• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
yes I have. but they don't come and go that fast. if it was TRULY that way though lucario would probably have to be at least 10 times more searched for the numbers to really add up because of how mewtwo is fading. most of those searches were likely due to people searching about wtf lucario is or how to use him in brawl. a fan of something won't just search it on google, they'll discuss it on the places that obtain hits on google.

@StB- you can do the same thign with Lucario. you also need two DS's to transfer from GenIV
Yes they do depending on the scale of said thing. If it's one character in a series like pokemon then yes it would go by that. For something on a larger scale, like the franchise itself, it would last longer.

Then how come he didn't appear so high on the poll then? :awesome:

User33

Smash Journeyman
Thinking about it, I think the SSBWiiU-3DS connectivity will function like the Mario Tennis N64 and GBC connectivity.

Four characters could be transferred from the N64 version to the GBC version, and four different characters could be transferred from GBC to N64. Characters would level up their stats in the GBC version and then be transferred over to N64 for multiplayer.

I expect something similar for the new Smash games.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This topic is proof that we are going to get reemed with a broom by this whole duo-version business:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/59434807

The person in this topic tries to come up with a solution to the problem of Smash 4 3DS being able to have less characters, while for it not merely being a "stripped down version", and all the posters tear him apart for it not having the same amount of characters as the Wii U version and for having exclusive characters for each version.

Personally, I think that is the best solution. However, most people would rather have Sakurai put less characters in the Wii U version instead in order for both games to have the same amount of characters and the same characters. This is a train wreck that is not going to end well.

They don't want less characters for the 3DS version. They don't want exclusive characters for the 3DS version. They don't want the Wii U version to be impacted by the 3DS's versions limitations. What the hell do they want? If the 3DS version can't have 50 characters, then it can't have 50 characters.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
there's a difference between getting another DS and transferring something over and walking into a cave and getting a riolu. but pikachu is more popular than lucario anyways. note how Arceus won probably because people missed the arceus event in GenIV

edit: there's a biiiig difference between songs and characters.
That isn't much harder considering all you have to do is a sibling/friend who has a DS. It would actually be easier to do that then to catch a riolu and then level it up for it to evolve to a Lucario.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
I've said it since melee, I'd love a farmer character to represent harvest moon. I just love those games. It's not too much of a stretch. Natsume is q second party developer isn't it?

:phone:
No it's 3rd party so it would be a stretch considering the limited amount of 3rd party characters that'll be able to get in.

D

Deleted member

Thinking about it, I think the SSBWiiU-3DS connectivity will function like the Mario Tennis N64 and GBC connectivity.

Four characters could be transferred from the N64 version to the GBC version, and four different characters could be transferred from GBC to N64. Characters would level up their stats in the GBC version and then be transferred over to N64 for multiplayer.

I expect something similar for the new Smash games.
Hey, that sounds like a great idea. Two examples of characters are Starfy and Issac.
This topic is proof that we are going to get reemed with a broom by this whole duo-version business:

The person in this topic tries to come up with a solution to the problem of Smash 4 3DS being able to have less characters, while for it not merely being a "stripped down version", and all the posters tear him apart for it not having the same amount of characters as the Wii U version and for having exclusive characters for each version.

Personally, I think that is the best solution. However, most people would rather have Sakurai put less characters in the Wii U version instead in order for both games to have the same amount of characters and the same characters. This is a train wreck that is not going to end well.

They don't want less characters for the 3DS version. They don't want exclusive characters for the 3DS version. They don't want the Wii U version to be impacted by the 3DS's versions limitations. What the hell do they want? If the 3DS version can't have 50 characters, then it can't have 50 characters.
He has a fantastic idea. People need to stop being selfish and accept the fact that if we want 50+ characters in the game, we're going to have to split it between the two versions. It may force us to buy more, but we get as many characters as we ask for. If we keep complaining about exclusive characters on the 3DS and Wii-U version; we are not going to have a pretty final result.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Watch Sakurai pull out some obscure Pokemon that is not Mewtwo, Zoroark or Lucario
At least those three aren't random like most other Pokemon. Of course, I only see one of them making the cut; Mewtwo would easily replace Jigglypuff if it weren't an original 12 member; Lucario will probably get booted by Zoroark.

