• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: SWF. Tribal Council Ends 2/16 6:00 PM EST!

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
You have been chosen to play a game. A game where you will risk your lives. I'm zero Vand.

AIM: VanDerLaZant
(click the button to the left)

Good times: 8 pm-12 midnight (EST) on most weekdays/weekends. 5 am - 8 am would be idle, but that's being pushy :p

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Sup y'allz. I'm Kirbyo. I'm a pretty cool guy (read: cooler than Riddle) and I expect to win this thang, mangs.

Available times this week: evenings

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Hello everyone~ ^__^

I'm Joey. Most of you Dgamers may not know me, but thankfully I know a lot of you from aimafia or other places!

A few random facts about me:
~I looove pink. Pink and This blueish-greenish color. Favorite colors. You may see me posting in these every now and again if colored posts are allowed.
~I'm in school as a highschool student and a school band member, so I'm not online through my computer that often. I usually get home from school anytime between 5:30 and 6:30, but on days with pepband games, I may get home as late as 11 pm - 12 am est. I will tell the mod when these days are so they're not worried about me being inactive.
~My aim is Purin1995. I would suggest this because I can get on aim through my phone. If you see me on aim through my phone, and you message me about this game, I would like to request that you send me the log as well, because I don't know how to save aim logs through my phone, and I need to put it in my quicktopic too.

The time I'm most likely to be active is 6:15 EST. I'm almost always home at this time.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Mod: Does anything prevent us from posting our QT in thread?

Hola! and good night.

Anyway, I intend to win every immunity challenge, so don't bother to contact me. But if you do, know that I'm always invisible when I am on AIM, and even then that's pretty rare. Still, if you'd like to give it a try, I'm CelloMarl.

Now that's not to say I'm not willing to forge partnerships. I just won't do it outside the thread. I'm no heel.

3-10 pm Monday and Friday, noon-2 pm Thursday, Tuesday, and 8 am-10 pm Wednesday and Weekends.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's a good point, Joey.

I suggest everyone turn their logs on aim/the instanting massager you'll be using.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, also, what if we have a conversation irl? How should we record it?
I would prefer that it occur electronically. However, if a conversation happens irl, both of you are required to write a detailed synopsis in your quicktopic.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Sounds like a Cello/Ryu alliance. =O

Hi, guys.
Aim - Tandoravonsydow
I am usually able to get on between 5-6pm when I get home from work and before I start my evening socialization. Depending on the day, I can be on longer, but not always and never on Wednesdays. Weekends are pretty good for me. Thank god, I'm EST. =D

@mod, you want unique things that most people would find unique or unique things unique to you? =3

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tandora, things most people would find unique.

It can be almost anything, tho. (to everyone) If you are unsure, you can send in the facts and I'll tell you if I need more.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
sweet :D

I'm Zen, which you all know. My AIM & Skype are both itasuki1. I'm more likely to be on Aim than on skype, but if you really need to get in contact with me, PM or VM here on swf would be best.

Times: I have a pretty weird schedule this week. 6-7pm EST and 12:30-1:30 would be ideal times for me this week, but I can manage with other times, just not on a cpu. Next week is also a lot more flexible. As are the weeks after. Pretty much 6-9pm EST I think works.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Hello everyone! I'm looking forward to this game and I hope that the politics get so intense that we could all run for an elected office by the time the game ends. >=D

Anyway, Look a few inches to the left, and you'll see my name.
AIM: Saricous
Available times: 4-11 PM EST, Mondays are bad. Everything else is ok.

I am currently a college graduate student, studying trolling. A fine art with many nuances that the untrained eye will easily miss.

I am looking for work. For those interested, My resume is right here.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
2.) Once you have been voted out of the game, you are allowed to make one post that can contain anything WITHIN 5 MINUTES of the post that includes that you have been voted off. The post’s word limit is 25 words.
I believe this rule is kind of harsh. Unless of course, we are given a set time for when the elimination post will occur. Can you clarify this Mayling?

b) Every now and then, unannounced, I will roll a d20 for all players currently in the game. For players who receives a natural 20, they will randomly get a snippet of someone else’s conversation. This snippet may inform them of an alliance you have created or your thought process!
What's a d20??

X1-12

Smash Champion
Hey guys since I'm not busy pretending like I know how to play mafia, I'll be just chilling and you might get to know the real me! Its not much different. I'm X1, my interests are pretty much limited to playing mafia, playing Melee (Placed 9th Nationally last tourney) and reading Terry Pratchett books

I'm feeling like just not doing any of this alliance stuff. But then again if you ask me nicely idk. Just be cool people I'm not that fussed about winning this just having fun (omfg is X1 really saying this?) If you're planning some kinda ploy to backstab somebody well eh I cba really. Unless its someone I genuinely dislike (Read: actually people I do not like, this does not include any Mafia Banter)

My AIM is Tristan@Bunyan.com this is also my e-mail and my MSN, AIM will be the best way to contact me though, I'm nearly always on if I'm at my PC

Times to catch me: 11-5 PM EST on weekdays. 7-6 PM EST on weekends.

Following Questions are @Mod:

c) After this given time period, tribal council will occur. All players will vote for who they want to be voted OFF the game, and naturally the person who has the immunity idol cannot be voted for. The votes will be private, PMed to to this account. If you desire, you may “write” the name onto a .jpg and send it to me (this enables you to draw stuff on it, and give it a bit of personality.) If you do this, the picture will be shown. When you send in your vote, include anything you want to say. This information is not immediately given to everyone. However, this will be revealed at the end of the game for fun, so be thoughtful of what you say!
When you say the picture will be shown, do you mean if we send our votes in picture form, our votes will become public because of this?

5) Immunity Challenge:
“Okay, gang. The theme of this immunity challenge is Name That Lyric! The first to five points will be given the immunity idol! Please ask questions within the next five minutes!”
Questions will be asked. Five minutes will pass. The immunity challenge will begin.
“First lyric: I’m never going to give you up, I’m never going to let you down.”
This first lyrics is wrong I beleive. herpaderp. srsbsns though, Can you give us examples of the kind of questions/topics that will come up in the Challenges? Also will we be told before hand the topic of the upcoming Challenge? i.e other than the 5 minutes you spoke about in the rules

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I believe this rule is kind of harsh. Unless of course, we are given a set time for when the elimination post will occur. Can you clarify this Mayling
Yes, the elimination post will have a set time it is revealed. Basically this is to mimic when someone is voted off, the decision is final and they're asked to leave tribal area. But technically in the show you can say something quick, but nothing like "oh, Mayling told me this and this and this and this." Hope that makes sense.

Following Questions are @Mod:

When you say the picture will be shown, do you mean if we send our votes in picture form, our votes will become public because of this?
Actually, I think I'm going to change that rule. Either everyone has to send in a picture or no one does. Otherwise people would be able to easily distinguish who voted who while others remain blank.

However, just so you know all votes are made public. It'll basically be like this.

First vote: Mayling.

Second vote: Alex.

Third Vote: Mayling.

Fourth Vote: Alex

Fifth vote: Admiral Hugsalot

However, who voted who wouldn't be said. But everyone would see what votes would be.

Oh! This is what we'll do in case of a tie.

In case of a tie, both players with the most votes on then will state their case of why they should stay. Then, the remaining players will revote, choosing between either one of these people. If there is another retie, the player who the most total votes from previous councils will be voted out.
---

If we did the picture thing then all the pictures would be shown... but with 15 pictures that might a bit long to load. You guys can give your thoughts and feelings on this, if you'd like. Originally I thought it might give some thoughts and feelings to the votes, but really it's sort of a disadvantage if you decide to do it. If people don't want to send in pics, Ill change it. If people do, then everyone will have to.

This first lyrics is wrong I beleive. herpaderp. srsbsns though, Can you give us examples of the kind of questions/topics that will come up in the Challenges? Also will we be told before hand the topic of the upcoming Challenge? i.e other than the 5 minutes you spoke about in the rules
The kinds of questions/topic that come up in the challenges are a secret. However, when I announce WHEN the next immunity challenge is, I will give a short lyrical poem that talks about what the next challenge will be about. It doesn't flat out say what it will be, but gives hints.

If I decide to change any of the rules, I'll change it in the first post by striking out the old ruling and putting the new ruling in orange. But as we continue to play the game, I'll pretty much be holding everyone's hand all the way through on what needs to be done.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Mayling said:
Yes, the elimination post will have a set time it is revealed. Basically this is to mimic when someone is voted off, the decision is final and they're asked to leave tribal area. But technically in the show you can say something quick, but nothing like "oh, Mayling told me this and this and this and this." Hope that makes sense.
To elaborate further, this is just to mimic the part of the show where someone stands up, grabs their torch, and has it snuffed. The only thing they're allowed to say at that point is "Good luck everyone," or "screw you guys" or something like that. They aren't allowed to start shouting "By the way, vand has a secret alliance with X1 that none of you know about, and Cello lied to me!" etc.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, it's more of just an elaborate Bah post, so I suppose I can take off the five minute time limit. As long as it isn't during the next immunity challenge.

Also, once you are voted off, you are not allowed to talk to other people outside the thread about this game.

The one exception to this rule is the Jury, which once we're to that stage, I will make a quicktopic for them.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
The following ruling from Communcation, b has been changed.

b) Every now and then, unannounced, I will roll a d20 for all players currently in the game. For players who receives a natural 20, they will randomly get a snippet of someone else’s conversation. If someone gets a natural 20, then I will roll a number for the amount of people left in the game. The person who got the natural 20 will receive that person's most recent conversation that is not with themselves. If the conversation is over 100 lines, then it will be broken up into equal amounts and another die roll will determine which section you receive. (Any attempt to seemingly pad your conversation will be discounted.) This conversation may inform them of an alliance you have created or your thought process!

The following ruling from Beginning Gameplay, c has been changed.

The votes will be private, PMed to to this account. All votes will be sent privately to this account, but revealed during the end of tribal council. If you desire, you may “write” the name onto a .jpg and send it to me (this enables you to draw stuff on it, and give it a bit of personality.) If you do this, the picture will be shown. When you send in your vote, include anything you want to say. This information is not immediately given to everyone. However, this will be revealed at the end of the game for fun, so be thoughtful of what you say!

Delvro

Smash Ace
Are you going to ask us a bunch of revealing questions during tribal council like that guy always does? >=[

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Are you going to ask us a bunch of revealing questions during tribal council like that guy always does? >=[
Unfortunately that can't really be replicated since we're doing it on forum and it would mess up with the sync of council. :c

X1-12

Smash Champion
a) You are allowed to talk out of game. However, a quicktopic has been created for each player. If you talk with someone, you MUST log the information into the quicktopic I’ve given you. Because each person must log the information, it should be replicates and we will be able to determine discrepancies. So honor the honor system! Furthermore, there will be an additional quicktopic created for those who are voted off the island. After you have been voted out, you will receive the link to that quicktopic, and thus are allowed to communicate with them and watch the game reveal.
Does this apply to those in the last 9?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
If there is enough demand for this game, maybe you could make a second concurrent SWF survivor game made primarily of older players, then merge the "tribes".

@X1: Alliance of people who don't want alliances? You up for that?

X1-12

Smash Champion
When you say alliance that consists of what? Voting together? If you still want to when this sorta thing becomes important then maybe

M.K

Level 55
Ahh, so excited to get started ^_^
I'm Meta-Kirby. My real name is Kenny, and if you wish to address me as such, I don't really have a problem with that. XD I'm a Senior right now.
My AIM is the best way of contacting me other than SWF VM/PM. My AIM screenname is MetaKirbeh. Feel free to hit me up ^_^

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Does this apply to those in the last 9?
Actually to clarify that, it is going to work like this.

There are 15 people. The first 6 people voted off will no longer have anything to do with this game, unless if they want to keep up with it which they are free to do. I will create a quicktopic for them and they can talk amongst those 6. They cannot talk with those remaining in the game.

Once it is down to 9, every one person will continue to play in the game. Once you are voted out during that time, you will move on to a "jury." The jury will consist of 7 people, and those 7 people will vote for the winner of the game, which are the two remaining players. The jury will also have a quicktopic created for them, and the jury can talk amongst themselves, but no longer with anyone in the game, and not with the 6 voted out before them.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I made some changes to the opening thread, just fyi! Mainly I clarified how the game will be played.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Do not communicate with other people outside of this thread just yet. If you have already broken this announcement, don't fret, but stop doing it.
It has come to my attention people have contacted others outside. As punishment, I am posting the logs here.

Meta Kirbeh 3:37 pm
[Offline IM sent 2h and 42m ago] Hey J, message me when you get this AIM. Thinkin' about a Survivor alliance.
J 6:19 pm
heya MK
=-O
Meta Kirbeh 6:19 pm
Hey ^_^ Heh, yeah, I know its surprising, but alliances are like...literally everything in this game XD
J 6:20 pm
yea I know :3c
Meta Kirbeh 6:20 pm
So whaddya say?
J 6:20 pm
hmm bit early but it'd be nice to have a buddy i guess
however, why me?
Meta Kirbeh 6:22 pm
Because I know you are rather active.
And thats gonna be key

M.K

Level 55
Ehhhhh, missed the rule in post #38 completely. Got it confused with the second rule in the first post that says we could talk outside the game. -_-

Fun.

M.K

Level 55
Go ahead and laugh if you want, lmao.
Shouldn't have contradicting rules, or it should've been mentioned somewhere in the first post that we weren't supposed to be talking at the start of the game.

Top Bottom