• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [SA] Adelaide/ South Australia Smash Community

SethT

Smash Ace
Back in the days when I could afford to practice without school ****ting down my throat.

Ant1

Smash Ace
lol year 9 my class never did work. For maths we even booked the library computers (saying the teachers wanted it). We would tell him we have the computers and he just let us go and tried to make us do work.

DoMo.

Smash Apprentice
year 12 ***** us during weekdays, however weekends belong to smash ^_^

SethT

Smash Ace
Year twelve ***** me because I play smash on the weekends zzz

edit: That being said, time/money well spent.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Man today was so sluggish, 3 hours of sleep after being awake for 24 hours straight clearly isn't enough.

My god that was a terrible situation we found ourselves in, next time we ever find ourselves needing a taxi at that time of the night and in some obscure address I'm ordering one ahead of time.

I don't think I placed top 8 this time, but I was knocked out by both Atilla and Afro so I'm rather happy. Packed in so many friendlies with the Baranyays, man they are incredibly fun to play against. Everyone in the bracket was so ridiculously good.

SA didn't do that bad, Grim, Marc, Eric and I got out of pools and Josh and Nova held their own in friendlies when I was watching. Josh has possibly decided to drop Olimar which is a good prospect.

Luneth

Smash Journeyman

Looooool
sounds like you had fun.
Gohst, you at yo mums house this weekend?

SethT

Smash Ace
Luneth, your asking to get your *** 'banned for lulz' with your sig.

and yeah, year 12, interesting..

Luneth

Smash Journeyman
lol Id like to see them ban me
Ill just create a gaganova account.
rules 8 and 9 :D
I only comment on this thread any way

Gears

Smash Journeyman
I don't play Gears enough to see his progress, but I really think that you (Aces) and DoMo develop REALLY fast.
Play some friendlies with me at Val. I've learned a couple of new chars. Whatever I do better with, I'll use as my main.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
At least one of the mods here have double standards. I got an infraction for censor dodging then a few days later see the mod that gave it to me do the exact same thing :surprised:
How about you make your swear filter better, duh.

Gears im just gonna come up with a name for you and Ill make it stick. Wont be something good either ;)

pressokman

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for everything guys. especially chris! navigating us out of all our problems i know i would be homeless in melbourne with out you. Marc and I came fourth in doubles. we were playing friendlies with spoike and sd for ages and doing great even busting out the pika zelda team and went back and forth. we ran out of steam against a a team we beat already and came in fourth XD sour over melee singles but i did so well in friendlies it hardly matters. Marc and i had an exciting time sunday. There was construction so we had to walk a block to catch the right tram, no worries. but on the way back we cut it really close and missed the tram we were going to take and sprinted from the tram into the train station and made it on to the train with less than 5 minutes to spare. back in mount gambier for the week. ACL was fun and i got a lot of great practice in and improved a lot. can't wait till next major. Grats to everyone who came and for those of you who missed out, you missed out.

SethT

Smash Ace
(y) good ****, SA Melee ftw. Next major, gotta work on getting everyone outta brawl pools :D! gratz to Apollo, sucks that you didn't hit top eight, but yeah, always next time.

Missed out pretty badly. Defs disappointed.

EDIT: Just make a name for him Jamage, make life easier for him (y)

DoMo.

Smash Apprentice
i thought he's had gears ever since i've met him? >.> lol

gears i thought you said you are taking up ZSS, ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh MAKE UP YOUR MIND~!@

see you at valhalla :)

Splice

Smash Hero
Hey Grim I hate to add even more salt to the wounds of the fact you got TO super-gayed...

But the whole point of the "play a full set not two games" pools rules
Were so that if there was a tiebreaker it would be whoever won the set that was played that went through
There wouldnt be a tiebreaker

Leisha only placed even with you because they had already done "two games only" rules but needed to re-do match with Tedeth as a set. That is actually all well and good, except it means if she had a tiebreaker with someone, it'd be whoever won original set that went through.

Her tie breaker was with you and you won actual set.

So due to a lack of thinking at the time she went in the bracket
When actually you made it into the bracket not her
and when they re-did that match and Ted dropped a game
You were still supposed to make it into the bracket not her

You legitimately made it out of pools.

I know this because I was supposed to play a melee tie-breaker, but I was told by Redact there wasnt a tiebreaker,
since I beat Dekar in our set, there was no need for one, and the winner could be decided from that.

I don't think you'd have beat Jei though. Congratulations on 13th!

Are you gonna come back to the major later in the year? Originally I thought you only came to this one because you would still be able to make it to BAM2K11. Please dont give up Brawl singles! Remember when you travel for an interstate tourney, major or not, its not just for the results but for the experience. I hope your matches in pools as well as the friendlies with myself and afropony encourage and inspire you somewhat, as well as made you better as a player perhaps? It'd have been nice to play a tournament set with ZXV though I guess.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
That's interesting to hear :p

I won't be coming to BAM2K11.

I was originally going to go to TPoO, but the floods and W150 changing his mind (I was going to go with him, split costs, etc...) made me change my mind. So I set my sights on BAM, and then found out about this and figured that this would be cheaper.

If I get good enough at Brawl singles, I won't mind it anymore. I just need to get to a point where I don't get destroyed by things like Snake's tilts, shield grabs, Meta Knight's nair, etc... Which is extra hard as Jigglypuff. Until then, I just can't enjoy it. We'll see, I guess. :)

wh1te5had0w

Smash Journeyman
Oh yes, i'm never going to use Olimar again haha. I was getting gimped at 60% EVERY stock D:

So, i'm just going to use Meta Knight or maybe Falco.

The skill level between Street Geek locals and interstate tourneys is huge! Tibs, Earl, Attila and Tedeth are so damn good. I can't wait to verse them again :)

and Splice, I didn't get enough games with you :( maybe next time.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Don't pick up just Metaknight, Josh. At least Falco would add some variety. Since noone main mains him.

Splice

Smash Hero
W150
Definitely give Diddy a try.

It's a little road before you get good.

But he certainly suits your playstyle. I hope you enjoy him too.
Falco and MK won't help you I don't think.

And yes we didn't get enough matches, and being the start of the tournament I was still playing super aggressive, trying to get my "cautious-spacing -> relatively-safe-aggressive-combo" game happening, so they weren't very good matches sorry, the 3-4 that we did play. :C

ALSO
Novacaine is probably still riding a low from the Major.
It's pretty easy to get depressed after a major.
Unless you win everything.
****ing Attila.
>=|

Top Bottom