D

Deleted member

At least those three aren't random like most other Pokemon. Of course, I only see one of them making the cut; Mewtwo would easily replace Jigglypuff if it weren't an original 12 member; Lucario will probably get booted by Zoroark.
I'm honestly not too sure about Zoroark replacing both Mewtwo and Lucario. It's much more feral than the other two, and I don't think it has a real, in-character counterpart to Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere. I could be wrong on that last part, though.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Ah I was unaware. I thought those games only came out for nintendo. Bummer.

For the record I hate bowser jr. He's such an annoying character.

:phone:
Well there's tons of characters that can still make it in so don't be too bummed out.

I don't think Bowser Jr. is that bad even if he is annoying at times.

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
I'm still wondering how will Lucas would be changed... well, for one..
Lucas is using moves he didn't had in Mother 3. Meaning Nintendo is gonna change his Upsmash, *please no D:*
and his down smash aswell. Not too sure for his Forward A. But, Nintendo is gonna change it.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
First party is Nintendo itself.
Second party is not technically owned by Nintendo, but is, because of other business considerations and such, only develops for Nintendo. An example is Game Freak, which isn't technically part of Nintendo but probably could never work outside of it ever again because Nintendo owns Pokemon.
Third party is completely separate, although there may be agreements to have certain games or series to be exclusive.

D

Deleted member

I'm still wondering how will Lucas would be changed... well, for one..
Lucas is using moves he didn't had in Mother 3. Meaning Nintendo is gonna change his Upsmash, *please no D:*
and his down smash aswell. Not too sure for his Forward A. But, Nintendo is gonna change it.
That doesn't really mean anything. I mean, how would those attacks have gotten into Lucas' Brawl moveset in the first place?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm honestly not too sure about Zoroark replacing both Mewtwo and Lucario. It's much more feral than the other two, and I don't think it has a real, in-character counterpart to Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere. I could be wrong on that last part, though.
I did input a possible special moveset that Zoroark could utilize. It doesn't necessarily have to operate like Lucario.

Zoroark's signature move, Night Daze, would probably be a Final Smash move, while Dark Pulse is a special move. I also stated Faint Attack, Agility, and Foul Play.

Steam

Smash Hero
That isn't much harder considering all you have to do is a sibling/friend who has a DS. It would actually be easier to do that then to catch a riolu and then level it up for it to evolve to a Lucario.
you build up its friendship. just walk around with it.

and pikachu isn't exactly easy to obtain in Gen4 either. you have to go through the trophy garden and it has to be on the right day and yadda yadda. and trading over is a pain in the *** either way. but pikachu is MUCH more popular than lucario anyways.

zoroark seems like an ideal pokeball pokemon to be honest. appearing as any random pokemon but really being zoroark and then attacking the user of the pokeball or something. but he'll probably be a character. we'll see what they do to him.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
He has a fantastic idea.
I was expecting to just facepalm and see a horrible idea, but it is actually pretty good. Especially since the 3DS version has most of the ****ty characters. Combine this with the N64 GBC type of idea to have characters in one from the other to have the exclusive characters be transferable, and that'd be awesome.

