• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Dittos have to count for something; I know it doesn't really prove who's better, but if you're going to be the best at a certain character, why not be the best at the ditto? Look at M2K, for example. He's been dominating in MK dittos for the longest time.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Remove NAKAT and put 4biddin.

He's honorable mentioned in IN/KY's PR, and is immediately recognizable as "that one fox that beasts with the rest of the black order". (NAME PLUG!)

That's a good enough reasons to get NAKAT off the list, and everyone is happy!

Or is it ? :X

nah but w/e, people shouldn't get all up in arms about this, it's not that big of a deal, quit arguing about it seriously.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Dittos have to count for something; I know it doesn't really prove who's better, but if you're going to be the best at a certain character, why not be the best at the ditto? Look at M2K, for example. He's been dominating in MK dittos for the longest time.

The only Ditto that seems to matter in this game is the MK one. And I don't think that's too unfair. However, I do think what Jerm did is a somewhat achievement, but I don't know how much water it holds.

I also don't seem to have too much of a opinion in my own thread or else I'm being bias which is fine w/ me. These types of threads it's best to not get your personal opinion involved which I find to be ok. This thread has lasted longer than the others like itself and we all seem to come to a compromise one way or another. Please keep the updating going and inform me of any changes needing to be made to the current list. Thank You.

Player-1

Smash Legend
dittos mean just as much as any other matchup. The ditto MU is still just another MU, just as equal as Vs MK or vs ganon or vs luigi, etc. They're all equal

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I agree that dittos are important. (to an extent)

Gamefaqs had a ditto-system that tested the strength of mains. We had "X character" Champion and "X character" runner ups like below:

:wario:
Champ: Billy
Runner up: Bob
Runner up: George

I ended up being Wario Champ for a long while, and then retired from Gamefaqs. It was all wifi, though. Still, it would be neat to see something similar, but it must be clear that challenges are met with actual dittos (MM/tourney matches) not comparing overall results.

Wario dittos are so sexy... :)

milesg2g

Smash Champion
dittos mean just as much as any other matchup. The ditto MU is still just another MU, just as equal as Vs MK or vs ganon or vs luigi, etc. They're all equal
I agree that dittos are important. (to an extent)

Gamefaqs had a ditto-system that tested the strength of mains. We had "X character" Champion and "X character" runner ups like below:

:wario:
Champ: Billy
Runner up: Bob
Runner up: George

I ended up being Wario Champ for a long while, and then retired from Gamefaqs. It was all wifi, though. Still, it would be neat to see something similar, but it must be clear that challenges are met with actual dittos (MM/tourney matches) not comparing overall results.

Wario dittos are so sexy... :)

Ok so we're gonna count ditto's as just another win and/or a comparison of 2 players? I just want to know for future reference.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'm suggesting we have separate ditto system to get people better with their specific characters by challenging people in tournament for these types of matches in order to get better at their character. You could also just put down your rank instead of money as a means of challenge. (I challenge Bob for their runner up position; Bob then lays down (reasonable) rules for the challenge, i.e., 2 out of 3, 3 out of 5, with the regular ruleset etc...)

This system would be separate from other comparison and ranking systems such as the Top 5 Brawl thread and the PR threads in general. It could at least have an impact on the opinions of the players within that certain character group by seeing what "user x"'s style is with "character x".

In the gamefaqs system, you had to work your way up the ranks (one of the two runner ups) in order to demonstrate worthiness to challenge the Champ. For tournaments and smashfests, this could take place, and then the player in the champ position can, like M2K, get better at the ditto, and those who challenge him can learn how this person uses their character.

Keep in mind, this only helps for the basics and how a person can acquire a certain style on their own without taking into account the rest of the matchups. That is up to the person to explore on their own.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I'm suggesting we have separate ditto system to get people better with their specific characters by challenging people in tournament for these types of matches in order to get better at their character. You could also just put down your rank instead of money as a means of challenge. (I challenge Bob for their runner up position; Bob then lays down (reasonable) rules for the challenge, i.e., 2 out of 3, 3 out of 5, with the regular ruleset etc...)

This system would be separate from other comparison and ranking systems such as the Top 5 Brawl thread and the PR threads in general. It could at least have an impact on the opinions of the players within that certain character group by seeing what "user x"'s style is with "character x".

In the gamefaqs system, you had to work your way up the ranks (one of the two runner ups) in order to demonstrate worthiness to challenge the Champ. For tournaments and smashfests, this could take place, and then the player in the champ position can, like M2K, get better at the ditto, and those who challenge him can learn how this person uses their character.

Keep in mind, this only helps for the basics and how a person can acquire a certain style on their own without taking into account the rest of the matchups. That is up to the person to explore on their own.

This sounds good but I'd hate to see someone seed a tourney horribly to prove a point lol. Rank Matches does sound interesting, I can't see I didn't see it coming once people took this thread seriously. I just want most of the ranking to be off of tourney results and wins.

Denti

Smash Master
Olimar dittos aren't equal, it's pikmin line dependent. When I lost my last ditto he had 4 purple pikmin... Just sayin :) They're all equal except olimar dittos

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Oh well then. Port priority should be given to the challenger. :) Or maybe just shift them every game, base it on Paper Rock Scissors, or flip a coin. Doesn't matter much if you're putting forth the amount of skill needed to show off your particular style. That's what makes some dittos fun!

Snake, Olimar, argueably Link/TL, and maybe a few others (DEDEDE ?! XD) would probably be problematic. Anyways its all for fun and learning. What do you learn from two Dedede's chain grab-infinting eachother? NOTHING! That's why in ditto challenges you should put limitations down, Just like warios do, we sometimes do grab release rules

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Only reason I see people getting mad is that if they get ranked there is someone better than them, or someone they feel their better than above them, and it makes them salty. They should switch the salty with motivation IMO

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Name them. From tournaments. And don't respond by asking me the same question, I already pre-concede that I've been inactive and haven't been attending tournaments in six months outside of 12 man locals that I usually get second to Itakio at and Apex (*cough*inwhichItwostockedJuneBug,can'twaittobeatTrela*cough*). [I could actually argue Itakio as a notable win, he took 17th of ~150 at WGF this last weekend in his first out of state tournament, and I've taken him out of winners on several occasions]

So.
Xyro (Samus), and Jerm (Toon Link).

Who else?
Yet lost the set.........

And the Wolf top 5 are all spelled wrong. Choice and Kain both have underscores before and after the letters in their names. Ac also has two periods between the A and C. My name is missing my underscore too. Holms's name has no E. GET THIS LIST ACCURATE.

This list is faulty because people's names are all spelled incorrectly. Be forewarned when people try to youtube search without da underscores :troll:.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Only reason I see people getting mad is that if they get ranked there is someone better than them, or someone they feel their better than above them, and it makes them salty. They should switch the salty with motivation IMO
Truth. There is a reason this man is a God Kai, and it ain't just his skill.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Have you beaten Havok? Did you consistently get top 3 in your region for a while?
No, I havnt, nor did I play havok. Its a match up havok clearly doesnt know. I even saw him practicing with mike haze's toon link (which was pretty horrible ) before he played MJG, and havok wasnt even doing that well =/. But he beat CO18 after I lost to him.. im assuming its because he had you to practice that match up with a good amount cause you were visiting his area alot. But whatever no johns, just made me learn more about the match up.

Ensis did however lose to D4BA, a MK player down here who ive been beating pretty consistently. Ensis also used MK on denti in losers, after getting 2-0'd by him at another recent tourney. Another Texas player that ive been beating pretty consistently.

Also, I havnt gotten consistent top 3, but top 4 yes. But while his tougher threats seem to be domo and hylian. Every tournament that I attend for sure has gnes, razer, and trela because we go to them all together. I also have to worry about players like espy and dojo attending. So it is clearly much harder to place top 3 consistently here.. and ive still managed top 4 with some top 3 placings

And I beat him in the ditto 2-0(just incase that helps)

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Isn't the best player in mexico a wario player? Obviously incredibly hard to rank him, but I don't think that just because TKD is ranked you should say this is a NAFTA ranking.
I;m pretty sure Pwii beat him LOL

So, I'm just bringing this from nowhere, lol. Orion how about you're read the people your supporting before you just jump up and agree w/ them. I take it the only reason NAKAT said "mhm" to my post replying to this one was because he agreed with what I said.
You're level of density amuses me

actually facts that can be backed up by statistics can't be untrue.
Well when you're talking about the "best" and now who places the highest, in the end it WILL come down to opinion- Not just placings. Both are relevant though, lol.

LOL at results being facts.

FACT: I won a 60 person tournament, using mainly Ganondorf.

FACT: No other Ganon has put up a result that impressive.

Looks like I should be the best Ganon. Let's completely ignore how the tournament was only attended by students at Wash U. Clearly all that matters is a number, followed by another number. Get at my 1/60.
Ganon won a tournament, Bowser has not won a tournament, therefore Ganon is better than Bowser.

And now we see what happens when people look at results instead of at the character.

I'm slightly sad this list is only for current players. Kos-Mos IMO in his prime had the best Peach hands down. I'll never consider another Peach better than him unless that person finds a way to always pull a bomb or strong turnip lol.
DMG da bess
And that's not true either. Sitting down and looking at one's playstyle and letting that decide who's better is completely off of opinion. It's like saying, "X player has less habbits and more impressive player style than Y player, even though Y player has more impressive results. I'll pick X player because I mean they're close but I like his playstyle better" There's no way that's more accurate. I feel like you guys are using words too loosely.
It has nothing to do with "liking" a playstyle, and that is one out of many factors that could contribute to something.
Jerm for best TL!

