• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MT_

Smash Ace
What does Project M have to offer that Melee doesn't already have? The only thing I can think of is new characters, given that Project M is trying to make Brawl as close to Melee as possible...

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
new characters, as well as integrating some Brawl techniques with the Melee physics.
I've never tried it myself, but some Melee pros already seem to be into it, and they've only got the beta version so far.

But the new characters should be a fair attraction, otherwise there'd be no point in making a sequel to Melee.
I figure that if you like Melee, you'd want the sequel to be like Melee, which Project M will be.
Falcon already seems to be close to his Melee-self.

Kal

Smash Champion
Yeah, but we want the sequel created by the devs to be like Melee. We don't want to play a sequel which is essentially "fan-made" and never picks up.

Of course, if "Project M" is a quality mod which we like and which gets picked up à la Counter Strike, then I would be more than willing to play it regularly. On the other hand, if it's like Brawl+, I'll probably stick to playing it casually.

Kal

Smash Champion
I've never done a shine-bair with Fox. But then I also try to win when I play. teehee

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
HEY GUYS! guess who just shine->baired mitchell's falco one day a long time ago
<<<<<< THIS GUY
shine bair is alright, I only land it on low percents which really sucks. bair is better!

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
I've never done a shine-bair with Fox. But then I also try to win when I play. teehee
You have your victories, but I go out in style. Whatever that means.

I still have yet to triple knee though. I've knee'd to falcon punch, so it evens out haha

Kal

Smash Champion
Sacred Combo > Triple Knee

But I've ledge-teched a Falcon punch before.

Kal

Smash Champion
**** off Tir***, no one cares about your accomplishments.

MT_

Smash Ace
I've yet to ledge-tech a falcon punch. That must have been awesome lol.

I miss you guys. I think I've been practicing my tech skill so much that I'm better that Tirno *** now. YOU GUYS SHOULD COME TO INSANE TRIUMPH!!!! I'm going to the HOBO/TYS tournament this weekend so any of you that are coming I'll see you there. Insane Triumph the next weekend is gonna be pretty big. Wobbles, Boomstick, other Dallas/San Antonio people are coming. Represent Austin guys!!!

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
shine -> bair with fox.... I don't understand, explain to a poor less experienced Melee player, isn't that a Falco thing?
:confused:

MT_

Smash Ace
Rohan needs to watch more melee videos <3.

Pretty much, people think that Fox's shine just sends people down/to the side. But the reality is that it hits the opponent to the opposite direction of which he encounters the shine. So if an opponent is above you and you shine, he actually is hit upwards. However, the upwards knockback is really short and the opponent's gravity/weight takes effect like a 1/4 second later, so it looks like the opponent is hit downwards.

That being said (I think that's correct, someone correct me if I'm wrong) then shine>bair is possible with Fox although many many many many times more difficult. It takes precise spacing (on the bottom side of your opponent) with the shine and your bair has to come out like instantly.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Rohan needs to watch more melee videos <3.

Pretty much, people think that Fox's shine just sends people down/to the side. But the reality is that it hits the opponent to the opposite direction of which he encounters the shine. So if an opponent is above you and you shine, he actually is hit upwards. However, the upwards knockback is really short and the opponent's gravity/weight takes effect like a 1/4 second later, so it looks like the opponent is hit downwards.

That being said (I think that's correct, someone correct me if I'm wrong) then shine>bair is possible with Fox although many many many many times more difficult. It takes precise spacing (on the bottom side of your opponent) with the shine and your bair has to come out like instantly.

No, that's wrong. You don't change trajectory in the middle of knockback unless you hit an invisible wall. Otherwise you wouldn't be stunned anymore and could preform a move. Shine always sends you in the same trajectory.

Shine to bair with fox is possible pretty much every time you hit them with a shine in the air unless they smash DI it away from you.

MT_

Smash Ace
Meh.

I always notice that shine will pop you up slightly when hit in the air. Is that just part of the trajectory the shine hits? Maybe the misconception is that shine sends you straight down/to the side, but it actually hits you upwards slightly.

Kal

Smash Champion
Hey everyone, smash fest today at Edgar's. Be there at 5:00.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Clay, I kinda wish you hadn't given Edgar the capture card, yet.
There's about 3 or 4 things I want to capture, and it's not worth it for me to buy my own.

Kal

Smash Champion
Even if that's true, that sort of attitude won't instill a change. Also, melodrama much?

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Clay, I kinda wish you hadn't given Edgar the capture card, yet.
There's about 3 or 4 things I want to capture, and it's not worth it for me to buy my own.
You can mooch off of Josh's new capture card whenever he visits home.

Kal

Smash Champion
Xyro is just trolling. I wouldn't give anything he says too much thought.

chaoscontrolASH

Smash Rookie
k, just make sure he brings the installation CD.

I've also decided I don't understand Brawl exclusive players (this isn't directed at you Andrew haha).
i wouldn't have thought that was directed at me. but since you said it, now it may just be directed it me lmao. j/k i wouldnt have been offended anyways

and i dont get what you mean u dont understand Brawl exclusive players. i wouldnt say i dont understand Melee exclusive players. u just dont care for Brawl and prefer Melee (lets pause for a minute and think about how IRONIC that sounds hahahahaha)

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
and i dont get what you mean u dont understand Brawl exclusive players. i wouldnt say i dont understand Melee exclusive players. u just dont care for Brawl and prefer Melee (lets pause for a minute and think about how IRONIC that sounds hahahahaha)
I simply haven't found the game fun for a very long time.
It obviously has a strong following now, but I don't like the playstyle that's required to be good at it. Part of it is that I've grown to be more offensive.
The lack of speed is the other major factor, things just seem to take forever to happen.

Top Bottom