D

Deleted member

and pikachu isn't exactly easy to obtain in Gen4 either. you have to go through the trophy garden and it has to be on the right day and yadda yadda. and trading over is a pain in the *** either way. but pikachu is MUCH more popular than lucario anyways.
HeartGold and SoulSilver and the Pokewalker's Yellow Forest say hi.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
First party is Nintendo itself.
Second party is not technically owned by Nintendo, but is, because of other business considerations and such, only develops for Nintendo. An example is Game Freak, which isn't technically part of Nintendo but probably could never work outside of it ever again because Nintendo owns Pokemon.
Third party is completely separate, although there may be agreements to have certain games or series to be exclusive.
I think 2nd party means the majority of the company is owned by Nintendo but they still own some of the stocks themselves.

smashmachine

Smash Lord

he has a good idea, but why would you add random stuff like tingle and take bowser/ganon/other characters out

D

Deleted member

he has a good idea, but why would you add random stuff like tingle and take bowser/ganon/other characters out
That's because some characters are exclusive to the 3DS while some are exclusive to the Wii-U version. Many are also on both platforms. Combine that with Wii-U/3DS connectivity to transfer character with no limit on either version and you have a brilliant idea that people are complaining about, not knowing that this actually gives us the most characters in the game.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Okay, putting together my "semi-optimistic prediction list" and am wondering people's opinion: If DK got a 3rd rep, who'd be more likely: Dixie or K. Rool?
I choose K.Rool. He's much more important, been in many of the DK games and is not a Kong. I would choose Dixie, cuz I'm confident that she wouldn't be a clone, but I have reasons why I think K.Rool would be prioritized. I would like Dixie to have her own slot if she got in and NOT be Diddy's companion Kong. People say that a Diddy/Dixie team would be an homage to DKC2, but they seem to ignore that DK and Diddy have teamed up MUCH more--in spinoffs, DKC, Jungle Climber and DKCR, which is A LOT more recent. Those two are often together, and each of those kongs have had their own game(s). Diddy is the star of DKC2 as well as Diddy Kong Racing, and Dixie is the star of DKC3. They've proven that they can stand on their own, but since some people insist that those two stay together despite the fact that they've been paired once, I think it would be better for K.Rool to make it in instead.

Steam

Smash Hero
HeartGold and SoulSilver and the Pokewalker's Yellow Forest say hi.
I wouldn't know. but as I've said many times pikachu is more popular than lucario.

all those legendaries that finished high however aren't obtainable...

though I just want to put this topic to rest >.>

inb4Lucario/Mewtwo/Zoroark are all in SSB4

D

Deleted member

I choose K.Rool. He's much more important, been in many of the DK games and is not a Kong. I would choose Dixie, cuz I'm confident that she wouldn't be a clone, but I have reasons why I think K.Rool would be prioritized. I would like Dixie to have her own slot if she got in and NOT be Diddy's companion Kong. People say that a Diddy/Dixie team would be an homage to DKC2, but they seem to ignore that DK and Diddy have teamed up MUCH more--in spinoffs, DKC, Jungle Climber and DKCR, which is A LOT more recent. Those two are often together, and each of those kongs have had their own game(s). Diddy is the star of DKC2 as well as Diddy Kong Racing, and Dixie is the star of DKC3. They've proven that they can stand on their own, but since some people insist that those two stay together despite the fact that they've been paired once, I think it would be better for K.Rool to make it in instead.
Good point and honestly, I would prefer King K. Rool over Dixie Kong, but I still think both would be good for Smash. What makes Dixie Kong likely is the fact that she was considered for Brawl, but was dropped. My theory is that at least one of those characters will be made playable and Dixie Kong easily stands the most chance. It's also why I am not ruling out Mewtwo yet.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Here's my current prediction list (I have too many especially when you count the transformer characters as separates, so I'll whittle it down more later).

(nevermind, need to find a way to put it in with the "click to expand" thing)

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Here's my current prediction list (I have too many especially when you count the transformer characters as separates, so I'll whittle it down more later).

(nevermind, need to find a way to put it in with the "click to expand" thing)
Hey I was reading that! :mad:

smashmachine

Smash Lord
That's because some characters are exclusive to the 3DS while some are exclusive to the Wii-U version. Many are also on both platforms. Combine that with Wii-U/3DS connectivity to transfer character with no limit on either version and you have a brilliant idea that people are complaining about, not knowing that this actually gives us the most characters in the game.
there's a bit too many exclusives on the 3DS though, that's the only problem

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Some details regarding the Zoroark special moveset that I've mentioned.

