• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Recommended Rule List 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Literally... or does this have some other kind of meaning?
I am ADHD's father.
I'll chop off his hand with my light saber (I call it the falchion) and give it away as the famous "monkey paw" that gives 5 wishes, all of which will bring despair.

In other words, stay on topic ffs.

None of this "your opinion sucks coz i lose to newby meta knights that people don't even know the name of outside of EC, but you lose to them AND EVERYONE ELSE" :p

ADHD

Smash Hero
Why can't you ever formulate a real argument? I don't know you that well IRL and you may be cool but you are pretty much worthless as a poster here.

Rules are created by logical objective thinkers who know the game and not by people who win money. You have to be able to do more than that, and you can't. Whatever, you're a good player, congratulations, but it takes more than that to create a rule set.

TL;DR no one cares how good you are in this thread unless you have something useful and thoughtful to say. Go write a blog about it.
YOU WILL NEVER AMOUNT TO ANYTHING, YOU'RE BAD WITH EVERY CHARACTER. YOU SHOULD HAVE NO SELF-ESTEEM, BC YOU'RE SO BAD! HEY, REMEMBER THAT DAY YOU CAME OVER MY HOUSE? MY 7 YEAR OLD SISTER ****ING PICKED UP HER 5-MINUTE OLD CUSTY SONIC AND ***** YOUR**** CONSISTENTLY. NO? YOU DON'T? WELL I DO. STICK TO HALO OR SOMETHIN, BRO.

tl;dr-u suk. k.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Literally... or does this have some other kind of meaning?

Is this really a dicussion, or rather a shouting match to decide who is right? If I recall, both sides are right in their own respects, yet problems keep coming up.
because people cant accept someone having a view other than their own being 'right'

CTX

Smash Journeyman
YOU WILL NEVER AMOUNT TO ANYTHING, YOU'RE BAD WITH EVERY CHARACTER. YOU SHOULD HAVE NO SELF-ESTEEM, BC YOU'RE SO BAD! HEY, REMEMBER THAT DAY YOU CAME OVER MY HOUSE? MY 7 YEAR OLD SISTER ****ING PICKED UP HER 5-MINUTE OLD CUSTY SONIC AND ***** YOUR**** CONSISTENTLY. NO? YOU DON'T? WELL I DO. STICK TO HALO OR SOMETHIN, BRO.

tl;dr-u suk. k.
RAAAGEEEEEE more pulz...lulz

Eh, i kinda agree with the other guy though

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

tl;dr-u suk. k.
Super mOdel from paris is officially on blast.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~

tl;dr-u suk. k.
My god. ADHD... this is amazing.

You've got to be the angriest high schooler this side of smashboards.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Why can't you ever formulate a real argument? I don't know you that well IRL and you may be cool but you are pretty much worthless as a poster here.

Rules are created by logical objective thinkers who know the game and not by people who win money. You have to be able to do more than that, and you can't. Whatever, you're a good player, congratulations, but it takes more than that to create a rule set.

TL;DR no one cares how good you are in this thread unless you have something useful and thoughtful to say. Go write a blog about it.
too bad most of the "excellent" posters are trash at this game

CTX

Smash Journeyman
God, I love you all. This is has been soo entertaining.

Seriously, this has been the best thread in a long time and I never want to see it die.

T-block

B2B TST
About Yoshi's Island: Melee:

It bothers me just as much as it bothers you (probably more) that there's no clear conclusion yet as to how many characters Dedede can chain grab up the hill. There have been claims from both sides that testing has been done, but they obviously can't both be right.

This debate is never going to settle until one side posts their research in detail, so that the other side can either see exactly what is being done and we can blow this discussion wide open. So, if you're going to research, get details, take pictures, make vids, etc. Claiming having tested without this evidence has been done already, and it's gotten us nowhere.

I do appreciate you trying to test, though, Steam. I just don't want your research to be for nothing.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
For anyone that follows both games.

Does anyone else find it hilarious that the melee ruleset has 8 legal stages (7 in doubles) and people seem to be campaigning for more stages, while the brawl ruleset has 20 legal stages (22 including borderlines) and people are campaigning for less.

I am in no way endorsing one game over the other, nor am I trying to start a debate between the 2 games, i just think its interesting and amusing.

EDIT
@MMM
Weve butted heads in the past, but I always make a concerted effort to never hold grudges against people. So if I disagree with you on one thing, thats no reason for me to have a sour attitude toward you about anything else. Every day is a new day and every topic is new, and we should treat it as such

napZzz

Smash Hero
It works the reverse, you cant have bad people who know how to make a clean organized (but probably horribly wrong) post make the rules

a sarcastic **** like ADHD talking about the game is much better than a wifi kid or someone who doesn't go to tourney

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I have the urge to gag you, tie you up, and throw you off a cliff.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
too bad most of the "excellent" posters are trash at this game
This.

Seems like theres the people who actually get out and play in this **** and theres just some of the people who are just here to watch and debate what the players do.

If you wanna debate so bad how about you go to the white house or some ****. Debating over a game, Jesus. It seems like to me ya'll just wanna make a debate out of anything to stay relevant.

CTX

Smash Journeyman
This debate is never going to settle until one side posts their research in detail, so that the other side can either see exactly what is being done and we can blow this discussion wide open.
You clearly do not know how the internet works

Steam

Smash Hero
About Yoshi's Island: Melee:

It bothers me just as much as it bothers you (probably more) that there's no clear conclusion yet as to how many characters Dedede can chain grab up the hill. There have been claims from both sides that testing has been done, but they obviously can't both be right.

This debate is never going to settle until one side posts their research in detail, so that the other side can either see exactly what is being done and we can blow this discussion wide open. So, if you're going to research, get details, take pictures, make vids, etc. Claiming having tested without this evidence has been done already, and it's gotten us nowhere.

I do appreciate you trying to test, though, Steam. I just don't want your research to be for nothing.
I'd definitely get a video together if I had the recording capability. because it doesn't appear to work on certain characters like Yoshi or marth if they tilt the stick away. But I may be improperly buffering since I don't use D3 and am having to do things on the other controller with my elbows and feet. this definitely appears to work on the likes of RoB and Snake however.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
If MK gets banned, this'll likely happen:
- Everyone jumps Marth
- Some people jump Dedede cuz he counters Marth; Falco for even MUs
- People decide to use ICs, Olimar, and Falco to combat Dedede
- Others pick up Snake and Diddy to beat ICs, Peach and Luigi to beat Olimar, and Pikachu plus some more Marth to beat Falco
- Influxes of Snake, Diddy, Marth, Peach, Luigi, Marth, and Pikachu's counters are suddenly used
- Influxes of said counter's counters are used to combat the aforementioned counters

HOLY **** LOOK AT THAT METAGAME

With MK not banned, this happens:
- Player 1 mains a bunch of high tier characters
- Player 2 uses MK
- Player 1 uses MK too

With MK out of the picture, I think Marth's gonna take that number 1 spot, but we WILL very likely see a very healthy, diverse metagame.
This post needs more love

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Just so im clear here:

it sounds like currently, the one and only determining factor on whether pipes should be legal or not is the effectiveness of d3s downthrow.

am I understanding this correctly?

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
@MMM
Weve butted heads in the past, but I always make a concerted effort to never hold grudges against people. So if I disagree with you on one thing, thats no reason for me to have a sour attitude toward you about anything else. Every day is a new day and every topic is new, and we should treat it as such
I always strive for that as well. Good to know you have the same open approach.

Just so im clear here:

it sounds like currently, the one and only determining factor on whether pipes should be legal or not is the effectiveness of d3s downthrow.

That's how a lot of people view it.

I don't personally like the stage, but it's not actually that bad though. Only the right side is able to be walk-off killed and quite often DeDeDe's chain grab fails when he runs over the blocks because the attack breaks them, causing the chain grab to fail.

There will likely be more of an issue against Olimar and Diddy on YI:M, since there is no offstage game, and those characters thrive on stage control.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Lol AlmostLegendary don't get trolled by NC again. If we're so bad then how about MM us? Is the economy good enough for you to play us now (that was his last John before)? :laugh:

The BBR needs more transparency.
Dude I can't even make it to apex and I've been wanting to go to that since last year. But *shrugs* whatever clever i guess.

Steam

Smash Hero
Just so im clear here:

regardless it's a very supid stage, Olimar would no doubt be ******** on pipes.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
If MK gets banned, this'll likely happen:
- Everyone jumps Marth
- Some people jump Dedede cuz he counters Marth; Falco for even MUs
- People decide to use ICs, Olimar, and Falco to combat Dedede
- Others pick up Snake and Diddy to beat ICs, Peach and Luigi to beat Olimar, and Pikachu plus some more Marth to beat Falco
- Influxes of Snake, Diddy, Marth, Peach, Luigi, Marth, and Pikachu's counters are suddenly used
- Influxes of said counter's counters are used to combat the aforementioned counters

HOLY **** LOOK AT THAT METAGAME

With MK not banned, this happens:
- Player 1 mains a bunch of high tier characters
- Player 2 uses MK
- Player 1 uses MK too

With MK out of the picture, I think Marth's gonna take that number 1 spot, but we WILL very likely see a very healthy, diverse metagame.
also re quoted for truth

T-block

B2B TST
I'd definitely get a video together if I had the recording capability. because it doesn't appear to work on certain characters like Yoshi or marth if they tilt the stick away. But I may be improperly buffering since I don't use D3 and am having to do things on the other controller with my elbows and feet. this definitely appears to work on the likes of RoB and Snake however.
With regard to this testing, I was thinking more along the lines of frame-by-frame testing. The "only 6 characters" conclusion was arrived at from frame-by-frame testing, but the actual procedure was never published. We need something like "Dedede dashes on the first available frame, grabs on frame 5, and Peach can't get out even if she jabs on the first available frame", to which the other side could say "no, he should grab on frame 4" or "Peach should spotdodge on the first available frame instead" or something.

Those are hypotheticals btw... they don't reflect what should be done to CG.

Just so im clear here:

I know it would change my vote (to Banned). It's definitely a major issue, although the stage does have other problems.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Stow the MK talk. I think a LGL is still important though.

So, why did you drop the Bowser suicide Klaw rule???
Did we find more info on what influences it, or is it just Port priority??

Anyway, this sadly won't really affect many AN stage lists.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom