• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pulp Fiction Mafia - Game over! - Mafia wins!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
i see!

gheb, what do you think of the ryu man?
does he hold his ground, or can he not stand?

i've been thinking him over, i honestly don't believe he is evil
but portrays it as one
his reads are devious
and he looks somewhat mischeivous

the gahndi one i am leaning town, oh yes i believe it true
and so is the choice one, yes, and his royalblue.

ryker seems quite adapt, i do not suspect him for nothing
but this can change, because nothing can turn to something.

WL i am curious of, his words speak plight but i have yet to see all of his might.

Ranmaru is but a fool, but he is of no harm!
asking silly questions is no alarm.

Axel i pity, for i have not seen them in a long time
perhaps they will come back and spare me a dime.

#HBC | ѕoup

Shin makes me laugh, but a laugh that seems hollow
every sentence he makes, a witty sarcasm follows.

Circus i am quite contempt with, and i know i am not seeing blind
he is good at speaking, and a intelligent mind.

gheb, great poet of old
i am thinking about gordo for now, for ee i am not completely sold
alas, i will to need to read
don't feel the need to spoonfeed.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The Evil Eye? ToDay he's made a case
But look! On whom he did I shall ask?
On a player that all day we gave chase!
The cruelest intentions such things do unmask

For what does it help to add heat to the one we've already charred?
Perhaps to look like we do - to play they "I'm one of you"-card!

:059:
I agree with Soup. I don't think I can be convinced to an EE lynch until I have more. I'll start with this:

@EE: Do you believe you'll get J lynched over RR? Also give me your scum picks behind J.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Unvote Vote J

J baby, how's it hangin? Ready to lynch Ruy? Am I still scum? How's that Circus guy lookin?

Unvote Vote Ruy
RR? Meh, I'd rather go Gord or Gheb from what I have super fast read. Circus I love as usual and I really hope he forgives me for the backstabbing I did to him pri badly in Mafia Royal Sleepover.

I know J is a very intelligent player so i sorta expect more from his cases. Theres been 300 posts since his last vote, and even with that vote there was some disagreement between the two hydra heads. I hope to see some better play coming soon and more stances since there shouldnt be any disagreements going on internally (-1 head).

@J: who do you think is the play of the day? who do you have the weakest read on? ask them some questions and then update your read.
I never presented a case. ^^" Thanks for the compliment buuuut I haven't done pretty much anything this game. Who do I think is the play and who I want as the play are two very different things. The play will most likely be either myself or RR. Who I want are Gord and Gheb. Weakest read on would probably be Shin because I just think she is amusing to watch post. Uhm, If I see anything pressing to her I'll ask her but till then, I'm good.

Kay now it is time to get to a wall. Btw, EE, massive buddying coming your way.

P51. I think it's J playing during this stretch, and based on that replacement, it's probably been all J all the time. You know what doesn't feel all J all the time to me, though? J getting turbowagoned to L-2 and being all chill about it. Yes, it's D1, and everything he said in this post itself is probably valid.
J has only played like when the game first opened, the rest of the game the only person that posted on the Hydra was Zen and Zen had been doing everything. Also EE you haven't been here in a while. I am usually lax about votes being put into hammer range simply because people like lynching me JUST because they think walls are scummy aaand because lynching me is apparantly fun.

EE said:
If he really thought Gheb was trying to kill him, especially in a preordained manner unrelated to either's alignment, he should be worrying. It would be justified. This would be weird to me for any player, but J? J, the AtE guru? What the ****?
People told me to stop playing the AtE game but now people want me to play the AtE game more? I just can never win with anyone. I don't even try to AtE and bleck. Anyways, Gheb has tried to push a QL on me before. Zen was the one who was angry about it.

P52. That would have bothered me too... except he was responding to a pointed question about that very subject. A question asked by Laundry. Declining to answer in a non-scummy manner would have been just as obvious as outright saying it.

Vibe: Stupid question, don't really like it.

EE said:
P71. There's the AtE I was waiting for -- where the hell was it when he thought Gheb was trying to kill him for no reason? Surely the fact that Gheb was doing other stuff and Ryker wasn't yet doesn't diminish that fact!

Vibe: "what is this I don't even". He's at L-1 so the AtE should increase for either alignment of J, but it just skyrockets instead when he's put in proper peril.
That was Zenny-zen.

EE said:
More AtE, but then suddenly 180 degree turn?

Vibe: "what is this I don't even". Hard to conjecture the motivation in the attitude shift other than "if I act like I'm not in peril people will unvote me", perhaps.
This I'll take credit for finally but I didn't think that was alot of AtE if any at all. Also, I know the calm and collected routine doesn't get people off but instead, seems to fuel them.