Dark Pulse: Zoroark fires a dark aura blast, damaging those in its path. Hold the special button to charge it up; release to fire; if fully charged, the attack will be released automatically.

Faint Attack: Zoroark disappears and makes illusions of itself to throw off the opponent. It then attacks for real.

Agility: This is used as a recovery move. Zoroark does up to two warps of Agility. The move doesn't damage opponents.

Foul Play: Zoroark stands its ground, waiting for its target to attack it directly. When hit, Zoroark will disappear and then reappear with a counterattack. The amount of damage that this move does is 1.2x the damage that Zoroark would've received, and its knockback also depends of the evaded attack's power.

Night Daze: Zoroark's Final Smash. It'll unleash a powerful blast of dark energy, damaging anyone in its path. The attack's range is large, but it is more effective if the targets are real close to Zoroark. If used at close range, the attack has KO potential, but not from a distance.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Good point and honestly, I would prefer King K. Rool over Dixie Kong, but I still think both would be good for Smash. What makes Dixie Kong likely is the fact that she was considered for Brawl, but was dropped. My theory is that at least one of those characters will be made playable and Dixie Kong easily stands the most chance. It's also why I am not ruling out Mewtwo yet.
Personally, I think Mewtwo is going to take Lucario's spot (that is if Pokemon gets four slots). However, if Pokemon only gets four slots, it will be: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Pokemon Newcomer

Sakurai might have the same feelings towards K. Rool that he did towards Wario (much like how he thought Wario was nothing more than a poor man's Mario, he might think of K. Rool as being a poor man's Bowser). If that is the case, then Dixie Kong will likely get the third spot. Though I think if she does get in, she will probably end up being a luigi-fied clone in the same manner as Lucas and Wolf.

However, there is also the possibility that Donkey Kong gets no newcomers in light of both K. Rool and Dixie Kong being absent from Donkey Kong Country Returns. However, the series did enjoy a massive rebirth in popularity and sales due to Returns, so I would estimate the chances of seeing a Donkey Kong newcomer as being 50/50 (assuming Smash 4's roster is at least a 45 slot roster).

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Sorry! Ah, how do you make the collapsible boxes... been too long since I was on here. That 4 or 5 year hiatus wasn't good for me...
Lol, I'm not too sure. Try quoting someone who made one and see if it shows up.

D

Deleted member

Sorry! Ah, how do you make the collapsible boxes... been too long since I was on here. That 4 or 5 year hiatus wasn't good for me...
Do [C0LLAPSE] [Insert stuff] [/C0LLAPSE]. Replace the 0 with "O".

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Okay, here goes, again, this is just my current list. It'll go down/up in number depending on what we hear from Sakurai. Right now it is on the "optimistic" side as far as number. :

[collapse=Character Prediction list]
'ORIGINAL 12” CHARACTERS THAT WILL ABSOLUTELY BE COMING BACK (Nintendo's flagship mascots that were in the original SSB from the start):
1.Mario
2.Link (the bigger question is WHAT Link. I'm guessing the semi-realistic, semi-cartoony Skyward Sword Link)
3.Kirby
4.Pikachu
5.Samus
6.Donkey Kong
7.Fox McCloud
8.Yoshi

“ORIGINAL 12” CHARACTER THAT ARE LESS LIKELY THAN THE “FIRST EIGHT”, BUT STILL ARE GUARANTEED TO BE COMING BACK:
9.Captain Falcon
10.Luigi

“ORIGINAL 12” CHARACTERS THAT ARE NOT AS LIKELY AS THE OTHER 10 TO BE BACK, BUT STILL WILL ALMOST DEFINITELY BE COMING BACK:
11.Jigglypuff
12.Ness

