• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Why Dthrow
If you're not going to get anything out of it if they DI, Uthrow puts them in a worse spot (i.e. above you to be Uaired)

I assume that's why s2j says Uthrow anyway

D

Deleted member

thing about up-throw

is if you do it real quick most won't DI well

and you can up-air a lot or at worst trade

down-throw has ZERO CHANCE OF WORKING\

actually

d-throw is good if you can get them on a platform where u can read their tech

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
thing about up-throw

is if you do it real quick most won't DI well

and you can up-air a lot or at worst trade

down-throw has ZERO CHANCE OF WORKING\

actually

d-throw is good if you can get them on a platform where u can read their tech
I used to see SS D-Throw Knee Samus(Hugs) all the time though. But those matches are a bit old, like early 2010. Does that not work anymore?

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman

Divinokage

Smash Legend
The movement from EU players to US players is completely different lol.

Edit: Going around in circles around Falcon as Fox seems to be a very strong strategy in general, it's hard to read. And Hax plays a lot like me I find except he is Falcon. =P A lot of his decisions, I would do the same most of the time.

Wow that FD match was ****... lol.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Jeapie has a lot of funny kills, stomp to UP B star KO lol. Or shield a dash attack facing backwards, UP B oos kill.. so good. haha. It's like shield grab but with up B.

0Room

Smash Lord
Speaking of Falcon/Samus, I had to play IHSB at Pound and I was talking to him about it.
This is what he said:

"When you get a grab on Samus, you get something that most Falcon players aren't used to: the fact that Samus can't stay in shield in that situation. You can't really combo off of it, but it's more of a mental tool."

Just putting that out there.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
you can dthrow nair samus at low % if she DI's away

and if they DI in at higher %, you can knee if youre fast enough

anything in between and i just uthrow and hope for uairs

D

Deleted member

I used to see SS D-Throw Knee Samus(Hugs) all the time though. But those matches are a bit old, like early 2010. Does that not work anymore?
it's not supposed to work

but it will on people who don't react fast enough / suck

in defense of hugs he probably didn't react in time but 99% of the time he does and he is un kneeable

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I think you can do some sort of dumb RPS type deal with characters throw -> knee isn't supposed to work on

Overshoot knee to catch the double jump > double jump > baiting the attack then doing something > Nairing out > standard knee / overshoot > do nothing > overshoot knee

I guess that's just something you do as you pick up on their reactions to your throw

Presumably this works on Samus although my experience with this comes from playing against Luigi all the time <_< Luigi doesn't have a huge Nair hitbox though ... just a 3 frame startup

D

Deleted member

yeah that works on a good number of chars

but samus has the tools to not even need to double jump

f-air, up-air usually stops anything

d-throw close to the edge means you aren't gunna hit him and hes just gunna grab edge

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Frowntown

Guess I'll try to pay more attention after throws next time I face a Samus ... whenever that'll be >____>

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Jeapie has a lot of funny kills, stomp to UP B star KO lol. Or shield a dash attack facing backwards, UP B oos kill.. so good. haha. It's like shield grab but with up B.
actually ,up b with ganon is even better and faster. has more range too
I learnt ( stealed ) the up b oos from a ganon player named ace.
You should look him up

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Ace beat me in singles ... sigh ...
I returned the favor by 3 stocking him in crew battles though >:D

Unless we're talking about a different Ace who also plays Ganon, I hear there are more than 1 ... <_<

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
hi

if you guys wanna beat hax in falcon dittos

double jump wave land back to bait him

he sucks against that

****** hax's fox then falcon*

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I've tried to go to every national scale tournament within 4 hours so I might show up at Zenith

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Empty shorthop followed by an action (often a grab, but anything can follow)
I like tomahawk Nair better because I'm always jumping around anyways xD it works a lot of the time because I'm always Nairing so when I don't Nair they think it's safe but then I just Nair them anyways

Top Bottom