EE said:
P81. Most reads are wonky -- way too ****in' early for reads on Nabe or Choice. Ryker read understandable -- he's championing a wagon to the exclusion of other stuff (right now at least), and I wouldn't expect J to cognitively appreciate the fact that Ryker always does gambity **** like this and that it is null. Add in the OMGUS factor and the vote is solid -- in a J kind of way, that is.

Gheb read is "what is this I don't even" for reasons already elaborated upon.

Vibe: See above. Also lmao @ "take my words as fact". And why the 180 turn yet again on living/dying?
Zen again but anyways. I actually do appreciate Ryker's gambits as he has pulled them before and we have worked together.

EE said:
Addendum: Seems the "other head" posted there. Guessing that's Zen since he's chillaxed about the wagon. Endorses the reads. Dunno how to feel about that.[/i]
J was relaxed, Zen was quite livid at first.

EE said:
P123. Gandhi has again told him to do some of his own scumhunting or start his own wagon. He also offers that Axel join him on a Choice wagon. What does J do? ...he... johns about not voting prior to consultation. Jesus Christ. Like I don't know what the deal is with the Celebrity Mafia johns, and I cbf to check them out right now, but that's about the most inefficient BS I've ever heard in my life. In m/lylo, sure. Absolutely. On day ****ing one, to start a wagon or put a second vote on one? Who gives a ****?

This just feels like a way to avoid doing things. Especially since he could still scumhunt and/or start a wagon without voting. They're called words. I hear J likes to use them. For better or for worse, I summarize J with the word "proactive". And I'm not seeing one ****in' iota of it here.

Vibe: Do not like
Meh, there is really nothing too too much to say because well Celebrity mafia we go so strewn with out votes and thoughts that we ended up losing the game for town when it was incredibly crucial. "Proactive"? Hmm never been called that but I like it.

EE said:
Addendum: Oh looks like that was Zen. My points still stand. In fact, all that really changes is that the sincere AtE I was expecting from J pages ago wasn't tardy at all, just nonexistent.
Yup you had it correct, nonexistent cuz I was nonexistent lol.

EE said:
Addendum: Alright, now I get it. Bold is J. Unbold is Zen. My points apply still apply, though.
I really don't know because I don't think I worked together on a post with Zen, well wait lemme fix that statement, I never did work with Zenny on a post.

EE said:
P155. To the first point, the point of it from a newbtown POV could be "this guy is voting me and I don't understand why maybe if he asks me some questions I could dissuade him." And J should know this. You don't blindly apply common things to every single relevant situation in mafia. Mafia is psychology, ffs, not math. J's certainly right about dat OMGUS though.

With the second paragraph, J gets at a scummy post for all the wrong reasons. People go for their backup lynches literally all the time, it doesn't mean they have no reasons for them.

This is astonishing. I've never seen two people argue and have them both look scummier as it goes on.

Vibe: See above.
Zen again. Why do you keep saying me? ;_; But then I do have to now take credit for all he did and all he said.

Anyways at the end of this I really really really like EE. However I think he is wrong on what could be considered meta of me to be able to read since he got it opposite almost every time. *shrug* What to do? Anyways, personally, EE can live forever as of now and I am gonna be like his little leech just following whatever he does because of how astounded I am by him at this time.

Gheb are you honestly still hung up about the fact that I write long posts?

I would have thought you'd get over that **** by now because I obviously get things done.
No he hasn't gotten over when people long post, now he just gets a following and lynches them for it. Trust me...I know your pain. T_T

***** be coastin', son
Not intentionally but yea, I'll give ya this.

Saw J post around, hope he has time to post a bit.
I really dislike when people do this.

Kay finally read and caught up I believe I really don't have that much pressing to ask until I get home later maybe buuuuut yea here's some reads I like atm.

Town
Evil Eye
WL
Soupa
Circus
Afro

Null
Ryker
Shin
Choice
Red Ryu
Ran

Scummy
Gord
Gheb

I'll extrapolate why but I'm just gonna say this reminds me alot of Discworld w.r.t. Gheb.

***Btw to all those who think you should like Gheb because of his posting restriction, go check Discworld out. He faked a posting restriction till he was bussed by his scum-mate for the win.***

I also don't care for his hypocrisy with disliking long posts with apparant fluff because that is pri much all he is doing. Yes, to give him some credit he does seem to have points in there buuuuut the majority of his posts are just fluffed up bleck.

With Gord? I really don't care for what he has been posting throughout this game and something's buggy me w.r.t. him that I want to look into more when I have the time.

Till then I am gonna leave my vote up in the air till I can decide on one of Gord/Gheb to persue.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
***Side Note***

@EE: I really wanna become like your protege at posting. This is regardless from the game but yea haha.

***End Note***

#HBC | ѕoup

***Btw to all those who think you should like Gheb because of his posting restriction, go check Discworld out. He faked a posting restriction till he was bussed by his scum-mate for the win.***
i don't like gheb because of his posting restriction, i like what he is putting out there, there's a difference.

okay, so J, you REALLY like EE, correct? what do you like about him besides his ability to post well? he did have a floundering case on you yet you're like..this. ._.

#HBC | ѕoup

EBWOP: don't even care if he does or doesn't have a posting restriction.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well Soupa I have to disagree with you on Gheb because I don't like him because of what he is putting out.

Another thing, I usually do dislike the person who tries to become the town leader which Gheb has been trying to do to push who he wants lynched lynched like EE for example.

Oh, I wanna make EE my townBro. His post was intelligent, had town driven intent, what he did call people out on was spot on even though it was my slot, he backs up what he has to say and clearly explains his train of thought instead of being dag on cryptic. I mean I don't see how it's possible for him to be scum atm from my PoV and I will refuse to even consider him as a lynch and will actually fight off those who want to lynch him. *I like defending those I think are town* Though EE is a big boy and can handle himself more then enough.

EE, who do you wanna vote? If it's me, I'll be sad but I'll get over it. =D

#HBC | ѕoup

What i like about gheb FMPOV is that he isn't just constantly following what is going on at hand, so i guess that's a disagreement we have, we have alot of nulls and lurkers, and yes, what EE says is very intelligent and even got down my thought process, so i wouldn't advocate a lynch against despite my liking of gheb as of now, scum or not, he provides good thought process and he is more help then hurt to town, while people like gordo have yet to really provide anything or worth keeping around.

super cool with this vote.

unvote vote: Gordito

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Also I just realized most of my post to EE's case is me talking in third person without meaning to do so. o_o"

Soupa, "**** livetopic" I was just about to ask you your opinion on Gord but then your last post appeared. Alright, tell me more about Shin/Ryker. I also find it strange I think you are town this game but I digress.

Gord, why do you think I have this looming suspscion that you are scum this game?

WL, I like you more than Ryker so far this game. Weird, I thought your broto would have me hypnotized by how towny he is but this game he seems to be lacking that with his what seems to be, lack of drive. Can you elaborate on your read of Ryker followed by if he is our townBro or someone more heinous to look out for.

Shin, hi! I feel disconnected to you so I would like to make a connection. Can you tell me what you think of Gordy followed by what you think of Gheb's most recent push on EE? Then out of WL/Ryker, who would you rather see die and why?

#HBC | ѕoup

However, there's a good point about the following judgement, i can see why you have gheb as scummy because of meta proportions and setting himself up as a leader in town, but wouldn't that contradict your town read on ee? you say gheb bussed on his scumbud and therefore won the game, but do you believe he was setting up for it?

personally i think bussing on a scumbud d1 is beyond ******** so i'm inclined to not believe it.

i don't like gord right now, i've seen gordo use "lol i was joking" as an excuse when he is scum, and him still keeping his vote on choice is just reaching for something that isn't there, we're past that and it just looks he's either dumb or scum.

shin i don't care about right now, i'll deal with him/her later.

#HBC | ѕoup

also it's because i'm improving and taking the game serious, gone is the old soup of WIFOM and stupidity. :3

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well Soupa I have to disagree with you on Gheb because I don't like him because of what he is putting out.

Another thing, I usually do dislike the person who tries to become the town leader which Gheb has been trying to do to push who he wants lynched lynched like EE for example.

Oh, I wanna make EE my townBro. His post was intelligent, had town driven intent, what he did call people out on was spot on even though it was my slot, he backs up what he has to say and clearly explains his train of thought instead of being dag on cryptic. I mean I don't see how it's possible for him to be scum atm from my PoV and I will refuse to even consider him as a lynch and will actually fight off those who want to lynch him. *I like defending those I think are town* Though EE is a big boy and can handle himself more then enough.

EE, who do you wanna vote? If it's me, I'll be sad but I'll get over it. =D
The bold seems like you are trying to mitigate EE's attack on you.

Why Gord over RR?

Btw I will comment if I see you or anyone else posting around. Deal with it.

@Soup: RR is just as useless, but scummier.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Just gonna respond to this now because **** it, what else am I doing?

The way you did it was different. You weren't just arguing with Ryu; you were defending Ryker. And Ryker's perfectly capable of defending himself. It actually wouldn't be that strange if you thought Ryker was obvtown, but you said you thought he was null-leaning-scum. I see no reason for you to answer questions posed to null-leaning-scum-Ryker for him, nor a reason for you to justify Ryker's reads or logic for him. Wouldn't you want to see the way he answers the questions to better build your read on him?

Wanna be clear—I don't think you and Ryker are scumbuddies. If anything, I think you might be scum wanting to buddy Ryker, but also wanting to leave yourself a way to lynch him later if you have to without looking bi-polar.
Fair enough.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Gheb, J, and WL. Why aren't you guys voting?
Can't find anyone that scum. Red Ruy just screams idiot to me and I'm not throwing my votes for policy lynches at this point in the game. I don't like not having my vote on someone but I guess Circus is right when he says we don't need to have it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'll get to it soon, I am not ignoring it.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
J said:
WL, I like you more than Ryker so far this game. Weird, I thought your broto would have me hypnotized by how towny he is but this game he seems to be lacking that with his what seems to be, lack of drive. Can you elaborate on your read of Ryker followed by if he is our townBro or someone more heinous to look out for.
Going to be rereading a majority of what J said but this caught my eye.

My read on him is mostly entirely meta-based, hence why I've refused to take it anywhere. I don't operate purely off meta reads and I refuse to build a case around one. It's too flimsy.

The meta is surrounding his usual aggressive town play and the lack of it here. In normal games, where he's town, his usual stance is to come in and try to take over the game as town, ask a ****ton of questions, put his vote out, pursue his case aggressively, cause a bunch of bull**** to get his reads, and then goes from there. I've seen none of that. He's asked a few questions, posted a few stances, put his vote out but has left it at that and has asked others to decide his vote for him (which, if this makes Gorf scum, it should also make Ryker scum). He's not really done a lot of anything but is trying to make it look like he's done a lot of something.

wait what the **** that's scummy regardless of meta.
vote: Ryker
HI BUDDY, LOOKS LIKE THE TABLES HAVE TURNED

(dat means heinous, j)

#HBC | ѕoup

Can't find anyone that scum. Red Ruy just screams idiot to me and I'm not throwing my votes for policy lynches at this point in the game. I don't like not having my vote on someone but I guess Circus is right when he says we don't need to have it.
This.

RR just looks like a dumb townie over a dumb scum, vote stays on gordo.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

I do when it looks like a quick lynch was very very possible and Ryker was perfectly content with this without a reason I find to be legitimate. Ryker could do this as town or scum, I have not seen him do this in a game ever. I consider quick lynches even more so when most people didn't fully explain why they voted nor a reason to be ********. I was scum in RE4, but I would have fully welcomed a quick Lynch if Chibo did one there since it would have ended the say and stopped discussion.

Say what you want about my reads, fair point. Soup has been role fishing J was not the only person he has tried to rolefish this game. He tried with Gheb as well.

He had opportunity before he went V/LA to do such and pretty much kept up a RvS state well after RvS ended. You are not reading my posting, I said during the time he wasn't V/LA his content lacked. I am ignoring it, because he has had opportunity ti post.

I will give him more leeway at this point since if he is in 5 mafia games I'll be more sympathetic, that I will admit.

It's bad attitude with no content, heck let me quote you for a second here after one of his posts.

This is how I feel about Shin for his 15 posts in this game.

False.

In case it wasn't bluntly obvious, I'm ****ty at playing mafia. I learn from other players to learn how to play the game better. I do find skimming to be a scum tell because it shows that when it occurs and he even admits it, he doesn't care for reading the game.

There is also my other point against Soup but thanks for ignoring it.
1. In the bold, you admit to it being null. Meta doesn't matter, you'll have to look for other leads.
2. Soup wasn't role fishing. Would you lynch someone WITHOUT ASKING FOR INFO first?!?!?!
3. You know when he went V/LA? Ok.
4. Still, it's not a scum tell. Instead, try asking him why he voted Choice and how sure of him he is.
5. Sometimes people skim. Again it's null. I'm afraid you'll have to try harder.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Hey yo Inaro, you're funny and all (seriously, that's pushing WWX Tizoc), but I'm gonna side with everyone saying you need to put some reads out there. It's not usual for you not to have a comment on people and not to have a scummy person. C'mon buddy, I know you're better than this.

#HBC | ѕoup

Ranmaru, back off of RR for now, we have bigger fish to fry.

WashedLaundry.

either i'm gonna have to convince you of gordo, or you convince me of ryker.

do you wanna go first?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Sure.

Ranmaru's been beating this drum about how everything Red Ruy has on Ryker is null because of Ryker but that's still what Ryker wants you to believe. You can't use meta on Ryker, it doesn't work, his play changes too much from game to game because he doesn't respond to situations, he creates them. So you have to look exactly at what he's doing.

What is ProTown about Ryker pretty much sitting on the sidelines and asking a few questions to get stances from people but not really doing much in his own right?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Dislike how most of J's explanations of things EE called him on were deflections from his now departed second head.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sure.

Ranmaru's been beating this drum about how everything Red Ruy has on Ryker is null because of Ryker but that's still what Ryker wants you to believe. You can't use meta on Ryker, it doesn't work, his play changes too much from game to game because he doesn't respond to situations, he creates them. So you have to look exactly at what he's doing.

What is ProTown about Ryker pretty much sitting on the sidelines and asking a few questions to get stances from people but not really doing much in his own right?
Not a scum tell though. You'll have to explain how ryker is trying to deceive me.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I saw that and slightly agree with it.

>Ryker's pretty much on the sidelines doing a whole lot of nothing while trying to make it look like something
>lol not a scum tell though
don't be a nix oh gog do i need to start spamming images here too

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Vote Count

AfroGandhi ()
J (1) - Evil Eye
Ranmaru () -
Soupamario (1) - Red Ryu
Ryker (1) - WashedLaundry
Evil Eye (1) - Gheb_01
Gheb_01 () -
Circus ()
Shinarouji (1) - MOD
Gordito (1) - Soupamario
vVv Choice (2) - Shinarouji, Gordito
Red Ryu (4) - Ranmaru, Ryker, vVv Choice
WashedLaundry (1) - AfroGandhi

Not voting: J, Circus

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I was going to grab quotes but I think Soup's doing that right now so I'll wait. Hopefully he does it before I decide to shower.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Explain how he is making it look like nothing.

#HBC | ѕoup

i dislike that too.

i re-read, WL, Null as **** bro.

gordo is pretty stupid though, like when he asks "do i put him at L-1?" and ryker responds yes, my mind is just hurt from the stupidity, i want to go out on a limb and say extreme distancing, but if i over-analyze it i'm gonna end up like ranmaru.

#HBC | ѕoup

i'll give you a nutshell of ryker's post.

- early day (RVS) ryker unvote votes axel alot.
- ryker dissapears after RVS
- ryker returns
- says some small things, asks me to hold his hand, i'm thinking AtE but i doubt this.
- **** happens, votes ruy on his appearance
- more **** happens, EE makes a case and then flops his vote over to J again

in a nutshell.

the last part pisses me off, and what pisses me off MORE is that J FREAKING LIKES EE AFTER ALL OF THAT I MEAN CMON YOURE ****ING KIDDING ME.

my mind is screaming distancing at me so much right now bro

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Usually I'd expect stupid **** from Gord. (He has flipped both alignments doing stupid ****)

Then again J with his EE buddying... :/

I voted Ruy when he came in too. His post was bs. I think you agreed with me.

Don't get over loaded with connections man. You gotta look for individual scumminess first, then pairing (after we have more info [flips] )

I'm still thinking Red Ryu / J.

#HBC | ѕoup

get over RR, i'm now seriously corroborating a scum team consisting of Ryker/Gord/J/EE.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Yeh, I don't like J's buddying of his attacker either. Seems like very subtle AtE, can't wait to see how EE takes it. Don't like his responses to EE's statements being deflections onto Zen, seems like he's taking an easy out and no one could really tell the difference between J posts and Zen posts. Considering the amount of fluff in his playerslot already, I don't like it. I think that's that slot's first scumhunting post of the game and even then it's kinda weak.

I think Red Ruy is bull**** but dumbtown. EE said it best when he reads him as Red Ruy. Too easy to mislynch this kid. He's worthless and, at the end of the phase, if we have no better options, I'm open to policy lynching him simply because I do not want him in LyLo, but I don't want to spend the day sitting on a policy lynch. Epitome of stancelessness, another thing that worries me about Ryker.

He's sitting on two players that are either dumb (RR) or haven't been here (J). I think he might've been waiting for them to get back, I've got my vote on him now but I wanna see what he does.

#HBC | ѕoup

unvote vote: Ryker

scum team is either J/Ryker/EE

or Ryker/Gord/J.

#HBC | ѕoup

because i think EE/Ryker/J are hard distancing eachother right now, go look at everything that has happened, it makes sense.

Top Bottom