SSBM-INTRODUCED CHARACTERS DEFINITELY COMING BACK:
13.Bowser
14.Ice Climbers (uniqueness will keep them there for eternity)
15.Peach
16.Zelda/Sheik
17.Marth
18.Mr. Game and Watch
19.Ganondorf (hopefully FINALLY given a fully unique moveset)

SSBM-INTODUCED CHARACTERS THAT COULD CONCEIVABLY BE DITCHED, BUT I DON'T SEE IT HAPPENING DUE TO BEING FAN-FAVORITES AND/OR ICONICNESS:
20.Falco
21.Young Link/Toon Link (they were basically the same character with different looks. Dunno what the latest incarnation would be)

SSBB-INTRODUCED CHARACTERS ALMOST CERTAINLY RETURNING FOR SSB4:
22.Pit (he has his own game again!)
23.Olimar
24.Dedede (One of Sakurai's favorites, and one of Nintendo's main antagonists)
25.MetaKnight (see DeDeDe)
26.Wario
27.Diddy Kong

SSBB-INTRODUCED CHARACTERS THAT WILL RETURN TO INCREASE CERTAIN FRANCHISE'S NUMBER OF CHARACTERS:
28.Lucas
29.Ike

SSBB-INTRODUCED 3RD PARTY CHARACTERS MORE LIKELY TO APPEAR THAN NOT, BUT WITH 3RD PARTY NEGOTIATIONS YOU NEVER KNOW:.
30.Sonic.
31.Snake

SSBB-INTRODUCED CHARACTER THAT WILL BE IN SSB4 BECAUSE EVERYBODY LOVES NINTENDO HISTORY NODS:
32. R.O.B.

SSBB-INTRODUCED CHARACTER IN DUE TO UNIQUENESS:
33. Pokemon Trainer (although it might be neat to mix it up a bit- maybe have Bulbasaur-Charmeleon-Blastoise instead, or the Johto starters)

(ditched from SSBB- Lucario, Wolf)

SSB4 CHARACTER INTRODUCTIONS-
34.Mii (a no-brainer. Moves would be based off of the various games they have been in)
35.Isaac (Golden Sun representative)
36.Professor Layton (Level 5 isn't part of Nintendo, but Layton has been Nintendo exclusive, so consider this a “semi-third party”)
37.Saki Amamiya (from Sin & Punishment , could just as easily be taken by Isa, from the second game in the series)
38.Zoroark (why Zoroark? Well, partly because it shares a lot of similarities to Lucario- it is NOT a legendary, but was the featured Pokemon in a Pokemon anime movie. It debuted before it's Pokemon generation started. It's basically bipedal. Oh, and Zoroark has a gimmick, and SSB developers love gimmicks: Zoroark starts every life “disguised” as the opponent. This isn't useful in head-to-head where the friend is in the same room, but in online play and similar settings it could be disorienting, as the announcer and even the icon on the bottom will say it is, say, Mario. The Illusion disappears after the first hit.)
39.Plusle & Minun (the 3rd generation of Pokemon never got any love from SSB, but there are rumors that Ruby/Sapphire will be remade, so it'll be as good a time as any to bring in Plusle and Minun, the two Pichuesque Pokemon that are nearly-useless alone but work well together. Add that apparently they had unused files in SSBB and...)
40.K. Rool (DK needs more representation, and I don't see Dixie Kong as getting in for some reason)
41.Little Mac (apologies to King Hippo)
42.Samurai Goroh (Poor Falcon has been lonely for too long, and Samurais are awesome. Ergo, Samurai Goroh)
43.Starfy (it's time, he's had a NA release!)
44.Bowser Jr.
45.Ridley (more Metroid is needed, and Ridley has waited long enough)
46.Krystal (to keep StarFox at 3 reps, while finally providing somebody who isn't a semi-clone from Fox)
47.Mega Man (The Capcom representative. The original Megaman, accept no substitutes)

47 selectables, 51 when counting changers like Samus/Zero-Suit, PKMN trainer and Zelda/Sheik. Most likely new character to make it: Mii. Least least new character on my list to make it (not counting Mega Man, as that's more up to Capcom then up to Sakurai): Plusle and Minun.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Universe Count]
Mario (not counting Wario, DK, Yoshi related things, although they are, of course, Mario related): 5 (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr.)
Yoshi: 1 (Yoshi, although Bowser Jr. is close enough to Baby Bowser to “count” too)
DK: 3 (DK, Diddy, K. Rool)
Zelda: 4 or 5 depending on whether you count Zelda and Sheik as 1 or 2(Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Young/Toon Link)
Kirby: 3 (Kirby, Dedede, Metaknight)
Pokemon: 5 (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Plusle/Minun, PKMN trainer, Zoroark)
Metroid: 2 or 3 depending on how you view Zero Suit (Samus, Ridley)
Star Fox: 3 (Fox, Falco, Krystal)
F-Zero: 2 (Falcon, Goroh)
Mother/Earthbound: 2 (Ness, Lucas)
Ice Climber: 1 (Ice Climbers)
Fire Emblem: 2 (Marth, Ike)
G&W: 1 (Mr. Game and Watch)
Kid Icarus: 1 (Pit)
Pikmin: 1 (Olimar)
Warioware: 1 (Wario)
Metal Gear: 1 (Snake)
Sonic the Hedgehog: 1 (Sonic)
Gyromite: 1 (R.O.B.)
Mii: 1 (Mii)
Golden Sun: 1 (Isaac)
Professor Layton: 1 (Layton)
Starfy: 1 (Starfy)
Sin & Punishment: 1 (Saki)
Punch-out!: 1 (Little Mac)
Mega Man: 1 (Mega Man)

This looks like a reasonably good mix. Mario (and it's various sub-universes, most notably DK), Zelda and Pokemon have the most, of course, since they are the three biggest franchises in Nintendo. Kirby, Metroid, F-Zero, Mother/Earthbound, Fire Emblem and Star Fox all also have more than one character, which makes sense since those are all popular (although Mother is only a Cult Classic series in America, it was very popular in Japan) long-running series that originated on the SNES or earlier.[/collapse]

[collapse=reasons for removal]
LUCARIO- Lucario was in basically because he was the marketable 'mon at the time and was from the latest generation of the series.

WOLF- I know, I know, the Star Fox characters are actually pretty different from each other, but on a broad superficial level they are all “clones” to the eyes of people who don't look at SSB in-depth. So, I think Wolf will be cut, and replaced by Krystal. This doesn't mean I WANT it to happen, merely that I think it will. (So, in short: Wolf could be removed because some people are stupid)[/collapse]

[collapse=Characters that I would want in but I don't think will]
Pac-Man: I'm probably the biggest Pac-Man booster around. The reason, of course, being that Pac-Man is behind possibly only Mario as far as Video Game iconicness goes. He's already crossed over with Mario in the Mario Kart arcade games and the 'Vs. Pac-Man” game for GCN. He doesn't get much love in SSB circles, however, mainly because his best games are a long time ago and his more recent fair has never been as good as the Golden Age. That said, I'm not going to entirely give up hope... just not going to get my hopes up.

Yarn Kirby and, on a similar note, Paper Mario: Two unique takes on iconic characters that would be interesting diversions and have some unique abilities to bring to SSB4. Don't really get much love, but you never know.

Rayman, Bomberman, etc..: The various “cartoon mascots” of other third parties, that just aren't likely to happen because of space and the fact I doubt we'll see more than 3 or 4 third parties. Of the two I've specifically mentioned, I'd say Bomberman has slightly more of a chance, but since Ubisoft seems to be in love with the WiiU maybe Rayman has a outside shot. That said, I don't see either of them happening. Other third-party mascots- Crash (now owned by Activision), for example, or the long-on-hiatus Earthworm Jim, are even less likely.

