• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
But we musn't forget this club would most likely not exist were it not for its roots, the ex prez Clay, and the other formers.
Just as the Empire wouldn't have existed were there not a Republic first.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
cuz I'm the kind of person that cares about stuff like that.
:p

And I was a late add-on, but I was still an officer. So I didn't have an official title like "historian", or "secretary", doesn't matter. Edgar was the VP, but it didn't really mean anything. It wasn't like Kal where he did end up running a lot of events.
And I did imply Clay deserves more recognition than anyone else.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Though Rohan was never actually an authorized representative, he was a big help to the club, esp. since he always helped set up before meetings and pack up after.

Anyway, I don't think we should have ex-officers on the OP. It just adds unnecessary clutter. Our contributions to making the club what it is today are not nulled by our names being removed from the OP.

MT_

Smash Ace
Well said Clay. That brought an imaginary tear to my eye. Are you going to be at Insane Triumph?

Noc

Smash Journeyman
I really really wish I could. But, I need to go to Oklahoma that weekend for a volunteer experience that I feel will be a good addition to my portfolio going into med school applications.

I plan to go to HOBO 26 for melee though!

MT_

Smash Ace
I'm considering going to HOBO 26. It makes me sad that there's not even a thread for Melee at HOBO 26; the tag only says Brawl so I thought they got rid of Melee altogether. I was planning to go to Dallas to visit some friends but if that doesn't fall through I'll go to the HOBO.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully the turnout for Melee won't be horrible. But, as long as a few avid Houston melee players go, I'll be happy since I haven't played anybody besides Rohan in a while. Hope you can make it so we can play again!

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
thnx Clay, smash club (meetings) were a great stress relief for me.

and believe me, I share the frustrations at having no one to play but you for a while, haha.
maybe on our roadtrip to Austin for Christine and my bday, we can smash a little with whoever is there.

Kal

Smash Champion
Man, you kids are so picky. For a year I played pretty much nobody but Hylian. Then nobody but Edgar for six months, with the occasional Jamal.

If I could only play Clay for a year, that would be awesome. Clay's the man. Rohan should be ****ing honoured. British spelling and everything.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I've voiced my johns before about only being able to play Clay, I stand by them, lol. Actually, I'd love it if Clay dropped Falcon and decided to concentrate on improving his Falco.

Speaking of Britain, if I do end up going there for two months, maybe I could get to know the community there. It may be only Brawl though, which would suck.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Though I do think you improve faster if you play many different people with diff playstyles and skill levels, you can certainly improve and enjoy playing just one or two people most of the time. More important than who you play is how you play: you need to relax, focus on learning the most effective moves in certain situations and executing those moves, and not take the winning/losing aspect too seriously i.e. have fun with it.

Actually, I'd love it if Clay dropped Falcon and decided to concentrate on improving his Falco.
Does not compute. I might like to improve my Marth or Falco though.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
It's not so much losing as coming soooooo close to winning and falling just short time and time again.
It seems to happen more against you than anyone else.

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
Ooooh, a chance to face Clay and Matt?! I wanna go to HOBO 26 now!
Not sure if I'll be able to make it though, I have to help out with something in the Woodlands =/
I wanna show everyone how much I've stayed the same! lol

MT_

Smash Ace
Well Justin never beats me anymore <3<3 so why don't you ask Justin how he deals with almost winning but always losing <3<3.

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
Well Justin never beats me anymore <3<3 so why don't you ask Justin how he deals with almost winning but always losing <3<3.
I KILL A CAT EVERY TIME I LOSE TO MATT >_<

I have learned a lot from playing Matt. I kept it close some days, other days I was just playing like crap. But, I do know that I have to play pretty wack and gay to beat Matt =D

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
a chance to beat matt, clay, AND justin? I wanna go to HOBO too! I want to show you guys just how much knowledge I have learned that is completely unrelated to smash.

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
Actually now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever played Justin before, in any smash game.
Hmmm... I could've sworn I had played Melee with you, maybe it was teams. This happened during some friendlies at one of the meetings. Your Marth has surely gotten better since then haha

Kal

Smash Champion
I'm going to Katy this weekend if anyone nearby wants to play smash.

chaoscontrolASH

Smash Rookie

The Tusk

Smash Cadet
Yo, I'm in Austin for another week, and I wanna smash! I'm from Lafayette, LA, just in Austin with some friends. Yall get at me, 'cos i'm on UT's campus, so that's pretty easily accessible, right?? woo.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
btw new officers, when brawl project M becomes available to the public, at least give it a try.
The hackers have gone through a lot of effort to make it Melee 2.0.
moonwalking, wavedashing, shffling, Melee physics, a lot of Melee veterans moves changed to what they are in Melee, especially Falco and Marth. The list goes on.

Kal

Smash Champion
Jamal, I have a recording setup. No need to bring your own.

Rohan, like everything to do with Brawl, at best we'll play it casually for shiggles.

Top Bottom