• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pulp Fiction Mafia - Game over! - Mafia wins!

Choice

Smash Champion
Do you think the wagon was legitimate and everyone on it had sound townie reasoning for being on it? (Wagon = Gheb_01, Ryker, vVv Choice, WashedLaundry, Soupamario, Gordito)
i thought gheb had information on Axel as he had hinted at with his vision garbage.
i thought ryker created the wagon to get the day started/get reactions just as he did in dexter mafia.
that is why i was on the wagon.
i figured same thing was true of WL and soupamario.
Gordito i was not sure. i definitely do NOT think that he had a sound townie reason for being on it, but he says that he did so for fun. do you believe that claim? i did, but i've never played a game with him so maybe i shouldnt.

Is this question actually going to help you play the game/help you read us or help town in any way? Simple Yes or No.
yes.
a lot of the people i've played with online have said that this was their first time playing mafia AT ALL.

If you felt uncomfortable in that seat why would you ever stay there? Surely the fact you're uncomfortable is enough to remove it? In #162 you still haven't removed it despite saying that you don't want the day to end yet
i was uncomfortable but i didnt see any reason to remove it. Axel had given me no reason to, but as time went by and the wagon wasn't getting anywhere so i got off it.

Can you distinguish between J posting on Axel and Zen posting on Axel? If not then what about the 2 one-liner's that J has posted are scummy?
I think i can, just because when i was scum with J last game i talked with him a lot on AIM as well as in the quicktopic. We two probably made up 80% of the posts in the quicktopic.

These three posts come all in a row, mad scummy and basically asking for a reason to jump on another wagon.
the 3rd post was supposed to be part of the 1st post but i forgot to include it. thus the ebwop. otherwise i would have not said that and just made a normal post. i got ninja'd though.

Choice

Smash Champion
@gheb, who are your top 3 scum picks right now?
who do you have the best town reads on?
why did you say all that vision stuff?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Afro said:
Explain why you asked and why you chose those 4. Actually just explain why you put WL in there please
RVS shenanigans, plus it's an inside joke. Honestly it's nothing to throw a tizzy over.

Choice

Smash Champion
The Soupy-Kaspar confuses facts!
For the one in question has been town
in the mentioned game until the very act
where the evil decided to take him down!

And recruited him onto their wicked side!
But before that to the town he was allied!

:059:
gheb in this post are you seriously trying to say that i started off as to town in the last game? i thought you were saying you're town til proven guilty or something, like what someone else had iterated earlier (circus i think).

Choice

Smash Champion
ebwop: and that is why i did not reply to it. in case anyone i thinking i am suspicious for that.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Vote Count

AfroGandhi ()
Axel (3) - Ryker, WashedLaundry, Evil Eye
Ranmaru (1) - Gordito
Soupamario ()
Ryker ()
Evil Eye ()
Gheb_01 ()
Circus ()
Shinarouji (1) - MOD
Gordito () -
vVv Choice (5) - Circus, Axel, Soupamario, Ranmaru, Shinarouji
Red Ryu ()
WashedLaundry ()

Not voting: Red Ryu, vVv Choice, Gheb_01, AfroGandhi

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

Axel

J|Zεη
god i dont have to read much to see the scum in choice, but i see town in him, i have some questions for you, choice.

who is the scummiest player as of now? why?
how do you feel about the inactives?
whats your read on axel? does gheb influence this read?
whos the towniest player here?

etc.
choice null
wl null lean scum
gord scum
choice town, as much as it hurts me to say.
What changed from those first two quotes to the third quote? Choice had not even answered your questions.
We weren't done with RVS lmao. We still had votes on Axel, a wagon that was totally 100% fueled by RVS. RVS is basically a point of the game where ice needs to be broken. And the ice being broken occurred once the hilarious Axel wagon diffused and actual scum hunting commenced.
You're so naive child. Ryker and Washed Laundry were very serious about lynching me. This is shown by the "End him now!' and "hammah!"

Though they claim not to be, Gheb and Choice were serious too, otherwise they would have unvoted when things got risky. Why we are talking about it, let's dig into this. Choice claims he was voting me just to get things started, but after "things got started" he continued to keep his vote on me for not defending myself. Now if he only voted me to get things started, what would he be looking for me to defend myself over? Mysterious I'd say. Now Gheb. I had been at L-1 for a while, yet he kept his vote on me and later claimed that if anyone were to hammer me, they would be scum. Now notice how choice was just at L-1 and Gheb unvoted right away. Hmm.

Kind of interested to see what an Axel flip might reveal though, now that we've seen some lines being drawn. He's not my first choice at the moment, but I do think he's probably a good fallback plan.
What would our flip reveal to you? What would a town flip reveal to you? And there is no such thing as a good fall back plan. We lynch scum and only scum.
Shin and Ryu makin' me crazy with the not contributing while posting, but I'm particularly wary of Washed for some reason.
By Ryu do you mean Ryker? If yes, what is different about WL from Ryker? If not, why did you fail to mention Ryker? And still what is different about WL from Ryker?
Gheb so town, I love it.
What makes him town to you? Quotes and everything if you will.
didn't see his last fail to vote choice, gord pointed it out to me, no harm done.
What he is saying is why did you not call out others for blindy following a wagon? He saying that you called him out specifially because you guys are scum buddies.
The first paragraph was in rvs pretty much, but i was basically going off of what happened last game. There was a wagon created at the start for reactions/to get the day started and i like how that went so i figured thats where ryker was going again (he was the head of it all last time) but i guess as most things, it didnt play out just the same as it did the first time. pretty much, my intention was just to get the day's scumhunting started. in my eyes, the wagon's intention wasnt to lynch Axel without question, just to get someone as the center of attention. ryker's play revolving around the wagon was different too, but right now he hasnt posted anything so i wouldn't exactly label him as scummy.
Please do read that bit I posted above under the Gordito quote and think of it as a response to this.

You not thinking Ryker is scummy for trying to quicklynch me is noted.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You make good points about Gheb and Choice. Why do you think Gheb let you out to dry (Meaning left you on l-1) but didn't want Choice 'quick lynched'?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
@axel 160, then my case, which baffles me the J side of the hydra doesnt have anything to say, you were scum with the guy, help me out.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
But Soup you are convinced Choice is scum now, right? (Since you are voting him)

Now, can you tell me how your iso of Choice can be WRONG now? (Since you now think he is scum)

#HBC | ѕoup

the wagon on you had more beef, and i was trying to interpet and communicate with gheb about it, but johns.

shin just came out of nowhere, he didnt even bother on the semantics.

@ran

i mis-interpreted gheb and am thinking it over, as you can tell.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ah, what did you mis-interpret? And what ARE you thinking over?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh ok. How does his #201 relate to your voting of Choice?

#HBC | ѕoup

ranmaru...:facepalm: if you read the thread that answer is obvious.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Soup please don't do that. Things like that cost us a game. (I have done it before but I try not to, try to restrain yourself)

I have read. You didn't vote Choice after Gheb's #201. Instead, you voted after Gheb's #209.

#HBC | ѕoup

there's content in the middle, i talk with gheb for a minute after mis-interpretation, and then i put my vote there.

ran, you need to stop relying on others so much, your questions arent very insightful and perhaps obvious.

Axel

J|Zεη
@axel 160, then my case, which baffles me the J side of the hydra doesnt have anything to say, you were scum with the guy, help me out.
You didn't have your case until later on. What about 160 changed your null-scum read to a town read?

Will get to you later on the meta.

Axel

J|Zεη
By the way Soup, you seem to be playing differently than you usually do. Is this intentional? If so, how come?

Also Soup why did you keep me at L-1 if you didn't think I was scum?

#HBC | ѕoup

well my case was basically my building block on the town read, thats what basically i was thinking at the time, circus asked for a more in-depth read, then boom, there you have it.

ill do the same to you when im on a comp again, tired

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The Soupy-Kaspar confuses facts!
For the one in question has been town
in the mentioned game until the very act
where the evil decided to take him down!

And recruited him onto their wicked side!
But before that to the town he was allied!

Here is Gheb's #201. If you read, you'd see the only thing to mis-interpret is that Choice was town d1 and THEN recruited in Dexter mafia. This would mean that it would make Soup's ISO of Choice null because he can't really tell if Choice was being calm as mafia later on but may have been aggresive earlier on. In fact we don't know WHEN the quotes are from.

and also, your #195 i agree with, i lean towards gord too right now, and a flip on either would help me feel mucho better about the other.

Vote: Gordito
After Gheb's #201, Soup agrees with me and doesn't "Misunderstand" Gheb at all at this point, and votes GORD.

Gheb cannot you see?
do you not understand?
choice is but a noob, he is not a man!

tell me what you think, you were there too
something in the clouds, or maybe in the royalblue.
Soup is still arguing that Choice is a noob and that is why Gheb's #201 might not matter.

ran, choice's play was obv town, noone had him pegged as scum, if something is broken, don't fix it.
Even after the "mis-intrepretation", Soup still thinks Choice's play was obv town.

The vulture from Philly makes no sense in my eyes
Against Choice he argues - for Gordito he votes?
Only his logic against the former truly applies!
Listen to what I say and take notes:

For it's Choice's play - and only his - that shows bad intention!
Is Gordo truly the evil one or are you just not paying attention?

Gheb saying I don't make sense, and that Choice was the only person who was being scummy.

and oh, just read your blurb ._.

then idk what to think, it's either choice or gord at the moment.
HERE, is when Soup starts to border between Gord and his obv town read.

I see the evil, ghebora
i see it clear, but it is nothing i fear
gordito honestly seems true
and appealing to the eye
but either choice
or gordito will die

perhaps i am ignorant, and that i should read
and perhaps i should not bite the hands that feeds.
Soup is starting to decide that it is clearly between Gord and Choice. He says he "sees the evil". Does he state where?

You call him "noob" but I don't see how
For his natural talent is not up for debate!
He's new but he manages to deal somehow
And is aware of his duties and his fate!

It's Gordito who is the joker and tends to not be serious
But it's Choice who makes me wary and curious

Vote: Choice

Gheb discard's Soup's read on Choice because he says his skill doesn't matter.

i feel so ashamed, to mess up my facts
but at least i understand now, perhaps there can be justice at last!
Soup backs off immediately without hesitation. He says he now understands, but doesn't explain how.

unvote vote: vVv Choice

Ghebora, when did choice give in to the evil, can you show it to me clear?
i will need to look at it, and face my fears.
This is right after Gheb's #209. Soup votes Choice asking for Gheb about "Where he sees the evil" even though Soup himself has said "I see the evil".

Basically, even if he did mis-intrepret Gheb's #201, misunderstanding that would NOT GIVE A SCUM READ ON CHOICE. Instead, it'd just make his ISO null on choice. Soup voted because Gheb said that Choice's skill level didn't matter, and Soup took it as fact and then voted.

Soup NEVER explained HOW he came to "See the evil" and how he already knew that his facts were wrong.

As you can see, I have asked Soup how #201 related to him voting Choice, and instead of explaining, he said "Go re-read" when I think it is him who isn't reading closely enough.

Unvote
Vote: Soup

#HBC | ѕoup

it is, axel, im ready to take this game serious, are you impressed by it or weary? if so i understand.

ranmaru...:facepalm:

#HBC | ѕoup

ill put it in laymens terms

i made a case on choice to solidify and back-up my read, it was based on meta, and i exclaimed how everyone had choice as town in dexter as scum;vice versa.

i mis interpet what gheb says in 201, thinking choice was recruited.

choice says he was scum the whole time, not recruited.

i go ‘oops‘ and am now thinking ny read over.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ah ha... I know that. So are you saying one of them is lying?

If you mis-understood Gheb's #201, it would make your ISO on Choice Null instead of townie. It wouldn't make it SCUM SOMEHOW.

Where did you "see" the evil to VOTE Choice?

#HBC | ѕoup

..........ad hominem, must resist..

i just said it, look above, gheb broke my case with 201, thus i saw the evil.

do you know what mis-interpretation is?

Axel

J|Zεη
it is, axel, im ready to take this game serious, are you impressed by it or weary? if so i understand.

ranmaru...:facepalm:
Both actually.

If you end up being town, I'll definitely be impressed. If you're scum and simply trying to play in a more survivable manner then **** you.

If you mis-understood Gheb's #201, it would make your ISO on Choice Null instead of townie. It wouldn't make it SCUM SOMEHOW.

Where did you "see" the evil to VOTE Choice?
Legit point right here Soup
Seeing that you claim that Choices #160 also gave you your town read on him, I see no reason why you reverted to him being scum after your Dexter meta became invalid.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
unvote vote: vVv Choice

Ghebora, when did choice give in to the evil, can you show it to me clear?
i will need to look at it, and face my fears.
Soup, why did you ask that? I thought you said you "Saw the evil".

#HBC | ѕoup

160 leads up to why i make my case, i was putting pieces together too in my head.

and my read is null, but im still thinking about it if my case still holds, and what J thinks, then ill decide if i unvote or leave it there.

@ran
i was asking gheb about when choice was recruited.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I thought you read the Dexter game enough to find out about those quotes, yet you ask Gheb about it? From what DAY phase were those quotes?

Ok. You say you have Choice as null, but why are you voting him? What has your vote gained for your read on Choice?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Okay, hi there hello, how's it going hello hola aloha. Etcetera.

So yeah this game started at the worst possible time for me. TL;DR, I just wanted to play this game, then had the choice of replacing into another game run by a friend or letting it be tainted by a modkill. Choice was obvious. Then I saw that Hard Lemonade was put in a game and I didn't even know that was gonna happen. Kind of ODing on mafia here, and the game I replaced into was in pieces with inactives and a looming deadline.

Ongoing games don exits from this point forward. Now allow me one more paragraph of johns!

I work at a bar, so I sleep in every day and work nights (most notably every day of most weekends). Friday night I got home at the usual late-as-**** time, made my entry post. My intention was to have the very next post and it would be a mountain of EE, but I kept procrastinating because I wanted to unwind from work. I couldn't sleep, so I told myself I'd just get it up no matter what and then go to bed, but the later it got the harder it was to focus, which is kind of the secret ingredient to my playstyle. Eventually I was a zombie, so I crashed, but could only manage like two hours of sleep. I just worked the bar on that amount of sleep understaffed and it was a ****in' zoo in there.

So yeah. Post just ain't happenin' right now. I'm going to drink this beer, collapse into my bed, and go comatose for a while. However! No more dead cops johns. I have my serious face marinating in a soothing gel next to my bed, and I'll be slapping it right on when I emerge from my turbosleep. PREPARE YOURSELVES

In the meantime, I've skimmed the thread a little bit, so take solace in that I won't be johnsing about needing to find time for a reread to look at the present goings-on or whatever **** it is I normally do when I'm catching up on a deficit.

g'night boys!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
****ing orange.

Ignore that. It's some dumb joke an administrator is playing on people in the BRoom and they ****ed around with my userCP and I have no idea how to fix it or who did it

Axel

J|Zεη
160 leads up to why i make my case, i was putting pieces together too in my head.

and my read is null, but im still thinking about it if my case still holds, and what J thinks, then ill decide if i unvote or leave it there.

@ran
i was asking gheb about when choice was recruited.
Makes sense.

Why did you keep me at L-1 if you didn't think I was scum?

Top Bottom