• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I'd really hope they'd put in K.rool if there's any DK rep... but that's just me.

@gamingboy- Lucario is more than just a fad but I can definitely see him being left out for zoroark. plusle and minun though is a bit iffy. however they are very very unique characters. and would be interesting.
Yeah, Plusle and Minun is definitely my biggest reach.

D

Deleted member

wait.. can someone remind me already why K.Rool and the Kremlings were not on DKCR? Licensing problems?
I don't think Nintendo's ever stated why. They just said that they wouldn't be appearing.

Steam

Smash Hero
Yeah, Plusle and Minun is definitely my biggest reach.
I agree... as unique as they'd be lucario or even mewtwo would be more likely to see a return. as GREAT of an idea as plusle and minun are. but if they pay enough homage to pokemon it's possible... maybe as a pokeball pokemon even.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
wait.. can someone remind me already why K.Rool and the Kremlings were not on DKCR? Licensing problems?
I think it was because they wanted to try something different, although there are the conspiracy theories that the folks over in Japan are still pissed off by how much attention the original DKCs got during the later days of the SNES.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
When Nintendo and Retro sat down during DKCR's planning, Miyamoto gave Retro his recommendations for character inclusions. He never said to cut any characters, but he said to be sure to include Cranky, if I remember correctly. Retro made the call to cut everything else from the series, sans the three Kongs, Rambi and Squawks. Nintendo owns K. Rool and the Kremlings, hence their appearance in that one Mario Baseball title.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Layton is in fact a 3rd party character. http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/creators.html
Yes, but since he has never appeared on any other consoles, I consider him more likely than, say, Rayman or Bomberman. And obviously his connection to Nintendo is enough where Nintendo has held release parties for him at Nintendo World stores, so I figured he is a pretty good bet to at least be considered.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
I'd really hope they'd put in K.rool if there's any DK rep... but that's just me.

@gamingboy- Lucario is more than just a fad but I can definitely see him being left out for zoroark. plusle and minun though is a bit iffy. however they are very very unique characters. and would be interesting.
Oh wow. I was just about to suggest Plusle and Minun but then I saw this. It just sort of dawned on me that Plusle and Minun can have some sort of Ice Climbers-esque play style. I think it'd be really cool.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but since he has never appeared on any other consoles, I consider him more likely than, say, Rayman or Bomberman. And obviously his connection to Nintendo is enough where Nintendo has held release parties for him at Nintendo World stores, so I figured he is a pretty good bet.
True. He is a Nintendo exclusive 3rd party character but still one none the less which means negotiations and such. I myself think he is likely though due to the reason you stated.

D

Deleted member

True. He is a Nintendo exclusive 3rd party character but still one none the less which means negotiations and such. I myself think he is likely though due to the reason you stated.
Professor Layton is nowhere near as likely as Mega Man. Not nearly as popular, wanted, and his best chance is a 3DS exclusive. He is one of the more likely fourth third-party characters, but I would put Ryu Hayabusa. Travis Touchdown, and Slime above him.

Likeliness of third-party characters (Old and new IMO): Sonic > Snake > Mega Man >>> Slime > Ryu Haybusa > Travis Touchdown > Professor Layton

Everyone else's chance are very poor.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Professor Layton is nowhere near as likely as Mega Man. Not nearly as popular, wanted, and his best chance is a 3DS exclusive.
Yeah I was going to note that. If there are exclusive characters to each version it would increase his chances for the 3DS one if it had to do with handheld appearances.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think Retro Studios wanted to respect the work that Rare did for Nintendo. Therefore, the company wanted to be original with its work, despite the fact that Nintendo has the rights to ALL the Donkey Kong characters.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Professor Layton is nowhere near as likely as Mega Man. Not nearly as popular, wanted, and his best chance is a 3DS exclusive.
Not as likely as Mega Man, but likelier then, say, my "want but know we probably won't have" suggestions of Pac-Man, Bomberman, etc.

That said, as I think I might have said before, he is more likely to be handheld then on WII U, or potentially he'll be a character that you could transfer on.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I was going to note that. If there are exclusive characters to each version it would increase his chances for the 3DS one if it had to do with handheld appearances.
Problem being is that I very much doubt that we'll be seeing third-party characters on the 3DS version. Granted, it makes him more possible, but I can't really imagine third-party characters on the 3DS version.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Nope. The only reason they were not included is because Nintendo didn't want them to be in the game. Some people will contest me, but I guarantee they are bitter because the Kremlings were designed by an English company. Although Retro is American, Nintendo thought up the idea for Tikis.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Problem being is that I very much doubt that we'll be seeing third-party characters on the 3DS version. Granted, it makes him more possible, but I can't really imagine third-party characters on the 3DS version.
I think we might see one on the 3DS. Maybe. :3 You never know.

Also: I got a chat up on the homepage. xD Last time I'm gonna talk about this in this topic. Just letting people know if they're interested. Sorry for jumping topics.

D

Deleted member

@Glowworm: No, I don't want to see Lanky in the game. He has very little chance anyway.
I dunno, losing to Pichu was pretty humiliating back in the day.
Losing to Mewtwo would also be humiliating. In Brawl's cases, Ganondorf.

I feel as this is an glorified chat thread with the incredible speed this thread is pacing at. Never really expected it to go this fast so quick and the fact being is that the speed will only get higher and higher.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Losing to Mewtwo would also be humiliating. In Brawl's cases, Ganondorf.

I feel as this is an glorified chat thread with the incredible speed this thread is pacing at. Never really expected it to go this fast so quick and the fact being is that the speed will only get higher and higher.
God help us when they actually release real hard details, or even a trailer! (Earliest chance for a trailer is probably next year's E3, I'd imagine, although it would probably be more of a teaser than an actual trailer)

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
I'm sure this thread'll die down a bit as time goes by. After all, we only have so much to talk about when development hasn't even started. New boards and new threads will eventually be designated once actual content and info are available.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
SWF will crash again after the trailer most likely due to so many people joining the server at once LOL

Then when it comes back up will we have 10 year olds throwing around ideas, and just posting stuff like "DUDE THAT WAS SO AWESOME" and like.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Lanky Kong in a Smash setting would be awesome. I can visualize it already. Lanky's uptilt is both his fists shooting into the sky while still grounded and the unique ability to hang on the ledge and punch his foes while still holding on :awesome:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The only three characters whom I would be shocked not to see playable in Smash Bros. 4 are:
1. Mega Man (due to even Capcom wanting to see him in Smash Bros.)
2. A second Kid Icarus character (due to Sakurai's team developing Smash 4 right after finishing Uprising)
3. A Pokemon newcomer (since Game Freak has a heavy hand in determining Pokemon content in Smash Bros. and they usually like to promote their latest release within it).

I can easily see Sakurai being bone-headed enough to think "Ridelee iz 2 bigg!!!111 lulz" , that Little Mac can't be playable due to "all he can do is punch, lol.", that Donkey Kong does not need a third character, and that Mario does not need a fifth character.

Its really just Mega Man that I can see definitely see being a part of Smash 4's roster. Though I am not sure about who will take Kid Icarus's second spot or Pokemon's newcomer slot, I am certain there will newcomers for both of those series (I just don't know who).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
SWF will crash again after the trailer most likely due to so many people joining the server at once LOL

Then when it comes back up will we have 10 year olds throwing around ideas, and just posting stuff like "DUDE THAT WAS SO AWESOME" and like.
^^^^^
I was one of them during the Pre-Brawl hype on Nsider. Good times, terrible ideas.

"DAISY FOR BRAWLLLLL!"

This thread is going to move with the tides, the more info that comes in, the larger the wave of newbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom