• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

S

smash brawl player 99021

Doubt those are actual pics, stuff like this has speculation to the max. Though it is cool looking, just not what I expect when it's supposed to be "more powerful than the Xbox and PS3"

LLDL

Smash Hero
That controller looks ugly and uncomfortable, so does the console. Good thing those are fakes.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
That console... really looks ugly. When I think next gen, I think at something slim, sleek, pretty, not some fat, rectangular box that looks like it's really bland (I mean the Wii did it, but at least it has the pretty disc inserting lights and I guess it's pretty sleek and slim). That thing looks like some sort of Pippin/Xbox hybrid imo

rockem7

Smash Ace
The way that the screens have been portrayed, it kind of makes me wonder why you would even need a television. I hope that the screens don't have too much on them, other wise to me it's just another handheld.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I don't like the idea of the built in screen thing so far. But I will end up getting the console no matter...especially if they release Skyward Sword for it, even if they release it for the Wii, I'm never buying one of those again lol.

finalark

SNORLAX
I wonder how long it will be until people start looking back on the Wii claiming it to be underrated and awesome like they did with the Game Cube after the Wii came out.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely interested in Project Cafe. The newest blog post from Nintendrone says Super Smash Bros. 4 will debut in 2011 so perhaps in E3?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
^ They will probably show it by E3, but the console itself doesn't come out until 2012, so by no means is the game gonna be out earlier.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
Oh I know that. It's highly unrealistic for a game to be out before than the console it was developed for lol. What I meant by "debut" in this context is to show or announce the new Smash game to the public (gets a lot of hype for project cafe and the game) but by no means they will be releasing it soon. I hope they do a dojo site like they did for Brawl.

Anyways, all of this is IF what Nintendrone is saying is true. I sincerely hope Nintendo has SSB4 in the works

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm mostly just excited to see what all goes down at E3. It could be like the 3DS where a surprising amount of information was true or it could be like Skyward Sword where every single rumor surrounding the game was shot down the second the trailer started rolling.

Next month needs to be here now.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Wii 2 rumors: Only 8GB of storage, 25GB discs, and 1080p isn't a definite

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/03/wii-2-rumors-only-8gb-of-storage-25gb-discs-and-1080p-isnt-a/

For instance, in lieu of a capacious hard drive, Nintendo will buck industry trends and offer a humble 8GB of flash-based memory augmented by SD card support.

Speaking of retail games: Also rumored is the disc format for Project Café. It's said to hold 25GB of data which is roughly three times the size of a dual-layer DVD and over five times the size of the single-layer DVD that most Wii titles use. Also 25GB? A single-layer Blu-ray disc, though it's not clear if Project Café will use that standard or, even if it did, if it would enable movie playback.

finalark

SNORLAX
More news, apparently Nintendo's E3 line up will consist of western developed games for Cafe. Iwata basically admits that if they want to hit the same crowd as the PS360 then they will need to (gasp) rely on third parties to give them a hand, especially western developers given that their games are outselling Japanese ones but quite a bit. He also admits that Nintendo sucks balls at online play and they're getting a third-party to help them out with that.

Source: http://www.gamesradar.com/wii/wii/n...a-20110503101649700095/g-20060308165433320026

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
Blu Ray discs huh? I just hope Nintendo doesn't go crazy trying to fill every nook and cranny on that disc with a lot of stuff that becomes a gimmick after a while (looking at Brawl). Oh, and I'm talking about SSB4

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Maybe we'll get a next-gen first person Mario game on the new console?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBb9wFP7uZM

I suspect that since Mario Kart Wii is going to become the new Wii pack-in game once the system drops to $150 that Nintendo plans to much more heavily pursue on-line gaming with their next console. I say this because Mario Kart Wii is the best on-line enabled game on the Wii and increasing its already massive userbase (26 million units sold and counting) will help pave the way for the new consoles on-line capabilities.

D

Deleted member

F8AL said:
For instance, in lieu of a capacious hard drive, Nintendo will buck industry trends and offer a humble 8GB of flash-based memory augmented by SD card support.

Speaking of retail games: Also rumored is the disc format for Project Café. It's said to hold 25GB of data which is roughly three times the size of a dual-layer DVD and over five times the size of the single-layer DVD that most Wii titles use. Also 25GB? A single-layer Blu-ray disc, though it's not clear if Project Café will use that standard or, even if it did, if it would enable movie playback.
The bolded better not be true. There is no way that this is going to attract people to it and would push out a lot of potential increase in third-party support. It would also severely limit the online potential for Nintendo's next console and the downloadable service. Not to mention that it would make me reconsider getting it.

UberMario

Smash Master

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Am I the only one who thinks 25GB was suppose to be 250GB.

I mean 25GB just feels odd. I mean even 30GB or 20GB makes more sense, imo.

D

Deleted member

I really hope we get bigger than an 8GB hard drive. The Wii failed in the system memory aspect too. Over half my Virtual Console games have to be stored on my SD card because the Wii has less than a GB of memory. If I wanted to play Ocarina of Time of Majora's Mask I had to delete half my games to get them on my Wii. I know this isn't official yet, but if it's true, Nintendo is making a mistake.

mystery_dungeon

Smash Journeyman
Sidemoon Sidemoon. Welc welc ome welc omeome.
Dragon Quest collection coming to Wii.

- Wii collection includes 5 games
- games included are: Dragon Quest (Famicom), Dragon Quest 2 (Famicom), Dragon Quest 3 (Famicom), Dragon Quest 1&2 (Super Famicom) and Dragon Quest 3 (Super Famicom)
- original versions running on Wii
- played with Wiimote, Classic Controller/Pro and the Game Cube conroller
- September release
- being released as a commemorative 25th anniversary title for the Dragon Quest series
- 57 million Dragon Quest franchise units sold as of December 2010
- special anniversary site coming
- more anniversary celebrations as well
- Wii collection will include bonus items

Bazooka Joe

Smash Apprentice
For once, I would like them to release the console with a different flagship character to start out besides Mario or Link and have a solid third party line-up by release. I kind of want to see a gamecube style controller, but have the front buttons snes format. Another thing, no LAN ADAPTER! Do a basic Ethernet port. I am looking forward to this console overall, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
I just wana see how they will improve brawl textures like

Melee mario to brawl Maro was really good and wana see how thery would top that.

I just wanna see how they improved on seeing everyone on HD

Top Bottom