• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: SWF. Tribal Council Ends 2/16 6:00 PM EST!

X1-12

Smash Champion
Pretty active, yes. If its purely activity you want though (as you say it is) Then I was a considerably better choice.

^Not salty he didn't pick me lol, Just telling you J

Ryunnosuke

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm Ryunnosuke.

You cannot contact me outside of game. I'm pretty much only going to look at what's on the forums or my private messages. In fact, if Cello even attempts to talk to me about this game in the same room, I intend to ignore him.

The reason for this is because I don't intend to be a threat to any of the alliances. I'm just a neutral, swayable voter. Take me to the jury and I'll be happy.

Immunity challenges that don't interfere with my raid times will most likely be attended.

Good luck everybody!

P.S. I'm voting Kirbyoshi first for his ridiculous notion that the Yap family votes together. You obviously don't know anything about us.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Yo actually if you are in an alliance and want me to vote someone hit me a message about it and i will actually think about it. For example if i want to get rid of 2 people equal amounts and I know the alliance is voting for for one i can go with them. In doing this any alliance gains my potential vote, but not my full support, so its good for them

also if you think you will be the best player then its in your interest to keep me around until at least the last 9 because I will have info on each alliance and several different players - I will be in one of the best positions to judge who played well

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I really wish I'd seen this thing in time to sign up... :( (I saw it yesterday after school, but by then it was full.)

M.K

Level 55
Yo actually if you are in an alliance and want me to vote someone hit me a message about it and i will actually think about it. For example if i want to get rid of 2 people equal amounts and I know the alliance is voting for for one i can go with them. In doing this any alliance gains my potential vote, but not my full support, so its good for them

also if you think you will be the best player then its in your interest to keep me around until at least the last 9 because I will have info on each alliance and several different players - I will be in one of the best positions to judge who played well
Like for real? lmao, this is prime alliance hopping.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Most of you are doing great in logging your conversations, however I'm adding a rule that if you don't log your conversations you aren't viable for MVP. I won't kick you out of the game, but if you manage to "win" the game, you still won't receive MVP if you don't log your conversations. Every time I warn you about logging is a strike, and three strikes makes you inviable for MVP. Logging is just as part of the game as any of the other aspects.

If anyone is concerned about if their logging is insufficient, PM me and I'll tell you. (I imagine if you're worried you're doing it right, you're prolly doing it right tho. Still, feel free!)

Additionally, someone asked me if they could make their own QT instead of the one I sent them. This is perfectly fine if that's what any of you desire, but any QT that's made for this game must be sent to me.

This will be added to the first post.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I'm Ryunnosuke.

You cannot contact me outside of game. I'm pretty much only going to look at what's on the forums or my private messages. In fact, if Cello even attempts to talk to me about this game in the same room, I intend to ignore him.

The reason for this is because I don't intend to be a threat to any of the alliances. I'm just a neutral, swayable voter. Take me to the jury and I'll be happy.

Immunity challenges that don't interfere with my raid times will most likely be attended.

Good luck everybody!

P.S. I'm voting Kirbyoshi first for his ridiculous notion that the Yap family votes together. You obviously don't know anything about us.
Hey Ryu, I think we were in a mafia game together once.

Curiously why do you intend to not participate in outside communication, i.e. aim or alliances and such? Does it not interest you or is it for strategic purposes?

Also @Cello I'm interested to see your thoughts on this as well. You're a play to win kind of guy, and I know you love manipulating people, so why have you adopted a stance of "everything I do will be public." Do you think this is a viable strategy?

So you plan to be a "middle man" in this game? One that can be swayed by alliances, but is not in any himself?

I wonder if you actually are in any alliances, but are going to swear that you're not. Hmm ;)

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
vanderzant said:
So you plan to be a "middle man" in this game? One that can be swayed by alliances, but is not in any himself?

I wonder if you actually are in any alliances, but are going to swear that you're not. Hmm
This is for those of you who thought there wouldn't be any WIFOM in a non-mafia game. 2bad.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Vanderzant said:
Also @Cello I'm interested to see your thoughts on this as well. You're a play to win kind of guy, and I know you love manipulating people, so why have you adopted a stance of "everything I do will be public." Do you think this is a viable strategy?
I think stating that in public and never getting caught to the contrary is. I think I'll start taking my chances around Day 9 or so.

I feel like I'm playing quantum werewolf, but without the whole "I can win after all!".

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
This is for those of you who thought there wouldn't be any WIFOM in a non-mafia game. 2bad.
Ha. There is always WIFOM.

Cello said:
I think stating that in public and never getting caught to the contrary is. I think I'll start taking my chances around Day 9 or so.

I feel like I'm playing quantum werewolf, but without the whole "I can win after all!".
Yeah ok thought so.

