm almost all the time active here and on the Brazilian Forums, watching videos, discussing and etc.

Q. How hot are the girls in Brazil ?

A. Well they seem normal to me. I think I'm just used to big *****, string bikinis and stuff, as Oli said, hot girls are the best thing in the world, I can't even imagine living without'em lol.

Q. IF you do come to America can you bring some of those Brazil babes? (if you do I'll house you ^_^)

A. Just get your self ready boy.

Q. Why is your Metaknight avatar flicking me off? I'm a nice guy, I don't deserve that!

A. I'm sorry PX. I gotta change this ASAP, It's stupid and not even close to funny ¬¬

Q. Do you feel are the sole reason of Wario doing so well in Brazil's 1st tier list?

A. Hmm, as weird as it might seem... Yes, I 'stepped up' Wario in Brazil. After I started to play him people started to notice how good I was getting with him and some even tried to main him after it. I've beaten ALL best Brazilian players down here on tournaments, my tournament placings were/are really good and I got an ENORMOUS easy time against MKs, no really, I can just play really well against them, so well that this was another point to get him even higher on the tier list and to incentivate people to pick him up more, at least second him(all of them failed so bad against MK because they didn't know the matchup rofl).

Q.How do you feel about MK?

A. It's the best character in the game definetely. He's got the safest options, the fastest moves, the highest priority, he's fast and stuff you already know. I'm pro-ban not but because I john about him(as I said I can play well agaisnt them), it's just because I worry about the Smash Community, people are starting to pick him up because he just have the higgest margin to win If well played and no 'bad' matchups, I'm just scared on how bad the situation might become you know...

Q. Do you think bringing a Wario helmet/hat + moustache to a tourney would be wicked?

A. Man, the guy that took the pictures on our frame data thread, Bahamut, COSPLAYED a BIKER WARIO, it was too good, I just couldn't play Brawl while he was by my side, I started to look at him and laugh helplessly. So YES, It'd be WICKED.

Q. wasnt wario one of the bottom tier characters in brazil? or was that chile or somewhere else?

A. NO! It was on Chile, they suck. What kind of irrational animal would put Wario on BOTTOM?

I'm gonna add Snap.

I will contact Damage Points, Toobusytocare, Malcolm, and Krystedez as well

I guess reflex too since he mains Wario again <3

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Sweet.

Give me a time period sometime after MLG Columbus, that way I can have something more interesting to talk about hopefully. (either doing well or doing okay)...

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Snap: what happened to crackle & pop?

Who is your favorite wario player?

When did you start playing smash?

Why smash over any other game?

Why wario over any other character?

How are you going to make your way go GA again? < was mad fun last time.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Snap: what happened to crackle & pop?

They had some terrible DI :(

Who is your favorite wario player?

To watch? Krsytadez lately. Hes sooo crazy haha. Reflex was like, inspirational, along with fiction of course.

But to hang with I gotta go with my ***** BMX.

and you dyno ;P and on the boards i gotta say almost legendary ;)

When did you start playing smash?

about three months pre brawl drop date, I was playing melee and heard that there was a tournament scene for it. Then brawl came out and wanting to know more about the game I came across smashboards through google. next thing you know i was at my first tourney.

Why smash over any other game?
Hm, unless its melee i wouldnt put smash above any other game. No offense. I actually play a lot of games on a competive level and live for competion. Even at smash tournaments im always challenging people to ridiculous money matches. Like, 20 plus dollars. haha. I guess smash has the best community and best tourney scene. out of ANY game ive played thus far though.

Why wario over any other character?

Well i played fox and falco for a long time(star fox series is my second favorite gaming series) before picking up wario, Even though wario ware is also one of my favorite gaming series. I played around with him a bit and found him gimmicky, but i was quickly proven wrong, I honestly ignored him up until reflex beat M2K. I watched that video and thought to myself "wow i never knew anything about brawl and nothing is the same and never will be ever again" And then it was game over.

How are you going to make your way go GA again? < was mad fun last time.

One day buddy, im good now. before i took a hiatus from brawl i was beating a lot of mad good NC people. Ive been looking to play some brawl lately now that Kadajj lives in my neck of the woods i have some real pro status practice. Ive been playing MK a little bit lately, dont hate me guys haha i just really hate D3 ;)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Oh snap! You're to kind! (wow pun much?) XD

What's the problem with the D3 MU?

Just some tips if you don't already know them: camp, stay on the ledges of the stage (FD in particular for example), use your bike when he is throw waddle dees, and if he approaches, bait a grab and punish it or something. If he doesnt approach and throw waddle dees, break your bike or throw it at his head/waddle dees, get tires, profit with timed throws between waddles. If he approaches, you've succeeded! Wait for openings and...

Wait this isn't my interview! You're supposed to answer the questions! We'll talk more later... I actually need to practice the D3 matchup more anyways and talking about it helps... :D

Anyways, next "maybe" real question: I don't know you well enough so why is it you have peach as your main icon?

Another: Bike? BIIIIKE? TIRRRRREESZZZZzz????

ANOTHER: TRUTH OR DARE!?

*drumroll...please choose before looking!*.........................

Truth: Is Wario attactive to you? (raises eyebrow fiendishly)

Dare: ...Well it's not a question. But I dare you to MM (1 dollar at least!) someone with wario bike the whole match, using nothing but wario bike, clap, f-throw (NO PUMMELING!), and 1:00 waft or 1:30 waft. (you can't use both, decide before hand!!!)

...Yea, totally complicated, but worth it!

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Anyways, next "maybe" real question: I don't know you well enough so why is it you have peach as your main icon?

Another: Bike? BIIIIKE? TIRRRRREESZZZZzz????

ANOTHER: TRUTH OR DARE!?

*drumroll...please choose before looking!*.........................

Truth: Is Wario attactive to you? (raises eyebrow fiendishly)

Dare: ...Well it's not a question. But I dare you to MM (1 dollar at least!) someone with wario bike the whole match, using nothing but wario bike, clap, f-throw (NO PUMMELING!), and 1:00 waft or 1:30 waft. (you can't use both, decide before hand!!!)

...Yea, totally complicated, but worth it!

Haha. Yes i accept a hundred times yes! Apex?

my problem with the D3 MU is honestly im all rushdown, i never camp and i never stop moving. So to be honest man i wish i could be like you and just run in and **** DDD's, but not quite yet.

and im gonna be mad honest and say answer the question anyway, wario is in my oppinoin one of the best looking characters in the game. i love his T rex arms and tiny dancer legs.

Fair=the tiny dancer.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Haha. Yes i accept a hundred times yes! Apex?

my problem with the D3 MU is honestly im all rushdown, i never camp and i never stop moving. So to be honest man i wish i could be like you and just run in and **** DDD's, but not quite yet.
D3- I understand what you are saying about the d3 matchup. I too try to rush my opponent and quite honestly i am not good at the camping game, but in this particular matchup i have learned to accept that wario cant rush d3 and i must camp. It works quite well, Ive come very -VERY- close to beating Elev8 and I have a record (being in my favor as far as wins go) of beating the 2 PR ranked D3s in my state.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Snap- Why do you hate me?

Your actually one of the posters I like, i think your doing a good job with this thread and that it was a fantastic idea. I also like a lot of your ideas about the wario community should do for one another. Honestly this forum would be better off with more people like you.

besides arent we friends on facebook? haha.

Why did you not team with me?

Well buddy, at pound i was playing my pools matches and this guy came up to me and said he had seen my combo video and liked it a lot, and wanted to know if he paid for doubles if i would team with him, i couldnt say no to a fan. especially someone i had never heard of. next time for sure buddy.

Favorite/Least Favorite Stage and Match-ups?

My favorite stage is smashville. its just the most neutral and fun stage for me because i just... always **** there.

well lets see about least favorite... Lylat, that stage is sooo balls. I hate it. haha. and i suppose castle siege is a close second. what a terrible stage.

Favorite matchup in the game is Donkey Kong, i have so much fun fighting donkey kong. and snake, snake is also sooo fun. Diddy kong is another one that i like playing a lot.

Least favorite is D3, god ****ing **** D3. god **** him so hard. **** **** **** and ******* that is D3 **** D3. I will say that DDD doesnt have a lot of good matchups and is really hard to kill with and is very over rapted. but he ***** wario. rushdown wario at least.

And metaknight. no fun no fun.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Why wario?
What's your favorite match up?
What's your least favorite match up?
A lot of people say that your style of wario is unorthodox how does that make you feel?
You used to play wifi a lot what do you think of the whole wifi vs offline stuff?
Would you ever go to another MLG event?
What advice would you have for a new Wario player?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Why wario?:

So I only lose when I get disqualified.

What's your favorite match up? :

I like them all except for Wario VS the referee. Gets me DQ'd.

What's your least favorite match up?:

Wario VS the referee, often times TO.

A lot of people say that your style of wario is unorthodox how does that make you feel?:

Makes me feel like throwing my bike at them so they can call me a cheater and DQ me since being too good with the bike is not an offense.

You used to play wifi a lot what do you think of the whole wifi vs offline stuff?

Wifi VS Offline: You don't get DQ'd because you can't be late to a wifi event.

Would you ever go to another MLG event?

Depends, people are using DQ a lot more on the character roster it makes me think the matchup is impossible.

What advice would you have for a new Wario player?

Learn the DQ matchup. Don't ever get caught in DQ's chain-rule. It really racks up damage.

How did it feel to get DQ'd by Sky?:

Felt good bro. /sarcasm

No, I'm sorry, I was just joking around. You want my serious answers, here.

Why wario?:

Wario's attack style is very crazy and disjointed. I love his aerial prowess and ability to move throughout the air freely without issue. He just feels right for me. Plus I picked him up as soon as I started feeling like his movement was in tune with my own. He didn't have that big of a learning curve as people think now, either, but it did take a while for me to actually get good with him.

What's your favorite match up?:

I love facing Warios with other characters, because I can use the bike against them (Pit and Sonic come to mind, my two seconds). I also like Wario dittos, and Wario vs Falco/Luigi/Metaknight/Marth/Donkey Kong/Peach/Diddy Kong/Snake Those are my favorites in order from best to least. The rest I'm pretty neutral on somewhat.

What's your least favorite match up?:

I can not stand facing Dedede at times, but I've learned to approach him better now so it's not that big of a deal. Olimar is a bit a weird matchup too and I don't like having to avoid a bunch of little creatures being thrown at me all day and him running away. My least least favorite matchup is actually Fox, I don't like having to chase him around all day because he runs better than me, and can spam lasers, and doesn't afraid of my floaty defenses and bike. I'm more afraid of his upsmash than he is afraid of anything I have sometimes. I know Wario is better in the MU, I just don't like facing him. It's boring.

A lot of people say that your style of wario is unorthodox how does that make you feel?:

Feels gewd man. Nah kidding, but I don't really care. If you really have a problem with my style, take it up with the results I been getting. Hell Ally even got the right idea. If he totally mained him (him being bike!), I think Ally wouldn't need Snake. I think that Wario's bike is an awesome addition to his moveset and needs no further explanation than already given. It's too good, and doesn't have a lot of counters if you know how to use it and when to use it.

Wifi is fun for matchup experience. Don't take it too seriously. I did, and I wasted a whole summer and made myself angry almost every day. Since I been going to tourneys and stuff I feel like I've had a lot of better experience and fun. Wifi was my training grounds. Tourneys are my proving grounds.

Would you ever go to another MLG event?:

To be honest, I would, if I had the money and time. Raleigh is right around the corner, but I'll be in college then and I really need to focus on my studies. However, it IS the first or second week of classes; if I somehow were able to get material for those days and come back alright, I would definitely go... But it'd be plane ride probably....

It would be better if I had someone to go with.

What advice would you have for a new Wario player?:

Please please please learn wario the right away. By that I mean, learn how to use HIM first, then learn his tricks, including the bike. So many people try to just pick up wario and learn him because of the bike tricks and stuff. You have to learn to crawl before you walk. In this case, they're trying to go from crawling to running!

For wario, the best thing you can do is just practice a lot of his aerials and combat in the air. Try to learn how he moves, how you use him depends on how he feels in your hands (no homo). Just do your best to learn specific matchups later and then eventually the bike. You DONT HAVE TO LEARN THE BIKE to be good with wario. But it **** well helps.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
wifi makes me rage also I'm glad i'm not the only person that rages because of wifi.

LoL @ the first half of the response too good.

Krsytdez did you have any Wario mains that you looked up to?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Krsytdez did you have any Wario mains that you looked up to?:

To be honest, wifi really kinda sheltered me from too many good warios that I could personally play. As far as actual idols in the world of smash, I guess my big ones are definitely TheRealBobMan online, since we never played, but I was exposed to how good the bike was with his guides.

And then when I started getting tourney experience I really enjoyed seeing Hunger place high in IL.. That sorta made me strive to keep going to tourneys, knowing wario has a lot on his side to help him place well. Bassem and Blast are some of my favorite Warios I played online.

If you asked me who I looked up to in general, I would say Ally, he really helped me get my mindset to keep getting better because of how much he kicked my *** online all the time! XD He introduced me to the real competitive and social community on AiB. He also Wario ditto'd me at one point too, I think he tried to steal my Wario champ title at Gamefaqs!

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
How did you acquire the patience to play so much wifi?

Would you say that wifi helped get you to where you are today?

Have you have you played Wario's Woods, or any of the Warioware inc games?
;D

Kryz is the best! <3

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
oh my god. i use to play wifi but now i hate it. I cant do anything, i do better when i play ike. and idk how to play ike.

Kryst: where did your name come from?
Did you play any other games seriously before smash?
did u play melee?
whats you most fav retro game?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
How did you acquire the patience to play so much wifi?:

Patience? PATIENCE??? Hahah..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

No patience required, just a very high and intense endurance for pain and misery.

In all seriousness though, all you really need to do is figure out your best opponents for connection, and play them. In freeplay that may be the best idea. For ranked matches...just play and don't complain or you'll find yourself throwing your controller down in annoyance. Don't try to comfort other players, just say ggs, or dont say anything at all.

Would you say that wifi helped get you to where you are today?:

Pretty much. If it wasn't for players like those at Gamefaqs that helped me, the championship character fights for who was best at the ditto and whatnot, along with players like Ally who drifted me over to AiB and the likes, I wouldn't be where I'm at. I'd be playing at the same level most others do who dont have friends to play all the time.

Have you have you played Wario's Woods, or any of the Warioware inc games?:

Yes, Wario's Woods. Very cool game, loved playing it on animal crossing time to time. Warioware inc games are cool too but I don't really care too much for them as I do regular games.
;D

Kryz is the best! <3:

That's not a question! o_o... But thank you! :D

Kryst: where did your name come from?

I was trying to make up a name that sounded celtic like, but I failed. Instead I came up with what you see now today. My friend from high school thought it was very original so I kept it. It's the name of my human avatar for my story I made up in my head. The other version of the avatar, Spectrum, whom I am mostly known by my friends from before I got into brawl and stuff, is the anthropomorphic or were fox avatar that I usually use for stuff, and is the reincarnation of Krystedez. There's a big story behind all that lol.

Did you play any other games seriously before smash?:

Not really, I've played a little of all kinds of fighting games and stuff, nothing as competitively though.

did u play melee?:

Yes, still do on occasion, not competitively though. I main Mewtwo, Mario, Fox, Young Link.

whats you most fav retro game?

Gotta be between Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and Rocket Knight Adventures. I also love Super Mario Bros 3 and. dot. dot. dot..no idea why I put and here.

Top Bottom