You better **** at Pound 5 :)
Not in a mean way because i think Jerm *****

Hyro/Jash scare me a little more ._.

No one man should have all that power.
Dr.Kanye West is one of the brightest
You're reason is exactly what I said it was then Orion was like "Nobody said said that LOL" then when I clearly pointed out that you said that he didn't respond.
Do you ever consider the possibility that I have things to do outside of SWF?

I still have exams, let alone trying to get a few small personal problems together regarding my current financial situation. This thread is probably the last one I prioritize in posting wise in my little free time lol.

And, You still misinterpreted what he said.....

You are saying that the list shouldn't effect how you play, and he said that he wants to just play without a list telling him who he's above or below or whatever. The two while relative to each other are significantly different rofl,

In other words- (feel free to tell me if I didn't understand what you said properly btw Tyrell) Nakats saying that he just wants to play and do his best, and not have to deal with his name being thrown around in a "likely" flawed list that holds no weight in the first place.

I seriously doubt Nakat's thinking in his matches, "OH GOD IF I LOSE THIS ILL DROP TO 4TH BEST FOX ON MILES'S LIST, NOOOOO"

If theres any pressure at all during a tournament match, there are a lot more worthy things to worry about in his position, lol.
iblis shut up lol
I actually laughed out loud at that for some reason.
It should just count as another win against a good player.

Orion*

Smash Researcher

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I;m pretty sure Pwii beat him LOL

You're level of density amuses me

Well when you're talking about the "best" and now who places the highest, in the end it WILL come down to opinion- Not just placings. Both are relevant though, lol.

DMG da bess

It has nothing to do with "liking" a playstyle, and that is one out of many factors that could contribute to something.

Not in a mean way because i think Jerm *****

Hyro/Jash scare me a little more ._.

Dr.Kanye West is one of the brightest

Do you ever consider the possibility that I have things to do outside of SWF?

I still have exams, let alone trying to get a few small personal problems together regarding my current financial situation. This thread is probably the last one I prioritize in posting wise in my little free time lol.

And, You still misinterpreted what he said.....

You are saying that the list shouldn't effect how you play, and he said that he wants to just play without a list telling him who he's above or below or whatever. The two while relative to each other are significantly different rofl,

In other words- (feel free to tell me if I didn't understand what you said properly btw Tyrell) Nakats saying that he just wants to play and do his best, and not have to deal with his name being thrown around in a "likely" flawed list that holds no weight in the first place.

I seriously doubt Nakat's thinking in his matches, "OH GOD IF I LOSE THIS ILL DROP TO 4TH BEST FOX ON MILES'S LIST, NOOOOO"

If theres any pressure at all during a tournament match, there are a lot more worthy things to worry about in his position, lol.

I actually laughed out loud at that for some reason.

It should just count as another win against a good player.
Homie is still blind when I already posted why I didn't lmao.
Either you guys have a bad sense of humor or you really find this funny. I saw what you said and I think it contradicts your points. The list doesn't effect how you play in tourney, yet you don't want to have to worry about your name being thrown around in a "flawed list that holds no weight in the first place". Correct me if I'm wrong, You just said you don't think the list will have an effect on HOW you play in tourney, but instead you WORRY about where it's gonna put your name on this "flawed" list. Two completely different things. Forgive me if I'm wrong but if someone truly doesn't care about something they wouldn't care if they were on it or off it. So saying "take me off because I don't want to have to worry about where I'm gonna be on the list, I just wanna play without thinking about where I go on your list afterwards" Someone who truly doesn't care would just go "I'm on the list? Wow ok I don't even agree with this. Oh well I'ma just keep playing to the best of my abilities, I don't care where what they think I won't view the thread anymore". Also NAKAT a big thing you said in your post was that you didn't want to be involved in any arguments or player comparison about who's better than who. But the drama you're causing on your name being put on the list is almost trumping the Peach argument.

You're on the list. Deal with it. If you want off place horrible.

what...?

real talk though this guy is out of the loop if he's late to vinnie being da bess

UTD zac lost to someone who didnt know they could shield grab

:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:
Orion, why are you still on this list you heavily don't care about? I mean it's a useless thread you'd rather not see the community focus on. Then why are you on it?

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
for the record nj/ny is by far the best coast

followed by california

at least in USA, i know cuz ive been like everywhere already
That's funny, because the top Cali players always get wrecked when they come to Texas.

Edit - In fact, MikeHAZE even came and lost to Dojo at a MK banned tournament once. I'll put our top players against California's top players in a crew battle any day and watch Cali get **** on.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Orion, why are you still on this list you heavily don't care about? I mean it's a useless thread you'd rather not see the community focus on. Then why are you on it?

YEAH ORIOON !!!!!!l :@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom