• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

ds22

Smash Lord

fang-joker and heisei upgraded riders are usable, i need to find the animation data but bet Kamen rider climax heroes W animations are usable

Edit: The animation data is in .mot
Edit2: Climax heroes W animations are not usable, im going to check the iso but this sucks so you will need to make the animations by yourself
Has the same bone rigging as Tatsunoko VS Capcom and the Naruto games.
Someone really needs to figure out how to crack and open .mot files.

KururuSouchou

Smash Rookie
Edit: The animation data is in .mot
Edit2: Climax heroes W animations are not usable, im going to check the iso but this sucks so you will need to make the animations by yourself
That's a bit of a disappointment, but at this point, I think I'm just gonna try porting one or two of the models onto an existing character (with their animations), then make new ones if that works. But who to try? I'm fond of Den-O, but I suppose Kuuga's the most iconic...

Lionman

Smash Champion
That's a bit of a disappointment, but at this point, I think I'm just gonna try porting one or two of the models onto an existing character (with their animations), then make new ones if that works. But who to try? I'm fond of Den-O, but I suppose Kuuga's the most iconic...
I suggest you to use the old game for those basic characters, use only Climax Heroes OOO if you want to port any newcomer one

xetan2

Smash Cadet
I'm having some serious issues with my Krillin model...

I'm going to explain exactly what I'm trying to do.

I'm trying to port Krillin from Dragonball Revenge of King Piccolo into Brawl over Lucas. I can't get my textures to load properly, he stays white the whole time, I added animations, but he just stays in place when put on brawl. The motions show, but when he's running on the ground, he doesn't move.

If someone could help me get the textures to start to load, and if someone could help me with the animation problem I'm having it would be GREATLY appreciated!

My current computer specifications if that's of any importance to how this works is I'm using Windows 7 32-bit brawl box .63d Photoshop CS3 and 3DS max 8. Any other useful information you need from me to help get Krillin into Brawl I will gladly give so please please PLEASE help me, especially being my first hack, this stuff is hard!

Thank you for your time.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Yeah, considering the rest of the games in the series all used MDL0, right? Least it's confirmed, though.

Gonna go update the first post with all the new games with MDL0.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Is there ANY other way I can extract models from Mario Sports Mix except for a memory dump? My computer can't handle loading the game in Dolphin.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Lemme know what you want from the game. I've got all of the characters extracted, including the secret ones, as well as a few courts.
8D
please, can I get all the characters? ówò even the hockey goal keeper shy guy and lakitu? :3

even one that are acting like a basket goal? (SPOILERS)
Petey piranha

and (if possible) any stages? :3

(sorry if I making a big request D: )

EDIT: can you even try with toad with a camera at basket? :3

anivernage

Smash Apprentice
can i have too please or only bowser jr and his magic paintbrush.
for a psa over mario
sorry if it bother you
thanks

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Could you just send everything you have please? I am just really curious to take a look. Also I just found out I can load the game but it gives me an error after the loading screen. All of my games stop responding every time there is supposed to be a 3D model it just quits on me.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Well, I can see right now what the problem with Krillin's textures is, xetan2. You didn't include them at all. :V

I'll send out the fixed model to you sometime tomorrow, as well as the Mario Sports Mix models (but they will need to be resized to be larger) for the people that want 'em, the Leonardo model for .Fade, and also post up how to correct the models for Sonic Colours, Mario Sports Mix and TMNT: Smash-Up. But not how to fix the ToS2 models yet, as it's a pretty complicated process.

xetan2

Smash Cadet
Well, I can see right now what the problem with Krillin's textures is, xetan2. You didn't include them at all. :V

I'll send out the fixed model to you sometime tomorrow, as well as the Mario Sports Mix models (but they will need to be resized to be larger) for the people that want 'em, the Leonardo model for .Fade, and also post up how to correct the models for Sonic Colours, Mario Sports Mix and TMNT: Smash-Up. But not how to fix the ToS2 models yet, as it's a pretty complicated process.
See that's what I couldn't figure out, was where the textures were located, I thought that they were packed in with the mdl0 file. May I ask where you locate the textures for future references? I plan on doing more characters from this game, being I'm a HUGE dragonball fan.

I greatly appreciate this, and when the file is uploaded for use on brawl, I'll give you a lot of credit for the help :D

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
See that's what I couldn't figure out, was where the textures were located, I thought that they were packed in with the mdl0 file. May I ask where you locate the textures for future references? I plan on doing more characters from this game, being I'm a HUGE dragonball fan.

I greatly appreciate this, and when the file is uploaded for use on brawl, I'll give you a lot of credit for the help :D
The textures are in the same *.BIN file. You'll have to use a hex editor to delete everything up to the second "bres". Every "bres" after that is for their animations.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Just out of curiousity could any body tell me any DS games that use .mdl0? I would be interested to see how they are alike and different.

xetan2

Smash Cadet
Oh alright that makes sense then. Thank you. I'll have to take a look while I wait for the fixed model to get uploaded ^.^

xetan2

Smash Cadet
Alright, so I found and extracted the textures, how would I go about adding them to the model?

xetan2

Smash Cadet
Alright, thank you guys for teaching me how to do this, but that still leaves me with my movement problems in game, he won't move left and right. His animations will go through like normal, but he won't actually move. I was looking around and there is something about is TransN bone? Well I THOUGHT I followed those tutorials correctly on how to fix that, but apparently not...

I went snooping through the Goku import early beta that one guy was making (I'm sorry, I can't think of your name right now) and I never seen any TransN bone either, yet his animations and moving all work...

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Does sonic colors work?

Models from that would save me a lot of time.
Yeah, they do. They just need one additional step in correcting. You have to hex the MDL0 headers manually (the auto-hexer doesn't work, oddly enough). Then, after doing so...

...make sure the set of bytes highlighted in red is set to "00000000", then save it and run the polygon and material fixers. However, the models seem to disappear if the camera isn't focused on the middle of the stage, just like the models from Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games do. I heard it's fixable, though, but I'm not sure how yet.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
actually, the reason that some of the models disappear when they're too far from the center of the stage is because of the Unknown values for the model itself. for Brawl models, all the Unknown values are 0, but other games may have something else there, like this

the one on the left is a clean Ness model, and the one on the right is a model from Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games game. i think you can change the values in BrawlBox, but mine won't let me save it, so this is how you correct it hex wise

the first 3 boxes all need to be 0, and the 4th box only needs the red part to be 0.

this will fix the model disappearing if it's too far from the center of the stage glitch. it's probably the same reason why the Sonic Colors models do the same thing.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Lemme test that out with the Sonic-bot that I showed a while back.

(EDIT: Yep, it worked! I'll link to your post in the first post, under both Mario and Sonic, and Sonic Colours.)

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
actually, the reason that some of the models disappear when they're too far from the center of the stage is because of the Unknown values for the model itself. for Brawl models, all the Unknown values are 0, but other games may have something else there, like this

*GREAT*

the one on the left is a clean Ness model, and the one on the right is a model from Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games game. i think you can change the values in BrawlBox, but mine won't let me save it, so this is how you correct it hex wise

*MORE GREAT*

the first 3 boxes all need to be 0, and the 4th box only needs the red part to be 0.

this will fix the model disappearing if it's too far from the center of the stage glitch. it's probably the same reason why the Sonic Colors models do the same thing.
is it true? :D
need to find all mine M&S model!
Lemme test that out with the Sonic-bot that I showed a while back.

(EDIT: Yep, it worked! I'll link to your post in the first post, under both Mario and Sonic, and Sonic Colours.)
yeay, it true! >W<
I can't find my extractor to CKP files D:
what do I need to search to or the link. I know you gave the link once

oh, when will we get the characters from Mario sport mix? :3

EDIT: found it

xetan2

Smash Cadet
Hey RandomTBush,

have you had the chance to work on the Krillin model I sent you? Not only was I having those texture issues, but I had the movement issues, something to do with the TransN bone?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
oh, when will we get the characters from Mario sport mix? :3
A bit later on this week. I'm correcting each and every single one of them, to save you guys the time of doing so yourself.

Hey RandomTBush,

have you had the chance to work on the Krillin model I sent you? Not only was I having those texture issues, but I had the movement issues, something to do with the TransN bone?
Haven't gotten a chance to do so yet. As I said with the MSM models, I'll do so a bit later on this week.

Top Bottom