• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Nov 8, 2014] SypherPhoenix's Boosted Biweeklies! - Northern VA (Fairfax, VA, USA)

MinQ

Smash Apprentice
There is no smashfest at Max's today. Sorry for getting anyone's hopes up. Additional events will be announced when he feels like having one.

oygp

Smash Rookie
hey, do you guys play brawl? or mainly melee?

I'm new to this forum btw.

My Wolf is pretty good.

I live in Stafford, VA... so if anyone close by is hosting today, I'd be willing to drive over and play some.

My Wolf is pretty good.

I live in Stafford, VA... so if anyone close by is hosting today, I'd be willing to drive over and play some.
Most of us play Melee exclusively, but I play both. Kaffei, Exdia_16, and Boss8 also play Brawl

Welcome to Smashboards

You got a good Wolf? $1 money match Wolf dittos?

You live 50 minutes from this venue, which is where most of the Smashfests happen. ChuDat's Smashfest tonight is in pretty much the same area

I don't have Chu's number, am I still invited? If so, anyone wanna PM me the details so I can see if I can come?
His phone number
703 989 8795

His address
3312 Dauphine dr.
Falls Church VA, 22042
(Not too far off I-495 beltway Exit 50 towards Arlington If coming from up North, or Exit 48 towards Annandale if coming from South.)

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Yeah mers that's fine.

I forget the address number but it's Dauphine Drive, Fairfax. It's a short cul-de-sac and his house is about halfway down on the left. I'll be there later tonight.

Kaffei

Smash Hero

My Wolf is pretty good.

Hi =D

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Well, if ya change your mind and wanna play the B word, send me a PM, and I can host a few peeps over at my joint.

About the Smashfest I mentioned hosting Sunday, cancel that. Got a new temporary job assignment starting that day. Also, Sleek, you should have joined the MD event. We've got about 20 players here

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Hm. Do y'all play something besides Melee, maybe? SF4 or somthin'? TF2? Mario Kart? Just throwin it out there.

:phone:

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Boredom isn't enough to entice me to play Brawl. Even at gunpoint ... I dunno, man.
^^

and yes i play a bunch of multiplayer games

i know how to play tetris attack/pokemon puzzle league, gen 1 pokemon, and f-zero x

i also "know" (ie understand) how to play a ton of games including sf4 and mario kart

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Pretty sure a lot of people who play still Melee would rather do nothing over play Brawl ... jussayin'

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
tournament next weekend unless something is going on

oh and i'm instituting a new controller slot rule, i'll write it up/explain in a bit.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Alright, so basically, the new rule simply says that you must play singles using player slots 1 and 2. Any slot arrangement is valid for doubles.

There are a few exceptions, though:
On DL64 you must play P2 and P4;
On KJ64 you must play P1 and P4;
On Battlefield you must play P3 and P4.

The reasoning behind this is entirely due to the placement of the starting positions.

Any disagreements on port priority/choice will be settled by a coin flip (not RPS!) . Heads/tails will be assigned before the flip.

This rule will work similar to how the double blind pick works. You don't really HAVE to play by this rule, but either player can call it before any match of the set and you must play under it. You may not call for the rule after a stage has loaded (stage appears on screen), even during the countdown.

I'll write this into my rule post, written a bit more formal. It'll be posted in the tournament room.

Top Bottom