• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*NEW* Official R.O.B. Boards Stage Discussion(Currently discussing Halberd) UPDATED!

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Didn't think SV was so bad for ROB as a starter...I learned something today...

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Most cases, BF > SV for ROB.
personally i think it depends on the way a r.o.b plays to determine if he prefers battlefield or smashville, im less campy and love paltforms, so BF is my favourite neutral, i think thats just because i main ike though XP

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Not the Saturday music + Go KK Rider!. =P
But otherwise I agree.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
nah its all rubbish, but we now have nothing to say about this stage, i strongly suggest we move onto the last neutral, lylat or pokemon stadium

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Take PS1 first, it's more special than Lylat. =P

Heartstring

Smash Legend
warning: text wall approaching

so onto ps1 then? ill just us off again, im actually enjoying donig this a lot!

pokemon stadium (melee)
+larger stage to camp on, but platforms in place incase your fighting a certain pidgeon
+walls on both the fire and rock stages to allow for d-tilt lock's (pretty much general)
+the windmill stops people from apporaching because they can't run through it (helps more than it hurts)
+dodgy ledge meses up certain characters recoveries
+laser bounces off of walls and windmill allowing for the laser to hit twice (i think)
+mk/pit cant go underneath to recover
+r.o.b has a great pressure game UNDER the windmill

=if you can't tech the windmill, youre losing about 50% very easily and possibly a stock, but this is general.

-platforms EVERYWHERE on 3/5 transformations allowing for easy exposure to r.o.b blind spots (because you cant fall through platforms while attacking)
-beam underneath stage stops you from going underneath to recover
-then section by the ledge allows for random spike through the floor (when at the top of it, r.o.b's head just pokes out the top)
-background can be distracting for certain people (general)
-larger boundaries make killing harder (general)

personally, i believe this stage to actually be an ideal camping stage for r.o.b against falco or pit, not sure how other people feel about this though. transformations are very good because as a general rule, r.o.b has better manuvourability that most so can run away and camp, the walls can also make laser formidable and make them fly over r.o.b and create a weird knid of shield.
however close combat fighters will probably liek this stage more than you, ike (of course i was going to use him an an example) is particularly good on here agaisnt r.o.b because the stupid amount of platforms on some transformations mean he can stand under a plotform all day, and its safe to say you cant do anything except camp against him on here.
i recommend going under the windmill when it appears because chances are the opponent will have to follow you in, and he has possibly the best move to use under there (down smash) and even greatest windmill tech chase, which can easily lead to a jab lock. also if you happen to end up here agaisnt a character with chaingrabs (d3) or even wall infinites (ike, d.k, r.o.b himself XD) don't even bother trying to dtilt lock them against the edge, if they happen to put themself in the wrong position then take the chacne, but dont force it otherwise you may get locked yourself, if they havent got anything? go for it.

the next bit is my own opinion and pretty much jsut theory

characters to take here:
pit
falco
diddy kong (see him try the banana game on the rock stage, its hilarious)
(possibly) meta knight (just possibly, probably not)
lucario (solely for the ledge and inability to roll at certain points)
ice climbers (hell yeah transformations)
lucario

character NOT to take here:
marth
ike
link/toon link (bomb games are stupidly good here)
King dedede
samus (samus zair has lnog enough range to go through the rock face and the tree, among other things)

stage rating: 7/10

contribute anyone?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I am not sure about PS1, not much Rob there from what I have played, but there are a lot of walls to abuse and the wtf ledges don't really matter for you. Also, you can outcamp ppl easier here thanks to your easier control over obstacles. Don't know anything else really, but I think it's a nice stage for Rob.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Ehh, I don't think Kirby shouldn't be taken to PS1 just because of the Ninja Spike. It's incredibly situational, and the rest of the stage isn't too bad to camp him. The Ninja Spike only works on the windmill, and he needs to grab you while on the ledge, and he needs to time it right, so you could possibly break out. Personally, I like this stage against Kirby, and I play against Kirby a LOT.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Dsmash under the windmill = Jab Lock
U/D throw under the windmill = Jab Lock
They Shield your Usmash while on a platform and fall = Jab Lock

Because everyone loves to Jab Lock.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Ehh, I don't think Kirby shouldn't be taken to PS1 just because of the Ninja Spike. It's incredibly situational, and the rest of the stage isn't too bad to camp him. The Ninja Spike only works on the windmill, and he needs to grab you while on the ledge, and he needs to time it right, so you could possibly break out. Personally, I like this stage against Kirby, and I play against Kirby a LOT.
as an ex kirby main, i can tell you that the ninja spike does not need the windmill, it works on the left edge on the normal and grass stages and works on the right edge on all except the rock stage. however for it to actually work, you need to be on the very edge and then to have been dash grabbed, so maybe it isnt really something to consider because of how situational it is.

@sudai, i already made a point of the windmill being damagefodder, but i think ill probably make it more...obvious on the original post, waht i was hoping could happen if i could just keep editing my original post and then that could be put straight onto the main page

Zwarm

Smash Hero
as an ex kirby main, i can tell you that the ninja spike does not need the windmill, it works on the left edge on the normal and grass stages and works on the right edge on all except the rock stage. however for it to actually work, you need to be on the very edge and then to have been dash grabbed, so maybe it isnt really something to consider because of how situational it is.
Isn't that only on Lucario and Zero Suit?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Sudai is so right about the windmill, no one wants to be near Rob in THE WINDMILL. It's just too scary, even if you tech, you get and upsmash in your face.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Isn't that only on Lucario and Zero Suit?
and the rest, the only people it dosent work on is completely round people, but on lucario and zero suit it can be done on both ledges of all transformations for some reason.
Also, Golden do not worry about the info. I'll make sure I get all of it. Because when I'm updating I make sure to look at every post.
kk, sorry i seem pushy or something, jsut want to help ^_^

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Take Lucario here. He doesn't live at stupidly higher %'s, and you can kill him earlier than usual. This stage gets 6/10 from me.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
PS1 IMO is our best neutral. Platforms, space, camping opportunities, no scrooging, and the windmill. That said, I usually try to go here Game 1 and with that in mind I'd play everyone here. Not too sure in regards to who NOT to take here though.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I actually am starting to like PS1 a lot. I feel very comfortable on this stage.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
PS1 IMO is our best neutral. Platforms, space, camping opportunities, no scrooging, and the windmill. That said, I usually try to go here Game 1 and with that in mind I'd play everyone here. Not too sure in regards to who NOT to take here though.
ugh, how is this a neutral again? ah well, lylat is neutral for me! and i don't care what people say, lylat is more neutral than ps1 -__-

also just thinknig ,we need to avoid d3 here too, that CG is annoying enough without having infinites on it.

anyway, we know r.o.b is a beast under the windmill, but waht about on the far left on the rock stage, you know, where theres the edge and space for only ONE character to stand, can r.o.b go and take that position from and opponent? personally i think the best choice to get a gyro, grab it adn then throw it on top of them, and then follow it down by the side and fair him if it dosent hit him.
on this topic: NEVER try to attack pika when he's here, generally jsut avoid him till the transforms again, he'll use thunderjolt up the side of the wall and if you try to come down to him youll jsut get thundered

Nova9000

Smash Lord
@ above:
What do you mean by how is it a neutral? And are you saying Lylat is a neutral because you play Ike or do you really think that? I'm asking to understand BTW.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
@ above:
What do you mean by how is it a neutral? And are you saying Lylat is a neutral because you play Ike or do you really think that? I'm asking to understand BTW.
no, i realyl believe that lylat is far more neutral than ps1, and its mothing to do with being an ike main, infact, i would take ps1 over lylat anyday, sadly lylat is the 5th neutral in the UK, but meh.

just going off topic for a second...
un-neutral things about ps1:
dodgy ledge which people can spike you through
wall infinite on some transformations
windmill
broken tactics for certain characters (namely characters with high quality gimping tools (not including spikes) and zair's)
a stupid amount of platforms and in odd positions
setups that makes certain characters inapproachable (see my previous post, involving pikachu)

things that are un-neutral about lylat:
slight tilting of the stage which gives rise to characters with a good recovery
pretty active background (shouldnt really affect anyone)

that is basically my arguement for it, yes lylat has factors which makes it un-neutral, but so does absolutely every stage in the game, its about using the most neutral ones.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Seriously, Lylat is neutral. The ONLY thing is that the stage tilts. It can make some characters worse on that stage. But look at Falco, Diddy, IC and so on. Take them to FD and say it's neutral. Also, Lylat is one of the greatest stages in smash. It's beautiful and very nice design. >: (

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Seriously, Lylat is neutral. The ONLY thing is that the stage tilts. It can make some characters worse on that stage. But look at Falco, Diddy, IC and so on. Take them to FD and say it's neutral. Also, Lylat is one of the greatest stages in smash. It's beautiful and very nice design. >: (
agreed, besides, what characters get done over by that tilting anyway? the spacies? 3 characters that can easily strike/ban it because they really lack other bad stages

Sudai

Stuff here
I won a match against a DK because the stage tilted. I mean, I would have won anyway but it was hilarious. Jumps off to spike me, I meteor cancel and recover, he dies as the stage tilts away from him literally half a second before he grabs it. :laugh:

Silhouette

Smash Lord
things that are un-neutral about lylat:
slight tilting of the stage which gives rise to characters with a good recovery
pretty active background (shouldnt really affect anyone)
You forgot to include the bumpy ground, its uneven and can change alot of factors against characters like Diddy/Falco. And the ledge isnt just dodgy but much more difficult to get to than most, its similar to PS1s or FDs ledge that you have no ramp to push against for easy access.

Top Bottom