• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Pretty sure Tomahawk is an empty hop followed by a grounded move isn't it? I mean if you go back into the air, it's not really a tomahawk anymore.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Eh, who cares haha it doesn't even make sense as a name anyways so I'll use it how I want ^_^

Divinokage

Smash Legend
are you guys seriously trying to attach a proper definition to one of the more ******** things DJ has ever said? Tomahawk is a stupid, nonsensical name for something that already had a name.
Lol who cares, if you prefer to say empty hop or tomahawk.. it's the same ****. It just adds a bit of flavor to it. But I still think it's stupid to use names when it's not applicable.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Tomahawk is any time you jump without doing an aerial before landing while trying to convince your opponent that you WILL do an aerial. That is the definition. Take it or leave it.

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to make it known that I, Citizen Snips, have the best Falcon out there.

It is so good that I have never been heard of. I can jv5 level 9s.

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
Wow, next you're gonna tell me that reading players is abusive, too. Just because I'm good at reading level 9s doesn't mean you have to call it abuse

:D

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You can't read a CPU; they don't do different things in the same situations.

0Room

Smash Lord
I love talking to people who think they're good at the game [legitimately think they're good]
Because this is usually how the conversation goes:

"Have you played smash?"
"Yeah! I'm so good at that game!"
"Oh yeah? What character do you play?"
"Bowser!"

:facepalm:
Now you know there are exceptions, but as a general rule, this is...
no.

just to please Chivalruse
S2J's roll-reading with Dsmash
too good

Do you guys even use Dsmash?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Falcon's dsmash is underrated... uthrow Fox near the ledge and charge dsmash, if they miss the tech they get hit, if they tech in place they get hit, if they tech backwards they get hit, if they tech forwards you'll whiff the dsmash but still have time to follow up, if they jump you can be sneaky and crouch cancel hoping for a weak/misspaced aerial so you can grab them yet again

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
Every Falcon colour has different and precise uses. After studying Falcon colours for a couple years now I have successfully decoded what colour's use is. I figured it would only be generous of me to share them with you falcon mains. I didn't want to make a new thread in fear of it being locked (Non-believers >:[! )

Green Falcon - The Tech Chase Falcon
green falcon is the falcon you select if you wish to tech chase the **** out of your opponent. good choice when fighting spacies.

Captain Fabulous - The Aerial Combo Falcon
cpt. fabulous is the master of aerial combos. A wise choice against marth and ganon.

Blood Falcon - The Crazy Aggro Mindgame Falcon
the falcon you select when you wish to **** with your opponents mind.

Black Falcon - The Darkrain Combo Falcon/Intimidating Falcon
The one and only falcon you should select if you plan on doing a lot of darkrain comboes. also the most intimidating falcon (blood falcon is next, and then techchase falcon)

Light Blue Falcon - The Sheik Pulverizing Falcon
the falcon you select when you want to pulverize a sheik.

Default Falcon - The Clutched Finish Falcon/2013 Falcon
the falcon you select when you want close games or if you want to develop metagame. default falcon is also commonly selected when someone forgets to switch their colour to green or black.

use each falcon wisely and always remember their advantages.

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
I'm preferential to Captain Blacktan myself, but Big Gay Falcon is always a good follow up if you really want to uair the hell out of them.

D

Deleted member

i hate dj nintendo so i'll never use any of his ****** terms

empty hop --> grab is pretty good

if their reflexes are fast they will most likely roll after an empty hop, so just wait for the roll then grab

ryankam10

Smash Journeyman
i love short hopping into a super late nair (just the first hit), then jabbing or gentlemanning ideally. best ever lool

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I also sometimes use first hit Nair ... and follow then it with another one xD
It actually combos on Marth if he doesn't crouch cancel, not that it's a terribly practical combo setup <_<

Top Bottom