Female Pokemon Trainer from Generation 3: Generation 3 never got any love, which is a shame, since it gave some great 'mons. The female trainer (think of May from the anime, who was based on the G3 design for a female PKMN trainer) would use Mudkip, Grovyle and Blaziken. That's a meme, a cool-looking middle-level grass-type, and a character that got some support for SSBB. I don't think it will happen, especially since a very-early level file for Plusle and Minun was apparently in SSBB, which suggests that they liked that idea.

Geno: I liked Geno in Super Mario RPG as much as anyone and I think it'd be neat if he was in SSB4. But I don't think he'll be in SSB4, especially as a fighter- it's been too long since his main appearance and the Square-Enix ownership causes even more problems. A trophy at best.

Mewtwo: I liked Mewtwo, and SSBM didn't do him justice. But the first generation of PKMN is too oversaturated, especially since we now have even more generations.

E. Gadd: The mad scientist from Luigi's Mansion and a few other Mario games. Would be just really cool to have somebody who used only crazy cartoonish gadgets- he'd have the FLUDD, he'd have the vacuum from Luigi's Mansion and that paintbrush that Bowser Jr stole from him. Not going to happen, though.

Ryu, Chun-Li, etc.: The Capcom fighters would be nice to include as a nod to their part in the history of fighters.... but, well, Capcom means Mega Man. Sorry. Now if they ever make a “Capcom vs. Nintendo” game....

Dixie Kong: Might have a chance due to having been considered for SSBB. Don't think it will happen due to space and the fact that she's, well, the third banana of the DK Crew. I'd say this is the most likely of the people I'm mentioning in this section here to actually make it into the game.

Wolf Link: The chance is probably past, sadly.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Possible names for SSB4]
Super Smash Brothers Fracas (my personal favorite)
Super Smash Brothers Ruckus
Super Smash Brothers Brouhaha (too close to Brawl, would mess up our acronyms)
Super Smash Brothers Scuffle
Super Smash Brothers Tussle (seems too... small. Maybe for the handheld?)
Super Smash Brothers War (Too large of a word in meaning, sounds like something someone would name a Flash game)
Super Smash Brothers Clash
Super Smash Brothers U--- (a word that starts with U for the Wii U. SSB Universe. SSB United? Dunno)
Super Smash Brothers Mayhem
Super Smash Brothers Chaos
[/collapse]

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
In terms of K. Rool vs. Dixie, I barely see how it's a question. From what we know, Dixie was only ever considered as a companion for Diddy (I believe the poll options were Diddy, Diddy & Dixie, and K. Rool). Also, I believe Sakurai will choose to keep Diddy as he is, considering how he has been reluctant to change Ganondorf and Falco's movesets to appease their mains. Dixie would undoubtedly alter Diddy's game significantly, removing at least his Down Special for a supposed character swap.

If K. Rool had made it into Donkey Kong Country Returns, I would go so far as to call him a shoe-in. However, because he is not, I believe his chances are hurt, but not thrown out the window. K. Rool has infinitely more moveset potential than Dixie could ever hope for, in addition to poll popularity. In addition, the third character added to each major series (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon in Melee, Star Fox, Kirby) has been a villain, and although the trend is arguable and not firmly established, I doubt Sakurai will break it for a character much less popular and unique than her series' villain.

At this point, I think the DK series will either receive K. Rool, or no playable slot at all. I'm hoping Sakurai will see the series' re-emergence through DKCR and add K. Rool...although he is not in the game, there is literally nothing from that game that could become anything more than an AT, much less a playable character. I think Dixie is out of the question at this point (remember, she's not in the game either), so we're left with either K. Rool or no new DK rep.

Steam

Smash Hero
I'd really hope they'd put in K.rool if there's any DK rep... but that's just me.

@gamingboy- Lucario is more than just a fad but I can definitely see him being left out for zoroark. plusle and minun though is a bit iffy. however they are very very unique characters. and would be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom