• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Founding of D Gamesia - Game over? Who scum wins reigned supreme in DGames?

Purple

Hi guys!
Chaos an assassin and th3duder is town. Oh chibo is an assassin too.

Ruler will get modkilled because god knows he can't actually post on a hydra, but when he does he pots five posts at a time

Btw I'm town. Or am i?

MINDGAMES.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Suddenly, after the revisions to the constitution were established, everybody took a notice that it was getting late. But, the villagers was kept on their toes, not knowing whether it would be a good idea to start cracking down and looking for these dastardly assassins immediately, or to start the search at a later time, like in the morning. After a very drawn out form of pointless banter, it was mutually agreed that it was far too late for anybody to search for members of the assassins with success. So, the village decided to wait until the morning.

Night 0 begins! Send your Night actions to me by July 15th, 2011 at 6:30 EST.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
The sun came over the village, and as everybody started getting up, they started scrambling, trying to find ways to establish what would happen if they were absolutely positive that a king was wrong in his decision, and this, and that. But all the while, one tired villager lay in his bed. As he lifted his head, he had noticed a crown laying at the corner of his bed with a note.

Dear Lord Tom,

I have made a very well thought out decision on who shall be our first king. My reasoning behind this decision is clear: You give me the most trusting feeling in my gut, and I can not deny you the opportunity to run this village. So, if you take the crown under this letter, I will be more than proud to go under your wing.

Sincerely,

~The Village Kingmaker
After reading that, Lord Tom rose from his bed and made his way to the village square, where complete insanity was ensuing. At the clap of his hands, the village got silent and looked directly at him.

"My village," said Lord Tom, "We are a wise group of people who will come together to rid of these dreadful assassins. Now, understand that as your king I will be deciding who to execute. But, I will need the help of all of us in the village in order to do so. So please, stop this incessant bickering and let's get to work. We have a long Day ahead of us." And with that, the village calmed down and got to work.

Sworddancer. has been crowned king of the village! Day 1 begins! Deadline is whenever the f*** Sword executes somebody!

th3duder

th3kuzinator|Tom
thats certainly not fair. i was so excited, perhaps appeased, to see that i had been made king only to find out i hadnt been made king

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Someone thought I would make a good king . . .

<3

Actually, this makes perfect sense. IRL, my name is Stephen. Stephen is Greek for "crown," which could also be interpertated as "king." My last name is Haas, which in German (or Polish?) means rabbit. So, my fellow D Gameses . . . ians. I bow to lead us through this trecerous Day as . . .

the rabbit king.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
1. Sold2/Ryker - meh
2. Raziek - Hello
3. J - Hello! Have any suggestiions to get us out of this RVS any quicker, without there actually being a RVS?
4. Zεη - Same question as above.
5. th3duder (th3kuzinator/Tom) - Tom, I've been waiting to actually play in a game with you FOREVER. Everytime the change comes up you go inactive or replace out.
6. ForeverZero (frozenflame751/Overswarm) - Since we're in an open set up, you can't gambit. Sorry. :p
7. Purple - What do you think of excuting inactives?
8. Chaco - How come you didn't play Salttales more like you did ToS?
9. Beat! - Beat, same question as Purple. Also, how experianced are you?
10. Sworddancer. - :awesome:
11. Soupamario - Be active?
12. vVv Chibosempai - Hi
13. -Vocal- - Nice to see you again. Are we ever going to do that hydra?

@Everyone: In one post, tell me if you think voting for this game would be a good idea or not (as in voting for who I kill). Note that (assuming we go down this path) I may not listin to the votecount if it's wrong.

Marluxia_

Smash Rookie
I don't have any suggestions to quickly get out of RVS because I actually like having RVS. But a suggestion would be to start a quickwagon on someone which will get rid of RVS out of them. We can do that with the psuedo-voting scheme but other than that it doesn't really do much because you have control of who dies.

Yeah, I'm in a hydra with Moth because we wanted to play together and both be in this game.

th3duder

th3kuzinator|Tom
I said it in BiM4 and I'll say it again.

Votecounts in games that don't warrant them are the dumbest idea this side of memphis. We don't have deadline nor do we need the town's majority to make any important decision so we don't need to bother with it. In that game in particular we had scum sneak by a situation which would have normally got him lynched because he was so vehemently supporting the implementation of votecounts that everyone thought he was too pro-town to be scum. It gives scum a chance to act like they want people leaving a permanent voting trail while in reality they can just use it to their advantage knowing that any of the dayvigs (king in this case) can choose someone completely irrelevant than who the wagon is on.

tl;dr its not necessary and we aren't using it.

th3duder

th3kuzinator|Tom
I don't have any suggestions to quickly get out of RVS because I actually like having RVS. But a suggestion would be to start a quickwagon on someone which will get rid of RVS out of them. We can do that with the psuedo-voting scheme but other than that it doesn't really do much because you have control of who dies.

Yeah, I'm in a hydra with Moth because we wanted to play together and both be in this game.
wtfamireading.jpg

You're suggesting a quickwagon on someone to get the ball rolling?

>we have votes that matter in this game

Purple

Hi guys!
How the bell can you wagon someone when no one really matters to the kill except the king..

Anyways pinching inactive seems like a great idea, it keeps conversation on the players who make noise, instead of the player who are forcing null reads on themselves.

Going back to work, will post in roughly five hours

Beat!

Smash Master
Executing inactives sounds great.

As for your second question, Sword, I'm not very experienced.

Votecounts sounds unnecessary and I don't support it. The king should be able to see for himself what the majority wants, and he can just go against it anyway if he wants to.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Your majesty, lord Dancing of swords, i have brought of message to you.

It is decreed that you, lord swords, shall decide who we shall lynch, but the heiarchy of Soup & Mario's believe that your execution be used to just and fair, and naught on true greed, for if so we shall turn a blind eye on you.

It has 5 laws in fine print.

1. Doth lynch inactives if inactive doth refuse to respond, but only in drastic measures.
2. Listen to the town creed, they are your shepard in this battle, if you were to cast a black cloak on us all such as executing without our consent, you shall be damned.
3. Soup & Mario is your humblest servant, but nay a dog, you may use him freely, but do not try to pet him.
4.Listen to th3duder, he is a smart knave.
5. i demand soup to my cabbage each night, if i do not get these rewards then i shall create a mob.

Are we clear, Lord sword?

th3duder

th3kuzinator|Tom
@Marluxia_: when you answer my better half's wtfamireading.jpg, can you explain to me your thought process when you answered the Rabbit King's question about RVS?

th3duder (th3kuzinator/Tom) - Tom, I've been waiting to actually play in a game with you FOREVER. Everytime the change comes up you go inactive or replace out.

@Everyone: In one post, tell me if you think voting for this game would be a good idea or not (as in voting for who I kill). Note that (assuming we go down this path) I may not listin to the votecount if it's wrong.
im happy to oblige a full game. yellowed is essentially what i would do as king. i would suggest that, if we do use a voting system (and frankly it cannot be stopped; if i seem to disagree with my better half here, read on to the next quote section), do not fall into the pit of making this game rely TRULY on the voting system - you cannot, it is not there, you are just creating drama and null-tell tension that scum can use to pull the wool over their wolfpelt and over your eyes. a voting system can show who someone says they want the king to kill, but it can just as easily be said in conversation; so its neither a good idea nor a bad idea if used efficiently, but if used inefficiently it is definitely a bad idea.

I said it in BiM4 and I'll say it again.

Votecounts in games that don't warrant them are the dumbest idea this side of memphis. We don't have deadline nor do we need the town's majority to make any important decision so we don't need to bother with it. In that game in particular we had scum sneak by a situation which would have normally got him lynched because he was so vehemently supporting the implementation of votecounts that everyone thought he was too pro-town to be scum. It gives scum a chance to act like they want people leaving a permanent voting trail while in reality they can just use it to their advantage knowing that any of the dayvigs (king in this case) can choose someone completely irrelevant than who the wagon is on.

tl;dr its not necessary and we aren't using it.
i agree with my better half, especially on that last line - they are unnecessary. HOWEVER, we will not stand for witch hunts on players who are using a vote to express their belief even though there is no voting system; neither will we stand for players who use the voting system discussion to seem pro-town or anti-town.

if you only take one thing away from this post, let it be that your opinion on trying to implement a voting system is not pro-town, and it is not anti-town. it is a null tell. if it becomes the only thing you are talking about, or if you try to use it as leverage to convince the king to kill another player, you are dumborscum.

@chaco - whats up my *****.

@chibo - you gonna die day 1?

@ForeverZero - the four of us all know you could easily prove the Rabbit King wrong with any number of gambits even though its an open setup. if you do try to prove him wrong, just make sure it skews the game heavily in town's favor :p

th3duder

th3kuzinator|Tom
Your majesty, lord Dancing of swords, i have brought of message to you.

It is decreed that you, lord swords, shall decide who we shall lynch, but the heiarchy of Soup & Mario's believe that your execution be used to just and fair, and naught on true greed, for if so we shall turn a blind eye on you.

It has 5 laws in fine print.

1. Doth lynch inactives if inactive doth refuse to respond, but only in drastic measures.
2. Listen to the town creed, they are your shepard in this battle, if you were to cast a black cloak on us all such as executing without our consent, you shall be damned.
3. Soup & Mario is your humblest servant, but nay a dog, you may use him freely, but do not try to pet him.
4.Listen to th3duder, he is a smart knave.
5. i demand soup to my cabbage each night, if i do not get these rewards then i shall create a mob.

Are we clear, Lord sword?
good discussion

law 1: drastic measures indeed. the normal sentiments towards lynching inactives apply here - dont be blinded by tunneling; listen to arguments.
law 2: not exactly. it remains to be seen what we will do if the king goes against the popular opinion, but remember that the only person who can policy lynch the king is the next day's king, and then he can't be king until the day after next. dont be blinded by tunneling; listen to arguments.

Why wasn't there a death last night?
think this through and post again

Finger of Quarantine: Chibo
respond to chibo's response

#HBC | ѕoup

n0 was only used to crown a king, not a fool, unlike yourself.

th3duder

th3kuzinator|Tom
@myself: Stop saying things I want to say before I say them :mad:

@Chibo: You should (re)read the kingmaker rules to freshen up on the setup mechanics. I don't wanna waste time on it in thread.

Marluxia_

Smash Rookie
wtfamireading.jpg

You're suggesting a quickwagon on someone to get the ball rolling?

>we have votes that matter in this game
Quickwagons do tend to get people out of RVS extremely fast. Just look at a current non-existing game's D1 or Bingo. I also don't get the problem with using votes to express opinions. It's probably because I have never played in a style where the votes don't actually count before.

@Marluxia_: when you answer my better half's wtfamireading.jpg, can you explain to me your thought process when you answered the Rabbit King's question about RVS?
As of late I have seen quick-wagons be the way people try and get out of RVS. They pile on votes and look at the bandwagon/reactions it brings about and it begins to make the game serious. Plus I don't see why we can't use votes to even show that is the person we don't like. It's the same as using FoS/HoS in a standard mafia game now I assume.

Speaking of which, I don't care for Soupa's random FoS on Chibo. And his post saying he is Sword's lapdog because he is the king, buddies th3duder (though that's null because Kuzi's in that hydra), and saying things that are kindof....well obvious.

@Soupa: Please do not post that way.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I didn't realize this, when I heard night 0 I assumed it was a normal night. Since ya know, it's called a night.

I'm aware of everything else, just didn't realize that night 0 isn't actually a night.

th3duder

th3kuzinator|Tom
It was a night phase and there are no anti killing or protective roles?
@myself: Stop saying things I want to say before I say them :mad:

@Chibo: You should (re)read the kingmaker rules to freshen up on the setup mechanics. I don't wanna waste time on it in thread.
@myself: stop hitting yourself stop hitting yourself

@chibo: i will, however, indulge my time into this. there was a night phase and there are no anti killing or protective roles - you just answered your own unnecessary question, then, didn't you? #1 dumb or scum - why are you asking a question that you can already surmise the answer to? are you scum trying to drop IMNOTSCUM tells by asking this question already knowing that you didnt get a kill night 0?

#HBC | ѕoup

J, don't get your panties in a bunch over nothing, seriously.

i mean

Peasant J, your knip-knockers are in a bramble over naught, quite so.

th3duder

th3kuzinator|Tom
Quickwagons do tend to get people out of RVS extremely fast. Just look at a current non-existing game's D1 or Bingo. I also don't get the problem with using votes to express opinions. It's probably because I have never played in a style where the votes don't actually count before.

As of late I have seen quick-wagons be the way people try and get out of RVS. They pile on votes and look at the bandwagon/reactions it brings about and it begins to make the game serious. Plus I don't see why we can't use votes to even show that is the person we don't like. It's the same as using FoS/HoS in a standard mafia game now I assume.

Speaking of which, I don't care for Soupa's random FoS on Chibo. And his post saying he is Sword's lapdog because he is the king, buddies th3duder (though that's null because Kuzi's in that hydra), and saying things that are kindof....well obvious.

@Soupa: Please do not post that way.
you have to ask yourself, if you were quickwagoned and voted by four players, what pressure would you feel? these people literally cannot lynch you. you quickwagon to see how people respond to the pressure of threat; quickwagons in kingmaker are empty threats - they have been REPLACED by the king stating "im thinking about killing you." he is horse, wagon, and wheels.

i dont blame you, though.

#HBC | ѕoup

You basically were, what reason do you have to bring something as little as a bit of a flavor introduction as a main case against me?

and by that i mean

Aye, you were! what has your reasons for this squabble? what small disaster struck your mind with something as small as flavor introducing against thyself?

Marluxia_

Smash Rookie
I never said anywhere your flavour introduction was the reasoning behind my dislike of your post. It was what you were saying behind the flavour. Main case? I just said I didn't like your post.

I just asked if you would drop the annoyng bits of flavour because it isn't needed but I'm not gonna argue over something that really doesn't matter.

#HBC | ѕoup

But that's what i'm saying, J.

You're accusing me for flavor introduction, because that's all that post was, the content in it revolved around flavor, i stated the quite obvious so it fit, and as duder said, it helps discussion.

Top Bottom