Imo, anyone who says they don't intend to form alliances or voting strategy is either 1. not interested in playing the game to win or 2. is a liar.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Musical instrument. Although I play no musical instrument. For those that don't know the difference (which, come on, most of the people here are probably band geeks/garage band and don't need this but whatever) it's "ch" not "se". Like Cirno. Dang Hilt and S2 always getting my tag wrong. Cheer-no!

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
I think it's "ZIV-vee" and "Kuh-TAY-fee." At least that's how I pronounce them. And it's not "RON-ike"? My life is ruined.

*cuts self*

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
musical instrument. Although i play no musical instrument. For those that don't know the difference (which, come on, most of the people here are probably band geeks/garage band and don't need this but whatever) it's "ch" not "se". Like cirno. Dang hilt and s2 always getting my tag wrong. Cheer-no!

_________

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry that my complete and utter lack of musical prowess was a cornerstone of your Cello-belief structure. Wait, that doesn't make any sense. Well, I'm too lazy and tired to destroy this text, so instead I'll continue to type this explanation of my not making it dead. And will instead instruct rabbits or something to make it opposite. Tee hee.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I think it's "ZIV-vee" and "Kuh-TAY-fee." At least that's how I pronounce them. And it's not "RON-ike"? My life is ruined.

*cuts self*
I thought it was ZV. Though, in my country we pronounce Z as "Zed." Weird huh.

And I think you're wrong about Kat too.

ancient legends say kataefi is the most mispronounced name on smashboards so just call me Kat or Kata or anything that makes me easier to address lol

I am NOT a girl! *shakes fist*
From this brief explanation, I would presume you would say "Cata" then "Fee."

Zen said:
Row-Knee-Kay?
Yah there was a discussion on this somewhere, probably the social thread. I think you are right... or it might of been Row-Knee-Kee. Who knows?

On topic discussion is on topic :awesome:

On topic discussion is on topic.

Ryunnosuke

Smash Rookie
The reason I'm refusing to talk about the game out of game ( I should go ahead and say, at the moment, since things may change in the future) is so that everyone knows exactly where I'm coming from in my positions and to show that I have no hidden agendas. It's also so that I don't get penalized by getting bushwhacked with Survivor converstations when I had no idea that I had to log them with the mods.

Obviously the reason I'm doing this is because I feel this is the best way for me to make it to the final nine. You may not be able to influence people in concrete alliances, but your alliance may have the ability to influence me. In a way, that's a form of power.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
@ mod, would it be okay if you change the header to represent when the next challenge is? Kinda like deadlines in mafia?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
All topics are on topic.

Also, sadness @LAA. Until I realized we outnumber you. So, I'm fine with that.

@Americans: We should form a Western alliance so we can get rid of just enough of Them so that we outnumber them. That way, we keep the immunity challenges at times where we can actually participate, and can hedge Them out as we need to. Who's with me?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Imo, anyone who says they don't intend to form alliances or voting strategy is either 1. not interested in playing the game to win or 2. is a liar.
I'm saying I refuse to join any alliances because that is invitation to be backstabbed, or be forced into something I don't want to do. A group led by 1 person is inherently not going to benefit the whole group, but instead benefit mainly that 1 leader. And if its supposedly a democracy then why is it not just being posted in the thread? The idea I proposed where any alliance (or any player in fact) can ASK me to vote for the player they are voting for is genuinely mutually beneficial, as if I disagree they lose nothing, but if I agree they gain something. I am in the same position but am not at much risk of being backstabbed imo.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Also I will definitely miss the Immunity Challenge, other than being V/LA on that day it will start at half 4 in the morning my time

Delvro

Smash Ace
I'm a little surprised it's after 11 PM, but I guess it wouldn't be at that time if the majority couldn't make it.

Ryunnosuke

Smash Rookie
LAA will fail. All it does is paint a nice red target symbol on your forehead.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
This is Mayling and I putthe wrong time. I announcedthe challenge is at 930 and changed it this morning in a rush. I'm on the road right nowon a 13+ hour trip and in an iPhone that's not mine. Sorry, it's at 930 pm not 1135. 1135 is the deadline for the stuff. Sorry for confusion

challenge is 930 not 1130!

X1-12

Smash Champion
If anyone says anything to me on AIM or other instant messengers from now on. You get the message "I'm not going to talk about this on AIM/MSN/whatever"

Just a heads up.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Maybe because the majority of the players are American, and you proposed the LAA strategy? :bee: Just saying.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I responded D:

Also I am kindof like idk excited to see what this first immunity challenge will be like because I wanna see how I can do. =o

I wonder....will there be teams possibly in this game? Like the show itself. That'd be interesting as heck ;D. Maybe not since this is sole survivor but idk.

Top Bottom